Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 03-30-2009, 04:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/199/140

Height: 5 "6"

Default Hypnosis for weight loss

hello everyone, im new on here and I have tried pretty much every diet under the sun. I am going to have hypnotherapy to help and I wondered if anyone has done it and has it worked?? I have found it hard to find any info on net and hopefully someone out there will have an opinion/fact?? anyway hugs from the uk xx
kelfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/248/160

Height: 5'11"

I've never tried hypnosis for weight loss or anything else. I have had a couple friends who used it for smoking and one for weight loss. What it comes down to is your willingness to take the suggestion they supply you with and how much you can believe in it. For smoking it worked for one friend but not the other. The friend who tried it for weight loss was only interested in loosing 10lbs for a party. She made her goal but she was also eating right and exercising. Even she didn't really know if it was the hypnosis or just her own resolve. After the party she slipped back into her old patterns and gained the weight again.

I'd research and decide exactly what you want the hypnosis to do. Then explain very clearly to the person you see. Just don't expect it to do everything .
ManyNamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

How much does it cost for something like this? I understand it would be telling your mind to do what you need to do ..I guess exercising and eating right would almost come naturally if the hypnosis works?

I'm interested in it... let us know how it works for you!
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:15 PM   #4  

i contacted a few hynotherapy practices and found out info on each one, i have found one in my area and he does courses or individual sessions the course is £130 thats for 3 sessions, individual is £40 and if top ups are needed in future its £30. He is fully booked and i cant get an appointment untill april 27th. I am seriously determind to do this as i have been overweight for 6 yrs now since having my first son and my youngest son has just turned one so i have no excuse!! I lost my grandad not long after my youngest was born and i believe that has made me eat more. I am also considering purchasing the diet plate to help with portion sizes and use alongside the hypnotherapy - has anyone used this? any feedback appreciated xx
Old 04-01-2009, 09:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/188/138

Height: 5'3"

I did hypnosis for weight loss about 21 years ago after I had my son. I dropped the weight like there was no tomorrow! The only problem was he told me to drink something when I was hungry instead of eating or after I had a few bites of food, I would feel full. Well, my drink of choice was diet coke. After having done this for so long, without much food in my stomach at any given time, I started having stomach problems. All the caffeine in the diet coke caused my stomach to spasm. So shortly after that, I started not following the suggestions made during hypnosis and regained the weight. If I would have gotten some reinforcement from him, I think I would have continued to do well as long as I didn't drink diet cokes. I have thought about doing it again myself, but the nearest hypnotist is 2.5 hours away, so that would be a 5 hour trip in a day.
CannieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:15 AM   #6  

thanks for the reply's - ill keep you all posted xx
Old 04-02-2009, 12:09 PM   #7  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

I did hypnosis done to help me quit smoking and for weight loss at the same appointment about 5 years ago. I can honestly say that I wasted my money. I basically paid for a relaxation session. It helped me to relax the day I did it but I didn't quit smoking until 2.5 years ago and I have just now got a hold of my terrible eating habits.

I think I have finally found the key to not smoking and getting healthy. Its not dieting, its not hypnosis, it is not everything else I have tried.

This is what it is about for ME...
It is not about trying it is about doing. It is about putting my feelings of poor me aside and just doing it. It is about being willing to go to any length to not eat bad stuff and going to any length to make time for exercise. It is about going to any length to not smoke. It is about having a relationship with God. It is about shut the **** up and quit complaining about it and just do it. It is about action. It is about not settling for less than of myself when I know I can do more because I know I'm a strong person.

Like I said, This is what it has taken for me to change.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:53 PM   #8  
Success with TNL

Hi,

I started using self hypnosis DVD/CD's almost 5 months ago and it has been the tool I've been looking for, for way too many years, to lose this weight once and for all. I purchased the Think & Lose program, which is very reasonably priced, and the main concept is to "Eat half and leave half". There are no restrictions, no special diet to follow, though he certainly gives you the suggestion to eat healthier and to exercise. I've found this program to work great, to deal with my obsession with food in my head, where I've always said the problem lies, and to totally change my relationship with food. I'm eating healthier, no desire for the munchies and sweets anymore, and I am exercising at least 5 days a week. I haven't been using the scale to chart my progress, I choose not to be influenced by a good or bad number. I did weigh myself when I started, did want that starting point, and did step on the scale for a doctor's appointment after 4 months. I had lost 33 pounds, which made me feel great, but I am going more by how I feel and how my clothes are fitting.

So, hypnosis can and does work! Don Mannarino's self hypnosis is a great way to succeed with the weight loss, without pills, special drinks, restrictive diets, etc. It is a great option for those still trying to find that right plan that will fit with their lifestyle and relationship with food. Good luck and loads of encouragment in whatever you find to reach your goals.

Shirley
SisuInWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:49 PM   #9  

OK - had hypnotherapy on monday was a session that lasted about 3hrs!! we spoke about my issues and then i was hypnotised, before i was put into trace he said i would be asked closed questions and that i would answer by signaling with my hand lifting my forefinger up or down on the armrest - by this point i was thinking im completely mad and what am i doing!!!! so he started by asking me to count back from 300 and i was completely relaxed, i can remember my finger moving but have no idea what was being asked etc. when i came out of trace it was surreal i know id been hypnotised i know i was sat in a chair and i know where i was and felt safe. since the session i have not thought about food can only eat half the amount i used to i dont constantly crave anything at all when food adverts came on tv i would sit and think i could just eat that and really crave something to the point id have to get up and make something eat - all that has gone, so up to now its going well. ill report back and let you know how i go.
I have to go back monday 4th may and I have another session on monday
25th may.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:58 PM   #10  

Height: 5'4"

Wow!!!
That’s great!!!!
I would love to know if those progress will last...
Plus, if you don’t mind me asking: How much was the session?
Thanks for getting back to us!
belezura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 05:24 PM   #11  

hi, i paid 130 british pounds for a weight loss programme which consists of 3 sessions. not sure how much that equals to in american dollars xx
Old 05-05-2009, 04:19 PM   #12  

hi again - well i had my second session last night again lasted 2 hrs, my hynotherapist asked me how id gone on etc. The previous week i said i no longer wished to eat chocolate as i feel its my main problem so last night he did a crave buster and he linked that to the least most liked food i hate which is stilton and cauliflower soup the thought of it makes me gag!! and now the thought of chocolate does the same!! i have been at uni all day and my friends get through alot of chocolate and i could not even look at it
Anyway i still feel confident in what this is doing, as i am in control around food - i work in a coffee shop on saturdays so its cakes galore but they dont bother me i even took some cereal incase i got hungry whilst at work.
I dont even munch the kids leftovers as im terrible for that - like most mums do!!. Anyway I have another session on the 18th may - ill keep you posted xx
not the 25th may?? like i posted before
Old 05-08-2009, 12:41 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 280/280/155

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpnodat View Post
I did hypnosis done to help me quit smoking and for weight loss at the same appointment about 5 years ago. I can honestly say that I wasted my money. I basically paid for a relaxation session. It helped me to relax the day I did it but I didn't quit smoking until 2.5 years ago and I have just now got a hold of my terrible eating habits.

I think I have finally found the key to not smoking and getting healthy. Its not dieting, its not hypnosis, it is not everything else I have tried.

This is what it is about for ME...
It is not about trying it is about doing. It is about putting my feelings of poor me aside and just doing it. It is about being willing to go to any length to not eat bad stuff and going to any length to make time for exercise. It is about going to any length to not smoke. It is about having a relationship with God. It is about shut the **** up and quit complaining about it and just do it. It is about action. It is about not settling for less than of myself when I know I can do more because I know I'm a strong person.

Like I said, This is what it has taken for me to change.

Very true
cheecheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:07 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 180/169/145

Height: 5'5

There is a lady here my husband & I were looking into. Him to stop smoking & mine for weight loss. It's a $100 program for either one. It'd be interesting to see if either work. I want him to do his first, it seems like a better investment. If it works, that $100 is like 2 weeks of cigarettes for him, so it'd be well worth it. If hypnotherapy can get HIM to stop smoking, I'd try it for weight loss.
vertigoskyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:09 AM   #15  

hi everyone well i went to my final session on the 18th may and everything so far is brill!! i have lost 15lbs since starting and have been to a BBQ and ate cake!! i have not deprived myself of anything. I have not ate chocolate since the second session when he did a crave buster to stop me doing so. I go swimming and no longer feel conscious of how i look as my hypnotist worked with me regarding that too. its so far the best thing i have ever done. ill keep you all posted xx