Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - Laughing Cow Light Wedges

View Full Version : Laughing Cow Light Wedges

azmom
04-02-2009, 03:47 PM
These are really yummy and only 35 calories.

So far I have spread them on a low-carb, high fiber tortilla and use them mixed with scrambled egg beaters.

I really like the swiss and just bought the garlic & herb (which i don't like as much-they are just ok)

What do y'all do with them?

alinnell
04-02-2009, 03:48 PM
Spread them on toasted ww English muffins or use then to top half a dozen Triscuits.

LindaT
04-02-2009, 03:54 PM
I make the most yummy turkey reuben wraps with the swiss - turkey, sauerkraut, light thousand island dressing and pickles! Nuke and it gets all melty

I also use the wedges on top of turkey burgers. I've melted the garlic ones into shirtataki noodles with some sour cream and added veggies to make an creamy pasta primavera... mmm Almost lunch time!

Turkey, red pepper sauce, sauted veggies, garlic and herb wedge in a la tortilla.. another delicious lunch!

mandalinn82
04-02-2009, 03:59 PM
I use my laughing cows:

Crumbled on salads
With apples or Asian pears as a snack
Mixed with mustard and stuffed inside a burger patty
To add creaminess to dishes that would otherwise be lacking it due to lowered fat content (my faux-cream sauce, faux-refried beans, etc)
Crumbled in or on egg dishes - omelettes, frittatas, etc.

midwife
04-02-2009, 04:03 PM
In lieu of cream cheese on a bagel
With raw veggies
Straight out of the packet

My kids are hooked too.

Thighs Be Gone
04-02-2009, 04:04 PM
On WASA rye crackers--with shaved dark chocolate on top.

On top of egg whites with diced ham and salsa.

Mixed with 25 calorie hot cocoa mix and spread on top of toasted English Muffin.

My favorite: spread on top of gargantuan long-stemmed strawberries

3Beans
04-02-2009, 04:04 PM
My favorite: rolled up in a low carb wrap with fresh fruit, dried fruit, or jam, sort of like a quick crepe.

PinkyPie
04-02-2009, 05:04 PM
I use mine on sandwiches to replace mayo / regular cheese!

I also melt them in with omelettes!

icandoallthings6613
04-02-2009, 05:10 PM
with grapes! yum!

bargoo
04-02-2009, 07:00 PM
On WASA crackers or right out of the box. Love 'em , any flavor.

xpinkglowx2
04-02-2009, 08:01 PM
wow, everything everyone posted sounded DELICIOUS. i especially like the crepe idea. im kind of excited... lol. are these really good for you? or.. not bad for you.

hpnodat
04-02-2009, 08:40 PM
The garlic and herb with special k multigrain crackers.

Renacer
04-03-2009, 12:47 PM
I just bought it and didt it with a mini bagel, yumm!

Thanks to midwife for the idea.:D

xpinkglowx2
04-03-2009, 02:02 PM
I went online to view their products and they have these cheese and baquettes. (really its just cracker sticks with the cheese) but they look really good and they are only 60 calories for the whole snack. has anyone tried these?

SweetScrumptious
04-04-2009, 01:07 AM
mmm i love these

i love spreading them on toasted english muffins or just regular toast. Sometimes, I'll put some on crackers

QuanticoYardSales
04-11-2009, 10:28 AM
I went online to view their products and they have these cheese and baquettes. (really its just cracker sticks with the cheese) but they look really good and they are only 60 calories for the whole snack. has anyone tried these?

I haven't but they are now on my shopping list. sounds yummy

Hyacinth
04-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Wow, there are a lot of great ideas here. My sister had some one day with some celery sticks, and it was great. How much do you usually pay for it?

midwife
04-11-2009, 11:31 AM
Wow, there are a lot of great ideas here. My sister had some one day with some celery sticks, and it was great. How much do you usually pay for it?

Funny you should ask. My regular grocery store charges $4.99 a wheel but another store they are 2 for $6. Lately I have been going to the other store!

jules1216
04-11-2009, 12:36 PM
lots of the ways already mentioned...one of my faves is to spread them on green peppers..

Renacer
04-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Costco sells like 4 wheels but I don't remember the price. I'll check since it's time to go food shopping.

squeak351
04-22-2009, 11:49 AM
My hubby's fav is to slice one into two slices. Then I take turkey or ground sirloin and I mold my patty around the cheese. Then grill as usual. If I use turkey I also season the turkey with some sort of spice, depends on what I am in the mood for. It makes for a really nice surprise when you bite into it.

grneyedmustang
04-22-2009, 02:25 PM
French Onion is my favorite. I usually eat them on triscuits, celery, or cucumber slices. It runs about $3 a wheel here.

WhitePicketFences
04-22-2009, 04:45 PM
I paid $2.99 for a wheel at Trader Joe's recently (love that store). I didn't know there were more than swiss and garlic herb because my most local, regular grocery store doesn't carry them.

Great ideas, btw; I had a swiss wedge with my apple yesterday and it was great.

Renacer
04-22-2009, 10:43 PM
Costco has 4 wheels for less than $10

I made me some tuna salad with one wedge and it was great.

sws19
04-22-2009, 11:03 PM
yes!!! these are BY FAR my favorite diet find. i swear they are the tastiest food 35 calories can buy, hands down! i eat them whenever possible. as cream cheese. as cheese. as spread. plain. whatever. yum!

Riverite
04-22-2009, 11:11 PM
Plain! I eat one straight up when I am craving some dairy.

trekkiegirl
04-23-2009, 12:23 PM
I love the Swiss Cheese ones. LOL, even my cat likes to nibble on them a little. :o

Callie1983
04-23-2009, 12:38 PM
I like to eat them on melba toast... made a meal out of that the other day.

K4Li
04-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Wow! These sound delicious! I'm gonna go to the store tonight to get some. Do you think WALMART carries it? If not what other stores carry it? I'm aiming for the spread :)

Fox
04-24-2009, 01:14 PM
I use them to make deli meat rolls, my favorite way is to spread the swiss on some deli ham, thin slice some dill pickle and roll it all up for a handy finger snack.

I also use it to make tuna salad instead of mayo, add just a hint of sweet and hot mustard, salt, pepper and then spread it on wasa crackers!

grneyedmustang
04-24-2009, 02:23 PM
Wow! These sound delicious! I'm gonna go to the store tonight to get some. Do you think WALMART carries it? If not what other stores carry it? I'm aiming for the spread :)

Walmart has them, they're in the "deli cheeses" section (usually next to the deli).

rocketbunny
04-24-2009, 03:29 PM
My favorite way to use them is to mash into a baked potato or sweet potato. It adds so much more dimension to the flavor than just ICBINB spray. My favorite hands down is garlic&herb

poohshunny
04-24-2009, 11:14 PM
I love LC cheese! My fav sweet fix is to take an apple, peel and slice it, put in the microwave with cinnamon (can add a pkt of raw sugar or sweetener if desired), 1/2 tsp. water and cook on high for a couple of minutes until softened. I then spread 1/2 LC swiss triangle on a small whole wheat tortilla (the 50 calorie high fiber ones) and put half the apple on top, roll it up and you can stick in the micro for just 15 seconds or so to heat the tortilla and cheese. Let it set a few minutes to cool, then enjoy!

frustrated mom
04-25-2009, 09:41 PM
I like the swiss the best, and have spread them on a bagel, or eaten them on wheat thins, or fire roasted veggie kashi crackers. They make a very low cal snack delicious.

JasonsLea
04-27-2009, 05:17 AM
O.M.G! I love LC! :lol: I eat it with basically anything and everything! My fave is the Swiss (of course) but I like the french onion too and I just tried the garlic/herb (it was okay). I get mines for $2.98 at Walmart and Sam's Club sells a three-pack for like $8.

K4Li
04-28-2009, 10:57 AM
Walmart has them, they're in the "deli cheeses" section (usually next to the deli).

I looked at 1 walmart and they didnt have it, but I'll try another one. :) Thanks grneyedmustang!

Hyacinth
04-28-2009, 12:40 PM
I see them at all the stores I shop at (in the midwest). Mine is in the refrigerator section, by the feta. I've seen prices as low as $3 and as high as $4.49

K4Li
04-29-2009, 10:51 AM
grneyedmustang: YAY! I found it at a bigger walmart for 2.48! I looked in the deli section and there it was. Thanks for the specific location, I never wouldve guessed it'd be there.:carrot:

grneyedmustang
04-29-2009, 11:03 AM
grneyedmustang: YAY! I found it at a bigger walmart for 2.48! I looked in the deli section and there it was. Thanks for the specific location, I never wouldve guessed it'd be there.:carrot:
Glad you found them...happy snacking! :carrot: They're one of my favorite snack foods.

Annie Pele
04-29-2009, 05:27 PM
I take two of them and spread them on two 100% whole wheat english muffin halves. Then I top them with chopped tomato, chopped onion and chopped fresh chives and toast them in the toasted oven. Sometimes I sprinkle a little Molly McButter Cheese Sprinkles on top to kick it up a notch. Yum!

I also mix them with a little cooked spinach and artichokes to make a spread for the english muffin halves, then put some grated romano and chopped roasted red peppers on top before toasting in the toaster over. These are my favorite kind of breakfasts. It makes me feel really heathly to eat vegetables in the morning, and it's cheesey, which I love.

Annie Pele
04-29-2009, 05:33 PM
My hubby loves this recipe I made using laughing cow. Forgive the kind of "conversational" funky way I wrote it down. I was sending the recipe to my mother.

Spinach Artichoke Pasta Bake

8 ounces cooked pasta

1 six ounce jar of marinated (in oil and vinegar) artichoke hearts, marinade reserved and artichokes finely chopped

3 T reduced fat sour cream

3 T grated Romano or Parmiggianno Reggiano Cheese (Buy a hunk of the good stuff and grate it yourself, it’s so much better than canned grated cheese!)

3 wedged of Laughing Cow Light Garlic & Herb Cheese plus 3 wedges of Laughing Cow Light French Onion Cheese (or any combination of 6 wedges)

1 cup of 1% milk (I use organic milk)

12 ounces baby spinach, chopped

1 cup of finely chopped onion

2 seeded and finely chopped small red cherry peppers (This is optional, it gives the dish some nice color with the red mixed with the green spinach. Grated carrots for color might be nice, too!)

2 shallots, finely chopped

2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped

4 ounces grated smoked mozzarella cheese or string cheese (You can get this in the gourmet cheese case. It usually comes in a braided shape and the mozzarella being smoked really adds a lot to this dish, but you can use regular mozzarella if you like. Reduced fat cheddar cheese might be good, too!)

Salt & Pepper to taste.

In a bowl with a whisk, or in blender, blend milk, sour cream, laughing cow cheese and Romano cheese until fairly smooth. Set aside.

Drain the marinade from the jar of artichokes into a pan. Sauté onions, garlic, peppers, & shallots in the marinade until tender. Add chopped artichokes and spinach and cook until spinach wilts. Add milk mixture and let simmer for 5 or 6 minutes until any cheese chunks are melted and mixture gets a little thicker. Add cooked pasta. The sauce might seem a little thin. Don’t worry about this. It will thicken up. Add salt and pepper to taste. Transfer into a casserole dish. Top with grated smoked mozzarella. Bake in 350 degree oven until top is golden brown and crusty. (If we’re eating dinner right after making the casserole, I usually preheat the over, put the casserole in, turn the oven off and the broiler on low, and in the ten minutes it takes me to wash the pots I cooked the spinach and pasta in, wipe down the stove, etc., the casserole is done. If you’ve made the casserole ahead of time, I’d guess it would take approx. 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven to reheat it.) Let stand for 5 minutes before standing. 4 servings, approx. 474 calories each.

newleaf123
04-30-2009, 02:26 PM
I learned about Laughing Cow from you all so I figured I'd share how I just had it for lunch. I steamed some butternut squash, added the swiss Cow along with cumin and granulated garlic, and mashed it up with a fork. Yum!

GirlyGirl
05-03-2009, 12:46 PM
You know, all these years I have loved Laughing Cow and never once thought to spread on a bagel or toast instead of butter or cream cheese! Great idea! :chin:

freakiel
05-03-2009, 12:51 PM
I really really want their baguette and cheese 100 cal. snack packs but I cannot find it around here. :(

Lucia
05-03-2009, 02:49 PM
where i'm at publix carries them for 2.49. they also come in bite size packs - 5bite size pieces = 35 calories/1 wedge. there are 24 pieces in a pack.

i am thinking to get some tonight and snack on them with celery and green peppers throughout the week.

Renacer
05-03-2009, 02:51 PM
I learned about Laughing Cow from you all so I figured I'd share how I just had it for lunch. I steamed some butternut squash, added the swiss Cow along with cumin and granulated garlic, and mashed it up with a fork. Yum!

I bought a butternut squash, great idea I'll try it. Thanks!

KEmery08
05-04-2009, 02:00 PM
i use them with raw veggies, in my eggs, as a substitue for mayo, etc.

some of your ideas sound great!!! i'll have to try them. (sheesh, i'm getting excited to go to the grocery store.)