Support Groups - Saying ADIOS forever to 70ish pounds - April thread!!

Fat Pants
04-01-2009, 04:20 PM
Hi everyone, it's a new month already!

This is a thread where we support one another in our effort to lose 70 (give or take) pounds ONCE AND FOR ALL! :carrot:

Here are a few questions to get us started:

1) What's one thing you learned last month about diet and exercise?

2) What's your favorite low-cal snack?

3) What's one thing that being overweight has kept you from doing?

beachbum will be posting our weekly weight loss #'s and percentages.

Let's have a good month, everyone!

2Bthinagain
04-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Hey there!
1) last month I learned that life will always get in the way. Sick kids, volunteer schedules, unplanned events, etc. etc. So my diet/exercise should be a constant - so when unplanned thing happen - lease I will know my own plan for diet and exercise.
2) favorite low cal snack...good question --- probably ice water.
3) being over weight has kept me from feeling good about myself...and has kept me tired.

Here's to April everyone!!!!

Fat Pants
04-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Hi 2B! Boy I understand the answer to your first question... life DOES get in the way of our best laid plans... I definitely had to figure out that this whole losing weight business had to be something that worked WITH my life, not *overtake* my life.

here are my answers:

1) Exercise is vital, and when I have a goal other than "lose weight," I'm actually more motivated to get to the gym and do it. I LOVE the way running makes me feel... never thought those words would leave my lips! :lol:

2) I love reduced fat wheat thins and a wedge of laughing cow light cheese. Great snack!

3) Being overweight has kept my confidence at bay. It's amazing at what just a few lbs and people saying "wow, you look great!" does to my self esteem and the way I feel about myself. I carry myself more confidently at work because now I'm starting to believe that I look good.

-----------------------------------------

So the past few days have been interesting. I have had two migraines in three days - the one day caused me to leave work and go home to sleep for four hours..ugh! So I'm going to take it easy and skip the exercise today. Eating has been good, down to 194.0, hoping to see 193 by the end of the week!

paperSkin
04-02-2009, 12:56 PM
1. The scale goes up and down for many reasons.. don't let it dictate your mood.

2. Bananas, strawberries, grapefruit or half a turkey sandwich with 1 slice of BodyWise Bread, lettuce, tomato, salt, pepper and mustard.

3. I have so few clothes because I hate the fat stores and the clothes they think fat people should wear.

Yesterday I went grocery shopping and I bought a few low fat snack items that I tried out.. I reviewed them on my blog.. the link is below.

dutchgirl
04-02-2009, 04:10 PM
1. if I don't log my food intake, I will overeat. Being accountable to myself is vital.
2. pear ice, they are only 50 cals and sooo yum.
3. being overweight saps my confidence, leaves me with little self-esteem.

Fat Pants
04-03-2009, 10:33 AM
Hi everyone! How did you do this week? Me - not so well. Down just .2 for my official weigh in. I'm trying to remind myself I had a huge loss last week so it's ok not to lose, but still bums me out! Also, I binged yesterday..hubby suggested wings for dinner and I was so hungry that I couldn't resist. No exercise. Today must be better!!

dutchgirl
04-03-2009, 10:55 AM
hey all,
how's everyone doing?
I did my first day of C25K today. I used the music download by DJ beatsmith to guide me. liked the music.
There were about 6 runs of 1 minute. During the 5th run I got nauseous, so I had to slow down to a walk, and I walked the next run too.
Felt ok afterwards, though I did end up with a headache.
Anyone else ever have that happen?

paperSkin
04-03-2009, 12:30 PM
Love your quote dutchgirl.. as for the headache, you may need to drink more water before going for a run.. sounds like dehydration..

I've not been having the most fabulous week weight loss wise.. the scale has not budged :( my weigh in is on Monday so we'll see what happens..

I have to keep reminding myself that anything that I really have wanted has not come easy.. I've had to work really really hard in the past to get things that come easy to other people.. like my license for example.. I had to go for my road test FIVE times before I passed.

But on the other side.. things that other people want that I was never really aspiring to, that has come easy for me.. its strange how that works..

Keep fighting the battle!

dutchgirl
04-03-2009, 04:44 PM
thanks for the advice Paper Skin, that might be it.
I really just rolled out of bed, got my gear on and went. Couple of cups of water next time.

As for the weight loss, I can go for weeks with the scale not budging, and then lose 4 lbs in a couple of days.
Just hang in there, it will start moving again.
And maybe you are noticing changes in a non-scale way, like clothing getting bigger on you?

Olive2
04-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Hi there,

I was hoping I could join in on this thread. I have exactly 70lbs to lose! I think a support thread is what I really need right now. I've lost and gained weight a few times and am now at my highest non pregnancy related weight ever. It's hard to say why or how I got to this weight now. I have a 10yo ds and 8yo twin dds. I lost a lot of weight after the girls were born and kept it off for a few years, but here I am again.

I'm also planning on doing C25K. I used to be a runner, but now can barely jog for 30sec.

So, I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and giving and getting support.

dutchgirl
04-04-2009, 07:26 AM
Hi Olive2,
:welcome3:
A support group can be so good to have, for an encouraging word, a :hug: or, when needed, a swift kick :kickbutt:
Or just plain for fun.
I notice I am spending waaaaay too much time on 3FC so :kickbutt: to me!

Olive2
04-04-2009, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the welcome Dutchgirl. I'm actually hoping to spend a lot more time here to help motivate me to keep this up. I really need to spend more time on eating better and exercising.

I weighed myself this morning and I'm less than I thought but way more than I should be. I adjusted my stats. So, I need to lose not quite 70lbs, but close enough. I remember when it was just a mere 20, alas. :o

So, I'm starting the day off right. Fruit and oatmeal for breakfast. I'm aiming for an average of 1800 cal. a day and at least 30min, a day on exercise.

paperSkin
04-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Weigh in for today is 194.0

Fat Pants
04-06-2009, 05:23 PM
Hi everyone, hope you are all having a good start to the week so far!

I feel like I need a good, swift kick in the pants. Last week was not that great. Just generally feeling tired and no motivation to exercise or eat right. I am on track with the eating today and getting ready to hit the gym, but I feel like a 2-year-old throwing a tantrum and saying "I don't want to go!!!!" :p

Where did my motivation run off to??? Come out, come out where ever you are....!

2Bthinagain
04-08-2009, 05:16 PM
3. I have so few clothes because I hate the fat stores and the clothes they think fat people should wear.

OMG - is this not the friggin truth!!!!!! Why is it that the bigger the clothes the uglier the fabric? Just today I went shopping at Macys. The skinny clothes were so trendy, the fabric so adorable - then you get over to the plus size clothes with sofa fabric prints!! UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And people WONDER why I don't want to dress up more often!

sweetandspicy
04-08-2009, 05:26 PM
LAst month began my weight loss journey I need to loose at least 70 pounds but I am trying to take it 10 pounds at a time. I have a summer slim down challege I would have to loose 17 pounds in 6 more weeks. I lost 3 the first week and no loss last week.

I found that I have to do more than just diet. I need to exercise as well.

my favorite low-fat snack wheat pita chips and homeade salsa- because I rarely get to eat it because it takes to long to make

Being over weight has elminated my self-confience and ability to do things.

2Bthinagain
04-09-2009, 07:41 PM
Nothing new to post - just wanted to say hello to everyone. I've been MIA a lot due to kids being on spring break and we were out of town. Home again and preparing for a huge Easter weekend :)

Fat Pants
04-10-2009, 09:48 AM
Hi everyone, just a quick check in. Down officially to 193.0 this week so a one pound loss for me. I did hit 192.6 earlier this week but then had a run-in with pizza. Oh well!

2Bthinagain
04-10-2009, 11:12 AM
Hey FP - congrats on the 1 pound loss - since we were gone over spring break and had company before that - I have not stepped on the scale. I know, I know. Don't give up on me yet.
I'm hosting an Easter dinner here for some friends but the kids are back in school on Monday.
I'm still optimistic. :)

P.S. - where did everyone go?

2Bthinagain
04-13-2009, 10:49 AM
Okay chickadees - Easter weekend is over - come out come out where ever you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

paperSkin
04-13-2009, 12:41 PM
Hi all.. well looks like our group has started to shrink.. that's okay as long as we continue to shrink too :)

My weigh in for today is 193.2lbs.. loss of 0.8lbs.

Hope everyone is doing well and had a good Easter holiday.

2Bthinagain
04-13-2009, 02:52 PM
Paperskin - let's chat shall we? As you said our group is shrinking - tell me all about you......refresh my memory -- what diet plan are you on (if any) - how often to you exercise and what type of exercise do you like?
I have rediscovered my Wii - and don't know why I ever stopped using it - I have tons of games plus the Wii Fit - I'm not on any diet - just watching how much I eat- and trying to avoid soda.
Haven't lost a pound though - but I'm not ashamed - well, okay yes I am. I had sick children back to back - then company - then went out of town then Easter -but things are finally back to normal - and I'm back "on" my path.

SO - to any of you that have fallen -- let's get up again together!!! I still want to drop 40 before September. And I will ;)

Fat Pants
04-13-2009, 04:27 PM
Hi all!!! I'm still here! Easter weekend was mostly successful... EXCEPT....

I gave up fast food/eating out for Lent. And I made it - the entire 40 days! Well what did I do last night? Eat Wendys. I don't even LIKE Wendys. :p I don't know why I did it...stress...frustration...the fact that I could? I don't know. Who cares. It's over and done with now, and today is a new day!

It's TOM, so I'm not hopping on the scale until Friday. I did get in 4 days of working out at the gym last week, so here's to another good week exercise-wise. :exercise:

2Bthinagain
04-14-2009, 08:32 AM
Fat Pants - kudos to you for giving up fast food. My brother recently lost 40 pounds - though his was stress I think. He quit a job he hated after 12 years, and became a stay at home dad, began cooking more - and avoided the fast foods, I asked if he missed it, esp. when he drives by them and he said not at all, the first time he ate at one in 3 months he said it didn't taste the same.

I think that's just great for you! GOOD JOB!

2Bthinagain
04-14-2009, 10:23 AM
I posted this under the GENERAL CHATTER place - but have not had a response, thought some of my 70s pals might have ideas that will help:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=169170

paperSkin
04-14-2009, 12:45 PM
2Bthinagain, I wish that happened to me when I became a stay at home mom! Just the opposite really for me. As for which plan I'm on.. I'm on the Fat Smash diet.. sort of.. I did it pretty strictly for the first 2 months, then started wavering.. now I'm trying to get my self back on.

Other than that I try and exercise for 30 minutes a day. I've been doing the Walk Away the Pounds program that I found on YouTube, and before that I was doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.

FatPants, congrats on getting through 40 days without junk food.. thats pretty amazing!

2Bthinagain
04-15-2009, 11:05 AM
3 days in a row using my Wii - I did step aerobics on it for almost 2 hours yesterday. I love it! I would be on it now but am waiting for a friend to come and try dance dance revolution on it - I think that one is hard - after she leaves and then after lunch I will do the aerobics again today.
Also - I have not gone through a drive thru ONCE this week. Not even to get my lovely McDonalds coke. I think I've only lost one pound but that's okay, I'm still looking forward to Onederland this summer, and a 40 lb loss by the end of summer. I can do it.

Fat Pants
04-17-2009, 09:59 AM
2Bthin - way to go on the exercise! And you've lost a lb already...you're off to a great start! :woohoo:

Weight is 193.2 today... up a bit from last Friday but I'll take it because I had some inches lost this week. I got in 4 days of exercise this week - going to take today off and spend some time with the hubby before I leave to visit my parents tomorrow. I hope I can maintain while i'm there!

paperSkin
04-17-2009, 11:33 AM
Congrats on the inches lost.. don't worry about the scale.. it can be such a drama queen sometimes. Hope you have fun at your parents place and don't forget your running shoes!

Fat Pants
04-18-2009, 07:43 PM
Congrats on the inches lost.. don't worry about the scale.. it can be such a drama queen sometimes. Hope you have fun at your parents place and don't forget your running shoes!

Didn't forget my running shoes...but they are in my suitcase which is currently LOST!!! :yikes:

Never. Flying. United. Again.

Windchime
04-18-2009, 08:42 PM
OMG - is this not the friggin truth!!!!!! Why is it that the bigger the clothes the uglier the fabric? Just today I went shopping at Macys. The skinny clothes were so trendy, the fabric so adorable - then you get over to the plus size clothes with sofa fabric prints!! UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And people WONDER why I don't want to dress up more often!

Hi chicks--may I join you? My goal is to lose 65 lbs but 70 would be even better. I'm taking it 5 pounds at a time; that seems to be easier for me to handle than a big number like 65 or 70.

2BThinagain, your post cracked me up. Sofa prints indeed! That's a perfect way to describe it. Sofa fabric prints, or kittens with sparkly things on them. Puh-leeze! I may need a larger size, but I still want to look cute and I DON'T want to wear a baggy floral tent!

My weight loss hasn't been all that fast because I'm reluctant to give up things like weekly lunches with co-workers. I've decided that, for now, I'm going to keep with my lunches but I'm going to be more conscious of my eating choices the rest of the time. Now that Easter is out of the way, I can focus on good healthy eating. I won't have to worry about ham gravy or chocolate bunnies for another year!

2Bthinagain
04-18-2009, 09:40 PM
windchime - :welcome:

The thing with the fabric drives me nuts, why haven't the *** departments of these plus size companies realized what type of fabrics we'd like? Don't they have any plus size employees?!?!

Anyway, welcome - 5 pounds at a time is a great way to. Goodluck,
please post back often!

2Bthinagain
04-20-2009, 06:37 PM
Down 2.4 since last week, woo hoo for me! It's my first weight loss in a few weeks!! I am totally sore from playing the Wii every day! I only did it for 30 min. this morning but Mondays are always crazy for us, plus today my son had a well check with 3 shots.
Anyway, here's to 2.4 more next week!!!!

Fat Pants
04-20-2009, 07:43 PM
Down 2.4 since last week, woo hoo for me! It's my first weight loss in a few weeks!! I am totally sore from playing the Wii every day! I only did it for 30 min. this morning but Mondays are always crazy for us, plus today my son had a well check with 3 shots.
Anyway, here's to 2.4 more next week!!!!

YEAH!!!!! :carrot: Wow, that's a fantastic first week loss! Keep up the good work!

paperSkin
04-20-2009, 11:54 PM
2Bthinagain.. awesome loss this week!

Windchime, welcome to the group.

This week I weigh in at 191.4lbs.. 1.8lb loss wohoo!

Hope you all had a great weekend, and are ready for another week :)

2Bthinagain
04-21-2009, 08:42 AM
Paperskin, congrats on your weight loss too!!
Who was keeping track of our percentages and stuff?
Where is everyone!!
I already did my Wii Fit this morning - was interrupted with our 5yo who wanted a turn, so I will have to do it again after school starts and after my 'annual', speaking of that...I want to ask my gyn for that CA125 test, is that what it's called..I've always heard about a simple blood test, but that dr's don't like to do it because the numbers are inconclusive? Anyone know about that?

paperSkin
04-23-2009, 11:41 AM
I can do our percentages.. but I think we need to start fresh since I only have the beginning weights for the three of us (FatPants, 2Bthinagain, and myself).. from March 13..

2Bthinagain
04-23-2009, 04:44 PM
There are only 3 of us left?? Oh man, how sad????? The first time that 70s show thread started over a year ago I guess I bailed 'cause I didn't think I could do it.
I'm here to stay this time, even if it's the 3 of us.
I have lost 4 pounds since my GYN appt on Tuesday!!!
UTI, so I've been sick -- but hey, at least it's 4 pounds gone!
I know, I know - water weight -- and I know it will be back but still, but the time I weigh in on Monday I still hope to be down at least 2 pounds from this week.
I haven't been on the Wii since Tue. morning just because I have been in bed, and throwing up and light headed, but today I'm out of bed and feeling a little better.
Anyway, have a great day girls!

Fat Pants
04-24-2009, 09:52 AM
Paperskin - a 1.8lb loss!!! Whoa!! You are doing awesome... I'm so proud of you!! Are you still working out twice a day?

2bthin - 4 lbs! Holy smokes lady, you are really flying! Sounds like the Wii fit is really working... you're doing so great! I have also been sick this past week and lost some weight from not feeling well, but hey, I'll take it!

Well ladies my official weigh in this week is 189.4 :yikes: I think it is a combination of a few things, one, last week I worked my tail off exercising, but didn't lose any weight... this week I took a break and just watched my eating (kind of had to since I felt sick most of the week!) and the scale seems to have finally caught up with my previous week's effort. So here's to hoping I don't go hog wild this weekend now that I'm finally feeling better!!

paperSkin
04-24-2009, 01:25 PM
Fat Pants! I just noticed your 5K time - amazing!!!!! and in the 180's.. that's awesome too! As for the 2-A-Days.. I'm doing that about 2-3 times a week.. just to keep the metabolism going.. It's made a huge difference with the weight loss too..

I will tell you my weight on Monday because I am scared of the damage the weekend will cause.. I have to go to my Mom's house on Saturday night and another dinner on Sunday because my aunt is in town. I so don't want to go.. I would just prefer to eat at home and go after the food is served. Good Pakistani food is my weakness.

In other news, I went to see my aunt last night (she was at my Mom's house visiting from Ottawa) and she went totally nuts when she saw me. She hasn't seen me since December.. so she was so ecstatic to see my skin in such good condition and my weight loss.. also she loved the highlights.. I hadn't realized how much I had changed in the last four months.. she just kept on going on and on about how beautiful I looked.. on one hand it made me feel good, but on the other side, I was like How bad did I look? I know it was pretty bad.. not the weight, but my skin was horrible..

2Bthinagain
04-25-2009, 12:31 PM
Paperskin - speaking of metabolism you just reminded me that I forgot my thyroid meds. Cool that your aunt loved and noticed your changes!
I wonder how much weight I'd have to lose b4 people notice.
I am getting highlights on Friday and can not wait!
Today I am wearing a skort from last summer and a shirt and feel like frosty the snowman in both shape and color - I am that white and that round.
I looked closely at my belly profile (naked) in the mirror and was just dumbfounded that it is ME....my belly is the grossest thing on my body.
Too much info I know, I know.
My bladder pains are still here , they were getting better but started up again last night. I have not done the Wii Fit in 5 days or so , and I miss it !!!
But my bladder is so sore and tender and I'm peeing non-stop and I'm so tired, not making excuses HONEST- and the bonus is that I have no desire for one of my cokes or anything high in calorie.
Looks like I'm the largest in our group!! You have both reached WONDERLAND already!!!! Good for you guys!!
I hope to join you there by the end of June or 4th of July.
And I can't wait.
Have a great weekend!!!

Fat Pants
04-27-2009, 09:28 AM
2B I think it's alright to rest a bit and get that UTI cleared up... those things really suck! If you keep up the Wii Fit exercise, you'll be in ONEderland in no time!

So how did everyone's weekend go? I did alright - ate too much on Friday night, but made up for it on Saturday and Sunday. Unfortunately, vacation's now over and it's back to the grind. :( Had a tough time getting up this morning when the alarm went off... :coffee:

PaperSkin, I mentioned it on your blog, but way to go on your aunt noticing your weight loss so far! I bet that really felt great!

Well nothing new to report here...still 189.6 this morning but I'll take it! I ran the 5k twice this weekend and am up to running for 13+ minutes straight. My time is still around 36 minutes but that's ok. I run for about 20 minutes total and need to really work on those hills... they are killer! I have about four months left before the big race so I've got plenty of time, though.

Well it's off to check my work email (groan!!!) and get back to it. Have a great Monday, everyone!

paperSkin
04-27-2009, 01:55 PM
Here are the percentages from this week. Please let me know if any of the numbers are wrong and I will correct them. If you are interested in getting in on this list, please provide your start weight, current weight, and your loss for this week.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_uWk5_O0hWe0/SfchLcl7vDI/AAAAAAAAAQw/_g-38wT3xno/s800/April27.jpg

2Bthinagain
04-29-2009, 09:14 AM
Still can't believe it's just the 3 of us!

Would you believe this UTI stuff came BACK? It all started a week ago - last Tuesday) went to the ER they gave me an antibiotic, w/i 2 days I was feeling better - Friday night it hurt a bit - more frequency - okay over the weekend, then last night I'm going to pee every 5 minutes.
I don't understand it.
I do have something called "intersticial cystistis" which is urinary frequency but it hasn't bothered me much over the years - just 2 bad flares ups in the last 2 years -- since we moved to OHIO.
So I'm going to be grumpy today.

Diet news: No cokes in over 8 days and no drive thru food since before Easter!!
I also tasted brocolli for the first time and it was NOTHING like my imagination thought it would be! It wasn't that bad and went well with the whole wheat pasta salad.
No Wii in a week with this UTI stuff :(

paperSkin
04-29-2009, 12:02 PM
Did you finish your antibiotics? I had a UTI last year that I thought was better so I stopped my antibiotics, but then it came back and I had to get a new antibiotic to solve it. Just keep drinking that water.. and some real cranberry juice if you can stomach it. I hope you feel better soon.

2Bthinagain
04-29-2009, 05:12 PM
Yes I took all my antibiotics.
I also have something called intersticial cystitis - it's a disease (no cure), so when I get a UTI - it's like 1,000x worse than the normal kind. Thankfully no burning though. But the frequency and urgency is killer.
I went to the doc again today and there is blood in the urine (Too much info?)...no bacteria! They are doing a culture - that will take 2 days to come back, in the meantime he wrote an Rx for more antibiotics.
ALSO - next Thursday he wants to put me under - so he can go in and stretch my bladder.
A normal bladder holds 400 cc's of urine - mine barely holds 80 cc's.
It's been 19 years since I was diagnosed with IC - but this is only my 3rd "flare up" - It's knocked me off my feet and the monster-in-law is coming in 2 days. I have SO much house cleaning to get too. I hate feeling sick, I am a a "baby" when I'm sick.
Oh well, sorry for the long post ---- I'm just very bummed about it -- on the flip side I think a UTI and Intersticial Cystitis are fabulous for weight loss. I can't eat much and have to drink lots of water...no choice!

Fat Pants
04-29-2009, 07:57 PM
So sorry to hear your UTI is back, 2B! Hopefully your doc can get your bladder stretched and you won't be so uncomfortable. Get better, ok?? :hug:

Also I can't believe you've never had broccoli until now! I looove broccoli....yum, yum. It's so tasty and filling! :broc:

The week is going well for me so far. Hubby is going backpacking this weekend so it'll be a real test of willpower.. I'm determined not to eat out while he's gone! Also, we are going out to eat with friends tonight... I've resolved to get a salad. Let's hope I actually do! :lol:

2Bthinagain
04-30-2009, 04:57 PM
Thanks fatpants - I'm still nervous and not sure it is the right thing to do. I hate to "go under" and then I will probably be sick for a few days after.
I'm not looking forward to that.
This is the end of school - the last month of preschool for my son and so much else going on..if I'm better by next Thursday I don't want to think about my bladder again for a LONG time.
We'll see.

Good news - my old 16 jeans were TIGHT -- so I bought some 18's -- but now everywhere I go they are falling WAY down... granted - it's probably the brand size being the issue - but I guess in this brand (Avenue) I might need a 16. But see I had a 16 in capris from Avenue from last summer that were too tight which is why I bought the 18 in long jeans...but this week they are SOOO baggy. I know i haven't lost any more weight.

paperSkin
04-30-2009, 05:05 PM
Sounds like your forced diet of no coke and fast food and lots of water is helping you :) Congrats on the pants.. it feels great to wear old pants! I just took two of my pants to the dry cleaners because they finally fit again and the old ones are starting to look funny.

Fat Pants
05-01-2009, 09:17 AM
Happy Friday!!!! :woohoo: I know I shouldn't complain because I just had a week's vacation, but man, this week was tiring and LONG!

Today's official weigh in: 188.4 :D I'm going to really try and lose the next 8 lbs before the end of May. This is gonna be tough!!

So I had an interesting run yesterday; DH and I decided to go run our 5k route and I wanted to run a full 1.65 miles. Ha! I didn't even come close to making it, but I'm trying to look at the positive... I ran for about 25 minutes total, and shaved about 20 seconds off of my last 5k time, so whatever. I guess I need to look at the positive!

vouge09
05-02-2009, 04:11 PM
hey I'm new and trying to lose 70 pounds wheres the new thread?