Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-31-2009, 12:10 PM   #1  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Default April Steppers Chat

This is where you can chat about different things that have/have not worked for you during your weight loss as well as swap ideas!

Weekly Challenge... Week 1~ Break 10,000 steps at least 3 times this week. This challenge is rather basic because it is our first.

Week 2~ Get at least 1,000 bonus steps this week.

Week 3~ Break 10,000 steps at least 4 times this week.

If you have challenge ideas please either PM me with them or post them here.

Last edited by KimL1214; 04-16-2009 at 01:59 PM.
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:51 PM   #2  
Getting healthy!

S/C/G: 275/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

So, my pants and my pedometer do not get along today. My pants are quite snug around the waist (I have a thick waist and narrow hips/no butt) and I think it was pressed weird and didn't count!

Well, it didn't count what I did after I got dressed for work. Before work, wooohoooo, I was on fire! So I know I got my 10k steps in, just not sure how many above that. Very sad.
enchantedonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:26 PM   #3  
Breathe the pressure

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5' 9"

I'm not sure how accurate my pedometer is. It definately counts every step but it seems to also counteach little bump and jump that occurs through out the day. The pedometer so far is at 10,559. I also use a bodybugg which can also count steps but it doesn't catch all of my steps. It seems to only count them if I swing my arm while I walk so if I'm holding somthing in that arm which is many times during the day, it won't count those steps. My bodybugg says I'm at 7,480. I'm not sure which I should go by, should I take an average between the two which would make it 9,019? Any thoughts?
GypsyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:00 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantedonyx View Post
So, my pants and my pedometer do not get along today. My pants are quite snug around the waist (I have a thick waist and narrow hips/no butt) and I think it was pressed weird and didn't count!

Well, it didn't count what I did after I got dressed for work. Before work, wooohoooo, I was on fire! So I know I got my 10k steps in, just not sure how many above that. Very sad.
I have the opposite problem today. Mine are too big around the waist. I swear they get bigger as the day goes on. I keep having to tug them up. But, they were my only clean pair today.
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:01 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyLove View Post
I'm not sure how accurate my pedometer is. It definately counts every step but it seems to also counteach little bump and jump that occurs through out the day. The pedometer so far is at 10,559. I also use a bodybugg which can also count steps but it doesn't catch all of my steps. It seems to only count them if I swing my arm while I walk so if I'm holding somthing in that arm which is many times during the day, it won't count those steps. My bodybugg says I'm at 7,480. I'm not sure which I should go by, should I take an average between the two which would make it 9,019? Any thoughts?
I'd probably average them. It sounds like you need a new pedometer. I have an Omron and it seems really accurate. It doesn't start counting steps until you've done about 4 steps, so it doesn't pick up all the little shifts in movement.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

I wore jeans today and I only got over 1200 and I know for a fact I did more. I would check every so often throughout the day and it was working. I'm so mad. I even tried it riding my pocket and still the same thing, it was wierd.

I'm still sick and getting worse again. I came home early and laid down and slept. I'm going to get a walk in today if it kills me.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:53 PM   #7  
Breathe the pressure

Wendyland~Thanks for the reply! I actually decided to try counting my steps and see which one was accurate and it turns out that my pedometer was much closer then my budybugg. I walked 100 steps the pedometer counted 99 of them and the bodybugg only got 89. Also I've been having trouble with it going "off body" recently basically meaning it wasn't accurately measuring anything during those times. I didn't realize it was off by that much though oh well.

ConfessorSiuan~Feel better soon!

Last edited by GypsyLove; 04-01-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:04 PM   #8  
ISO my perfect body

Height: 5'7.5"

HI girls!
I love my Omron!!!! The only time it was not accurate was when the battery died. I changed It, and it counts 99-101 every time I check it (i count 100 steps and see what is counted) I also have checked to see If it changes while in the car driving....even off road in a 4x4, it never counted a step. Gypsy love, I would definately use an average.

confessorsuan-What are we gonna do with you? Have you been to see a doctor? It may be time.... Im starting to get really worried about you!

As for me, I am not gonna get my 10000 today. I took a 3 mile walk, and am only on 8000 something for the day. Over the weekend, I racked up some serious miles, but my knees, and hips are kinda sore. I decided to give them a break. We will see what tomorrow brings......
Lewisempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:11 AM   #9  
Breathe the pressure

Where's a good place to get an ohmron? For now I guess will average them, I'd rather have my total a little low than falsely high. Thanks for your help!
Old 04-02-2009, 09:48 AM   #10  
Make it to the moon...

enchantedonyx~ I have the same problem with my pants sometimes.

Gypsy~ Sounds like you got it figured out!

Wendyland~ It's annoying, but good that your pants are getting bigger!

Confessor
~ Are your jeans too tight or loose? Sometimes how they fit can effect how accurate they are. What kind of pedometer do you have? Get better!!!

Lewis
~ Sounds like I need to look into getting an Omron! How did you end up doing yesterday!

I have not started this month off well, but plan on kicking it into high gear TODAY!!! It is beautiful out so I want to get outside as much as possible!
Old 04-02-2009, 10:52 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyLove View Post
Where's a good place to get an ohmron? For now I guess will average them, I'd rather have my total a little low than falsely high. Thanks for your help!
I got mine from Amazon. It was about $20.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:37 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

I am starting to feel better. I did go for a walk last night with my boys and it was windy, so a little chilly but I got out. I'm starting to feel better. I had a sinus infection back in January that lasted awhile. It's a bad cold that is going around town, everyone is sick these days but I'm on the mend and my boys aren't sick for a change so that is good.

My jeans were good fitting, not too tight or too loose. So I'm not sure. I get better readings when I wear my cotton pants or workout pants. I'm going to the gym at lunch today for my second time this week, so I'm pretty happy about that. I got a great workout on Tuesday and I'm hoping for the same today. I'm doing weights and working on strengthening my knees.

Now that the weathers has finally starting getting warm, i will be outside more with my boys and walking more. I'm really looking forward to upping my step.

I have a full physical coming up with my doctor, so don't worry I will be talking to my doctor about my sickness soon.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:52 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Hi all,

Can I take part in this? I haven't been on this board before, but I am "training" for a walking 10K and really need to get my steps in. I use the bodybugg which I also thinks underestimates a bit, but I am good with that.

Thanks
Angie
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:02 PM   #14  
Make it to the moon...

Realist~ I’ll add you to the sign up! Post your steps here… WELCOME!!!

ConfessorSiuan~ I have the same problem with jeans and I’m guessing that it has to do with the thickness of the fabric, maybe it absorbs some of our steps? Let us know what your DR. tells you!

I’m only at 2750 right now, but I get most of my steps at track practice anyways, so I’m not overly worried right now. I haven’t been doing well but plan on changing that tonight.

Administrative Sidenote~ I will not be posting results for the last two weeks of our March challenge, as most of Team Wolf disappeared. I apologize to anyone that was waiting for those results, but it isn’t fair to pit a 2 person team vs. a 5 person team. Thank you for everyone who participated and I’m really looking forward to our 1 team April challenge as I know there are quite a few of us who are pumped to get our steps in and will post regularly! Thank you again!

Last edited by KimL1214; 04-02-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:36 PM   #15  
ISO my perfect body

Height: 5'7.5"

Hi girls, I am a little behind on my steps for April. I think I went a little overboard in the last few days of March. I will be going hiking this weekend, so I will hopefully catch up then.
confessorsiuan, glad to hear you are feeling better, and gonna get a checkup! The warmer weather will probably help you feel better too!

As far as the omron pedometer, My Mom bought me this one about 3 years ago! she got it from drugstore.com about $20 I think it is the best!

Ladies, I am gonna take some advil, and hit the hay, I hope you all have a great night.
Lewisempire is offline   Reply With Quote