Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2002, 06:31 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Talking wednesday - hump day!

hi girls,
i'm back!! i had a fab time up in scotland, learning how to sail. i'm now certified competent crew and can tie many different knots (i'm sure that'll come in handy). sadly the weather was rubbish, so i spent most of the time in my waterproofs!
all the jubilee celebrations are now over and it's back to work. booh. ah well. it's good to be back with you girls. i haven't read any posts yet, so i'll go do that. just wanted to sign in and let you know i'm here! hope everyone is doing well.
speak later,
kirsty
Old 06-05-2002, 06:52 AM   #2  
Scotland's finest export

Kim - congrats! at last eh?!!?
quick report from Lolly's wedding. it was fantastic! the sun was shining and she looked fab. best wedding i've been to. i'll try to post a piccie sometime soon. she's on honeymoon at the moment but i'm sure she'll drop in when she gets back!
Old 06-05-2002, 08:58 AM   #3  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Morning! (There is nothing good about it--BF called first thing to tell me he'd lost his job, my shower wouldn't get warm, and I can't get any peace and quiet here at work to actually do work!)

Had WI last night. I was up 2.4 lbs. Oops. But I knew I'd be up because I've been pigging out for the last two weeks so on the bright side, I wasn't up as much as I thought I would be.

Kirsty--You learned to sail? That is so exciting and sounds like so much fun!! Too bad that the weather was rubbish for you. I'm glad Lolly's wedding was great, I can't wait to see a picture!!

OK, maybe now I can be left alone to do a little work. Will check back in later and hopefully things will be looking a little better for me.
Old 06-05-2002, 08:59 AM   #4  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Kirsty - hello there. Sounds like you had fun sailing. I love sailing. I haven't done it in years though! Hope all is going well and I can't WAIT to see pics from Lolly's wedding.

Gosh I;ve missed everyone.

Kim - that's a fantastic goal. And hey - it's a tough goal... but there's a saying "Reach for the stars and you may just land on the moon." I've found that out. There's nothing wrong with setting high goals. I mean... if you set a 15-pound goal and met it, you'd be like "I met my goal." But say you set a 36-pound goal and lose 25 pounds.... you may not have made your goal, but you lost more than you would have if you set a smaller goal. Does that make sense? I have faith that you can do it... 5 pounds a month and that will be 30 pounds.

Well... here's a picture of my progress. Actually... the latest pic, all the way to the right if from last July. I've lost about 35 pounds since then.... but I don't have a picture scanned in yet.

The first pic: Nov 2000 - 220 pounds
2nd pic: May 2001 - 190 pounds
3rd pic: July 2001 - 180 pounds.

The pics are blurry because I can only attach a 25KB file... so I had to cut out some resolution.

I'll find a pic and scan one in tonight.

Lisa
Old 06-05-2002, 09:09 AM   #5  
Bono Fanatic!

Talking Lisa!

I've missed you! You're pictures are amazing!!! You look like a new person! I can't wait to see a more recent one.

Kirsty - Glad the sailing was fun! Please post a picture from Lolly's wedding!

Jess - I hope your day improves. It can't get much worse, huh?!

Well, things are crazy at work. It is really hard trying to prepare to be out for 8 days of work. But I leave for Italy in 3 days and I am so excited that I can hardly sit still!!!

Anyone remember that guy I dated for a few weeks at the beginning of the year? Things were going really well and then he was transferred to Atlanta for 6 months? Well, he called me last weekend and we are going out this Saturday! He is coming back to Chicago for good at the end of the month. The really weird thing is that my friend and I were talking on Friday night about how hard it is to meet decent, fun guys and we mentioned him and what a shame it was that he had to go away right when we were getting to no each other, and then I came home and had a message from him!!! Now we haven't talked since February, so it was really weird! But I am excited to see him again and hope it is a good time.

Off to get some work done...
Old 06-05-2002, 09:15 AM   #6  

Angry

Good morning ladies, happy hump day!!!!

Kirsty ~ Your trip sounds wonderful, barr the weather. Glad to have you back, we really missed you!! I can't wait to see Lolly in her wedding dress, post lots of pics, o.k.!

Jess ~ Sorry to hear about your BF and the bad start to the day you are having, it will get better, I promise!!

Lisa ~ Hey girl!! I am so glad to see you back with us!!! Your pics are wonderful, you look fantastic!!!!!!! Don't worry about the gain, you will have that off in no time!!

Kim ~ I can remember if I told you this yet or not but....CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!! A long time in the coming....

So, where is everyone else....Lori, Jen, Jen, Ali, (we know where Lolly is... ), Trish, Winter, KT, Angie, and all the others I forgot (sorry, it is early and haven't had my coffee yet!!!)

Well, not much new with me, since I have been failing so miserably at the weight loss thing for a couple weeks now, I have finally roped myself back in, and am doing well. I ate my minimum yesterday and even walked on my treadmill last night. I have at least 10 pounds to lose, and would like to do it by sometime this summer.

My DH will be done working his crummy (Jess, I feel your pain, glad to see your night shift is finished), in two weeks. Then, I can go back to being a married woman. I have only seen my DH on Saturdays since March. Sucks....oh well....

Work is pretty slow, just working on projects for the summer, since I don't teach (I teach faculty, staff and students software programs on a university campus).

We had to completely change our floor plans for our house (didn't sit on the lot right) so, we have finally picked new ones, and I think I like them better anyway, so now we will finally be able to start digging the basement, in a week or two.

My brother is getting married 4th of July weekend, I am in the wedding, so I would like to lose at least 5 pounds by then. My SIL (to be) has us wearing corset like strapless tops, and separate full skirts, the full skirt is no problem, the corset top is another story!!

Well, I guess that sums it up for me. I am taking my mom to the movies this weekend, we are going to see the Ya Ya Sisterhood, looks great...a good mom-daughter movie!

Well, I will check in later, since I have nothing pertanent on my desk.

Later!
Old 06-05-2002, 09:17 AM   #7  

Angry

Jen,

That is too weird, I bet it is fate. He's the one you will end up with!
Old 06-05-2002, 09:58 AM   #8  
Eve's Mom

HI girls - I have a sec before the boss gets here, so I'll post!

Kirsty - you must post a pic as soon as you can!! I am so happy for Lolly. Wow, we must be getting old b/c so many of us are marrying off! Are there any others that are live-in's with no rings yet??

Kim, you don't count anymore, you have your rock!! And I think your goal may be do-able now - the 30 down. If you set your sights high and really stay focused, you might surprise yourself. Do your best and then on your wedding day you won't say "if only I'd tried, I'd feel better right now". Plus, you will look and feel like $1million on your big day. I know you will be a beautiful bride!!

Jess - I am sorry to hear about your morning!! Do you live with B/f? Is his distraught? My thoughts are with you.....good luck. I'll probably be in the same boat as you after WI tomorrow though, so move over - I'll welcome the company!!!

Lisa- wow, you look great! Those are inspiring pics of you!!

Jen - hey - let us know how it goes with that guy!! You never know, it might be a "when Harry met Sally" type thing, destined to be together...??

Tonya - let us know how the YaYa's is - I read the book a while ago and I liked it. I think it will make a good movie - albeit a chick flick. Glad you are married again

Well, I amdoing okay - I have up days and down days, but these injuries are getting me down. 4-5 more weeks til healing, then I start recovery, so its a long road for me. I am exhausted from it, and my bladder infection on top of it all.

Plus, I have maintained for 4 weeks. That is depressing. I am very good at points, but the inactivity is not good. Think I need to eat at the LOW LOW end....not mid, as I have been

Well boss is in, ciao for now.

Belle
Old 06-05-2002, 10:00 AM   #9  
Eve's Mom

Kirsty - I forgot to say -wow, sailing that is wicked cool! Glad you had fun. Ihad fun watching Prince Willi at the concert - wow, he is a cutie.

Belle
Old 06-05-2002, 10:02 AM   #10  
Cockeyed Optimist

Morning Everybody -

I'm in mourning today. I can't believe the Wings gave up game one to the Canes. I'm so disgusted.

Kristy - sounds like your sailing trip was fun. Can't wait to hear more details.

Jess - sorry to hear your BF lost his job. Hopefully, he'll find something else suitable without too much of a hassle.

Jen - I hope your trip to Italy is splendid. And have fun on your date with that guy. Kinda spooky how he called out of the blue just as you'd been reminiscing about him.

Lisa - your pics are amazing. Your perserverance is inspiring.

Tonya - I'm so glad to hear that you will be able to spend more time with your husband. I know it has been hard for your family to have so little together time. Good luck with the house stuff. I built one last fall and despite the work involved it was very exciting.

Kim - these are the websites I mentioned yesterday. I'm not hugely computer savvy so these aren't links.
www.LastMinuteTravel.com
www.rcihn.com
www.trip.com

Well, I need to be off to prepare for the job interview I have this morning. I'm stressing a little about it which makes me want to eat which is not good because I have WI at lunch today. I need to find a mint to suck on to keep from stuffing my face.

I'll check in later.

Winter
Old 06-05-2002, 10:06 AM   #11  

Morning girls,

Is it time to go home yet?

Kirsty, I'm glad you had a great time on your trip and at the wedding. Fun fun.

Jess, sucky morning! Sorry about your BF's job

Lisa, great progress! I haven't posted up a pic yet, but I am hoping to get around to it soon - I'll need to crop and edit other people out, so it may take me a bit

Jen, woohoo about the boy! That's awesome, keep me posted. I'm so jealous about Italy - I went through there on my spring break when I studied abroad and stopped off in Venice, Florence and Rome, but only for about a day or two apeice. The gelati is TO DIE FOR. Eat it up while you can, I'm sure you'll be walking everywhere and will burn it all off anyway Oh, and I am totally planning to get Chipotles for lunch today - no cheese, meat or sour cream though - think it is still really bad?

Tonya, we all knew you'd get back on track! We've also seen pictures, so even with 5 extra lbs you'll still look great in the wedding.

Ok, better try to get some work done.
Old 06-05-2002, 10:09 AM   #12  

Hi Winter and Belle - we must have been posting at the same time
Old 06-05-2002, 10:22 AM   #13  
Bono Fanatic!

Lexxy - No, I don't think Chipotles can be that bad without the cheese, sour cream or meat. If you are craving it, I think that is a healthy way to approach it. Funny, I think of you everytime I am there or even walk by the place! I am going to Rome, Venice and Florence - 6 days in Rome, 3 in Venice and 1 in Florence. I have already decided that I am going to eat whatever I want because I don't want to miss out on anything! I will just deal with the consequences when I get back...

Winter - Good luck on the interview!

Belle - I would say given your njuries and your inactivity because of them that maintaining is really good. I'm sure as you are able to move more those pound will melt off!

Tonya- How exciting that work is being started on your house!! When should it be done and ready for you to move??

Can you tell I don't feel like working today?!
Old 06-05-2002, 11:05 AM   #14  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Yikes busy thread this morning!!! I don't have a lot of time to post I just wanted to check in. I am not being a good little wwer lately. The past two days have been hideous but reading all of your goals etc is keeping me from saying screw it So thanks for the inspiration.

Kim- 11days OP! I am soooooo jealous and yet inspired. I sometimes wish my wedding was sooner so it would kick my butt. Instead I find myself thinking hmmm 10 months. I just need to lose 35 pds by then. Granted it is a lot but I am such a procrastinator. I seriously am glad that you are managing to post in the midst of the wedding insanity b/c it truly helps remind me that I really need to get it together (wwer wise). Thanks.

Winter- Thanks for the websites

Lori- I have one word for you WOW! You are amazing

Jess-Rough morning. I hope your day improves but if not stick around we will cheer you up

Kirsty- Glad you are back you sailing queen. Can't wait to see pics of Lolly's wedding I bet she was beautiful!

JKarr- I agree with Belle, very "when harry met sally" ooo and I love that movie!!!!! Have a ton of fun this wknd. How exciting!!

Tonya- So glad house plans are on their way and that you are going to be seeing your husband again I agree that you will look great for the wedding 5pds down or not but still it is a great goal

Lexxy-Sorry day is not over yet however thus far I have done so little work so that I can't complain Hope yours starts to fly by.

Belle- I think that maintaining right now is awesome! Congrats!!! Don't get discouraged most people would gain due to the inactivity and just think of the pds that will melt off when you are able to be active again!

KT-Love the CD idea!!!

Thanks for all of the Bridesmaids suggestions!!!!!!!

Must work now, BEcky
Old 06-05-2002, 12:24 PM   #15  
Proud Canadian

OK I have to be quick but when the thread's this busy I just have to jump on.

Welcome back Kirsty! I'm looking forward to picts. I wondered how close we were getting to Lolly's wedding.

Belle - I'm one of the waiting for the rocks. We had a fun arguement shortly after we moved in together about if I REALLY wanted to ACTUALLY get MARRIED. I wonder what he thought the diamonds we were shopping for meant. Anyway, it's all good and one day next summer or the summer after we'll actually do it. we'll need to find the perfect place to have the wedding first.

Lisa - what great pics! You're doing fantastic!

OK - the IP are eyeing me - I'll try to check in later
KT
Closed Thread