Old 03-28-2009, 12:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 340/290/155

Height: 5'6

Default Hello from a guy! ::eek::

Hello all!

I just joined MRC on February 28, 2009 and realized I was the only guy in my center. Then when I looked online for any MRC support forums, I realized that I may be the only guy on this new way of life! Ah well, that's ok.

Like I said, I started on February 28, 2009 and weighed in at 340. I remember it well because I had a large pizza and wings from Pizza Hut with my family to celebrate my last day of freedom! lol.

Good news is so far is I am currently at 308 in the afternoons and 303 in the morning. So, I'm loosing weight like crazy. Thirty pounds in lesss than a month or 33 days or something like that.

Bad news is I am funneling money to them like a heroin addict. I had to put a stop to the money issue as I was spending 50 bucks a week just on the protein drinks and then another 300 a month on the supplements. The phentratrim and MRC6 alone is combined around 160 bucks! So this month I lowered my drinks to only 2 a day and I bought my own omega oils for 80% cheaper at WalMart.

I love the menu. Don't get me wrong. It definetely works for me very well, but I can tell some of those girls at MRC are more of sales professionals than weight loss consultants. I met a girl who was in the office from another center and she told me "just take whats on the contract and whatever you can afford right now. " She did tell me the benefits on the supplements but you can tell she wasn't trying to sell me something. Which is refreshing.

Another thing....can anyone tell the difference with the MRC6? Its supposed to be up to 900 times your metabolism but I find that hard to believe. Has anyone gotten off of it to see if you were loosing just the same as you were on it?

Thanks for any replies and glad to be here with the ladies!
RobH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 03:33 PM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

ROB H ~ I don't know much about the MRC, but the only supplements I take are two "DAILY" vitamins with minerals, B50 complex, and during the winter, I started on 500 Vitamin C and 1000 ui of Vitamin D3. I just doubled my DAILY at my docs suggestion and I have noticed that my cravings have lessened considerably (I was feeling like I was famished, and this has almost completely gone away).

You are quite welcome to mingle amongst all the lovely ladies here, but we do have a men's thread in the WEIGHT LOSS SUPPORT forum; check it out as they are a nice group of guys. There is a lots of great information on this site and the people are very supportive too! GOOD LUCK on your new journey ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 03:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

900 times your metabolism? In all my reading I have never found anything that actually can increase metabolism except eating more frequently and exercise. I would indeed be interested if this is true.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 04:00 PM   #4  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

I've lost 100 lbs on MRC. Start with the basics, multi-vitamin, flax seed oil is very important. Then add as needed. The MRC-6 lowers my bp too much, so I only took 1 with each meal. Come on over to the main thread - take 33 - I think!

And you are not the first guy on our thread - we have had many successful "losers". We're here to support you in your journey! Glad you found us!!
ShineOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 05:48 PM   #5  
Walk By Faith †

S/C/G: 269.5/ticker/153

Height: 5'7"

Your not the only guy....my husband joined with me. His first weigh in was 341.5Congratulations on the weight you have lost already! We have been with them for a week now...he has lost 5 and I lost 7!

Last edited by Dedge; 03-28-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Dedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:13 PM   #6  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Welcome Rob (RobH)

Welcome to 3FC,

Yep, some of us are guys, certainly a minority, but we are around and about on different threads.

Congrats on the one month anniversary of your new eating plan. Sounds like your body is responding well with that much loss so far. I can't offer any thoughts about MRC but I do like the idea of rolling your own using regularly priced products.

To get an idea of the range of guys on the site, you could visit:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161900

See you around.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 07:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Hi Rob and welcome. We have a number of men in the forums. We have some with outstanding success Charles and Botz are two that come to mind.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Welcome, Rob!! You're not alone...I've seen lots of men at my MRC center in Bellevue, NE in the last 6 months that I've been on program. Sorry there aren't any on our MRC thread currently but I think you'll still find most of our conversations applicable to men or women. Congrats on your loss so far!

I started out on MRC taking nothing but flax seed oil (from Walmart) and a multi vitamin and I lost fine. When my losses started to slow down, I decided to try the Phentratrim. I took that for a month and a half and saw no difference at all in my numbers. I then switched to MRC6. It seems that I have really lost the inches since I started taking that but I was also smaller by then too so I'm not sure if it's the MRC6 or just being able to see the inch loss because I had less to lose by then. Hope that makes sense.

Last edited by KeepinOnandOn; 03-29-2009 at 06:55 PM.
KeepinOnandOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:27 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Welcome Rob!

Hey Rob,
Welcome to the forum ... I too have seen several men at my MRC location in Savannah, GA. Your losses are incredible so keep up the great work! I started out on the MRC 6, Cortitrim, Flax Seed, MV so I've been debating what to do when I run out of these supplements as well. I've heard there are some good alternatives similar to these but cheaper at walmart/health food stores so I visited a health food store today, no luck, would have to buy products individually in order to get the majority of it in. I haven't tried walmart yet to look for a comparable combo but I'll try that tomorrow. Anyways, good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
Hello all!

I just joined MRC on February 28, 2009 and realized I was the only guy in my center. Then when I looked online for any MRC support forums, I realized that I may be the only guy on this new way of life! Ah well, that's ok.

Like I said, I started on February 28, 2009 and weighed in at 340. I remember it well because I had a large pizza and wings from Pizza Hut with my family to celebrate my last day of freedom! lol.

Good news is so far is I am currently at 308 in the afternoons and 303 in the morning. So, I'm loosing weight like crazy. Thirty pounds in lesss than a month or 33 days or something like that.

Bad news is I am funneling money to them like a heroin addict. I had to put a stop to the money issue as I was spending 50 bucks a week just on the protein drinks and then another 300 a month on the supplements. The phentratrim and MRC6 alone is combined around 160 bucks! So this month I lowered my drinks to only 2 a day and I bought my own omega oils for 80% cheaper at WalMart.

I love the menu. Don't get me wrong. It definetely works for me very well, but I can tell some of those girls at MRC are more of sales professionals than weight loss consultants. I met a girl who was in the office from another center and she told me "just take whats on the contract and whatever you can afford right now. " She did tell me the benefits on the supplements but you can tell she wasn't trying to sell me something. Which is refreshing.

Another thing....can anyone tell the difference with the MRC6? Its supposed to be up to 900 times your metabolism but I find that hard to believe. Has anyone gotten off of it to see if you were loosing just the same as you were on it?

Thanks for any replies and glad to be here with the ladies!
Karen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote