Old 03-29-2009, 06:13 PM   #1  
Walk By Faith †

S/C/G: 269.5/ticker/153

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up New to MRC

I'm looking for anyone that has recentaly joined a MRC. Someone that we can share our journey together and give advice. My weight is 273/257/150. I just started so I have a LONG ways to go. But that first step has to be made to begin the journey. Let me know if you would like to chat!

Last edited by Dedge; 03-29-2009 at 06:13 PM.
Dedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 06:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 275/259/145

Height: 5'4

Hi, I joined MRC and then got off track and I am thinking seriously about going back. I called and they said I could rejoin for $99 dollars because I still have my maintance paid for. I would love to be your weight loss buddy. My name is Andrea, I'm 45, 5'4 and my starting weight was 275/259/145 its really slow for me. I have a goal of another 50 lbs by Oct. My hubby and I are going on a cruise for our 3 year wedding anniversary with some friends and I know I would be much happier with getting off 50lbsor more. I live in Panama City Florida.

What day did you join?

Andrea
mussit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:05 PM   #3  

Hey, this site won't let me respond to your message because I haven't posted 10 times... So here is the message I sent back to you.

Hi,

Thanks for writing me back.. I went and dug all of my pills out of the cabinet for MRC to see what I was low on so I can buy when I go in. Are you taking all the recommended pills. After reading alot of the posts on here, they were saying only the Flax seed and a multi vitamin is all that is needed. I was doing like five of the drinks also.

Good job on the weight loss.. Way to go.. YOu are off to a good start.
Do you have any of the instant messengers. If so I am aries32404 on yahoo and alhnpc on aol.

I will let you know what they say this week when I go in. The kids are out for spring break so I will have to see when I can get down there. We have a camping trip planned for this coming weekend also. We got rained out this weekend.

Anyways I will talk to you soon.

Andrea
Old 03-30-2009, 01:05 AM   #4  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Hi ladies! Feel free to join us on the main thread too - we're on take 33 now. There is lots of chatter & support. Good luck on your journies!
ShineOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 270/270/140

Height: 5ft 9in

Smile Southern girl

Good morning,
I'd like to know more about the MRC from real customers. I've very leary because I've thrown away a fortune with people promising the moon. I have about as much weight to lose as you do and i was wondering if i could impose on you to share the fee information.
Thanks.
Southern girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:35 PM   #6  

I am also in Panama City and am considering MRC... I also cannot email you yet due to being such a newbie... maybe we can keep in touch thru here until we can email each other
cruisein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:22 PM   #7  

I am considering joining MRC, I would love to chat with a few people that have just started too... I would like to get your opinions on what to expect, costs to expect, etc.
cruisein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:57 PM   #8  

Hello Everyone

I finally called today and I have appt for Friday to join MRC. I have tied to the house the last three weeks because I am having my bathroom remodeled. What a mess!!!

I will let you know how it goes on Friday. Hello to Cruisein from Panama City. I am from Panama City too, born and raised here. I can't email yet either due to the 20 postings.

I will keep checking back.

Andrea
Old 04-08-2009, 07:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Welcome all newbies.
I am new to MRC too. I am doing the program over the phone. Today was Day 1. I started precondition last Wednesday and have lost 1.5 pounds so far. Good luck to all of us.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:35 PM   #10  
Lyndsey

S/C/G: 254/239/150

Hey there i am too new to this website and also MRC and so far im doing the preconditioning and soo far i like it i have just started today, the only thing i am struggleing with is the 64 ounces a day that is kinda hard for me cause im not crazy about water lol. But i am super ready for a change in my lifestyle and my size lol good luck to all of you
BeBlissful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:08 AM   #11  
Janett41

S/C/G: 263/256/192

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern girl View Post
Good morning,
I'd like to know more about the MRC from real customers. I've very leary because I've thrown away a fortune with people promising the moon. I have about as much weight to lose as you do and i was wondering if i could impose on you to share the fee information.
Thanks.
Hi Southerngirl, i am a newbie, too. Yesterday was 4 weeks since precond and I have lost 15 lbs. For me, this has been a miracle!! I have NEVER, EVER gone 4 weeks on a program of ANY kind before and not only not cheated, but not WANTED to cheat, This is an AWESOME program and I am SOO grateful I started it! I am doing this by phone, too, and even without a center nearby, I wouldn't change it for the world! Good luck!
janett41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:10 AM   #12  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I started my pre-conditioning on 4/9 and am down 5 lbs as of this morning. I go to my food instruction class on 4/24 am am rather apprehensive as to how it will change what I'm currently eating as I'm learning to manage with the new eating habits. will it be harder than what I'm doing now? I've never really been a salad person, but when i add chicken to it I can eat it and realize it's really not that bad. I don't like dressing so I don't have to worry about that aspect.

I went to the grocery store on sunday and it felt REALLY good to buy healthy stuff instead of all the 'bad' stuff. You should have seen my cart, my husband's microwave meals, and then all the fresh fruits/veggies for me!
noahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:44 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 360/341/160

Height: 5.5

Hi everyone. I have been on the MRC plan for a 3 and a half weeks. I have lost 19.5 lbs and 18.5 inches!! I am so excited. I have not had any cravings for anything other than chocolate. A couple of times I reeaallly wanted some chocolate. I didn't though. If I can get past those cravings I will be okay. Overall I have been more active but I haven't started any formal excercise plan yet. That is my next step. I bought Richard Simmonds Sweatin to the Oldies DVD's. I did those when I was in Weight Watchers years ago and liked them. They are almost an hour though so it is hard to find time to do them. Since I started this plan I spend a lot of time in the evenings preparing food for dinner and planning for the next day. I am really excited as this is the only plan that has worked for me the last few years and really the only one I have been able to get motivated on. Good luck everyone!
kachiabha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:59 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Cost of MRC plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern girl View Post
Good morning,
Thanks.
Hey Southern Girl,
I understand the trepidation, I was leary as well but found great info and inspiration at this site. There is a great group of people here in all stages of their weight loss including several in maintenance etc. This is a very do-able plan, the first plan I have ever been on that does not require me to bust my butt 24/7 w/exercise just to lose weight and is balanced and nutritious. As far as cost ... I drink approx 4 HNS per day so I spend around $180-200/mo. on these - they are usually on sale at my center for $10/box when you buy 5 boxes and there are 7 packets per box. There are websites where you can get these for same price dietdirect.com and bariatricdiet.com as well.

OK so I'm going to level with you. As far as supplements, that is completely up to you - check out the many posts on this on other parts of this site. Some go for it all MRC-6, Cortitrim, Flax, B6 & B12, Internal Cleanser, Enhancer, Phentatrim etc. What I did was on my first visit, I went ahead with the discounted package plan that included a bunch of drinks, a box of Meal replacement bars, cookbook, water bottle, internal cleanser, fat and carb blocker, Enhancer. The cost for program was around $270 (at 72 lbs to lose), add $99 if paying for maintenance and finally for the the pills above another 250 or so ... I believe the grand total was $550 when I started. BUT REMEMBER... YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY ALL THAT. I just did it b/c I wanted to do everything I could to lose this weight and just took there advise as word. Since then I've read everyone's comments and many people are on just a MV, Flax seed oil (over the Counter at local grocery store) and maybe the MRC-6 ($35 for 180 capsules, take 2 capsules 3 x a day) and that's it and it appears there all losing quite well. I personally plan to continue the Cortitrim ($75 for 180 - should last 1 mo.) until I run out and then will get the Cortislim (OTC - much cheaper), I'll also continue the MV, Flax seed oil (I get mine at Sams Club very cheap) and MRC-6. I've added B12 sublingual - helps alot w/energy for me. As far as the drinks, you can do it cheaper, Mo posted a recipe using Egg beater egg whites (1/2 cup), crystal light mix and water which equals about 12 g of protein, 60 calories - very similar to the drinks. I've tried it, tastes fine, just hard to adjust to mentally. There is also Whey Protein you can buy OTC and try to make a drink using this with crystal light as well to save $$. I'm thinking of trying this in the near future.

So basically, once you've paid for the program, the rest is just drinks and supplements and that is controlled by you. You are required to have at least 2-3 drinks per day depending on the plan you're on. I'm on beige, requires min. 3/day. They don't keep track of how many drinks you are buying so don't worry about that. Not long ago I started to think this diet was too expensive but when i stopped to really think about it, Weight watchers charged $11/week many years ago, who knows how much now just to weigh you and that plan did nothing for me, no one-on-one etc. Jenny Craig cost me $120/week for food at the center and then another $100/week at the grocery store - now that is too expensive! Atkins cost a fortune b/c meat is so expensive and you consume so much of it and the fake sweets to make up for your cravings that it is super expensive as well. So, I've decided, in the end, it's not that expensive to do MRC after all, it's only temporary, I can find substitutes or just do w/o some of the stuff and get by pretty cheap. Hope this helps and good luck to you!
Karen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:25 PM   #15  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 270.5/259.5/209

Height: 5' 8"

Default Just Started MRC

Hello, I am brand new to MRC and looking for all the support I can get! I am very unsure about how to do this blog, so please be paitient.

What were your first weigh in experiences like? did you lose alot? or just a little? I lost 2.5 lbs in preconditioning, and then started the program on Saturday, and by monday night, I'd lost another 6.5 lbs.....I know this won't continue....so I'm a little nervous about that. I think just cutting out so much diet soda from my daily menu has really contributed to my weightloss...
shan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote