South Beach Diet - Phase I Chick-Check - March 30 and onward

cottagebythesea
03-30-2009, 07:10 AM
Are you on Phase 1 or Phase 2, Lyn?

For your breakfast, your meal is fine, but make sure your ham is lean and not salty.
The grilled chicken at lunch may have had some sugar in it (yes, sugar!), but probably wasn't all that bad. By the way, you can have real mayo, so you were fine for that.
Your snack and supper were right on plan, but you did go over your limit with the nuts. You should only have one serving a day of them, since they are good for you but high in calories. Also, the sweet treats should be no more than 100 calories a day, and I think you went over that with your dessert.
So if you cut back on the nuts and watch the calories for your sweet treat, you'll be just fine.

Ruthxxx
03-30-2009, 07:15 AM
Rather than have many threads regarding Phase I menus and questions, please post here. I'll close the old thread which was getting a bit long.
Thanks.

Here's Lynn's menu for comments:
Menu look ok?
I know this is weird, but after dinner and dessert I felt like I cheated or something. I started even feeling guilty about it, which is ridiculous but I guess it's just an old habit. Anyway I'd appreciate it if anyone wanted to comment on whether my menu for today was okay... (for Phase 1)

Breakfast: Chai tea with 1/3 c skim milk. Omelet made with a handful of mushrooms, a bunch of baby spinach, one slice of virginia ham, Kraft 2% low fat Mexican cheese (maybe 1/4 c) and about 1/2 c Egg Beaters. Also had a cup of plain green tea.

Lunch: I was out and we had to get something while shopping, so I got a Sonic grilled chicken sandwich with extra lettuce and tomatoes. I just ate the grilled chicken and veggies (and there was a small amt of real mayo on it) but I threw away the entire bun. I also had a small starbucks sugarfree iced low fat hazelnut latte.

Snacks: 7 almonds in about 1/2 c of low fat plain yogurt with some xylitol sweetened fish oil supplement (I know it sounds weird but it is tasty and lemon flavored and is good in yogurt, about 50 calories of oil). Then I walked one mile. Then I had about 6 smoked almonds and a string cheese.

Dinner: I roasted some chicken and vegetables. I had an entire large chicken breast (no skin)... I bet it was a good 6 oz, it was sooo good. I also had quite a bit of roasted broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, garlic, and asparagus. It was roasted with a bit of olive oil.

After dinner I made a ricotta dessert. I mixed a half cup of low fat ricotta, one tablespoon of natural cashew butter, about a tablespoon or one and a half tablespoons of cocoa, and one semi-melted sugarfree fudgesicle (40 calories). I mashed all of that together and it tasted so good, like brownie batter almost.

So that's it, I drank lots of water. I guess I feel "cheaty" because of the volume of chicken I had at dinner and the rich dessert! Am I ok?

Ruthxxx
03-30-2009, 07:20 AM
Cottage's comments are above Lynn's post.

Lyn2007
03-30-2009, 11:46 AM
cottagebythesea,

thank you! Good insights. I have a question on the sweet treats. It says up to 75 calories/day. Do I have to count the entire ricotta dessert as a sweet treat... even the ricotta? I was only counting the fudgesicle, and any sweeteners, but I can see how I went way over if I have to count all the ingredients. Actually, the yogurt would also be a sweet treat then since I added a sweetener to it, correct? Let me know if this is right. I will be more careful on the nuts and sweetened stuff. Thank you!

I am still 227 this morning (have been for a couple days) so maybe that is stalling me. Will adjust and see what happens!

murphmitch
03-30-2009, 12:00 PM
I don't count the ricotta or yogurt, just the stuff you add to it (cocoa powder, fudgesicle). The sweet treats limit is 75-100 cals. daily now. I usually only add a tsp. or so of cocoa instead of 1 1/2 Tbs. though.

Lyn2007
03-31-2009, 01:12 AM
I think I did a little better today...

Breakfast: 1 egg, 2 soy sausage links, green tea
Lunch: egg beaters with spinach, mushrooms, ham, light cheese, iced sugarfree vanilla coffee
Snacks: tablespoon of cashews, about 8 almonds
Dinner: chicken breast about 5 oz, with roasted broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower, green beans (bit of olive oil)
Dessert: vanilla ricotta

rdw1
03-31-2009, 10:28 AM
Hi Lyn- Looks like your menu was good! I am going back to p1 for a bit- this week anyway... so I am having to alter my menus a bit and here is what I have so far for today!

B: 1 egg, 1c shredded zuchinni, nonfat spray
S: roasted chic peas 1/4c
L: stirfry with broccoli, mushrooms, spinach, onions, and shirataki noodles, 1tsp sesame oil and sesame seeds
S: WILL EDIT LATER
D: chili with lf sr cream and rf cheese OR lentil and sausage stew, haven't decided which yet, but either one can be lunch for this week!

Also, started being good with my water this week... goal is 72oz a day.
Exercise is 30 minutes a day. period. whether its walking the dog, playing hte wii, whatever- I must do the exercise!!!!!

TwilightMom
03-31-2009, 12:13 PM
I've had a nasty bought of GERD, so I was off plan for nearly a month. My GERD is still nasty, but I'm back on Phase I. I have maintained at 233 (for the most part), even after a small vacation to DC! I'm so happy to be back. I've missed the support!

murphmitch
03-31-2009, 12:45 PM
My GERD is pretty much gone unless I eat really late. One more plus for SB way of eating. I had been taking Prevacid for over 10 years and I haven't used it for months now. I think any amount of weight you can lose decreases the problem.

RenRen
03-31-2009, 01:22 PM
After a long winter, I'm back on Phase 1, again.;)

I'm on day three and doing pretty well as far as cravings go. I need to update my stats and ticker as they aren't very accurate at the moment. :o

Betsi
03-31-2009, 01:36 PM
I hear ya on the long winter, RenRen. I'm back to phase 1 after a long winter myself. I'm on Day 9 and down 8 pounds now. I slipped up on Sunday, my sweetie and I ordered Chinese food because we both felt way too much like crap to make anything. We kept is small though, and I guess it didn't screw me up too bad as the craving aren't back (much) and I'm still averaging nearly a pound a day.

I really find making sure I eat every few hours and getting tons of water are huge keys to success for me.

murphmitch
03-31-2009, 01:42 PM
Betsi, you're doing so well. If we order Chinese, I get the Chicken & Vegetables and maybe a little Hot & Sour Soup. There's probably too much oil in it, but it's a lot better than my husband's Sweet & Sour Pork.

KO
03-31-2009, 02:00 PM
Here's My Menu for Today and Yesterday
Monday March 30
Breakfast
Tuna Loaf Wrapped in Nori
Coffee with Milk
Lunch
Noriwich 6 slices of LF turkey 1 slice of 2% cheese and Baby spinach and 2 tbsp RF mayo
Dinner
Turkey Spinach Pesto "Lasagna" the meat makes the layers The middle is spinach Neufchatel and an egg

Late Night snack HB Egg Warm (YUM)
I actually got my 8 glasses of water in! :bounce:

Today:
Breakfast
1 minute Flax Muffin
Coffee with Milk
Snack
2 HB Eggs
Lunch
Tuna Loaf with baby Spinach
Dinner
Turkey SPinach Pesto Lasagna

Bonus snack (if I get nibbly at work)
Celery & 2 tbsp Hummus

RenRen
03-31-2009, 02:01 PM
I would be thrilled if my Phase 1 is as successful as yours, Betsi! Congrats!

I'm hoping that by doing Phase 1 now, I won't raid my kids Easter baskets next week. I know if I see a decent loss by then, I will be able to pass up all those chocolate eggs. *fingers crossed*

rdw1
03-31-2009, 02:54 PM
My p1 loss was never that great- but the change in the way I felt made up for it!!!

Ren- gl staying out of those baskets! LOL I lOVE LOVE LOVE mini eggs... if I get through this year without any it will be nothing short of a miracle!

I just had the best lunch and super low calorie!
stirfry made of broccoli, green beans, zucchini, mushrooms, onion, green onion, tomatoes, shirataki noodles, soy sauce, penzey's Bankok blend seasoning, sriracha, and toasted sesame oil. freakin delish! I saved some for lunch tomorrow too... I was thinking of going ahead and making the chili for tonight so it can simmer- its almost too warm for soup weather so I want to make some more before it doesn't sound good anymore!

Well, off to play the wii for a while!

KO
03-31-2009, 03:19 PM
Rikki I love Shiratake noodles!! What is sriracha?

Betsi
03-31-2009, 04:25 PM
Oh my gosh Rikki! I had totally forgotten about shirataki noodles. A friend suggested them a while back and I never got around to trying them. Especially since my sweetie can't eat wheat (and thus won't be having pasta even after P1), we should definitely give these a whirl.

rdw1
03-31-2009, 04:29 PM
Here is the sriracha- you can find it anywhere though, walmart or any grocery store usually has it- its pretty cheap and oh so yummy! a bottle lasts a long time!
Sriracha (http://www.amazon.com/Huy-Fong-Sriracha-Chili-Sauce/dp/B0002PSOJW)
KO- what kind do you like best? it seems that some months I like the angel hair best and then others I like the fettucinni- guess it depends on how chewy I am feeling haha

rdw1
03-31-2009, 04:31 PM
Betsi- don't expect them to be exactly like pasta- the texture is different but they taste like whatever you are cooking them with... I always make sure to drain and rinse well, boil for a minute then rinse again- then I add them to whatever I am cooking... otherwise they have a funky smell to me :) I have heard of people who don't boil and rinse them first, but I just can't do it!

Betsi
03-31-2009, 04:44 PM
Thanks Rikki - I figured they wouldn't be quite the same but especially for my sweetie, they will be awesome since it's this or no pasta since he can't have whole wheat pasta. Thanks for the tips!

rdw1
03-31-2009, 04:57 PM
I would start out with the thinnest ones then betsi- the angel hair, the thicker they get seems like they get chewier...lol

KO
03-31-2009, 05:48 PM
I like Both I had the Fettucini the other night with some whirred up veggies Peppers celery and onions with Ginger and soy sauce
I'm going to check out the link!
We just started going to an Asian Grocery store so so many fun things to try I have buckwheat (which is not actually wheat) noodles for Ph 2

Btw Dear God I just bought a bathing suit online Now I have to make sure I get off my arse and workout!

KO
03-31-2009, 05:50 PM
Another fun substitute for Noodles is broccoli slaw esp if you're doing stirfry I do an asian and an italian with it

rdw1
03-31-2009, 06:24 PM
I really like to use the angel hair cabbage as well if something it good and saucy :) now I am getting hungry again!!!!

KO
03-31-2009, 06:28 PM
I have a bag of Coleslaw at home that I'm going to weed the carrots out of! LOVE IT!

rdw1
04-01-2009, 12:13 AM
SO, I feel like I have had a very successful day at 1250 calories and dinner ended up a friend came over and I made her spaghetti and we both enjoyed a large salad, veggie meatballs covered in sauce and provolone, and I had about 1/3 a veggie chicken patty.... it was great!

Probably won't have time to post in the morning so I will go ahead and plan my day out!

B: leftover meatballs and sauce- probably cold... something about italian cold that I love :)
S: roasted chic peas
L: leftover stirfry and shiratake
S: TBD
D: Large salad with caesar dressing, veggie bbq chicken, cole slaw

I plan to do at least 30 minutes of cardio at work tomorrow even if it is after my shift. I am not looking forward to tomorrow, but hoping for a good week!

Betsi
04-01-2009, 10:12 AM
I am out and about most of the day today, so getting snacks is going to be tricky. Especially because I forgot to buy more snack veggies while I was at the store. Maybe I'll have time to hit the grocery store while I'm out.

KO
04-01-2009, 10:53 AM
Betsi SOmetimes in the grocery by me they hae prepacked cut veggies that might be good
Rikki LOVE COLD ITALIAN
Here's my plan
Breakfast
Tuna loaf wrapped in Nori with 2 tbsp RF Mayo (Surprisingly good)
Coffee with soy creamer
Snack(s)
Celery & Hummus
1 jumbo HB Egg
Lunch
Turkey & Spinach Pesto "lasagna"
Broccoli slaw plain b/c I forgot to dress it but its yummy anyway
Dinner
Chicken Curry
Maybe some Cauliflower
SF Fudgcicle

me4life
04-01-2009, 02:49 PM
Betsi SOmetimes in the grocery by me they hae prepacked cut veggies that might be good
Rikki LOVE COLD ITALIAN
Here's my plan
Breakfast
Tuna loaf wrapped in Nori with 2 tbsp RF Mayo (Surprisingly good)
Coffee with soy creamer
Snack(s)
Celery & Hummus
1 jumbo HB Egg
Lunch
Turkey & Spinach Pesto "lasagna"
Broccoli slaw plain b/c I forgot to dress it but its yummy anyway
Dinner
Chicken Curry
Maybe some Cauliflower
SF Fudgcicle

what is nori?

KO
04-01-2009, 03:06 PM
Its the dried Seaweed sushi gets wrapped in. it's kind of an acquired taste But for 5-10 calories it's a great way to have a ph 1 compliant sandwich!

TwilightMom
04-01-2009, 04:35 PM
Today did not go well for me, and last night I ate 2 lovely strawberries. The smell of them was driving me wild, so I ate them. They were good, but I'm done with them now. My cravings are high end, too. Today I had 2 scrambled eggs for breakfast (at 5:30 a.m.) and by the time I got to lunch at 12:30, I was famished. My head hurt, I was feeling weak and dizzy and so I made a mad dash to the cafeteria (I was in clinicals all day today) and grabbed a ham and cheese sandwich on rye, some pickles and a squirt of mayo. I looked for SB stuff (no veggies that were not fried, no meat free of frying, and I was not going to eat pizza). So, I'm sure I'm going to be craving for another 3 days, but my options were limited. I tried to eat my food without the bread, but I was still sick after the meat and cheese, so I went for the rye. I'm just now fully recovering and it's 3:30! A good lesson! PLAN YOUR MEALS!!

murphmitch
04-01-2009, 11:09 PM
Today I had 2 scrambled eggs for breakfast (at 5:30 a.m.) and by the time I got to lunch at 12:30, I was famished. My head hurt, I was feeling weak and dizzy and so I made a mad dash to the cafeteria (I was in clinicals all day today) and grabbed a ham and cheese sandwich on rye, some pickles and a squirt of mayo.

Always keep snack food in your purse. A single serving of cheese works the best for me mid-morning. Very quick to eat but satisfying. Your cafeteria doesn't have a salad bar or plain veggies? Someone needs to talk to the cafeteria manager. I'm assuming that your clinical is in a hospital. That's terrible they can't serve healthier food options. You need to take your own food for sure.

rdw1
04-02-2009, 12:25 AM
twilight mom- I totally have been craving fruit and I bought a canteloupe before I decided to go on P1 again, so this weekend I think I will have a few small slivers of it!

I did pretty good today, breakfast and lunch were planned and dinner ended up being at a mexican restaurant and I had a salad with a bit of guacamole and refried beans on the side with no cheese.... it was very good- I did have 2 beers though. bad rikki.

My plan for tomorrow will be
B: hopefully up early enough to cook an egg and spinach or zucchini
S: 1oz cheese
L: Lentil soup
S: TBD
D: veggie burger, salad, and some other veggie side

Gotta get with drinking my water!!!!

TwilightMom
04-02-2009, 10:23 AM
They do have a salad bar with fresh veggies but I only had $5 and the last time I made a salad it cost me $7! Unfortunately, I cannot eat while I'm "on the floor" so taking a snack of almonds or a cheese stick is not an option. Next week I will be sure to have a better breakfast!

RDW - did you get up early enough to make your breakfast? I love spinach with my eggs but the rest of my family thinks I'm off my rocker! LOL!

Betsi
04-02-2009, 11:06 AM
I "fell" again last night; off the wagon that is - we did another small order of Chinese... nothing healthy, either - fried stuff. This keeps happening when I don't eat enough and then feel to crashed from low blood sugar to do anything sensible for dinner. On the plus side, is doesn't seem to be too damaging to the scale since it happens when I don't eat quite enough the rest of the day. And so far *knock on wood* it hasn't screwed with my cravings noticeably.

I still feel kind of badly about it, I know it's not "proper" Phase 1 with all this cheating. But I figure getting down about it doesn't help, and since it doesn't seem to do as much damage as I'd expect, there's no point stressing about it. I just need to do better at planning meals - last week the meal plan was firmer, and I did much better.

Ah well, live and learn, right? All things considered, I'm doing quite well - though my ticker is a bit off. My weight has been fluctuating between food slip ups, forgetting to get plenty of water, and my TOM... so right now I'm actually a half a pound higher than it says.

And on the plus side, I just realized part of why I mis-estimated when I'd need to eat is that I got more exercise than I'd planned. At least it was a good reason to screw up, right? :D

KO
04-02-2009, 11:11 AM
I inadvertantly fell off the towel this AM
The coffee guy (dh picked up my coffee) put a Truckload of sugar in my coffee and I had a big gulp or 2 of it then realized A. oh crap my coffee is sweet and B That's not splenda!
not to pleased but crap happens!

Tryin2LoseIt
04-02-2009, 01:46 PM
I am currently re-starting Phase 1 and hoping to do better than the last time! Today's menu is:
breakfast- 2 eggs with green onions and ff cheese
snack-lowfat cheese stick
lunch - salad with dressing and tuna with a little lowfat mayo
snack-celery with laughing cow cheese
dinner-we're going out... but I'm planning on a salad with grilled chicken.

I hope I can stay on track..

swandive81
04-02-2009, 02:27 PM
KO- same thing happened to me this past weekend. I was in a yemenite restaurant, and they served the most delicious tea i've ever drank... flavored with cloves and cardamon and all other good stuff. But on the second sip, I noticed it tasted TOO good... and very very sweet.

Oh well. Crap happens indeed.

me4life
04-02-2009, 04:28 PM
I "fell" again last night; off the wagon that is - we did another small order of Chinese... nothing healthy, either - fried stuff. This keeps happening when I don't eat enough and then feel to crashed from low blood sugar to do anything sensible for dinner. On the plus side, is doesn't seem to be too damaging to the scale since it happens when I don't eat quite enough the rest of the day. And so far *knock on wood* it hasn't screwed with my cravings noticeably.

I still feel kind of badly about it, I know it's not "proper" Phase 1 with all this cheating. But I figure getting down about it doesn't help, and since it doesn't seem to do as much damage as I'd expect, there's no point stressing about it. I just need to do better at planning meals - last week the meal plan was firmer, and I did much better.

Ah well, live and learn, right? All things considered, I'm doing quite well - though my ticker is a bit off. My weight has been fluctuating between food slip ups, forgetting to get plenty of water, and my TOM... so right now I'm actually a half a pound higher than it says.

And on the plus side, I just realized part of why I mis-estimated when I'd need to eat is that I got more exercise than I'd planned. At least it was a good reason to screw up, right? :D

ok i'm just gonna say it "progress not perfection" and also, its possible since you have already done sb before that you don't need the full 2 weeks of phase 1 to get rid of the cravings and thats why the cravings aren't that bad when you mess up. and since i'm already talking, you know not to let yourself get hungry...plan, plan, plan

rdw1
04-02-2009, 11:36 PM
Betsi- I like what me4 said- plan plan plan- I even find if I don't stick to what I planned to eat I stick to something with similar calories-dunno why maybe if 2 meals were good choices I want the third to be too!

KO- crap does happen! I am drinking a glass of wine because crap happened today!(and I don't intend to stop! LOL)

Well, so I didn't do a great p1 day today. I actually did kinda crappy p1 but calorie wise I did do good... I did make breakfast but decided against eggs and made a veggie burrito- spinach mushrooms tomato green onion black beans and some taco bell mild sauce- all in a ww tortilla and man was it great! Lunch was a can of lentil soup from progresso, which is almost p1 friendly- but hey, thats all I had and way better than the crap at the cafeteria! and dinner was what I could think of to have dh cook- that isn't the best idea ;) Anywho- I had him throw potatoes and veggie meat inthe oven so I had a sweet potato and riblet(which was delish btw!) and green beans. fabulous- but that could've been cause I was famished!

SO, my plan for tomorrow will be(and I am gone all day downtown. blech. no fridge and I am supposed to bring my own lunch... hmmmm, I am going to have to get creative!!!

B: egg with veggies
S: celery and pb, cheese
L: may take a can of refried beans or soup I don't mind eating it cold-maybe a big salad but I really prefer them cold...
D: TBD- maybe chili or soup- something light and quick as it will be late!

Well, hope you ladies have a great OP day tomorrow!

KO
04-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Progress Not Perfection that's the Mantra today!
B was a noriwich (I need to make these in the AM or too soggy!) turkey hummus and Broccoli slaw
LARGE coffee with Milk (NO SHUGA!)
S Almonds and HB Egg
L no clue I have to go buy it Maybe a fresh express salad or Sandwich fixins not on bread
D either Leftover Chicken Curry (SOO GOOD!!) Or a flax muffin it depends on my mood or a veggie burger
I need to drink some water today!
Swan Yemenite sounds interesting is it like turkish or Greek?
Rikki I love progresso Lentil!
Maybe I'll get a can or 2 of broth and do some Lentils with onions and cumin? or save that for next week when I can get to tJs for soy chorizo
BTW totally randomly M4 you have the best dimples! so jealous!!

weezle
04-03-2009, 01:19 PM
I'm Lisa, and I'm a white flour and sugarholic.

I NEED ACCOUNTABILITY! I'm doing an impromptu 1 week detox starting today (the boys are out of town again so may as well knock the first 3 crabby days out while they're gone. Tom thanks me.) I've just been out of control and have to knock it off!!!!! I'll be ok once I get past day 4 but want to go a full 7 so I behave myself with all the southern cookin' down south for Easter weekend.

Kick my butt, please? I'm also low on SBD-friendly veggies (Little Guy tends to like carrots and corn) so I'm going to have to improvise a bit, at least until Monday.

Thanks girls!

Lyn2007
04-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Artificial sweeteners are triggering me. I didn't think they would, but they are. I am knocking it off, except for sf jello which doesnt bug me, and MAYBE a sf coffee once or twice a month. Fudgesicles are going bye bye.

KO
04-03-2009, 01:40 PM
Lisa I'll put on My steel toes if you do! is there a butt Kicking emoticon?
Lyn they do for me too sometimes
One thing I like in my Coffee is vanilla extract it kinda takes the edge off without all the sugar

Lyn2007
04-03-2009, 01:55 PM
Great idea, KO, thanks :)

Does anyone know if Indian Curries are ok? I am assuming not that great because the sauces have cream in them. But are they at least low carb if you skip the rice?

Betsi
04-03-2009, 02:00 PM
Here ya go, Lisa! :kickbutt: (Yup KO, there's a smilie for this!) I could use some butt-kicking myself. I'm doing great when I do great, but when I slip up it's not all that small. (Appetizers from my favorite Chinese restaurant!)

I find artificial sweeteners aren't a problem for me, although I typically only use Splenda/sucralose sweetened things, so maybe others might. I find I can have Splenda in my coffee, but I have to wash the cup immediately - I drink hazelnut coffee and the smell of it can sometimes make me crave.

I made an awesome dinner last night though. Tofu, red peppers, and shiitake mushrooms marinated in soy sauce, rice vinegar and lots of fresh ginger and garlic, served over steamed spinach with a sprinkle of sunflower seeds on top. YUM!

weezle
04-03-2009, 02:25 PM
So my mom just called and asked me to go to dinner with her. Sigh. I looked at Ruby Tuesday's menu and am hoping that they'll allow the salad bar to be my "entree" so mom can use her coupon for buy 1 get 1 entree free. If not, there's a creole catch fish entree, but I typically dislike fish unless it's in Florida. Then I'd also have to substitute green beans for brown rice pilaf, and make sure the green beans AND broccoli come without the buttery sauce.

Oy. Pray that salad bar counts.

Gotta eat something. I'm a bit bajiggity..

KO
04-03-2009, 03:10 PM
I just snagged lunch at the grocery and by Lunch I mean a couple slices of roast beef and 2 thin slices of swiss cheese The salads were scary!! brown and ookie
Never Go to the grocery Hungry!! I picked up SF Pudding mix for post PH 1 and a bag of flax and yeast for bread I have to make for Sunday (in a bread machine that I will be far far away from!)
I then yelled at the Crazy grocery clerk Her moustache is very impressive!
and got a free Diet Dr P!

Lyn2007
04-03-2009, 03:13 PM
I then yelled at the Crazy grocery clerk Her moustache is very impressive!
and got a free Diet Dr P!

what??

weezle
04-03-2009, 03:14 PM
:lol3: That's AWESOME.

Betsi
04-03-2009, 03:27 PM
So my mom just called and asked me to go to dinner with her. Sigh. I looked at Ruby Tuesday's menu and am hoping that they'll allow the salad bar to be my "entree" so mom can use her coupon for buy 1 get 1 entree free. If not, there's a creole catch fish entree, but I typically dislike fish unless it's in Florida. Then I'd also have to substitute green beans for brown rice pilaf, and make sure the green beans AND broccoli come without the buttery sauce.

Yikes! Good luck, and have a snack before you go so you're not ravenous, ok? I find that helps a lot when I go out to eat knowing I may find the PH1 options less than satisfying.

me4life
04-03-2009, 03:55 PM

i'd see if they have a grilled chicken or something

weezle
04-03-2009, 04:00 PM
me4, I'm vegetarian for health reasons. I can do fish because they typically don't have added hormones or steroids, although I don't like fish or seafood unless it's caught within the last hour.

Ruby Tuesdays has a veggie burger but it is HORRIBLE for you. Quite tasty, but HORRIBLE. 1007 calories and 53 g fat. All those years I thought I was picking a healthy alternative!

This is why I try not to eat out.

rdw1
04-03-2009, 11:03 PM
Hey guys- quick check in for me today- I did have seom rf triscuits today at the show but most of the day I was p1 compliant! My plan for tomorrow is...
B: 1 egg with spinach or zucchini
S: celery and pb
L: black bean and tomato soup or lentil soup
S: celery and pb
D: not sure as we may be going out to eat with friends... I get to plan it this time though, so I should be able to find something diet friendly!

I have been slacking a bit on my water and exercise, although I did get 30 in today walking around downtown... I will be working on that water tomorrow!

me4life
04-04-2009, 08:51 AM
me4, I'm vegetarian for health reasons. I can do fish because they typically don't have added hormones or steroids, although I don't like fish or seafood unless it's caught within the last hour.

Ruby Tuesdays has a veggie burger but it is HORRIBLE for you. Quite tasty, but HORRIBLE. 1007 calories and 53 g fat. All those years I thought I was picking a healthy alternative!

This is why I try not to eat out.

ah good point...lol hope it goes well

TwilightMom
04-04-2009, 12:25 PM
Me4life - I just noticed that you are at the 200 mark! How exciting to think that when you weigh in again you will likely be below that mark! I am so excited for you! I just broke the 230 mark (at long last) and feel so energized!

me4life
04-04-2009, 01:23 PM
i actually hit it this week but don't my official weigh in til monday....don't wanna jinx it

Betsi
04-04-2009, 02:24 PM
WOW! I had SPAGHETTI last night and it was totally on plan! I bought a package of spaghetti style shirataki noodles and had it with a little bit of turkey and a yummy spaghetti sauce I made with onions, red pepper, and tons of fresh garlic. Sooooo satisfying, and incredibly healthy too! We're gonna have them again tomorrow night with Kalyn's turkey meatballs.

To me, the texture was exactly right (but then, I haven't had wheat spaghetti in years due to my sweetie's gluten intolerance). I definitely appreciate the boiling tip Rikki, they sure do have a strong smell without them!

emikeeann
04-06-2009, 03:10 AM
hola chicas... after an all-inclusive resort for spring break in mexico, a few too many bahama mama's and quesadillas got to me and it's back on phase 1 for a week or two...

tomorrow will be day three, and here's the plan...
B: 1 egg sunny side up w/ 2 slices turkey bacon, coffee w/ ff 1/2&1/2 and sf syrup
L: grilled chicken salad (romaine, spinach, cherry tomatoes, balsamic vinegarette dressing...)
S: celery w/ laughing cow cheese
D: chicken "enchiladas" w/ refried beans, sf jello w/ whipped cream

rdw: i have been wanting to try the shiratake noodles, but i'm not sure where i should find them... i live in colorado and think that whole foods may be my only option... where did you find yours?

CyndiM
04-06-2009, 07:42 AM
I them at grocery stores here in the produce section with veggie meats or in the cold section at our Co-op.

Betsi
04-06-2009, 10:40 AM
emikeeann, personally I haven't been able to find them at my regular grocery store, just the local Co-Op. I'd suspect Whole Foods is your best bet. Good luck, they are so yummy!

rdw1
04-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Yep- whole foods is where I get mine. they are like 1.29 a bag there... the regular grocery that carries them here is publix but they charge an arm and a leg for them!!! Like 3.59 or something crazy! I hate how stores jack up the price on specialty items when you know they aren't that expensive!

So, chickies- I haven't been good at all this weekend. blah. I am back on track today though and not going to give in to the craving monster! I made some soup with veggie meatballs and garbanzo dumplings for breakfast/lunch. lots of housework to be done today and sometime this week I have to take an online traffic school course for turning right on red where I didn't notice the sign *sigh*... 4 hours on the computer sure is going to suck!

TwilightMom
04-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Me4Life - WAY TO GO! WOOOHOOOO!!!

BabeKins
04-06-2009, 07:19 PM
Im Kelli *waves*
So Im soon to be new. Im starting the SBD in 2weeks. Im wondering if you ladies have any advice for me... Im on a very very tight budget. I live in Canada so my grocery store options are different then alot of the store Ive been finding online as resources. Any help is much appreciated.

Lyn2007
04-06-2009, 07:28 PM
Well, I spent the weekend throwing up and having other "digestive problems" associated with a stomach flu. Two of my kids were also throwing up. So today was recovery day... trying to get fluids to stay down, scrubbing toilets, doing laundry. And then my other son threw up at school today and came home sick. UGH!

So, all I can stomach is chicken broth and saltines so far. We'll see when I get out of this sickness whether I go back to phase 1 or jump into phase 2. Suggestions?

TwilightMom
04-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Babekins - I'm from the USA, so I have no suggestions, but I can say that my grocery budget has increased quite a bit since I started SBD. I may be in the minority.

Lyn, I think you would be ok to start in Ph2. Ph1 is really to rid your system of sugars, etc. I think your system is clean ;) now, so starting with Ph2 shouldn't be a problem.

me4life
04-06-2009, 08:39 PM
So, all I can stomach is chicken broth and saltines so far. We'll see when I get out of this sickness whether I go back to phase 1 or jump into phase 2. Suggestions?

i'd see how you feel. if your craving are gone then phase 2 is fine. if you start phase 2 and are craving stuff a few days of phase 1 may be needed

rdw1
04-06-2009, 08:43 PM
Lyn- I would say just evaluate your cravings after you feel better- all those saltines may have brought some cravings back, so juat see how you feel :)
and I hope you are feeling better...

My plan for tomorrow will be...
B: egg with veggie sausage and spinach or zucchini
L: stir fry with tofu, zucchini, mushrooms, spinach, broccoli
S: string cheese
D: TBD- possibly mexican or veggie pizza casserole with salad

GirlyGirlSebas
04-06-2009, 10:38 PM
Hi Beachers. I've decided to get back to my roots and go back on SB. I've strayed far far away and have started to regain my lost inches of belly fat and the scales are creeping up. So, tomorrow morning is the day.

Lyn, I'm so sorry to hear that you and your children have been sick. I hope you heal quickly.

emikeeann
04-06-2009, 11:50 PM
girlygirl and babekins -- welcome! i'm wishing you both the best on starting phase 1 :)

lyn -- i think phase 2 is probably fine for you to move on to at this point unless the cravings come back.

as for me, today went well... it's hard to not have illegal dessert after a week of indulgence followed by a 3 day 21st bday celebration... but the sf jello and whipped cream is saving me! i'll be happy when the cravings are gone...

the plan for tomorrow is...
B: 2 egg cheesy omelet, coffee w/ sf syrup and ff 1/2&1/2
L: stir fried veggies
S: celery w/ peanut butter
D: shrimp scampi w/ green beans, sf jello w/ whipped cream

KO
04-07-2009, 12:27 AM
I fell off the beach towel tonight and into a hot fudge sundae EuGH! I'm back on the towel tomorrow

GirlyGirlSebas
04-07-2009, 10:47 AM
I fell off the beach towel tonight and into a hot fudge sundae EuGH! I'm back on the towel tomorrow

Okay...that made me giggle! But, I am sorry to hear that you fell off.

KO
04-07-2009, 11:00 AM
Menu for today
Breakfast
2 pieces of nori (I grabbed 2) 4 slices of Turkey and a slice of 2% cheese
Large Green Tea
Snack
HB Egg
Lunch
2 tuna muffins
salad
Snack
Almonds
Dinner
Veggie burger & Zuch or Quiche depending on my ambition

emikeeann
04-07-2009, 11:27 AM
KO -- what are tuna muffins?

rdw1
04-07-2009, 11:30 AM
KO- are you a nori freak now?!! lol... I saw some at whole foods yesterday and was tempted to buy it but I didn't... it was kinda expensive there and I didn't know if I would like it or not...

Hope all you chickies have a great day!

Lyn2007
04-07-2009, 12:29 PM
I'm still here, but the only food I was able to keep down yesterday was a few saltines, iced 7up sips, and a couple of ginger snaps. Not exactly low carb...

This morning I kept down some cream of rice. I have no idea what this is going to do to my craving levels when I am better, but I can't eat any dairy, meat (eww), or veggies right now... so carbs it is.

cheeseheader
04-07-2009, 12:59 PM
I'm new to Phase 1 and actually started my first day today so just wanted to say hi and if anyone has any pointers or advice, I would welcome it! I need to lose about 60 pounds and South Beach was recommended by my doctor so we'll see what happens!

murphmitch
04-07-2009, 01:25 PM
Cheeseheader, the best advice I can give is read the book and be familiar with the food lists in the FAQ's here. And also visit here frequently for support. You can do it!

KO
04-07-2009, 01:44 PM
Rikki it's not good if it sits too long Or you feel like you're eating a leaf! but for a quick sandwich its great!!
I bought some on Amazon organic 6 packages for $18
But then I found 2 non organic for 2 for $3 at an asian food store
each little 5-10 calorie sheet has a gram of protein
and I really missed being able to have somethign grab and go

Oh I posted the Tuna Muffins in Ph 1 entrees and I'm going to post a Turkey (or beef or veggie) pesto Lasagna that's Ph 1 compliant

rdw1
04-07-2009, 04:36 PM
thats cheaper than at WF.... they were all over 5 bucks a pack there... I may try a specialty or asian grocer here sometime soon and check them out! I can't wait to see the pesto lasagna recipe! YUM!

GirlyGirlSebas
04-08-2009, 01:00 PM
Today, I have a headache. I believe I am suffering from sugar withdrawal. Phase 1 of SB is not fun, but so very worth it. I can't wait for the waist bands of my pants to loosen up a bit. My pants and jeans have become very uncomfortable.

rdw1
04-08-2009, 10:06 PM
Rhonda- it won't be long! Usually after the first week of p1 you can tell a big difference if you have done a clean p1!

Hope the rest of you chickies are having a great week! I had a super long day at work today just because it was so slow... I am pooped!

cheeseheader
04-09-2009, 05:54 PM
On day 3 of Phase 1 and it hasn't been too bad. I've had a few cravings but I have resisted. I like that it's easy to follow and there aren't too many "rules" I actually don't miss fruit that much, bread and the other starches are a different matter ;) I did step on the scale and I"m down 2 pounds already so we'll see what happens at the end of my first week.

Big Mama
04-14-2009, 12:44 PM
Hello all!
Is there room for one more?:)
I have done Ph1 before to various degrees of success. The last time I did it in November, I lost about 6lbs. Then - as it often happens, I lost my focus and Ph2 quickly became Ph3, which quickly became uncontrollable pigging out. I am surprised I haven't gained more than 3lbs in the past 4 months. If if wasn't for my 3 kids and some exercise - I'd have gained a lot more the way I've been eating.
There's nothing that gets me back on track better than staying on Ph1 plan for at least 10 days. I am on day 2 and feeling great! I can't wait to peel away from the 190s. I've been hovering around this number for far too long.

But enought about me. How's everyone doing so far?

Aleksandra

Midnight Heart
04-15-2009, 09:48 AM
I'm on day 7 of phase 1 today and have just weighed myself and happy to report that I have lost 10 pounds and I am already starting to feel better, I can feel a difference and it makes me more determined to stick with it and change the way I eat for good. I have done the beach before with not much success due to life changes and circumstances, but this time I am determined will be the one! :)

So who's next? :D

Big Mama
04-15-2009, 11:40 AM
Midnight heart - that is fantastic! Nothing motivates more than success itself. You're halfway through Ph1 - you may not lose as much as in the first week, but you've already lost more than a lot of people do in both weeks. I typically lose 6-8 lbs in two weeks, which I'm happy with, although it'd definitely be nice to lose more.
I'm only on day 3 and feel just fine. I even exercised yesteday (30-day shred), and plan on hitting the gym tonight! I find it surprisingly easy this time around.

moncheree
04-15-2009, 05:56 PM
IM ON PH 1...

B- broccoli fritatta
S- turkey
L- celery sticks with red pepper hummus, 3 green olives, and SF jello cup (made a spinach salad but wasn't hungry)

S- NUTS!!
D- Grilled Tilapia, small spinach salad w/ olive oil and vin., and fresh steamed green beans w/ ICBINB spray
S- string cheese

baristamon
04-17-2009, 12:00 AM
hello, chicks. i'm returning after a 3 month downward spiral away from the beach, and i miss it! i've had a crazy stressful month, we've moved across the country (florida to california) and needless to say, i haven't had the time or the energy to eat the way I should. Lately, I've just been pigging out - probably because I know I plan to start phase 1 again :) I intend to start tomorrow, and I really hope I can stick with it this time, even with a limited budget and a tight schedule. I know I can count on you chicks to help keep me motivated! I'll let you know how day 1 goes.

amanda

madridguiri
04-17-2009, 12:08 PM
Hey guys,

I'm going to start the South Beach Diet on Sunday. I've done it before with good results. I've been trying to count calories lately, but then I just eat too much junk!

Here to getting rid of 4 lbs I've gained since Christmas! I'm up to 138lbs!

moncheree
04-17-2009, 03:13 PM
You know, for me.. the key to dieting success is PLANNING and PREPARING. Because I am so busy, working full time, school, and mommy and wifey. (sigh) I have to pre-prepare all my food for the week. Like last Sunday, I made a fritatta with broccoli.. cut into servings, into ziplocs and into the freezer. Worked out WONDERFULLY. I also buy my own lettuces for salads (i dont buy prepackaged because its way cheaper to cut it up yourself and you get 3 times as much salad! SO, I always make sure i have all my stuff prepared.. including snack stuff. I have cut up celery sticks and put them into a rubbermaid container with water, so that when im craving something to munch on I can grab a celery stick right away. PLANNING and PREPARING IS KEY .. for me.

madridguiri
04-18-2009, 04:38 PM
I started the SBD today instead of Sunday because there's no time like the present to start. Day 1 went well:

B: 2 egg omelette w/ mushrooms, peppers, onions, slice light cheese
L: light yogurt, stir fry with ground beef (drained)
D: grilled mushrooms, 4 oz. steak
S: pistachios, 2 light cheese wedges

What do you all think about my meals?

baristamon
04-18-2009, 05:55 PM
well, yesterday I did okay, except i forgot my lunch and had to buy a sandwich at work because options are very limited there. otherwise, i did well, and today i'm right on track.
B: 2 hard boiled eggs
S: lf cheese stick
L: salad w/ chickpeas (3/4 cup, about 3 oz - vegetarian protien :) )
S: celery w/ peanut butter
D: veggie burger grilled and topped with tomato and avocado slices, heart of palm "potato" salad

feeling good so far and looking forward to sticking to it for the long run (as I watch my 2 year old lick the ketchup off his plate ~sigh~)

losin it for good
04-19-2009, 10:37 PM
My schedule is so different on the weekends and I wasn't able to do the B-S-L-S-D like normal. Well, I could have but I would have had to stay up really late! So yesterday I made a larger breakfast than normal (at 11 *blush*), had a snack and then a big salad for dinner. I really wasn't too hungry though and had lots of water. Today, I was up earlier than yesterday but still missed out on lunch (I was driving), had a cheesestick on the road so that a weak moment wouldn't win at the gas station...but then I just now ate dinner at 9pm (get home, cook, etc.)...weekdays are so much easier to be on task!!! Hopefully my metabolism isn't mad at me - we'll find out on the scale tomorrow...Day 1 of week 2!

P.S. Chicken Dijon is YUMMY!

Happy Losing!

Big Mama
04-20-2009, 11:14 AM
It's relatively hard to stick to the plan on weekends for me, too. Everyone is at home (3 kids + dh), and we're either having company, or visiting, plus the kids' classes and sports activities... in other words, lots of distraction. I find that if I KNOW well in advance what my pitfalls may be, I'm better at managing them.
I am only 3 lbs. down for the first week, which is normal for me. I have to remind myself that I do Ph1 not so much to lose weight, but to get my eating habits and carb cravings under control.

Madridguiri - your menu looks a lot like mine, but I can tell you're not a big veggie fan (same here). If you added a serving of vegetables to your dinner - you'd get a more filling and nutritious meal. I have to MAKE myself add veggies, it doesn't come naturally to me.

baristamon
04-21-2009, 04:44 PM
Hey, chicks. I don't know what day I'm on! 3 maybe? Yes, its 3. got a pretty big headache today. I don't think I've drank as much water as I should have, or maybe it was the beer I drank last night. I don't know why, I haven't drank in over a week, I guess I just felt like it. Headache to thank for it today. I hope it doesn't affect my weight loss too much. I never drank on P1 before, but it never seemed to affect my P1-1/2 or P2. Oh, well. What's done is done. Looking forward to making yummy eggplant lasagna for dinner with homemade tomato sauce. Comfort food! Right now though, is nap time. :)

blueeyes
04-21-2009, 09:10 PM
Today was my 1st day of Phase 1
B: Spinanch Quiche
S:Celery and Laughing Cow cheese
L: Grilled Portobella Cap, tomato, shredded ff cheddar, and garlic aioli in boston lettuce cups.
S: Slice of turkey and glass of milk
D: Chicken stuffed with spinanch (Really didnt eat much), black beans, mashed califlower.
D: Vanilla Ricotta and milk

I really hope that I feel better tomorrow, as I felt awful today. I had to leave work early. I really want this to work.

losin it for good
04-21-2009, 10:26 PM
blueeyes -

Day 1 was actually the hardest for me...I had a headache and felt bad all day. Day 2 had a linger of the headache but not too bad. Day 3 in the afternoon I had a "moment" where I felt like I had to have sugar or else :dizzy: I just talked myself out of that nonsense :D.

Good luck! I'm on Day 1 of week 2 and things are going great, just stick with it! :carrot:

blueeyes
04-22-2009, 12:21 AM
Thanks for the encourgement. I made it through my first day!

me4life
04-22-2009, 09:37 AM
blueeyes make sure you get some beans in it really helps. unfortunately i was so used to drinking pop i would get headaches so i just drank a cup of coffee to get rid of them and i'm not a coffee drinker.

baristamon
04-22-2009, 05:55 PM
Oh, man! I have the worst headache. It never really went away from yesterday. Guess it wasn't the beer after all. Seems like a case of the sb flu. I eat beans daily, and dairy too. I seem to recall having a hard time the last time I did P1 also. i will manage, of course. Today's meal plan:
(I wake up at 3 am to get to work by 4:30, so my snack is before breakfast)

S: lf cheese stick
B: 2 hard boiled eggs
L: lettuce wraps with tofurky and tomato slices, lf mayo & spicy brown mustard
S: cucumber & tomatoes w/white vinegar & olive oil; 4 slices fake bacon
D: chickpea and black bean curry - some kind of veggie, haven't decided yet

swandive81
04-23-2009, 06:08 PM
Hello chickees!

After a totally over-indulgent vacation, I am back to P1 for a spell... here is how today is shaping out...

B: 2 eggs with LF cheddar, sliced tomato
S: Cottage Cheese
L: Salad with ham & swiss, iced latte
S: Almonds
D: Ratatouille with feta and lamb, salad
S: "Mock" milkshake (milk, ice, SF kaluha coffee syrup)

I miss fruit already :(

madridguiri
04-24-2009, 07:15 AM
So I was getting constipated and uninspired with the food. I moved on the P2 a week early. I can't eat any white bread, pasta or pastries anyway because I have celiac disease, so in my daily life I follow SBD pretty well.

My only real problem is chips, and sugary candy. My first official weigh is tomorrow, so we'll see if a modified P1 (aka P2) works.

baristamon
04-24-2009, 05:46 PM
hey chicks. headache finally went away yesterday, now i'm waiting for the ravenous hunger to subside. kind of binged on cheese sticks the other night, and yesterday it was nuts (in the form of peanut butter celery and chopped pecans in yogurt). I'm starving right now, even after a big bowl of yogurt. I know i'm eating enough, i don't know why i'm so hungry. here's what today looks like so far:
B: 2 hardboiled eggs
L: (lunch was 2 hours after breakfast for me today) tofurkey slices, tomato slices, lf mayo and spicy brown mustard wrapped in romaine leaves
S: another hardboiled egg, a serving and a half of nonfat plain yogurt with chopped pecans, splenda cinnamon and nutmeg
*thinking about another snack before dinner, since its only 2 pm.
D: probably a veggie burger and a salad

maybe i didn't eat as much as i thought today - guess i'll go investigate a snack:)

baristamon
04-25-2009, 12:53 AM
well, after my last post i had some sliced fake bacon, and tomatoes with fresh basil oil and vinegar. I felt a lot better, and took a nice long nap. for dinner I had a veggie burger on a bed of lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, little oil and lemon juice, and a side of grilled yellow zucchini squash. That was nice and filling, but its been almost 2 hours since that and I'm hungry again! ~big sigh~

baristamon
04-25-2009, 07:21 PM
Where is everybody?! Anyway, day 7 for me, feeling really good. Not too hungry yet, went grocery shopping for the week, and have lots of good recipes to try. Ready for week 2! Not stepping on the scale until next Sunday, when hopefully TOM's bloat is gone, and 2 weeks of phase 1 show me a number that doesn't hurt ;)

Pearlrose
04-26-2009, 12:03 AM
Hello everyone, I am going to post here as I am back to being on Phase 1 for two weeks. I have been backsliding and have gained weight back since Christmas so I am determined to get back on track and have my ticker go down again back to where I was and beyond.

Baistamon sounds like you are doing great, keep up the good work. I started Day 1 today and it went well, TOM is here next week so I thought this would be the best week to start and hopefully get a big swoosh on the scale to get me super motivated to keep on going.

Celtic mom
04-27-2009, 10:16 AM
Good morning all - I am new to 3FC and am on day 11 of Phase 1 (again).

I tend to have the same things when I am doing Phase 1 just because I am always in a hurry, and I can't do eggs in the morning - upsets my stomach, so I have cottage cheese - and all my vitamins and allergy meds - I know, I'm pathetic!

I was bad yesterday and had a small piece of cake and a chocolate at a wedding shower, so might have to extend Phase 1 for a little longer.

BTW - this site is amazing! So glad I found it!!!!!

baristamon
04-27-2009, 03:01 PM
good morning p1 chicks! i'm on day 8 now, and still feeling great. just had a 2 egg frittata with spinach and mushrooms and a sprinkling of lf shredded mex blend cheese. delicious! working on my coffee as well and trying to plan the rest of the day's food. greek yogurt for snack, lunch will be hummus and veggies. dinner? hmm...maybe eggplant parmesan, before the eggplant i bought last week turns. 2nd snack will be dry toasted almonds. There, i did it! thanks for thinking with me hahaha!

Pearlrose
04-28-2009, 09:45 AM
Baristamon you are doing great, keep it up.
Celticmom you are almost at the finish line, I see how your cravings are going at day 14 shouldn't be craving sweets.

Today is day 4 of Phase 1- doing good so far no SB flu this time around yet. But I have been making sure to get my dairy and beans in hehe.

jennie934
04-28-2009, 10:18 AM
Hi everyone, I have been looking through the post and see lots of great recipies and menus for phase 1.
I am just starting today so I have lots of questions. I am switching from WW which I did forever and have just lost the desire to journal and have been having problems bingeing.
How manyof you tried to stick to the menus in the book? I made a grocery list from the menus and each day had such different meals that it would have cost me a fortune to get everything and a lot of it would have gone bad before I got back around to eating it. From your experiences, are you still as successful plannnig your own meals staying with in the allowed foods list?
I'm used to eating carbs for breakfast, oatmeal or kashi, it ussually sticks with me. Is it OK to have a few snacks in the morning if I'm hungry? The book only list one.
Since weight watchers is calorie counting and quantity, I was always looking to fill up on the least amount of food.
I'm sure I'll have more questions since you all seem to be experts.
Wish me luck!!!

murphmitch
04-28-2009, 10:57 AM
Jennie 934, I never used the menus in the book - just made up my own for the food list and recipes here. In Phase I you should eat when you're hungry.

I used to do weight watchers too, and I was afraid to eat without counting and measuring, but it was a relief to stop doing that too. South Beach was really freeing for me, but I remember being afraid it wouldn't work for me or that I would gain. Actually, it was the best thing that ever happened to me, weight wise, so I know you'll do OK.

jennie934
04-28-2009, 11:13 AM
thanks murphmitch. its seemed if I wasn't stickly weighing and measuring I would gain on WW. I had no wiggle room and I would go over then get frustrated and not track at all the next day. I know I should have been able to work through the frustration but I couldn't.
I hope SB will give me that freeing feeling too. I got to get back on the downward trend.

baristamon
04-28-2009, 08:01 PM
well when i first started, i joined the sbd online website (free 1 month membership) and the site offered daily/weekly meal plans, plus a shopping list based on your meals for the week. I spent like $250!! and i found a lot of the meals to be really involved and time consuming. so after the first week, i went solo and just started building my own menus/shopping lists from the recipes online. the recipes on this site are really awesome too. all the ones i've tried have been really easy, and i have a lot more that i've printed out to go thru! once you get the hang of the portions down, it should be really easy to freestyle it.

jennie934
04-29-2009, 11:20 AM
well its day two!! I am really cranky. I think its the sugar withdrawl. last night, my son was working my last nerve. I had to take a step back a reaslise, it probably wasn't all him, some of the crankyness was coming from me. I made his dinner then went and worked out for 45 minutes. I felt much better after that and had my own dinner. I made the eggplant lasagna that was posted here.
I'm still feeling a little cranky today, and headachey but I hope that will pass in a day or two.
How often do you all weigh yourself? I am a scale addict. I weigh myself all the time. I'm trying to hold off and weigh after a few days but its so hard not to jump on it just to take a peek in the morning.
have a great day!!!

murphmitch
04-29-2009, 07:24 PM
Jennie, I weighed myself once a week on the same day, same time. Still do. I don't have TOM anymore so I don't have the fluctuating water retention as so many do, so my weight loss was fairly steady.

losin it for good
04-29-2009, 08:02 PM
I weigh just about every day too, before I hop in the shower. I think it's a good way to monitor progress and stay on task.

Update on me: I am in week three and decided to continue without carbs for this week. I seem to be holding at an 8 lb. loss which I'm happy with, but I'm ready for some more to go away ;). I was slacking on exercise, so I think that could certainly be a factor. For the last few days I'm finding that I actually kind of have to force myself to eat...not really hungry or craving food.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

Celtic mom
04-29-2009, 09:39 PM
Good evening all! I have had next to no appetite for 2 days - I think work has just been too exhausting and I just want to go to bed ;)

I weigh myself before getting in the shower too. I have noticed that if I wait a half hour or so, and don't have anything to eat, I weigh less than I do if I weigh immediately after waking or after eating! Freaky huh?

adaminu
04-29-2009, 11:23 PM
I was reading all the posts on this thread and it is so interesting that I was feeling all the same things: anxiety about not measuring food since I come from WW too, the scale obsession, no appetite, and so on. None of my friends have any of these food struggles and feelings and even at WW it felt that nobody was really interested in anything about what I was going through, and here I feel like we are all in this journey together which helps to keeps us motivated and hopeful.

Thank you all so much

Adaminu:hug:

Ruthxxx
04-30-2009, 07:00 PM
Tomorrow is a new month, This thread is getting pretty long so I will close it and start a new one for May. I'll include the link back to this one for reference purposes. There's lots of good info and support in here!