Old 03-29-2009, 09:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Check My Ticker! :D

Height: 5'6"

Talking FINALLY! Some Good Comes Of Working At A Grocery Store!

I've recently got job working at a grocery store. That, my friends, is decidedly one of the worst places for someone who is trying to lose weight, to work.

Any hoot. Something good has finally come of it!
While being bored outta my gourd today, I picked up one of those women's magazines, and on the front cover it read: "Lose 43 pounds in a month by walking!"
The other girl I was working with and I, we just didn't believe it. So of course we had to see for ourselves.
According to the magazine, we need to walk the weight off, and we need to do it slowly. Exercising too fast makes you gain weight. (Whether or not this is true, I don't know. But it gave me a giggle)

All that aside, I read one of the women's stories. She lost 167 pounds in 16 months just by portion control and walking. She didn't cut anything out of her diet, and she walked a mile and a half every day, religiously, without fail.

LADIES.
(Pardon my yelling)
WHO AMONG US CAN NOT DO THOSE TWO VERY SIMPLE THINGS?

Portion control. Slowly cut down your intake. Easy peasy, correctomundo?
Walk a mile and a half every day, religiously. Alright, there may be days where some of us can't do that, but we can come up with an alternative. One that best fits our lifestyle.

I know some of you are thinking, "A mile and a half, that's a lot of walking!". You are absolutely right. Which is why you don't do it all at one time. A mile and a half is a mile and a half, whichever way you slice it. Walk a quarter mile six times. Half a mile three times. Walk a mile once, then half a mile later. However you want to do it...JUST DO IT.

I'm doing this ladies. I'm starting to notice a horrible decline in my health, to the point I am now getting scared.
And I'm begging you. All of you. Do this with me, if you aren't already.

If you don't have a diet plan, or if you find you are failing diet after diet, just do this with me. It's going to be so easy. I love all of you ladies so much, and I want to know that you all reach your weight loss goals with me.
redreine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/192/160

Height: 5'6"

thanks for posting! that is so true, and so achievable. how much time do we waste watching tv when we could go for a walk? or how many time after eating do we feel "stuffed" when if we had just ate half of the plate we would have felt satisfied and healthy?

my goal is to really watch my portions this week and cut back by at least 25% at all meals!
skinnywish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:06 AM   #3  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I'm with you!!! I'm so glad you found something good at the supermarket!

How do you want to work this? Shall we start our own thread?

Georgia
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 263/258/175

Height: 5'7"

I've been walking two miles a day, so I hope it pays off! I'm only on day #4, but I'm already kind of addicted to it. I really look forward to my walks. I might even walk more than two miles today.
fullhearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:34 AM   #5  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

I have to take my dog to the vet this week to get her last shots and I will be able to walk her outside for that amount of time. I do walk on the treadmill already, so that's helping. Thanks for the article, that was a good read it sounds like.
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Walking is fantastic. Good idea!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:13 AM   #7  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Great plan! I walk every single day to and from my kids school pushing a double stroller with a baby in a sling on my hip and walking the dog I think I should get double points for that
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote