Old 03-30-2009, 12:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 201/175/135

Height: 5'6

Default Questions, questions, questions....

Hi All! I started calorie counting last Sunday and am doing well! I'm trying to stay within 1200 - 1400 calories a day. I've also started working out about 5-6 days a week. This is a WHOLE new lifestyle change for me. So here are my questions:
I have done well averaging within my range every day but there have been days where I've eaten under 1200 and 2 days where I ate abour 1500ish. Will this all even out in the long run?
I'm also watching my carbs and trying to get them from fruit, veg and beans. But if I do have carbs it's a spouted form ( think Ezeikial 4:9 bread) Do y'all think I should have 1 serving of grain carb per meal or is it ok to only try to eat one grain serving per day?

I want to do this well and right. I've also included a sample of a couple days worth of food. Would someone look at it and give me some feedback?

Thanks
Kate

Breakfast:
1 Banana 90 Calories
1 Grapefruit 76 Calories
1 Hard Boiled Egg 78 Calories

Lunch:
1 Veggie Burger 110 Calories
1 Sprouted Tortilla 150 Calories
Tomato/Sprout 30 Calories
¼ cup Avocado 91 Calories

Snack:
¼ Cup Nut Mix 150 Calories

Dinner:
4 oz Tilapia 108 Calories
1 Cup Spaghetti Squash 42 Calories
1 Coffee Mochi 105 Calories
40g of Dried peaches 100 Calories
8 oz Tangerine Juice 110 Calories
1240 USED

TUESDAY MAR 24 1400 Calories Daily

Breakfast:
1 Scoop Kashi Choco Powder 100 Calories
1 Banana 90 Calories
1 Cup Soy Milk 80 Calories
1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter 90 Calories

Snack:
¼ Cup Green Beans 45 Calories
40g Dried Peaches 100 Calories

Lunch:
1 Veggie Burger 110 Calories
1 Sprouted Tortilla 150 Calories
Tomato/Sprout 30 Calories
¼ cup Avocado 91 Calories

Snack:
¼ Cup Nut Mix 150 Calories

Dinner:
2 Eggs 148 Calories
1 Cheese Slice 60 Calories
Mushrooms/Onions 25 Calories
1 tablespoon Ketchup 15 Calories
4 oz OJ 55 Calories
1 Coffee Mochi 105 Calories
1 Orange 62 Calories
1506 USED
sassypants01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:04 AM   #2  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Your eating looks great, lots of fresh/whole foods. I honestly can't tell you if the calories are right on or not, I've not gotten to your weight yet. Your best bet is to stick with this plan for 2-3 weeks, and see if your losses are sustainable (1-2 lbs weekly). If so keep going until it slows too much. Then you may have to mix up your exercise or lower your calories a little, but right now I'd say that you've got everything A-Ok. I think it's okay to eat more some days and less others, you might just make sure your weekly average is on your target. Many people do it, called calorie cycling. Although I think they suggest staying above 1200 every day. The other thing to think of is that you might be able to loose a lot of this weight in the beginning by eating more than what you have planned, because if you're already close to 1200 on avg. there's no place to move your average if you get stuck.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:09 AM   #3  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

As far as I can tell, your menu looks great! Very balanced. The only thing I would say is to try to never get below 1200 calories. If you are under, try drinking a little milk or having a little handful of nuts or another piece of fruit. Other than that, it looks lik eyou are doing everything right! Great job!
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote