Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-02-2009, 10:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 135/130/120

Height: 5'4"

Default Music is my exercise buddy

I dont know if anyone else likes to do this but I just love to turn on the radio, grab some 3lb weights, and dance. Its surprising how easy and fun it is to just turn up the radio and do some easy moves. It burns so much fat and even if the weathers bad you can still get in some easy exercise. Its so much funner than normal crunches and situps and you work your whole body. Its like your own little work out tape. Just make up moves as you go along and repeat what you like the most.
I think this is the best for people who just dont like exercise tapes or cant keep up with them. or people who are shy and dont really feel up to working out with someone else for whatever reason.
I also like to put some new spins on old crunces. Like taking 3lb weights, holding them straight up in the air, lift your legs (bent) 90' off the ground and slightly lift your back off the ground and just crunch. Feel the burn!
Anyone else have any fun workouts they like to do?
sprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:30 PM   #2  

Cute!!!Great idea too!
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 271/268/175

Height: 5'8"

I totally always do that. Adding weights is such a great idea but one can work up quite a sweat without even trying if you just dance like nobody's watching.
shrinkingleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:06 AM   #4  
Token Vulcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprice View Post
I dont know if anyone else likes to do this but I just love to turn on the radio, grab some 3lb weights, and dance. Its surprising how easy and fun it is to just turn up the radio and do some easy moves. It burns so much fat and even if the weathers bad you can still get in some easy exercise. Its so much funner than normal crunches and situps and you work your whole body. Its like your own little work out tape. Just make up moves as you go along and repeat what you like the most.
I think this is the best for people who just dont like exercise tapes or cant keep up with them. or people who are shy and dont really feel up to working out with someone else for whatever reason.
I do this, too. Lost most of my weight that way. I also run around the rooms of my house. Literally. And I have my little iPod shuffle on. I lose interest in exercise tapes pretty fast, and I don't like to stand there and watch/follow them for any length of time. I've used them more for ideas than actual workouts. If I knew somebody that would run with me (beginner or moderate), I might like to do it outdoors. But I won't do it alone, primarily for safety issues. I looked kind of longingly at a new track that was built in the local junior high school backyard (public school backyards are considered public parks when school is not in) but it's not a place I'd feel safe to go alone. Call it the "New York State of Mind."

Anyway, I also have hand weights and wrist weights. I use a pedometer and heart monitor watch as well, to see how far I'm going and how hard I'm pumping, lol.
trekkiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm downloading songs right now for my ipod shuffle. I use it for walking, mostly.

I'm addicted to irish/scottish/gaelic/celtic music. Everything from Enya to Pub songs.

I'm choosing the fastest beat stuff... marching war songs, fast drinking songs, some of the irish and scottish rock bands like The Real McKenzies, The Pogues, The Skels, Dropkick Murphys, The Mahones, Slilelagh Law, The Town Pants, The Tossers, Flogging Molly, Larkin, Barley Juice, Larkin.....

It's a bit off-kilter (pun intended), but I love bagpipe rock.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:41 AM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

Hi Kaplods, have you found Runrig? It's a Scottish band that I quite like, same with Capercaillie.

Last edited by dutchgirl; 04-03-2009 at 05:42 AM.
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:08 PM   #7  
Life Is Good

S/C/G: 235/219/165

Height: 5'5''

My sisters and I used to do that many moons ago when we all still lived at home.

I love Zumba class. They call it the "exercise party" and it really is. You can Youtube Zumba and it will bring up videos with great songs if you don't like the gym and like to workout alone.
aidansmom is offline   Reply With Quote