Support Groups - McSkinney's LOOZING FLOOZIES--It may be April, but we're no Fools!

4myloves
04-01-2009, 08:58 AM
Hello everyone!

Welcome to the APRIL LOOZING FLOOZIES thread! :welcome: So glad you can join in our discussion!!

We're a great group of ladies who'll welcome you with open arms if you're looking for a place to "roost."

4myloves
04-01-2009, 09:01 AM
Hey all!

Great news! I qualified for Manager in Tupperware last month! I have 3 active recruits and my team sales were over $2,000. In commissions and royalties, I earned $185. I know that's not a lot, but it's great for me considering that I didn't have to do any work for it!!!

Shelley, I've never even been to FB. No desire. It sounds fun (and addictive), though.

Dee, how is Dez? How is Dez's Mom?

Gayle, still snowing?

Suzy, quilting going OK? How are the grandbabies?

Janice, I'm here! I'm here!

coles
04-02-2009, 06:10 AM
Gayle- is it true??? You lucky girl.
Cheryl - when are you having a brother or sister for Jake.
Dee - prayers.
Susie - hope all it okay.
Shelley - you are the most dedicated exercise maniac I know.
Sorry to be so brief, working my butt off.

SuzyMc
04-02-2009, 12:13 PM
Congratulations Cheryl! With the economy the way it is every little bit helps!

We're starting to feel it in our business now that the weather is warming up. People don't think about heating in the spring and summer unless they are building a new home and there isn't much new construction going on in our area.

I'm keeping busy with the grandkids. I have the two youngest girls two full days a week and then I pick the older girls up at school the other three days. I'm also helping out with my MIL. In between I quilt...that keeps me sane! You can always see my latest projects on my blog. I'll email the link to anyone who wants to see it.

Tomorrow I'm going to Lancaster to a quilt show with several friends. We're leaving super early and will be back late tomorrow night. I'm really looking forward to getting out with my friends!

Has anyone heard from Gayle? I sure hope they have dug out from the blizzard and all is alright!

Hugs to you Dee...keeping you all in my prayers!

Janice, fill us in on what you have been up to when you are able to come up for air!

gdeann
04-02-2009, 08:14 PM
I'm here, just an absolutely, horrible week filled with illness, a death of a family friend, a blizzard, vehicle problems and major expense. My mom went to the doc, no change... she is driving me nuts though as well as the rest of the family seems to get on my last nerve. I think I have "slave & stupid" on my forehead, I seem to be the only one capable of wanting to do anything at all for my mom. When I said she is driving me nuts, I am referring to such things as her setting her personal alarm off twice this week... :-) I am to the point, I want to just sit and have a good cry... I don't get this way often, but when I do, it isn't pretty! :-) Poor Steve & Allie!!!! The car just had to go back in the shop to the fine tune of 900.00+, we had a friend pass, the snow is more dominant now in spring then it ever considered in winter. Joy, joy... See, I am a grouch!

Sounds like things are going well here. Thank you Cheryl for starting a new thread! :-) Dee, has Dez found out anything new?

Deelite
04-03-2009, 09:27 AM
Hello.....did you miss me?????

I bet you didn't even know I was gone!
My sister Gail, Thomaz, and his friend had planned on going to the states for a shopping trip this week. It is our spring break. Well we didn't think we would go because of the storm that Gayle is talking about. It was heading our way and we would be driving into it. Gail couldn't stand to be trapped in this 6 month winter we are having so she said lets hit the road anyways.
We were lucky we went. We missed the snow storm completely but it did hit winnipeg when we were gone. Lots more snow. My mom and dad get back I hope today....there are going to be surprised by the amount of snow. We are still shoveling in april!

The trip was fun, I enjoyed TJ and Gail. Gail enjoys gambling for entertainment. She ended up winning about $250 more than what she spent on everything for the three days. A friend of mine said to me you haven't even been home two weeks and you are already going on another trip.....lol It was just a little one.

Cheryl way to go on the business. I hope that in the next six months that it doubles every month.

Suzy you are a very busy lady. I hope that there won't be to much of a lul in your business for very long.

Gayle I am sorry to hear about everything that is happening! Big Hug to you from me. We can cry together!
Hang in there it will get better. When things are tough I really do start to count my blessings. I start at being happy to breath, walk, talk, family, etc.... It really does help.

Shelley we need to hear more from you here. We miss you.

Janice did you get the snow storm that came from Gayle?

We won't hear any more til Dez has surgery on the 17th. Even then it might be awhile after that before we get an update.

Ladies I better get going. I gotta make it to my yoga this morning.

Love you all!

4myloves
04-03-2009, 11:38 AM
Hugs to Gayle and Darlene!

Deelite
04-03-2009, 02:50 PM
Thanks Cheryl, hugs to you too!

Have a good weekend.

4myloves
04-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Hello! Where is everyone?

Hope things are better for all.

Jake busted his lip yesterday--our first experience with blood. Poor baby. He was "running" to me and tripped over who-knows-what and fell into the side of the bathtub. Ouch. On top of that, he can't seem to get over this lingering cold he's had for over a month now. Stewart is taking him back to the Doctor (again) this afternoon. I want them to give them something to make him better--not just treat the symptoms--if that's possible.

I put an ad on Craigslist for my Tupperware site. I'm hoping I'll get some visits to my web-site from it. I'm working from the Mother's Day angle. We have some really good gifts. I guess I'll find out in a few days if the ad will be successful.

Talk to me, people--I miss you all when I don't hear what's going on in your lives!!!!

Deelite
04-06-2009, 11:48 PM
Cheryl poor Jake has a boo boo. Give him a little kiss for me to make it better.

It was a busy weekend. we went out for dinner friday and saturday. Out to a theater show and to my mom and dad's on sunday. It was nice to see them again. they made it home on thursday.
Mom isn't doing to good. She has been having tachicardia and her legs are swollen. that concerns me a bit.

Dez's surgery date is suppose to be moved because they double booked her. We will find out tomorrow when the date will be. She is pretty stressed.
We just told Jay and Ash tonight. They were in shock. Well all we can do is wait and pray for a miracle.

Time for bed guys. I love you.

ShelleyM
04-07-2009, 07:09 AM
Sorry I have been MIA again!

Gayle-Things have got to get better for you.

Dee-Let us know about Dez's appt.

Cheryl-That is great news! You are doing wonderful with your Tupperware.

Hi Janice and Suzy!

gdeann
04-07-2009, 01:04 PM
Cheryl, nothing hurts us as bad as when our kids get hurt! OUCH! Hugs to Jake!

Dez continues to be in my prayers. Keep us updated Dee. How much more schooling does she have Dee? Is she feeling ok?

Same here! Nothing new and I really hate to come here and ramble on and on about my life struggles. I have always said God will never give you more then you can handle... I think he must really be testing me! It seems like I am having stress from EVERY angle right now other then with my husband & kids. Needless to say, I need to diet but haven't been... I wish I could get out of my "pissy" mood! :-)

coles
04-09-2009, 06:40 AM
Good Morning Girls,
I have been working a lot! I am so tired lately I haven't even been on the computer.
Gayle did you send me all this snow or was that Dee? I know it wasn't Shelley. We've had snow storms for three days this week. Hopefully it will start to melt today.
Trying to stay on track with eating but working in a kitchen does not help. I have to bake tonight at work. Everyone loves it but!!!
Dee and Gayle - prayers and hugs to you both.http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_2_104.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYCA)
Hope you all have a wonderful Easter. I am working everyday, oh poor me.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_15_38.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYCA)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYCA (http://www.smileycentral.com/dl/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb096_ZSYYYYYYYYCA&utm_id=7924)

Deelite
04-09-2009, 09:25 AM
Gayle big hug to you to help you deal with the stress. We are all here for you so let it out girl. Heck I do!
Dez is in a excelerated nursing program that goes for 20 months. She will be done the end of aug in 2010. How is Ali doing? Any more geocaching lately? I would like to go out this weekend. We might have to go downtown to do it because there is lots of water around from the snow that is melting.
Speaking of lots of water around I am sure you all heard about Fargo and Grand Forks flooding......well we are just north of there and it is coming our way. Most of our city will be safe cause we built a large ditch around the city to divert the water but that cause the country folks to flood sometimes. My mom and dad were flooded in 97. Now my sister Rachel built a house beside them. Next week we will know what we will be dealing with.

Mom went into the hospital yesterday. She has pneumonia. Her heart also has fluid around it and she is having tachicardia. Keep her in your prayers.

Speaking of prayers Dez's surgery will be next friday they only ended up changing the time.

Janice it is good t hear from you. You can look at it this way when you get home from work hubby will have cooked you dinner.

gdeann
04-10-2009, 09:47 AM
I hope Dez can continue her studies. Still sending blessings your direction. Prayer can do powerful things. I have a niece having a difficult pregnancy and thru prayer, things are gradually looking better for the baby.

We are busy here, as usual. I'm still in a bad mood, but trying to change my outlook. Sometimes it seems like when it rains, it pours.

Janice, try to get some rest!

Off to the vet and to run a few errands. Allie is out of school today so we are going to share some mother/daughter time too.

ShelleyM
04-11-2009, 07:37 AM
Dee-Prayers to your mother!

gdeann
04-12-2009, 11:37 AM
Have A Blessed Easter!

4myloves
04-14-2009, 10:57 AM
Hey everyone! Why no checkie-innie?

I guess everyone is busy like me! I hope you're all busy with FUN STUFF. Mom and I took Jake to Branson last week for a short get-away. Our normal 5-hour drive up there took 8 hours because we stopped several times with him so he could get out of the car seat and walk around for a bit. The drive back was quicker because we left Branson right at his nap time and he slept for the first two hours of the drive. When he woke up we stopped to get gas and let him get out for awhile, changed his diaper, etc. Then we were able to drive for another hour or so before stopping for lunch. Then we just drove the rest of the way home and he was fine!

I bought two pairs of jeans for myself on this trip--slightly tight, but my goal is to get them looser!! Jake came away with a TON of stuff!! Three pairs of Osh Kosh short-alls, a pair of Osh Kosh striped overalls (like in the "You Been Farming Long?" poster) and a couple of onesies from there. Also, a ton of clothes from Carter's and three pairs of shoes from the Stride Rite outlet. I love shopping for him!

He went to his first Easter egg hunt this year. Of course, he's not old enough to actually hunt, but it was a pretty day and he enjoyed being outside.

Hope things are going well for all of you. Hope Dez and Gayle are doing good.

Love,
Cheryl

gdeann
04-15-2009, 09:05 PM
Sounds like you had a great Easter Cheryl! Jake will LOVE Easter next year! He will be old enough to hunt the eggs and get excited about finding one. My niece carried her 1 month old around this year and let him "hunt" she did it for all of us compared to him, he just snoozed.

Dee, I hope your mom is doing better. Also sending prayers for Dez on Friday. Keep us posted when you can.

Nothing new here. Same old junk...

Chat later!

Deelite
04-16-2009, 09:28 AM
Hi Ladies I have been busy, running to the hospital or trying to keep up with the dust from Larry renovating the bathroom.

Mom is doing ok. She went for a mamogram tuesday and we will see what the lumps are that they found. She hurt he knee climbing back into bed yesterday so we are waiting on an xray. We are hoping that she will be home on the weekend.

Dez will be having surgery tomorrow. PLEASE say a prayer for her and her surgeon. I will let you know how she is doing. She will be staying here.

Hugs to you Gayle. Life can be pretty rough.

Cheryl aww it sounds like you are having way to much fun shopping for Jake. Enjoy the little guy. Well it looks like he isn't that little. What size does he wear now?

Shelley thanks for the prayers, keep on praying.

Janice how is the weather....did you get a big dump of snow last week? We are in the 20's now or 70's for you american folks. The snow is finally gone, but everything is still wet.

We are on a watch for the flooding but I think our family will be ok.

got to run to the Y

Have a great day.

vouge09
04-16-2009, 11:29 PM
Hey everyone. I don't know if you remember me, but I sure remember you. I put up a new post on the intro thread about well the past 2 years. I'm sorry I kinda left. But I'm back and ready to make some changes again.

Thanks for everything you guys did for me in the past when I was a estranged teenager lol.

gdeann
04-17-2009, 12:08 AM
Hi Vouge! How could forget you? If I remember correctly, you are a very mature young lady with wisdom several years beyond your age. Happy to hear things are well for you! Are you still dating the same boy you were back then? Keep us updated and happy to see you back here!

gdeann
04-17-2009, 09:16 AM
Saying prayers for Dez today. May the grace of God embrace her and comfort her through this difficult time. Sending well wishes for a complication free surgery and speedy recovery
:getwell:

vouge09
04-17-2009, 09:40 AM
Amen to that! ^

Yeah we're still together! 2 years and 4 months! Just glad to be back and on this wagon to healthy town.

I even got up early to workout today! Yay!

4myloves
04-17-2009, 04:50 PM
Amy!! So glad to have you back!! I've got to skip on over to the intro thread and catch up!

Dee--how did things go today with Dez? Sending Good Vibes your way! Jake is in a size 24 months in most clothes. About right, I guess--everywhere we went, people thought he was around 2 years old!

vouge09
04-17-2009, 04:58 PM
My nephew is 2. He's not a terrible monster but not an angel either lol.

Deelite
04-18-2009, 11:57 AM
Thanks for all the loving support. Dez is snuggled safely at home. She is doing better than they expected. They gave her a local instead of putting her out. She bounced back quickly and so far the bleeding has been light. She isn't in that much pain so now we hope that all the cancer is gone.

Vogue welcome back. I am so glad that you found us. So what is happening in your life since we last heard from you?

What is everyone up to this weekend? I am babysitting Dez as Larry keeps renovating the bathroom. It is finally looking good but still will take a few more weekends to finish.

Larry was officially promoted yesterday to Director of Sales and Marketing. He was nervous to take on the new position but I know that he has the skills to do it. His owners have full confidence in him too. Nice salary increase and bonus incentives.

vouge09
04-18-2009, 05:40 PM
Dee- Things are good! I'm in college majoring in special education/elem. ed/ESOL. I plan on getting a masters in reading skills or speech pathology and a doctrates much further on.
I'm still dating that boy from a while ago.

Today was fun. We went to the animal shelter (boyfriend and I) and almost adopted a dachsand. He still lives with his parents, I live in dorms, so we couldn't.
Thats great that Larry got promoted! Especially in this economy!

ShelleyM
04-19-2009, 07:22 AM
Vogue-Welcome back! I need to go to your intro and see what you have been doing the last 2 years. What college are you attending? Both my girls go to USF in Tampa.

Dee-Still sending healing prayers to Dez. Give Larry my congratulations! That is wonderful. I know he deserves it for all his hard work.

Cheryl-Good for you on the motivating jeans to get into! You will do it!

Hi Gayle and everyone who follow.

coles
04-19-2009, 09:27 PM
Just trying to get caught up.
Dee- prayers are being said for Dez and your Mom.
Amy - welcome back, I wondered where you went.
Shelley - you are an exercise maniac - send me some of that exercise dust.
Cheryl - sounds like you had a fun Easter, I can't wait until I get grandchildren or at least one. Everything will seem more magical.
Gayle - cheer up my friend. I know how you feel.
Suzy - missing you!

vouge09
04-19-2009, 11:16 PM
Hey everyone.
Shelly- I go to UWF, in Pensacola. I considered USF but I actually graduated high school a year early and UWF wanted me so I was like OK! I like it here too.
Coles-Thanks, I'm doing well.

Deelite
04-22-2009, 01:02 PM
Just popping i to tell everyone mom was released from hospital yesterday. She is doing well. Dez is doing great. Please continue to pray that the cancer is gone.

Thanks everyone for the support. Prayers are wonderul.

I am busy planning a 75th birthday party for mom combined with a 55th anniversary party for mom and dad. We will be having about 100 people for dinner and a dance. Busy, busy busy.

I am also spring cleaning, wash walls, cleanning cupboards, washing windows etc, and hopefully tomorrow I will get to cutting down all my perenials.

Hope everyone is busy but well.

4myloves
04-22-2009, 03:07 PM
Hello everyone!

Dee, great news about Dez and your mom!! I'm so happy for you all!

Amy, enjoy those college days--the last truly stress-free (although I know it probably doesn't seem like it!) time of your life!

One of my farmers committed suicide last week. I'd actually known him for 20 years (or more) outside of work. He was truly beautiful, inside and out. He had some kind of genetic disease and had to have both hips replaced two years ago, when he was only 36 years old. From there, he got addicted to pain meds, plus he started drinking heavily. His wife left him around 3 weeks ago and then he found out he was no longer going to be able to farm. He shot himself last Friday night. He left lots of people feeling so guilty and like they should have done more (including me). It's a tough time right now.

coles
04-22-2009, 09:48 PM
Cheryl - that is terrible. We never know what others are thinking. He was so young to give up on life. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

4myloves
04-23-2009, 10:40 AM
Thanks, Janice. It really shocked me to hear the news. I really feel for his family. He left behind a 6-year-old son and a 3-year-old daughter that I know he loved dearly, and who adored him as well. That's going to be so hard for them.

Deelite
04-24-2009, 09:00 AM
Cheryl I am sorry to hear of your tragic news. His family and friends are in my prayers. Hugs to you.

vouge09
04-24-2009, 02:01 PM
I will pray for you and their family.

hey guys glad to see everyones doing well.
I'm working hard, I haven't had a chance to excercise today but hopefully I can get my mom to go out with me for a long walk today.

I'm having some issues relationship wise. I have been with my boyfriend for 2 years and 4 months. He's knows I am trying to lose weight and he's been really werid lately. I know he isn't fond of it but last night he said he would support me, then told me he had a dream the night before I had abs and he was like "random I know".
I had to go home to live with my parents for the summer which means I won't be seeing him for about 3 months. He keeps saying things like "sure will take some getting used to when you come back". It's uncomforting. I know he misses me a lot too and I haven't been gone more than like 36 hours. He keeps on calling me. It's sweet but he's driving me crazy!!!

4myloves
04-27-2009, 10:04 PM
Wow, Amy, surely you can squeeze in some trips back and forth over the summer! Sounds like he may be a little insecure (OK, a LOT insecure!). You'll just have to keep reassuring him if you want to keep him. Some guys are like that--we don't usually expect it from them, but there you go. I'm sure he knows deep down that you'll be the same person when you lose weight, even with the ABS!!!, but he's probably afraid you'll lose interest in him when you get your new hot bod. You've been together a long time for such a young age, I'm sure you'll find a way to cope!!!!!

Deelite
04-28-2009, 09:11 AM
GUESS WHAT GUYS........

I am a proud owner of a cute little 2009 Smart Car. We just bought it last night. It is adorable...hehe Metallic grey and silver it is. We have never bought a new car so I feel just a tad guilty Larry buying it for me and he has never had a brand new car.

That being said I don't know if I mentioned or not that it is offical that I am MRS DIRECTOR and Larry is Mr Director of sales and mkting.

Cheryl honny how are you doing? Hugs. How did the funeral go? It is so sad.

Amy I was just thinking on how to respond as I read Cheryls respond. I ditto that. Hang in there.

Time for the Y, love you girls.

Come and post.

vouge09
04-28-2009, 11:37 AM
Thanks guys. Yeah I think we are going to be okay, things seem to be getting better.

Dee- Be careful with those. I don't know they seem so unsafe, I get scared for the people driving them when I just see them.

Cheryl- I hope things are going okay!

Okay I need to go write a lesson plan, for a final exam! See ya laters!

4myloves
04-30-2009, 09:48 AM
Dee, I'll have to google Smart Car--I don't know what they are. :doh: Will it match your Tab?

Amy, how did your lesson plan go?

Where is everyone?????

Deelite
04-30-2009, 01:04 PM
Here is the link to my new car. http://www.smartusa.com/
Cheryl it does match my car a tiny tim. Mine is the metallic grey one.

I am loving it, now I am not home any more to keep in touch. Mind you where have you all been? Out scooting around?

gdeann
04-30-2009, 04:51 PM
Hey girls! Nothing new here. Had several new expenses come up so we have canceled any vacation plans we were planning. Such is life...
Moms health is about the same. Good days, bad days...
Allie had her First Communion last Saturday. We had a nice party afterward.
Work is still the same...they have a new director up there and he likes me as well as I like him. We tend to mix like oil and vinegar. He tends to forget the residents come first and they are actually the ones paying his salary. I shake in my boots each month when I pay my rent waiting for a rent increase or one of his "brilliant" ideas to get rid of me.
Congrats on the car Dee! It is so cute!
Hope all is well with everyone!
Off to a school function and then a school music program this evening.

Deelite
04-30-2009, 05:34 PM
Gayle post some pics of Allie on FB. I would love to see them.

vouge09
04-30-2009, 08:42 PM
Hey! Popin in for a moment! I'm hungry for dinner lol.

I'm down 7 lbs but maybe 8. I'm pretty happy, I have been working really hard.

Congrats on the first communion. I was such a tomboy during mine, I wanted the plainest dress ever lol.

I don't know how I did on my lesson plan, my teacher takes forever to grade but I think I did fine.

Deelite
05-01-2009, 09:34 AM
Congratulations of the 7-8 pounds down! How are you doing it?

Dez finished exams yesterday so this afternoon we are doing a pampering spa day.

4myloves
05-01-2009, 01:06 PM
Please note! a new thead has been started!!