Old 03-29-2009, 09:20 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Question Greek Yogurt & Soy Creamer Questions

Hi:
Is plain greek yogurt allowable for induction? it has 120 calories 7 grams of carbs and 22 grams of protein. for 1 cup I

also any thoughts on Soy Creamer (I'm not a veggie it's just one of the few things that survive the week in my work fridge)
Thanks!
Kierie

Last edited by KO; 03-29-2009 at 09:20 AM.
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:25 AM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Dr. Atkins was quite clear regarding Induction...."Eat NOTHING that is not on the acceptable foods list". That being said, to answer your questions....no, greek yogurt (or any yogurt for that matter) is not permitted during Induction. It would be added on the 2nd rung of the carb ladder during the OWL phase of Atkins
Soy is a legume, therefore, it also is not permitted during Induction and would also be added during OWL on the 6th rung of the carb ladder.
I hope that helps
All the best to you!

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 03-29-2009 at 10:27 AM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:32 AM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Thanks Jersey!
I'll check the exp date if I have some time I'll stick it in the back of the fridge
if not I'll pawn it off on someone else! As for the soy creamer it will meet mr garbage on Monday!
I'm going to Try Linda's Low carb spinach Lasagna! Just with Turkey
I had WLS and me and fatty or really dense meat are NOT FRIENDS!
Thanks!!
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote