Old 04-06-2009, 10:27 AM   #1  
It'll all be worth it...

S/C/G: 245/Ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Default sudden weight gain...for no reason!

I have been doing good. Exercising a lot, eating healthy low kcal. I was down to 225.8lbs. I was feeling great. All of a sudden in the last 2 days, as if over night I've been weighing in at 232 to 234. Not much has changed. I hadn't gone to the gym for a few days but my eating has been fine.

But no I feel so disheartened that I just want to eat and not exercise.

What is going with my body???
Maddie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 154/147.75/120

Height: 5'2-3" ish

could you have eaten more sodium than you usually do? you could be retaining water
JadeBlue14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:46 AM   #3  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

Definitely could be retaining water. I can jump up 10lbs in a day due to water. I try to watch my sodium and drink 64oz & up of water daily.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:05 AM   #4  
I'm a hustler, baby.

S/C/G: 188/147/130

I experienced the exact same thing recently. You can read the discussion here:http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167020

I looked through my calendar and noticed a trend. Despite all my efforts, on the 2nd week of Feb and 2nd week of March I gained weight... and it was incredibly discouraging! Then I read a little bit about ovulation and water retention. Ovulation typically occurs after 11 days from the start of your last cycle. This was exactly when I gained, but I was back down a couple of pounds the following week.

If the timing makes sense, maybe ovulation has something to do with it. Maybe not. Like most everyone else mentioned, it can be a lot of things... hormones, sodium intake, muscles retaining water after exercising... Just don't let it get you down. Keep up the good work. You're doing a great job! You'll see a loss sooner or later.
beesknees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:49 AM   #5  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

The body is ridiculous- I woke up this morning 4 lbs heavier than normal- but TOM is right around the corner so I'm sure that's it.

Don't get discouraged, push through it- if you track your weight I bet you'll also notice the period/ovulation trend as well. If you stick to it after your period you should see a significant loss
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:20 PM   #6  
It'll all be worth it...

S/C/G: 245/Ticker/120

Height: 5'4

thank you ladies. I feel better now. I'm not sure where I might have gotten extra sodium I don't add salt to anything. But I am going to bump up my water for the next while and see what happens.

As for TOM. I hope it's something like that. I have PCOS my cycle is really weird and I haven't had a period in ages. But maybe that is it. I hope so.

It's so disheartening when this happens. I feel so bummed. But hopefully it will come back off.
Maddie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:44 PM   #7  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

I wondered if u minght have PCOS... but I wasn't going to bring it up. The girls on her can tell you that it is not uncommon for me to gain 3-4 A DAY and this can go on for up to 2 weeks. For instance, I started gaining in Feb and didn't stop until early march. From 247 to 265. Just today, I weighed in at 268. Not cool. My doc says it is the body not processing food and sugars right. My best advice is totalk to your doctor. Best of Luck!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote