Old 04-05-2009, 12:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/233/150

Height: 5'7

Default I just know I'm hugry...alllll the time. LOL

Hi Girls,
So I wanted to ask your advice. ive been doing pretty good all week and im actually surprised that I havent had the hungries more.

Since I was little i've allways been hungry. LOL i wanna stick to my diet and be good but sometimes im just reaally hungry.

I have some ready made salads i make and stick in a container and when i really get that hungry feeling ive been picking on them. (i eat them for meals too) What do you guys do when you are hungry? what snacks do you eat that are low cal?
Naughtymonkey01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:34 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I take it you're eating more than just salads.

For snacks I like these choices:

- baby carrots and 2% cottage cheese
- half an apple (if it's really large) and a string cheese
- half a can of water-packed tuna, drained, and 3 Triscuits
- 1/3 cup of part-skim ricotta cheese with sliced strawberries
- a South Beach Living high-protein bar
- half an apple and 1 dozen almonds

Like that!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:11 PM   #3  

One of the biggest battles for me is fighting the hunger monster - the past week and a bit I have really found it helpful to do the mini-meal thing, so i usually start the day with a half of a granola bar, banana and a danon yogurt drink. anywhere between 2 & 3 hours later I have an apple, 1% cottage cheese and the other half of the granola bar. For lunch I usually bring a salad, topped with a lot of veggies, and usually one major. I switch it up between, Chicken, Tuna, Avocado or egg. about 2 - 3 hours after that I usually have some type of veggie like baby carrots and a smoothie. For dinner I have usually been doing the same for lunch a large salad garnished with some type of major topping. Because I go to the gym at night during the week, I usually bring some small piece of protein like egg whites or something to eat right after.

I have found that spreading it out through the day like that has been really helpful. The only moment of weakness that crept up on me was listening to a radio ad where they were describing the Baconator burger at wendy's (I think I could actually taste it in my mouth when they were describing it.) It's the only moment I felt hungry the entire week.
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

I will indulge my sweet attacks with SF popsicles, but you can't really take those in a theatre with you. I love the Indiana brand of popcorn. I tried the Kettlecorn kind, and thought it tasted chemically. I love the sea salt kind though, and you can eat a cup more for less calories than the other types. I also love Pirate's Booty Sharp Cheddar Swords. If we are talking about healthy snacks -- like really healthy -- I love berries and cottage cheese, melons, and grapefruit. I eat a grapefruit a day, and it is usually right before bed. I sprinkle a little sugar on top, and it completely satiates any craving I have.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 02:12 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

For me it's very, very important to not let myself get hungry. So, I do my best to avoid it and therefore eat very frequently. Every 2 hours or so.

Some of my favorite snacks:
    rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote