Support Groups - Back in Kindergarten #75

View Full Version : Back in Kindergarten #75

FrouFrou
03-27-2009, 05:21 PM
Hello & :welcome: to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey!
So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke etc. and pull up a chair and join us!

:coffee: :wave: :grouphug: :cofdate: :coffee2: :wave: :coffee:

FrouFrou
03-27-2009, 05:26 PM
Back again for a few minutes...

SUSAN...I didn't realize you were so close to the hospital, that is great. No, no where near any flooding and I have no intentions of getting out in this weather...it is horrid. I've heard of Flirty with 40 but can't recall what it is about...will have to look it up-I will need some good reading this weekend!

Anyway...nothing going on. Got some laundry done and that is about it.

Have a good one!

luckycharm
03-27-2009, 06:26 PM
Hi Everyone

Just popping in really quick to say hi. Just trying to get everything done before we leave on Sunday. Have to be at the airport by 6:00 am, and it is a 50 minute drive from here. Going to be a cranky day for me. I can tell already. :lol:

Jules :hug: to you and your mom. Darn kids.

Cristina - :hug: Glad that you are back and sound like yourself. I hope that the bad weather passes you over, but you get a relaxing weekend anyway.

Mindee - Glad that you are enjoying the Wii. When I get back I am going to try and do it alittle more.

Francie - TG that Lacey is finally gone. I was surprised that he still kicked another one off after he kicked her off.

SusieQ - Are you getting some sleep this week? What new things will the girls teach Gaby this week? (Make up? Manicures? Pedicures?) Didn't think Cole had it in him to hit anyone. Glad he stood up for himself though. Cole is not the only one in that class that gets picked on. This boy does something to whomever is standing the closest to him.

Katy - What new knitting project are you working on now?

Sue - Is it bike riding weather for you yet?

Sassy - :hug: sorry that you are in pain. You will have to post some pictures so we can see your beautiful new house.

Tammy, Michelle, Asia, and Robin...hello to you ladies. Hope all is good with you all.

K...Must run.

tommysgirl18
03-27-2009, 10:50 PM
just popping in here for a few minutes.....Tommy went and met a friend of his at the bar.....the boys are sleeping and Marissa is being Miss Cranky Pants for some reason.....

I am about to head off of here and look for some more music for my player.......

I just might hop on the Wii Fit again, but I am not promising that one since I was on there earlier today!

Sassy_Chick
03-28-2009, 05:06 AM
Hey Chicks.

Suzy Q -- Glad your bday was a good one. I'm glad your kitty isn't sneezing anymore. I think they are a lot like us, sometimes they get colds or have allergies or just get to sneezing! I'd think I'd crumble too if something happened to my cat too. :hug:

Kathy -- I do have some posted on myspace. Do you have a myspace page?? If not I can email some too you. Just PM me your info.

I hope your all doing well.

:hug:

Shopaholic1204
03-28-2009, 10:11 AM
Susan~Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!!! I hope you had a good bday!!

Kathy~YAY!! She's gone!!! The guys seemed to have done well without her too. She was holding them back. "I cant cook meat!!!!!" Omg, what a freakin whiner!! I loved it last week when Robert said she should cook in a mental hospital, so she can get some help. Omg..me & Fonzo laughed sooo hard!!!! I think the only reason why he kicked one of the girls out, was cuz they had lost. Although, I was hoping Carol would be the one to leave..he sent L.A home!!! I liked her..even though she was slacking a little bit, lol.

Sorry I've been MIA again, lol. I've been having some weird sleeping problems lately. Going to bed too early, waking up too early. Like wtf. Last night I went to bd at 3am..and I woke up at 7am!!! The stupid cats woke me up. I just wanna get a good night's sleep!!!!!!!!!!! I mean ya, I do get a good rest...but I wanna go to bed at a normal hour. Like at 11pm. Not at 6pm, lol. Hopefully it was just a TOM thing. And now that its over, I'll be able to sleep normally again, lol.

Anyways..thats about it with me.

Mom2Gaby
03-28-2009, 01:46 PM
Good Morning -

I am on my way to Portland to pick up the Gabster. Her father has been in town to see his father the last few days and I wanted him to pick her up and save me a trip. When I told Gaby that she bawled and said "I want you to pick me up!!!!" And the other girls wimper too........sheesh, didn't know I was so wanted. lol

So, filled up w/ gas, oil for the car and coffee for me and off I go again over the mountain.

Cristina - It is Jane Porter about the Flirting w/ 40. I guess it was a Lifetime movie too w/ Heather Locklear??? I Just read that on Porters site. When I am on the computer before work I am that close but I live about 7 miles from work. blah - blah , does that make sense?? And today I am at a different computer. lol

Francie- I would love to go to bed at 6pm! lol I actually go to bed (when I can) at 7:30 w/ Gaby. Older people get up at the crack of dawn. I swear....I was up before the birds started chirpping this morning.

Sassy- I was thinking it was the kitty litter that was making him sneeze. The week before I sprayed air freasher that I got from work and he was sick for 2 days....he threw up and laid around. I thought I killed him. Anyway, the spray was the only thing different and it said on the can "harmful to domestic animals" and I sprayed it in his box. lol
Thank goodness he is still alive! I love him so much.

Kathy - Where are you going?? I guess I missed that, have a safe trip wherever it is.....

Mindee- Marissa sounds like a cutie. Hope she is feeling better today.

Has anyone picked up the People magazine w/ Valerie Bertinelli??? I did last night, she looks really great. I don't think I could ever get in a bikini in front of everyone. I was just kind of stumped when she said she is a size 6. You would think she would be a size 0 or a 2 at her 123 weight. I am a 6 at 144...., whatever. I just think she is smaller. Pretty sure, but what do I know. lol

better get off my butt and get to town!

chat later.

FrouFrou
03-28-2009, 07:46 PM
Hello all...

KATHY...have a safe, fun trip! Such a GREAT MIL to take you all to Disneyland, or was it Disneyworld? Anyway, that was really nice of her.

SUSAN...I will never understand the sizing stuff...even when I was a lot smaller, at 135 I wore a 12/14...just depends on how we are built I guess...no idea. Then there are people who are at 155 and say they wear a 4...must be giants, lol. Anyway...I was wondering why that sounds familiar...I started watching that movie one evening and got sidetracked and started doing something. I get what you are saying about computer/distance. Bet Gaby will be so happy to see her momma.

Nothing going on here. The snow strom we were supposed to get was mainly ice...V was trying to shovel the porch and deck and there is, or rather was about 1 1/2 inches of ice. We did get some snow mixed in but nothing like they predicted...the western part of the state got the brunt of it I guess. Anyway...it's melting now...just hope we didn't lose any trees or shrubs and have to replace that crap. Anyway...probably spent the majority of the day on the computer, lol...oh well...nothing else to do, lol. Now I am going to go read some and watch some more stupid movies.

Have a great weekend!

luckycharm
03-28-2009, 11:04 PM
Hi ladies.

Susan - Isn't it great to be loved? Actually it is great that all the girls need you, even when they are teenagers. We are going to California for the week. MIL is taking the whole family.

Francie - Make sure you watch on Thursday, as I will probably miss it and you will need to fill me in on all the little details.

Cristina - It is nice of my MIL to take everyone, however it is not easy when you only do what they want to do, and well I will leave it at that. This time will be very difficult because they (MIL and BIL) have been on my case about DS#1 college application getting in, and he has decided to take a year off so that he can work and save up some money so that he will not have to take out a student loan. He has enough for the first year, now just needs to work for 1 more year and he will have enough to pay for his degree. They will not like this decision.

Mindee - have you filled up your MP3 player yet? How many songs does it hold? Cole wanted us to pack the wii fit and take it with us on vacation. :lol: I had to tell him we would be to busy to play it.

Well I must go, so I hope that you all have a great week. I will chat with you all when I get back.

:grouphug:

Sassy_Chick
03-29-2009, 10:39 AM
Hola.

Well tonight its "back to the ole grind" yippee.........:p Actually I'm gonna be glad to go back. I've been bored........Since I injured myself I haven't been able to do anything around the house and so its been so boring!!!! At least at work I can do some things! TG my job is a sit-down job! hee hee.

Anyways...........DH isn't feelin' well. Yay........I hope he isn't getting anything........cuz you know how that goes..........once he gets it, then I get it, etc, etc........

Suzy Q -- Yeah could have been the spray. My kitty has been barfin' again. He gorges his food.........So I have to do him like I do me and give him little bits at a time! HA! Won't hurt him to lose a few pounds anyways! lol. Yes I love my kitty too. Infact its the Anniversary of the Death of our other kitty who passed away 3 years ago. *sniff sniff* Anyways, take care dear!

Kathy -- I pm'd you my email addy and sent you the link to my photobucket. That way you can see my house! :D Mind you that is before we moved in, I plan on taking more pictures once everything is unpacked and all nice and neat. ;) It's getting there, slowly but surely! :)

Well won't take up anymore of your all's time.

Have a Great Sunday!

Shopaholic1204
03-29-2009, 11:07 AM
Susan~Ugh..I usually wake up before the birds are chirpping, lol. The cats are wide awake though. But thankfully last night, I went to bed at midnight and woke up at 9am!! Woohoo!!

Kathy~I hope you have a fun time at Disneyland!!!! Make sure you check out the Winnie the Pooh ride!! It's one of my faves, lol. I will watch HK on thursday for sure!!! You know I wouldnt miss it!!! LoL!!!

Sassy~I wanna see your house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cristina~Hey..hows it going?????

OKay well..nothing much is going on with me. Fonzo had a watch last night from 9pm to 2am. I was bored out of my mind. So I just messed around on myspace and surfed the web for all Twilight related stuff, lol. I finally passed out around midnight..and then Fonzo came home and made a bunch of noise, lol. I dont remember what he was doing, but I remember yelling at him for being annoying, LOL!! I think we need to get a king size bed. Because every single cat was on the bed..and me & Fonzo were all wedged together in the middle. I couldnt move at all..and I was burning up from everyone's body heat!!! So I kept dreaming about the Twilight guys (lol..I'm a loser) and having them cool me off w/their cold vampire bodies, LOL!!!

OHH...We're gonna start playing badmittin!!! YAY!! I'm so excited..and ya, I know I spelled it wrong, but whatever, lol. We're not gonna buy a net though. And we're also gonna start playing racket ball. Even though I've never played that before. Fonzo says its fun. I wanna go roller skating today, buttttt its all rainy outside. Ugh..when will the sun come out?!!!? I'm sick of this gloomy Washington weather!!!!!!!!!!! Grrrr

Okay..gonna go find something to do while Fonzo is sleeping. Hmmm..maybe I'll watch Twilight..lol

jules1216
03-29-2009, 11:12 AM
Sassy--sorry you hurt yourself. That's never good.

Kathy--a week vacation sounds wonderful....we haven't done more than day trips in years...hubby doesn't trust anyone to take care of the dogs...plus we are trying to be debt free and he's working on his credit cards..he makes his final motorcycle payment in April. Can't wait until it gets a little warmer-want to take Dominic to the National Zoo in DC.

Cristina--we have just been getting cold rain. Dominic is mad cause he can't go outside. We did spend the day outside on Friday--it was cloudy but not too bad. I feel like I am constantly picking up with Dominic here..that boy can get into some stuff. He loves books though...he will bring as many as he can carry to you.

SuzyQ--aw the R's love you!!! Gaby is such a momma's girl, I bet she missed you. I think Valerie Bertinelli is on the short side...I can't remember but I think she's like 5'3'???, that may make up for the same size/different weight thing.

Francie--I guess you are our next birthday girl...Ry's bday is on Wednesday, he will be 24. We aren't going anywhere trip wise with the move and Mom and everyone's stress level. He wants to go to a fave restaurant and that will be it. He has a job interview on Monday at Ruby Tuesdays, he put in apps last week and they set up the interview on the spot. His friend works at the Daily Grind and she said she might be able to get him on for a couple of shifts that would work around an evening cooking job. There's always the Pizza Hut job...but he really doesn't want to work there. He thinks it would get really boring making just pizzas.

Mindee--could Marissa be cutting her two year molars??? Dominic gets so unusually fussy when he has gotten his teeth in. He just has those two year molars left.

The kids got moved out, Ry's friend Chris locked Teri in the Uhaul and when my brother opened it up, she didn't duck to make room for the door coming back in and got hit pretty hard. She said she saw stars. Bobby said he was just glad that he didn't let it go and the door fly back in full force. She's got a pretty good size knot.

We are redoing our bathroom...it started with a leaky toilet that hubbyfixed and then he decided he wanted to put in jacuzzi tub....we are taking up the carpet (why does anyone ever put carpet in the bathroom???) and going to out down tile or maybe just one piece of linoleum (sp?) and we have the tub, just have to tear out the old one...I can't wait...

Hubby decided to wait on putting the bamboo wood floor in the living room and hallway until it's warm enough to take out the woodstove. He will put it back after we are done.

Well, back to laundry...and picking up after Dominic....

Shopaholic1204
03-29-2009, 12:31 PM
Jules~Yup..offically one month until my bday!! I'll be the big 2-4. I told Fonzo that he's in charge of planning my bday for just me & him. So he's like taking his time thinking of something, lol. But I'm gonna have a little party with my friends on the 26th. Happy early bday to Ry!! Hope he gets the job. I love Ruby Tuesdays!! I like making pizza. But ya..I can see how that would get boring day after day.

Mom2Gaby
03-29-2009, 12:53 PM
I just want to go home now!

The drama of the R's is overwhelming, I think I need a bagel to sooth my nerves. ha

I had a blueberry muffin w/ oatmeal for breakfast, last night we had corn beef w/ cabbage and steamed carrots. It was so good. I usually gain when in town but I think I did ok this time because I laid off on the wine and kettle chips.

Gaby was happy to see me, she smelled though. It made we wonder when her last bath was, sheesh.
Spent the day w/ my sisters traveling to the country to see her daughter at her paternal grandmothers house (the niece lives there for now). Gaby got to ride a horse, grandma has 7 horses and 7 Chows, chickens and oodles of cats. It was hard to get Gab to leave, it was fun.
Annoyed w/ my sister because she let my nephew sit up front while I sat in back w/ Rach and Gaby. She spoils her children, I don't. lol Whatever.....I didn't make a fuss about it but I wouldn't have stuck an adult in back while my child rode up front.

Cristina- I think the article in People said VB is 5'4 but on an entertainment show it said 5'2. She is kind of small, if I was 123 and a size 6 I would be pissed. lol Playing around on the computer all day sounds like fun! I wish I had a computer in the house, I am always having to rush w/ my stupid hour limit the library gives me. lol

Jules- Ouch. Hope Teri's head is ok. It was scary (and sad)last week about Natasha Richardson and her head injury. Carpet in the bathroom is gross,and if it is that old shag crap I don't even wanna hear about it. lol That stuff was ungodly.

Francie - At least the kitties are earning their keep by keeping you warm in bed. Momo keeps my feet warm, he always likes to sleep on them. I hate to move and disturb him so my feet fall asleep. haha

Sassy - sorry about the kitties anniversary :hugs:. Momo is 14 pounds, he is so wide. lol Hope hubby is feeling better and you don't catch what he has!

Kathy- You're going to Disneyland? Now I remember. Hope you all have a safe trip! R's are fighting, I wish they would get along. I just want to go home. lol

Katy- Thought of you driving thru the village this morning getting my coffee! It is starting to look pretty w/ things in bloom. I had ice on my car windows, wassup w/ that? I can't wait for summer!

Mindee- How is Marissa feeling today??

Sue - Where are you?

I better get off my butt and gather up Gaby's crap. Chat later.

RosieKate
03-29-2009, 02:34 PM
Good morning!
I'm procrastinating...need to get my walk in, but keep messing around on the computer. I am still exercising everyday...scale was down to 171 this week, but probably isn't today because i drank wine and ate some homemade pizza last night. I also baked bread and i tell ya, that stuff is like crack--or at least what I imagine crack to be like, lol! I'm shipping J off to Outdoor school today and we are all a little mopey about it. He know he is going ot have a good time, but he keeps hugging us is expressing some reservations about being gone until Friday. I think once he gets on the bus he'll be fine. Me on the other hand ..sniff, sniff.

Susan- Yesterday was miserable wasn't it? At least it's not raining at the moment...another good reason to get my walk in today. As for knitting - just do it :) it's a great hobby - and I can help you if you need it. I know lots of great online resources and I can meet up with you on one of your Portland visits.

Francie - I bet Fonzo comes up with something great for your birthday. Maybe a king size bed? jk skating and racket ball sound like so much fun. We went roller skating on Saturday and I just loved it, want to do it more often.

Kathy - I link my blog posts to Facebook, so if you are over there I did post today and have some new knitting projects on there. Here's (http://rosiekate.wordpress.com) the link for you ( and anyone else who wants to take a look)

Ack - I have to get moving! I hope to come back and write some more later..Hope everyone else is having a great day!

FrouFrou
03-29-2009, 03:14 PM
Well the crap is melting, thank goodness...made for a big mess! DS#1 got stuck in the driveway on his fourth try. The snow/ice piled up quite a bit at the end of the driveway and it's at a slant/little hill...it was just a sheet of ice in the driveway but yay it's melting. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the high 50's so...

Nothing going on...same old, same old, just a lazy Sunday. Going to read some and get some laundry done and that is about it.

SUSAN...I think Valerie B. looks GREAT! no matter what size. I didn't think she looked bad before.

FRANCIE...I am sure Fonzo has something special planned for you BD! Funny the kitties sleep with you, I wouldn't be able to handle that...I am a bed hog, lol. You will get a good workout with r-ball.

JULES...ouch to Teri...hoping she is feeling okay today! Hoping Ry gets the job :crossed: And what a treat...I would love to have a jet tub...would be great to just sit and soak. Hoping the weather is better today so little Dominic can get out to play.

Guess I'll go do whatever it is I am doing today...have a good day.

Mom2Gaby
03-29-2009, 03:29 PM
Cristina - what are you reading? You probably have said already, sorry. I am soooo ready for this winter weather to be over.

Katy - thanks for the offer! I guess I have whined about wanting to learn how to knit long enough. lol I was whining about my having to get fifty cent refills to save money and everyone gives me starbucks cards for my birthday....lol. I think I have $65 dollars in gift cards now. yay. And it was miserable weather yesterday. The rain kind of meshed w/ the horse poop so I couldn't figure out where to step....is it mud or horse poop mush? :dizzy:
Outdoor school is so much fun! I am sure DH will have a great time, you can send a note to him if that helps!
Becky is suppose to do the counselor training on the 4th.

anyway, gave G a bath and packed up the car. We're going home! Chat later.

tommysgirl18
03-29-2009, 05:42 PM
just thought I would pop in quickly.....

we had date night last and we went to Longhorn steakhouse....then we went to Dave & Buster's to hang out and play some games. it was a lot of fun, and it was nice to get out again without the kids.

the kids are doing well.....Marissa isn't as snotty sounding as she has been. but she could be getting her two year molars......I forgot about all the teething that they do!

FrouFrou
03-30-2009, 12:13 PM
Morning all...

Susan...I am actually reading 2 books, The Time Travelers Wife and ???, forgot the name of it...one of those quickie little, goofy love stories by Janet Evanovich.

I too am ready for winter to done with, ugh! I think it pretty much is here now. The last three or four years we have had a snow storm in March and then that was it so, fingers crossed. Supposed to be up to 60 today so it's mostly melted already...but then we are supposed to get rain later...so we will be wet for a few days.

Bet it is good to be home...no place like home.

Anyway...that's all I have.

Have a great Monday!

Shopaholic1204
03-30-2009, 12:38 PM
Omg..I loved The Time Traveler's Wife!!!! They're making that into a movie!! I cannot wait for it.

suetalks
03-30-2009, 01:13 PM
Monday, Monday......Sorry to be tardy. :)

Haven't felt well here, and going to the Dr. tomorrow. Same old things for 4 years now...right side pain, nausea, etc. I have always thought it was gallbladder related, but now I am not sure. Since mom has had her kidney trouble I have found that she has a birth defect (kidney) and it just didn't bother her except once in the 90's and now. I also found out an aunt and grandfather had kidney birth defects. All on the right side. Back in '91 my then Dr. told me that my kidney was not "quite" in the right place, but that it should not ever become a problem. I remembered this after finding out all the other kidney info in the family. Sooooo...I am going to advise my Dr. of all the family history and I just bet he will do a kidney scan. Maybe I will be blessed with finally having a diagnosis and a remedy. At least I will know and will not be as old as mom who can not have surgery for her problem due to her heart condition. I could at least have surgery if it is required. *fingers crossed* that it is not required, but that it is something easily medicated.

Okay...I didn't mean to get into Medical History 101. Just wanted you all to know why I have not been here..and know I am taking care of it the best I can.

Haven't exercised and of course, not eating right. I will WI on April Fools Day and go from there. I bet I am back UP to 170 or higher. Grrrr....

Be back tomorrow.....

Mom2Gaby
03-30-2009, 01:24 PM
Good Morning -

Sue - grrrrrr to your 170 and grrrrr to 150 ((I was 144 on Friday!!!!!)) for me. Here I thought I was doing just peachy over the last few days
and I F-ING gained, and it wasn't even on wine! That is what pisses me off the most. lol Corn beef and cabbage?? Blueberry Muffins?? WTH

I am glad you are back, can't keep up w/ all the medical though, just my numb butt.:D

Cristina - I will have to look for The Time Travelers Wife later today at the library. I am almost done w/ Flirting w/ 40. Almost makes me want to spend my federal refund on a trip to Hawaii for sex. Sheesh, I can see doing what *Jackie* did at 40 but not at 45........I am mature now. lol

:wave: to Mindee & Francie - hope you gals have a good Monday.

I better get, have tons of housework and need to get groceries in the house. I was in a pre or post pms mood last night and cut myself some bangs. But I did them too short so I am using boppy pins (sp) to pull them back.....kind of like a Pebbles hair do now. OMG- I will never get a date again. And I can't find any eye place that will take my medical!! Way frustrating.

oh, I did manage to get Gab in the next Shark class! You have to be on the ball for that because it gets filled up so fast.

k- carry on........

Sassy_Chick
03-30-2009, 11:08 PM
Hey all.

I am just grrrrrrr. :mad: Just tired of dealing with insurance and people. Why do I pay all this money for insurance and they continually have to battle me? I feel like just giving up. :shrug:

Tired of people wanting to change me. Why am I not good enough? :?: I dunno maybe I should just shut up.........

tommysgirl18
03-31-2009, 12:43 AM
:tantrum: :censored: :bomb:

I am so fricken mad right now! we just opened up a new bank account with both of our names on it, and I was catching up the checkbook with what it said online....well, I signed on and saw that our available balance was $87.42 and I know that we should have more than that in there.

sure enough, there is a pending charge on the account for $799.28 and neither one of us used the card for that amount! Tommy is already not feeling well because he thinks he has the flu or the 24 hour stomach bug. Now, he is not going to work because he isn't feeling well.....but instead he has to go to the bank to find out where the purchase was made and to put a stop payment on it!

tommysgirl18
04-01-2009, 01:30 AM
wow!

a whole day without any posts on here......where is every one at?

luckycharm
04-01-2009, 02:46 AM
I am in California. I am loving the weather, although I am not loving the sunburn. We have spent 2 whole days walking. If I have not lost at least 3 pounds by the time I get home, I will be heartbroken. Did Disneyland today, Doing Universal Studios tomorrow and then Thursday, I will be sleeping all day due to exhaustion. Anyway I am off to bed.

suetalks
04-01-2009, 10:45 AM
Good morning. Looks like everyone is extremely busy.
I hope you are not MIA due to illnesses or problems.

Well, I did the April 1st WI and I was not fooled...I did go back to 170. I wonder why my body goes to that weight..must be a comfort zone. LOL So, if I get all my other problems solved I will have to work harder on the weight.

Dr. did blood-work and is sending me for more tests. I am so used to feeling this way, after 4 years, that it almost feels normal. I also had fluid behind my eardrums, so I am on a 2 month med. regimen for that. I also have to see a surgeon after all these other tests...so not looking forward to that. Aging is for the birds...not for the weak, I tell ya. :)

suetalks
04-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Kathy- So glad you are enjoying CA. You better use sunscreen!! My DD and DGD are in CA visiting my other DD and DGS. They are having a ball!

Have a good rest Thurs. LOL...

Mom2Gaby
04-01-2009, 01:27 PM
April Fools Day -

It is nice you drop in while on vacation Kathy! Sounds like you are having fun!

Did you get that $799 purchase taken care of Mindee?? That would freak me out for sure, hope Tommy is feeling better.

My ex says getting older is for the birds Sue. I don't really look forward to it myself. I notice it at work the most when I can get down on my knees but have to hosit myself back up, not at all lady like. haha.

Sassy - as you get older you won't care what others think of you as much, trust me. I hope you are having a better day today!

Just popping in myself. Weighed in at 148 this morning, not sweating it too much, I think my body likes the 150 range over the 140, I still want to get it below 145 though, hope by the weekend.

Picked up Time Travelers Wife, hope it is as good as you all say! :) I also have Love the one your with by Emily Giffen.

Heading for my eye appt this morning, so I will chat later!

:wave: to everyone else!!

RosieKate
04-01-2009, 03:07 PM
:broc::broc: Hi gals..just saw the broccoli and thought it was so cute!

Yeah...i've been busy, so I'm not as caught up here as I would like. Still exercising everyday - yippee! I'm finishing up the research study I've been a part of for the last 30 months. I was hoping to say I'd lost 30 lbs in 30 months, but I don't think I'll be there..have about 3 or 4 lbs to go and my body is being quite stubborn. My big OHSU visit is tomorrow. I guess officially it will be 25 lbs in 30 months. I am happy about it. Many women on the study lost alot at the beginning and gained much of it back. I just lost very slow and steady and am keeping off what I lost. I don't think I am typical.

Susan - I LOVED Time Traveler's Wife..hope you like it , too. I'm eager to see what kind of movie it turns out to be.

Sue - Hope the tests turn something up this time, and you can get rid of these chronic problems. My body seems to like 175...I get down to 171 or 172, then I'll have dessert or a glass of wine and the next day it's popped back up. 168 would be my 30 lb goal, but I don't think I'll make it by the 9th. I can try.

Mindee - Did you get the bank error taken care of? That stuff stresses me out so much, I don't manage it well at all. Hope Tommy is feeling better.

Kathy- Glad your vacation is going well - sounds like so much fun!

Sassy- Susan is right..the older you get, the less you care :) How's the house coming along? Would love to see pics when you get to that point. I enjoyed seeing the pics you have up on MS.

Cristina - I saw that Valerie Bertinelli cover you were talking about. She looks great - even better then when she was a kid. I remember her in a bikini on a People cover way back when..maybe 1980? She looked good then, but even better now.

This week is turning out to be a busy one...lots of volunteer stuff at the schools. I spent Monday gutting my son's room (have to strike while the iron is hot...and he's gone). I'm headed back to the elementary school soon for a meeting. Hope everyone is having a good day!

Shopaholic1204
04-01-2009, 03:37 PM
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm sooooooooo much pain right now!!!! I went to the doctor this morning for my annual ya know..and everything went fine. Except right now, I have major cramps, and major lower back pain!!! I feel totally sick to my stomach too!! This has never happened before. I've never had so much pain afterwards.

OHH..then they weighed me..and grrr...I know I dont weigh that much. i weighed on monday..and I know I couln't have gained 10 pounds in 2 days!!!!! I havent even eaten anything, cuz we have no food!!!!!!!! This is so wrong. I mean, I was wearing my uggs BOOTS, a sweatshirt, jeans, and a thick shirt. The only thing that wouldnt have matter is my underwear..and its like the thinnest clothing on me!! LoL!! This is so wrong. I'm so mad.

FrouFrou
04-01-2009, 04:38 PM
FRANCIE...hugs to you :hug: I hate doctors scales, ugh...I am always 5 pounds heavier and I am sure if you didn't take off any or the clothes or your uggs that is where most of the added weight is. I wouldn't worry so much about them. Hope the cramping and backache get better.

SUSAN...I've not read the book yet, but so far it's okay. Kinda can't get into it because this time traveling stuff is a little farfetched for me, but I will finish it. Guess I've not been in a reading mood lately as not much of anything appeals to me.

KATY...kudos to you...25 lbs in 30 months is GREAT!

KATHY...glad you are enjoying your trip, or I think you are :dunno:

SUE...hoping you get some kind of answer soon.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Gonna go get some more walking in, feeling sleepy but I will forgo a nap and just turn in early.

Sassy_Chick
04-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Hi all.

I really am not in a good mood. I really haven't been in a while now. I dunno why just really irritated. :mad: I'm just getting crankier and crankier the older I get I think. Then at work we are told that EVERYBODY *except management who is taking a 5% pay cut* has to take a mandatory 40 hrs off UNPAID! Yes I am very thankful to have a job, do not get me wrong here. But it is still for the birds! I'm trying to make it as positive as possible, but it is scary no matter how you try to make it. Basically they are doing it so that they don't have to do layoffs, which is a good thing I know. But still scary! Very scary world out there right now!

The ant problem continues. So this evening when DH paid the rent to our landlord, he told him about it that its not getting any better. So the landlord is calling Orkin to come out. I hope they can get rid of the little buggers. Now one "good" thing about having ants is you have to have a clean house ALWAYS. No crumb can be on the floor period. That is a good motivator to keep the house spotless, but it is still very annoying!!

We are getting more and more unpacked. I wanna once again get as much done as possible when I'm off. (this is my "Friday") But I have my drs appt in the morning with my infertility specialist and I have no idea how long that is gonna take, hopefully not long, but it usually is when it comes to specialists. So I'm gonna be dragging. Plus my girlfriends and me are supposed to do a "girls night out" tomorrow evening. We are going to go and see "A Haunting in Connecticut" and possibly go out to eat together. I dunno, I think me and my BFF are gonna be dragging. (she works with me all night) I told her we are going to have to hit the coffee pretty hard!!! LOL!

Also here lately my DH is just getting on my last nerve. I dunno why, nothing in particular he is doing, just is irritating me!!!!!!!!! So maybe the girls night out will do me some good!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe its cuz I've also been battling with my insurance and still have not gotten my anti-depressant yet. I plan on heading to my family dr on my way to the infertility dr in the morning and asking for samples. Cuz I need them desperately, esp right now!!!!!!!!! lol.

Anywho, that is about it for me. I haven't WI yet. Kinda afraid too! Why is it that it seems like when your stressed you gain or don't lose?? Guess I should be happy to not be gaining so far. I even lost 1/2 a pound last week. But that could all change I know!

Big :hug:

tommysgirl18
04-02-2009, 01:37 AM
well, we did get the bank issue taken care of. we had an account with this bank when we first got married almost seven years ago. well, we were having issues with them, so we closed the account, and apparently they didn't close it out and that was for the charge off of the account. at first we were mad about it, but now we look at it as a good thing, since it is helping to clear up our credit!

I also took my measurements again!

here are the results: (these are in comparison to my original measurements on August 4, 2007 and as of yesterday, April 1, 2009.

here are my measurements for August 4, 2007:

Neck ~ 15"
Bicep ~ 15"
Forearm ~ 10.5"
Chest ~ 45.75"
Waist ~ 46"
Hips ~ 55"
Thigh ~ 27"
Calf ~ 16"

and here are my measurements from yesterday, April 1, 2009:

Neck ~ 13.25"
Bicep ~ 14.5"
Forearm ~ 10"
Chest ~ 42"
Waist ~ 38"
Hips ~ 37"
Thigh ~ 24"
Calf ~ 16"

and so here is how they equal out:

Neck ~ -1.75"
Bicep ~ -0.5"
Forearm ~ -0.5"
Chest ~ -3.75"
Waist ~ -8"
Hips ~ -18"
Thigh ~ -3"
Calf ~ -1"

sorry to make this short, but I am not feeling that great and I want to head to bed. Tommy is feeling better, but now it seems like the kids are getting sick! does it ever end? I am hoping that they are feeling better by their party on the 18th!

Mom2Gaby
04-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Good morning -

sorry no time for indi's this morning, spent too much time emailing Hawaii Guy this morning.

Salad is made and scale says 146.6! Yay. Slowing it is getting back down.

Katy - (ok, one indi-lol) I picked up a Readers Diegest knitting book from the library! I think I will be lucky to knit a square, that is all I want to do anyway -lol. I looked at your knitting blog this morning for inspiration!

If some of you ladies need a hug here is one from me :hug::hug::hug:, hope you all have a great Thursady!

better scoot to work :D

RosieKate
04-02-2009, 04:16 PM
Susan- I have some extra needles and yarn from an auction item I won recently. PM me if you want them and I'll send them to you or meet up with you next time you're in town and get them to you that way. So glad you are taking the plunge...

Big hugs to everyone else!

i just got back from my big OHSU checkup...last one for the research study. I've been spending the day thinking about what has changed in the last 30 months..and can I make the necessary changes to keep going. I feel stuck right now, so this is good for me. My diet has improved for sure, and I am more active....now I need to set some goals to get myself to the next level and get out of this plateau.

tommysgirl18
04-02-2009, 07:31 PM
just stopping by to see how every one is doing....

we are having dinner here shortly, then it will be bedtime for the kids.....and hopefully I can relax some so that I can feel better.

we have Brandon's IEP tomorrow morning, so my MIL is going to come over and watch the kids for us. then she will more than likely be putting Brandon on the bus if we are not home in time.

jules1216
04-03-2009, 09:11 AM
Quickee for me....

Mom is doing pretty good 4 full weeks down today and no real pain..but she's had some nausea, thrush and sores in her mouth, she is getting the metallic taste in her mouth that we are told that she can have up to 3 months after the treatment is over, but I can see her jawline for the first time in months and everything is gettting smaller, She is losing a little bit of hair behind her right ear closest to the treatment site.

Teri, Dominic, Coco-Beaner and JR are loving their new house. I don't think we will actually be seeing Dominic as much as we have. Just Friday and Saturday nights, Jr will keep him on Sunday night. Maybe an occasional date night for them...maybe we will actually get to have a date night....

Ryan didn't do much on his 24th bday, besides the first day of work. He's loving the restaurant and seems to be a good fit. He's already got a flirting partner in a cute little waitress named Meredith. He will begin the apartment hunt since he is tired of sleeping on couches already...

Work--the amount of stress due to the overabundance of work sucks,one coworker is out indefinitely and has been for over a month now. Management has finally agreed to let me have a fulltime person join our staff. It's been a long time coming and my area is getting some complaints due to the fact we can't keep up after the downsize when they piled several huge projects on us. We've only been saying we need the extra person for about three years. I just have gotten to the point I do what I can and that's all I can do.

Well, off to Lowes and the grocery store. I am going over to Teri's later since she is babysitting 3 1/2 month old Mela and is scared....I will bring Dominic home with me after Geneva comes and gets her.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

Mom2Gaby
04-03-2009, 01:15 PM
Happy Friday!:carrot:

Katy - I would love to have the needle(s) and yarn! Whatever works best for you on how to get them to me. I am pretty sure I will be in Easter and the Monday that follows (the 13th). I might come in this Sunday after work and stay til Monday evening. I am not sure though, just writing that makes me tired. lmbo Thank - you, very sweet of you! Have you had a chance to read the ValerieB article in People yet?

Jules - Never been to Lowes, what are you buying there? :hug: to your mom. It kind of sounds like an Anne Tyler novel w/ Ryan and the flirty waitress. lol Good for you on more hours at work.

Mindee- How did the IEP go?

And where are you Cristina????

k- I have to go, I am so jacked up on coffee. lol I need to run or something.
I had oatmeal, plus yogurt and the banana for breakfast. I seem to be eating more these days. lol Whatever. I will have to get a handle on that.

better get :wave: to everyone.

tommysgirl18
04-03-2009, 03:18 PM
well, we went to the IEP....and wouldn't you know it, I got a coughing fit right in the middle of it! then my eyes started to water all over the place...it was a mess, but I was able to get the coughing to subside.

as for the IEP, we went over all the paperwork and testing that they did on Brandon. he has come a long way since his first initial IEP over a year and a half ago......but he is far from where he should be. so he is going to be in his current program for another year and this time next year we will re-evaluate him again and see the progress that he has mad. right now, he is about two years behind in some areas, so we will be working with him on every thing. he is also not ready for academic purposes as far as kindergarten.

suetalks
04-03-2009, 11:46 PM
I didn't hear from my Dr. re: the tests today..grrr. Means I will probably have to wait until Monday. I am feeling pretty rocky and hope things are better tomorrow. I will keep you posted, but don't worry if I don't check in until Mon.

:)

tommysgirl18
04-04-2009, 12:38 AM
Sue~ I hope you can get your results sooner than Monday!

jules1216
04-04-2009, 08:21 AM
Mindee--I am sure he will catch up this next year. He seems to be loving school.

Sue--sorry that you are having to wait for your tests results. Mom's cancer doctor is great about calling with test results, most are like yours...it's the waiting game.

SUzyQ--Ry is a huge flirt...Teri and I think that once he gets into an apartment...a girlfriend will be next...it's been awhile...we think he's still in love with Alicia no matter how dysfunctional the relationship is.

well...Dominic is up and wanting attention..

suetalks
04-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Well, I am checking in...lol. I got up to an improved attitude, sunshine and actually feeling some better. I threw some laundry in to wash and had cereal and banana with mom and DH for breakfast. Maybe my head and ears are on the mend. Now if I could just get news on the abdomen. Still have those pains, but I have lived with them for awhile so I can work through them most days.

We were invited to play cards with family tonight. I told DH yesterday he should go, but now I might try it also. Depends on how the day goes. I did promise him I would make a tray of deviled eggs for him to take, so if that smell doesn't kill me I should be good to go. LOL..

Otherwise I am just sitting here at the computer searching garden sites trying to decide about more plants that will grow in shade or semi- shade. Love my treed back yard, but can't get a lot to grow under the trees. :) It is an adventure every year to try to keep something alive.

I am not going to do individuals right now, but hope to be back in awhile. Jules...much love to you and good wishes abound to your mom.

Shopaholic1204
04-04-2009, 03:13 PM
On ****'s Kitchen..CAROL went home!!! Hahaha!!! that was great!!!!!!!!!!

tommysgirl18
04-04-2009, 05:03 PM
well, nothing new on this end.....just hanging around the house. Tommy had to work this morning, and then he had to go to the funeral home for a friend of his from lodge.

now, Marissa and Logan are napping, Brandon and our neighbor's daughter are playing the Wii. our neighbor had to work today, so she asked if we would watch her daughter. she has a 15 year old son as well, but he is more into his computer and video games. I am sure if there is an emergency, she told him to come over here.

the weather is nice, but I am still sick.......I have been taking some medicine, and actually slept until 11:30 this morning. which was good in a way, but not in another. good because I needed it, but bad because I was the only one here to take care of the kids.

the kids all got baths this morning, and then they got medicine for their runny noses/coughs/sneezes and such.

FrouFrou
04-04-2009, 09:36 PM
Hello, hello :wave:

I'm here SUSAN! Just been a little busy and not really in the mood for posting. This weight crap is just that...and I am so tired of it but...I am slowly getting back on track. Anyway...sorry for no individuals right now...late start in the day, just finished some exercise and getting ready to get some dinner cooked and read some. I will be back tomorrow sometime-for sure.

Lots of hugs :hug:

jules1216
04-05-2009, 11:39 AM
hi everyone...no indys for me right now...gotta sick baby boy who is currently sleeping, a grouchy hubby who almost is finished putting in the new jacuzzi tub and new flooring and I am doing laundry and putting away laundry I have procrastinated putting away...it looks like its going to be a warm day in the 60's--when Dominic wakes up I am taking him and his runny nose outside to play while I do raking and misc yard work...

Cristina and SusyQ(and everyone else!!)--to tell the truth...I come to this thread for the friendship more than the weight loss support...I quit posting when I am slipping or frustrated and I miss everyone..I know the losing and gaining of weight (of the same weight) is going to be a lifelong struggle for me too, but I am glad I have found some what I hope will be lifelong relationships that understand me...

FrouFrou
04-05-2009, 04:18 PM
Just a quick hello for today...I really have nothing to say so I guess this was sort of a me post.

Have a good day all

tommysgirl18
04-05-2009, 07:07 PM
just popping in while dinner is getting ready....

I was working out on the Wii Fit earlier today, and then Tommy came out from the bedroom. It was a sight to see I am sure, but I am glad I got it all done.

Tommy and Brandon were playing the Wii, and now Brandon is throwing a fit because we turned it off for now.

Sassy_Chick
04-05-2009, 11:48 PM
Hello.

I went to my Infertility Dr. appt. on Thursday. He put me on Provera, which is going to start my period (yippee) and then I am to call when I start it so that they can see me on my 3rd day to do bloodwork, etc then if all looks well I get a shot to help me ovulate. (I have pcos, which causes me not to ovulate)

Also I was ticked because their scale was way off and I know its not my scale because my gyn. weighed me at the exact same as mine did when I went there for my annual exam. But anyways.............

tommysgirl18
04-06-2009, 01:59 AM
just thought I would pop back in before heading off to bed......

we are supposed to be getting socked with some snow, so I am about to go and set myself up with the local websites for the local news stations, so that I will know if Brandon has school on Monday! He will be excited because he will get to wear his boots again!

Sassy~ That is great to hear about your steps to mommyhood!!! I was given a prescription for provera before I got pregnant with Brandon......the script itself scared my body into doing what it was supposed to do I guess! So I wish you all the luck!!!!

I do have to say thought that my Wii Fit told me that I have lost 1.1 lbs since the last time I was on there which was last Thursday! I got on it on Sunday and I am going to make it a point to get on it every day from here on out! Tommy actually watched me do some of the strength training today and I really wasn't that weirded out, so I might just say to heck with it on days that he is home and work out anyways! although, I KNOW he won't say anything because he told me that the Wii Fit is all mine because he doesn't like it and refuses to work out on it!

FrouFrou
04-06-2009, 12:20 PM
Jules...lots of hugs to your momma. :hug:

Happy Monday, sort of, I guess, lol...

Nothing really going on but then what else is new eh? Lol Seriously, nothing planned for the day. Thinking I will catch up on putting my pictures in albums and of course getting laundry done...maybe do a scrapbook page or two-who knows...going to be a long boring day for sure. Had a surprise visit from that f'ing TOM!!! Thought that was far from over...guess he has other things in mind, lol. Anyway...guess I'll go find something to do...work on losing some weight :)

Have a great Monday!

Shopaholic1204
04-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Sassy~Thats great news!!! I wish you all the luck!!!

Well..I got my results back today. They came back normal!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!! I was worried for nothing!!! *whew* I hope they faxed the results to my fertility doc. And I hope to hear from my effin insurance asap. I wanna get the ball moving!!!!!!!!!!!

luckycharm
04-06-2009, 01:42 PM
Hi everyone.

Well we made it home, left the nice weather and came back to our snow and cold weather...(which I will say it is warming up and the snow has been melting.) Didn't send the kids to school today as we got in late last night, and the last few nights of our holiday were late as well.

Sassy - Glad that you got to the specialist. :hug: This is going to be exciting. I am sending you good vibes. :hug:

Jules I get you on the grumpy hubby. Mine does not travel well, so he will probably be grumpy for the rest of the day. :hug: Nothing like a grumpy hubby to make you bang your head against the wall.

Cristina - Jules is right. We come here for the friendship. We just want to know about your day, and that all is right with your world. As for the weight loss, when someone invents a pill that puts a persons mind in the right state, and takes away the feeling of defeat that I get as soon as I feel some sort of motivation then I might be able to concentrate on that.

SusieQ - You need to leave the wine alone. Yup I figured this out during my walking week of vacation. Wine is very affordable there, and it tastes good and I drank alot of it. I am glad that it is triple the price here, so I will not be drinking it anymore.

Francie - Thankyou. Carol? Well now the two teams should be about even. I don't know who I want to go next....the loud mouth lady(can't remember her name ? or the big guy Robert?) Although I think that loud mouth just might have a shot at this because she is so vocal. What do you think?

Mindee - let us know how it goes with Brandon. Hope that you are feeling better, and good job on using the fit. I can't do anything if anyone is watching me, unless it is DD and we are doing something together.

Sue - I am sending good vibes to you that you get your test results today, and that everything is ok. Also I hope that you are feeling better so that you can go out with your hubby and enjoy the tray of devilled eggs that you are making. Mmm we all like devilled eggs here in this house.

Katy - When is the last day of lent? Are the kids looking foreward to Easter and the chocolate that comes with it? Cole was asking me if he missed Easter while we were gone.

A big hello to everyone else. :wave:

Well I must run and unpack, and get some stuff done. Have to go and pick up the little dogs from the place that they are staying at. Have to go and get some milk also. I will be back later.

luckycharm
04-06-2009, 01:45 PM
Francie that is great. I am sending you some great vibes and my fingers are crossed that your insurance is straightened out immediately.

recycledartgirl
04-06-2009, 01:50 PM
I feel the same way, kinda about being back in Kindergarten. Small steps. Baby steps.

luckycharm
04-06-2009, 02:06 PM
:welcome3: recycledartgirl. That is us babysteps. But in kindergarten little steps is what it is about...that and mostly recess.
Ok I really am going to unpack now.

tommysgirl18
04-06-2009, 04:54 PM
well, it has been a day full of surprises to say the least!

they were calling for snow last night, and we were supposed to get socked with a fair amount of it too. I got up this morning to find that Brandon doesn't have school due to weather conditions.......so I got up with the kids and we opened the blinds on the door wall to find MAYBE four inches of snow! it has been flurrying all day, but nothing is sticking unless there is grass, and even that stuff is almost gone!

welcome to the group recycledartgirl!!!!

francie~ yay on the results!!! have you heard back from the insurance yet?

Mom2Gaby
04-06-2009, 05:41 PM
Happy Monday!

It is a beautiful day here! Gabster and I just came in from the beach. I sat in the sand dunes and listened to the waves and Gab played in the sand. She wanted to go in the water but I said no, just close your eyes and listen.

She thought that was boring. lol

Whatever,she had fun anyway.

Jules- How is little Dominic today? Hope he is feeling better. :hug: and prayer to your mother.

Kathy - Yay, I am glad you made it back ok. I usually do splurge at the ex's when I am in town on wine. Kettle chips and merlot, yum. :D

Mindee- I don't wanna hear about snow :tantrum: I want summer! Gab had today off due to teacher work day. I never realized how slow it was to get out the door w/ her when all I wanted was Starbucks....I think it was like 10am and I was so cranky. lol

Sassy & Francie- Crossing fingers for both of you!

Cristina - How are you today? Getting the laundry done? Wanna come and do mine? lol jk- I usually and caught up all the time, and have small loads. Just that kind of chickie, I guess. :D anyway, sending :hug: to you.

Katy- Enjoying the day? I love this weather!

Sue- How are you?

recycledartgirl - welcome!

*sigh, I better go. Gab starts her Shark lessons tonight. I HOPE she gets the same instructor, he is an excellent teacher, the best so far and she learned so much the last time. *wah. crossing fingers on that.

Work 3 days and I get to spend Easter weekend in Portland, so happy about that, family dinner on Sunday.

WI was 143 this morning :carrot:, made it back down, so pleased w/ that.

And Dancing with the Stars is on tonight, so life is pretty good. :D

chat more later.

Shopaholic1204
04-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Kathy~So what happened was...the guys had lost. And Robert and Ben were up on the chopping block. But then at the last min, he decided to boot Carol, cuz she messed up soooooooooooooooooooo bad!!!!! I mean like horribly bad!! Ugh!! I'm glad she's gone. And the loud mouth one, are you talking about Andrea?? I want her gone asap! She bugs me sooooo freakin much. Her and Carol were always at each other's throats, ugh. I dont mind Robert too much, I think he's funny. You HAVE to watch this week!! It's gonna be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No..I havent heard anything about my insurance yet. I'm gonna have to call my fertility place soon to tell them. I got one letter, and it made no sense at all!!! So hopefully..we'll be seeing them soon.

tommysgirl18
04-07-2009, 01:34 AM
nothing really new on this end......

I have been getting some sleep, and so I am feeling better, but I am not 100% better yet!

I figured out that Marissa is cutting more teeth, so that is the majority of her reason for being crabby. Now Brandon is crying, so I have to go get him back in bed.

suetalks
04-07-2009, 12:06 PM
I am just upset this morning. Dr. didn't call yesterday, so I found out they are not even in the office until NEXT Monday. And here I sit waiting for tests results and worrying. Not going to be good company today..for sure.

Check back when I can.

FrouFrou
04-07-2009, 01:16 PM
Good morning...

SUSAN...not sure what the hugs are for but I'll accept them, lol. I am just fine today and was yesterday...just a little bored. YAY to 143! :carrot:

KATHY & JULES...I understand this, not really sure what I said that you guys needed to point that out. Believe me when I say there is nothing wrong...when I don't post I just don't want to post...it's not just the weight loss/exercise stuff I get tired of.

FRANCIE...good to hear the news, hope you hear from the insurance soon.

And KATHY, glad you guys are home safely, hope you had a nice time.

SUE...sorry they are making you wait, that totally sux.

WELCOME RECYCLEDARTGIRL! Hoope to see more posts from ya!

Anywho...nothing planned today...getting ready to go run some errands and finish my pictures. Thinking I will take a nap with the little one as well so...excited about Rescue Me finally starting back up tonight!

HAPPY TUESDAY to ALL!

tommysgirl18
04-07-2009, 01:24 PM
just popping in here for a quick second.....

I have to run to the dumpster then to talk to the office manager really quickly. then back here to find something to eat, and then to jump on the Wii Fit.

Sue~ That really stinks that they are making you wait.

Mom2Gaby
04-07-2009, 04:08 PM
Happy Tuesday (or is it??)

The boss called and gave me a dock day. Grrrrr. I guess it was my turn,since others have been docked over the past few months. Dock holds your hours so you won't lose benefits and it happens because of low census. Anyway, I will have to use my earned leave if I want to get paid for the day which I will do because I can't afford not to. Which is fine because I have 55 plus hours already in EL, and it isn't like I am going on vacation. haha. :D Yada, yada.

Cristina - :hug::hug:, here's some more!! lol I think it was because of TOM, not sure. Thanks to the 143 but I know one sniff of wine or bag of kettle chips it will go back up. I really need to exercise. :dizzy:

Sue- Sorry you were left to wait! That sucks, at least you know now they won't be in til next Monday.

:wave: to everyone!

I am a quickie today, I want to go window shopping and maybe sit on the beach. It is another sunny day here. Oh, Gaby did get the same instructor for swimming! He is so good with the kids.

Hope you all are having a great day!

RosieKate
04-07-2009, 04:20 PM
A quick hi from me today...I am working on garden stuff...getting ready to plant my veggies. Then I'll knit and watch 24 on hulu.

Cristina- I noticed Rescue me is on Hulu, too. I may have to watch it...DH really likes it. I just read a book by Denis Leary's wife, Ann. It's called An Innocent, Abroad and it s a memoir about giving birth to their first child prematurely in Great Britain. V. good book.

Sue - :bighugs: so sorry about the doctor's office - that's terrible to make you wait so long!

Susan- sent you pm . I have some yarn and needles set aside for you, pm me an addy and I'll pop them in the mail.

Hi to everyone else! We have a busy week. It's L's first communion which will happen on Maundy Thursday. Then all kinds of churchy stuff on Saturday and Sunday...soooo busy! I'm still exercising everyday. I think Lent ends on Easter? Maybe the day before...dunno..I'm such a heathen, lol! I only go to church to be a good example for my kids ( ha ha jk) Anyway, I plan to take Sunday off, then reassess. I haven't lost any weight...but I feel great! So can't complain :)

Mom2Gaby
04-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Katy - You must thing I am a rude ungrateful :censored:!! I responded if you don't get this one let me know. How frustrating.
I am glad you feel great!

as for me I am having major cravings for vinager/salt kettle chips. lol I should have never tasted those evil things in the first place.

anyway, I am off to enjoy some sun :D

Thanks again!!!!

tommysgirl18
04-07-2009, 05:02 PM
just thought I would check back in here......

I got my Wii Fit in, and I was able to add on to my yoga moves, but I kept it simple on the strength training today because I was running behind on time. I will add some more strength training on when I work out again tomorrow!

oh yeah, my Wii Fit told me that I am now down 1.5 pounds, and that I am weighing in at 222.7!

FrouFrou
04-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Back again...

SUSAN...I'll take all the hugs anytime :) The hours/pay sounds a little complicated, sort of, lol...to me anyway. Ha! I need to exercise too...I've decided not to be so anal about and do whatever whenever...I may pay for it in the end but we'll see. But yeah, I think we all need hugs during TOM, ugh! How was Gab's swimming lesson? I have never tried those chips...a friend of mine loved the vinegar & salt chips, the lays I think...never did taste them. But everytime I shop I see the kettle chips and think of you.

KATY...your weekend sounds like mine, gonna be a busy one. Well, actually Friday and Saturday...Sunday I will rest. I can't tell ya how long I waited for Rescue Me...was supposed to start back up in Jan. I have been wanting to read her book, and his too! Glad to know it is good. Like Susan, between you and Jules I have been wanting to knit for so long...so I am going to try and find a class. Thank you for the motivation to do it!

MINDEE...sounds like you are loving the Wii...and WTG on the 1.5 pounds!

Apparently the 191 was correct with last WI (actually 2 WI's ago) but I am going down so it's all good. I am down to 187.6 and not worrying about this week because it's a bad eating week. I am going to try my best to stay on track though but with the hubby's BD one day and an Easter dinner the next I don't know...just not worrying about it so much, so...

Hello to everyone else :wave:

I'm going to get my pogo fix for the day and then get dinner started. Not even sure what is for dinner...chicken legs with something, lol...have a good one all!

Mom2Gaby
04-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Mindee- yay to 1.5 pounds! :carrot:

Cristina - haha , ok I will explain since I have a sec.

Dock doesn't really benefit me because I am close to full time. Say though you are part time and getting medical benefits and if you lose a day of work you need to be credited :dizzy:the hours because if you go below that 20 hours per week you lose medical benefits. So, they call it dock time:dizzy:. You get the dock but not the pay.
Unless you use your earned leave which is 1 week :dizzy:paid time for every 3 months worked.
So, when I go back to work I will use 8 hours of my earned leave but I still lose $16 dollars because I won't get :dizzy:the shift difference. At least I don't think I do......because most of my shift is after 2pm so I am considered evening and I get $2 more an hour. :dizzy:

lol - hee haw, now I am confused.

oh, ya ....here is your :hug::hug::hug:

If I go to Hawaii in Oct it would cost me only $640, round trip! I wanna go.

anyway, Gaby got her teacher for sharks, she doesn't listen very well. He is a doll though, I love his personality. I think I will keep her in sharks til she is 18 years old, or until I snag a date w/ him. haha

I didn't think I would like the kettle chips because they are kind of hard. Lays are so crispy and thin, melt in your mouth. Kettle chips you have to kind of suck on. lmbo. I like the vinager taste.

goofing off better go get Gaby from after care........

Sassy_Chick
04-08-2009, 12:47 AM
Hola Me Amigas! :flow2: (Sending Sunshine Vibes to Everybody who needs it right now! I know WE do! lol)

Well TG its my "Friday"!! :cp: I am all alone tonight as my bff/coworker took tonight off. So I'm "Mrs. Lonely" tonight :(.......Aw well at least I get off a 1/2 hour early even though not really cuz I have a meeting with my boss. (I scheduled it) But anyways. The house is coming along. We try to do unpack and hang up stuff every day. So little by little it is getting done!

I am about done with the Provera so my AF should be showing her ugly head in about a week or so. Yippee! lol. I know its a necessary evil to get to where we want to be (Pregant!! :preg: :bb:)

Francie -- Yeah Carol really screwed it up and I agree I want Andrea GONE!!!! I want the guys to win. I like Danny and Robert. Ben is a pain in the behind! (I think!!) I hope your insurance gets back with you soon so you too can be on the road to TTC! ;)

:welcome: recycledartgir!!!!!!!!!

Katy -- I need to get my gardening started only I dunno what I'm doing! I don't exactly have a "Green Thumb" like my mother does. Mine is more black! lol. I was just thinking of doing a few things like tomatoes, onions, and some flowers.

Mindee -- we got snow too! Not a lot, only a few flakes but wow! When is our warm weather gonna come and STAY???!! lol.

Suzy Q -- Can u pls pass some of your great weather to me and Mindee? lol. Sorry about your dock day. Our co. is making us take 40 hrs unpaid to save the co. $$ and jobs. At least they aren't making us take it all at once, which is good!

Well I hope you all are doing well!

tommysgirl18
04-08-2009, 12:56 AM
just popping in before heading to bed......

Sassy~ It is good to hear from you! I am hoping that we are going to get our sun here soon!!!

thanks for the nice comments on my weight loss.....my *official* weigh in is in the morning, so we will see what my scale says!

FrouFrou
04-08-2009, 11:01 AM
LMAO...people crack me up! Anyway...

Good morning chickies!

SUSAN...gotcha! I think :dizzy: A trip to Hawaii sounds so good right now! $640 isn't so bad for a round trip..is it? I think it sounds cheap but what the heck do I know. Although, I can't complain...the weather is getting better and it is nice so...just need a get-away for sure. Funny about the shark teacher, lol.

Nothing much planned for today...need to go run some errands in a few minutes and then mow the front when I get back-trying to wait for the grass to dry up a little bit. Then mow the back after I take Cambrie to preschool. Have some laundry to do to...but that is usually a given every day.

I'll be back later...have a GREAT day!

Mom2Gaby
04-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Good Morning -

Cristina - It showed $260 going to Hawaii and $380 flying back to Portland. I wonder why it cost more to fly to the mainland?
I get to take G to her swim lesson tonight and I get to see Dan the Instructor. I made the comment to G's father that I thought he (Dan) was an excellent teacher and I really liked him. And now M isn't speaking to me because I made him feel uncomfortable. Whatever, I was joking mainly and just because I don't want to get back together w/ M I can have a life and go out, none of his business.
He is pouting though and refuses to talk to me. Which actually is a good thing, he is f-ing annoying as it is.....lol

Just >< close to moving back to Portland to get away from him. I have to have a life!! *wah *wah.....

Mindee- what was the official WI?

Sassy - I think that sucks about the 40 hours, I guess it is better to do that so no one has to lose their job but still........sucks, at least you can spread the 40 hours over a period of time.

*sigh............so another day off! Ugh........I so do not what to stay home and clean, though my car needs to get a washing, I might do that.

chat more later and a big :wave: to everyone else!!

FrouFrou
04-08-2009, 04:44 PM
SUSAN...who knows...probably some tax they can get away with charging you. Funny about M, sort of...funny that he felt uncomfortable for some reason but not funny for you because you have to deal with it. Betting Dan is looking good! Lol You sound like me...I didn't want to stay home but have to. But I did manage to get outdoors even if it was to mow. Man, not exercising as much 'bout killed me with the mowing! Now I need a nap! Getting some laundry done now...hoping you find something to do not at home ;)

HIYA KATHY, JULES, FRANCIE, KATY, SUE...man drawing a blank...:wave:

Anyone heard from TAMMY or ASIA? Wondering how they are too. Anyway...going to go and puttering around the puter for about 40 minutes and try to stay awake. Hope everyone is having a great day!

Mom2Gaby
04-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Cristina - I miss mowing a yard! I do have a little patch outside my patio I could plant some flowers in if I was motivated to do so....lol
M is just odd. Seems all my ex's are , or at least the ones I have had children with, I swear. His reactions make me feel like he had hopes we would get back together but I have no interest whatsoever in that! Major barf.

I have only seen Dan wet, I wonder what he looks like dry? :D He is really good with the kids...... anyway, for 30 minutes this afternoon I can escape into fantasy while watching him. :swim:

I have done nothing useful today. lol I did watch some news on the tv and read my book. I was going to pick up Gaby from school and bum around town til swim time @ 5pm.

I really need to get back to work!! :)

k- :wave: to everyone!

FrouFrou
04-09-2009, 12:10 PM
Good morning...

Susan...yeah, sounds like he (M) is a little jealous. Dan sounds delicious, lol. Hey, we all need a Dan in our lives, lol, or maybe it's just me and you, lol. So what are you reading now? I am still working on the same book. Finished the Janet Evanovich one...Foul Play...so freaking stupid. It was one of those books I feel dumber for reading. Having a hard time getting thru the other...just all over the place and soooo unreal it drives me crazy. Anyway...

I won't be on the computer at all tomorrow or Saturday so I will try to get back on later today. Busy two days.

Later...

suetalks
04-09-2009, 01:16 PM
Good morning...er...noon. It is sunny here today, but still chilly. I am so wanting to work in the yard..but not yet!
Today is the first day in awhile that I have felt decent. I continue to do housework, cook and everything, but just haven't felt like me. It is hard to explain to DH that I feel sick when he sees me doing all my chores...I guess if I am sick I should just be in bed. LOL...

Mom and I are getting ready to go to Target and the grocery store. Nothing major, just a short jaunt to get away from home. If I still feel well tomorrow I need to go to the fabric store. I want to make baby blankets for my up-coming great-grandson. Also have a niece who is expecting a girl, so will make her a blanket too.

Nothing else planned...taking each day as it comes.

Hi everyone and hope you all have a wonderful week-end.

FrouFrou
04-09-2009, 01:54 PM
HIya Sue...glad you mentioned blankets...any advice/tips on how to make one, lol? I know I can probably figure it out, just haven't been to a fabric store as of yet but I plan to make J & C a baby quilt. Maybe I can find a knitting class and knit one before then...anyway...sorry you aren't feeling so great and that you have to wait until Monday to hear from the doc. Enjoy your little jaunt away from home.

Okay, thinking I am going to go do a walk on the treadmill and who knows what else. I'll be bcak.

FrouFrou
04-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Some early Easter wishes while I am thinking about it and won't be on the computer tomorrow or Saturday. Hope you all enjoy your Easter weekend.

http://dl6.glitter-graphics.net/pub/2112/2112156aebn43hz48.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Mom2Gaby
04-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Good Morning

Sue - Amazing but I think women are just that way.Even when we aren't feeling well we still are up doing chores and making sure the household is working. Hope you feel better and take it easy!!

Cristina - Beautiful easter graphic! Do you knit? I never knew that, jealous now myself.
I am reading the Readers Digest book on kniting and "Love the one you're with" a novel.
The swim lesson went well, M didn't show up, thank goodness. Gaby came running over after her class was done and said "he says to ask my mom if I can stay for the next Shark class"....I think I almost wet my pants. lol Why would he want her to stay?? Maybe he wanted me to stay and watch his lean body glide thru the water with ease.....and his muscles shinning with umm, ya ...water. :swim:
Whatever, I could never write a romance novel..lol
I said sure and settled back down in the stands but Gab was too chicken to stay with kids she didn't know......Grrrrrrr, she is ruining my social life!

anyway - my mom says I won't attract any decent man until I clear up the drama in my life, in other words I will never go out on a date again.lmbo

Going to work and now I don't even want too.It has been 3 friggin days off! Hard to get back in the groove.

:wave: to everyone. 144 on my WI this morning, good as it is going to get....lol toodles.

FrouFrou
04-09-2009, 05:02 PM
You crack me up Susan...I want to be in your novel, lol. No, I don't knit, but I have wanted to learn for quite a while and plan to find a class so I can learn. You will find another man and date, silly momma, lol. Hope you have a wonderful 3 day weekend!

Where is everyone??? Guess everyone is waiting til I am gone, lol...well, post away ladies because I am outta here for a while.

HAPPY EASTER!!! :bunny2: :bunny: :egg: :easter: :easter2: :bunny2::easter: :egg:

suetalks
04-09-2009, 05:45 PM
http://www.craftfreebies.com/sewing.html#Anchor-Fr-12859

Cristina..There are some cute ideas here. I am thinking of making a no sew fleece blanket for both babies...crib size. Then I am hoping to make some smaller flannel blankets and burpers. I tried crocheting a baby afghan 22 years ago...for my first grand. Haha..that was a joke. He was 4 or 5 and I was still working on it. I finally pitched it. :) I can sew, but not knit or crochet.

tommysgirl18
04-10-2009, 01:29 AM
I thought I had popped back in here on Thursday, but apparently I didn't!

my *official* weigh in on my scale was 222.2 on Wednesday morning. but my Wii Fit told me that I was 220.2 on Thursday afternoon........so I jumped on the scale after my shower after my workout and it told me 222.4

I did 46 minutes of yoga and strength training on Thursday! Now, I have to get my booty in gear to get up early before the kids get up since Brandon is now on Spring Break until the 20th of this month! I usually do my workout after I put him on the bus.....what in the world am I going to do in the summer? oh wait......get up earlier then now and do my work out. That way it will get me in shape AND it will get me ready for when school starts in case he ends up in the morning class!

oh I forgot to mention.....I got an email back from Brandon's teacher. She talked to the speech therapist, and I am to either call her or email her after Spring Break about getting Logan tested to see if he needs to be in a class like Brandon. AND I was also given the number to the local people that will be able to test Marissa to make sure that she is developing like she should be!

RosieKate
04-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Good morning!

Mindee - my scale went belly up this morning..told me I weighed 129 - ha! Obviously it needs batteries, lol! Your wl is great..and good job on keeping up with the Wii. I've learned that if I'm going to get my exercise in everyday I have to do it early in the morning. So bravo to you for making that commitment - it is really hard to do that on some days.

Susan- hopefully you'll be receiving the yarn and needles soon. The next thing I recommend is getting set up on ravelrydotcom. If you have the ability to post pics, you can keep track of your projects there and you can have sweet friends like me who can help you out :) It's like Myspace for knitters, crocheters, etc. If that's too much, then I recommend knittinghelpdotcom. Lots of great instructional videos online.

Sue - fleece blankies are the best! So warm and soft and easy to clean. Can't believe you are going to have greats...now way you are old enough for that! Hope you have heard from your docs and that it is good news.

Cristina - hope you are having a great time with the grandkids during holy week. Are they excited about Easter? Sounds like you have a very busy couple of days ahead.

Sassy - :hug: keeping my fingers crossed for you that you get pregnant soon (Francie, too!) It's time for some virtual baby showers, don't you think?

HI to Jules, Kathy, welcome to recycledartgirl, and hello to anyone I may be missing!

Made it to step this morning, and soon I will be having lunch with a friend I haven't seen in 11 years. I'm looking forward to catching up. Then it's back home, DS has a friend coming over, and I may get some work done an a vest I'm knitting for DH. Pretty typical day. I'm enjoying the quiet while I can because this weekend is going to be crazy busy! So Happy Passover and Easter to All and have a great weekend!

tommysgirl18
04-10-2009, 11:43 PM
UGGGGHHHHH!

We were waiting for Tommy's check to get deposited today so that I could do laundry. I did nine loads of laundry and then got every thing switched over to the dryers and I thought every thing would be good. WRONG!

Today is Tommy's friends' brother's 40th birthday, so they were meeting up at a bar to celebrate it. Well, we couldn't get a sitter because our neighbor had to work. So, we were more or less rushing through every thing so that Tommy could get out the door promptly at 7:30 to make it to the bar by 8. It took me forever to get Brandon to sleep.....so I had very little patience because they close the laundry room at 11pm.

Needless to say, I have three loads of laundry that I have to rewash because they didn't dry all the way! I called Tommy on his phone, and he shot me to voice mail..........so I left him a message telling him what was going on. Usually he calls me right back.....I waited a little bit and called again.........was expecting to get shot to voice mail again, but this time he answered. I told him what was going on, and basically got the cold shoulder....so I said "well I am glad that you are having fun. bye" and I hung up. He called back again but I didn't answer.....and that was at 9:37.....it is 10:42 right now.......so needless to say he thinks that he is going to get lucky tonight, but I have news for him!

Oh yeah......then when I was getting every thing ready to go and wash it, I opened the boys room door to let them out and he goes "oh no! you are not letting them out until you come back from washing the laundry." I said "they are coming out now, and they will go and sit down and watch the Tigers game on tv." He then made some comment about me wanting to have me time and that he didn't get any me time today. I said "bull crap! you were just outside and you got your me time." He said "no I was working on a car, that isn't me time." I said "were the kids out there with you? were they getting into every thing while you were trying to work?" He said "no" and I said "then you got your me time......so now I am getting mine" and finished getting every thing ready to go. And now he is getting his me time at the bar, so I don't want to hear it.

RosieKate
04-11-2009, 10:55 AM
Men! Can't live with them...can't shoot them ;) Hope today is a better day, Mindee...

For me, it's off to the gym, then Easter egg hunt, then native plant sale at the elementary school, then DS off to a playdate..whew! Catch you chickies later!

K

jules1216
04-11-2009, 12:34 PM
Quick hi...Mom's having more bad days. Two days this week she needed to have some extra bags of fluid. She's doing pretty good today. I caught Dominic's cold and don't want to give it to her so I haven't been able to help out as much as I would like.

Dominic is so adorable!!

I haven't lost any weight, but the toning up apparently is making me look that way--getting lots of compliments.

Work sucks...

It's a dreary rainy day...will probably take a nap when Dominic goes down...
Kathy--is it still snowing up your way???

hi to everyone else!!!

luckycharm
04-11-2009, 03:01 PM
Hi everyone.

Have had a few busy days here job hunting. Hopefully I will hear back sometime next week from some of them.

Jules - No snow, it is actually beautiful here. It has been 50 degrees here all week, snow is melted, and everyone is out in shorts and t-shirts. I washed the bedding today and hung it out on the line, then noticed the thousands of geese flying overhead and was wondering if I should leave the laundry out on the line. :rofl: The kids have spent every spare moment outside, and now Roxy's favorite word is "walk". Dominic must love it outside also.

Katy I'm exhausted after reading what you are up to today. I do hope that you get a few moments to relax and put your feet up today. Did you get anything at the plant sale? How was the easter egg hunt? Was that just at your house? Hope the playdate went well. Does your hubby ever go to the gym with you? How was your lunch date with your friend?

Mindee hope you are having a good day today. Do you need to rewash the clothes? Just put them back in the dryer on air fluff. Are you going to get Logan and Marissa tested? When is Brandon's school out for the year?

Sue - When are the babies due? There is nothing like homemade blankets. My mom made all my kids blankets when they were babies. I was going to try and learn to make something for Roxy, but didn't get a chance. Luckily moms neighbor made her a beautiful blanket.

Cristina how is your crazy weekend going? I hope that you have a few minutes to put up your feet also. When is C & J's due date? Is basketball season over? Or have you still been going to watch the games?

SuzyQ - You could write a romance novel about the swim instructor. I thought that M had a girlfriend? Maybe you are closer to getting a date with the swim instructor than you realize. Gaby will soon be getting free swimming lessons. Maybe that is why he keeps her in his class?

Sassy - You know what? I need your new address. :lol: Do you get a long weekend off for Easter? Are you having a get together at your new place, or are you going out somewhere? Are you a ****'s Kitchen addict too? I was not happy that Andrea didn't get sent home this week...

Francie - What the heck he didn't send Andrea home. He could have sent Giovanni home next week. How are you doing? What have you been up to?

Hello to Tammy, Asia, Michelle and Robin.

Now that the snow is all melted, I had to go around the yard and pick up all the garbage that has accumulated everywhere. That took some time. As I was doing that I noticed all the dog doo that needs to get cleaned up also. Guess I will do that today, as I don't need little ones walking through it all and getting it all over. Such a pleasant chore. Not doing anything for Easter because well I just don't want to. We will just go to church, and that will be all. (After the Easter egg hunt of course.)

Well I guess I better get going on the scooping.

I hope that everyone has a great Easter.

tommysgirl18
04-11-2009, 07:40 PM
well, today started out as a good day.......it technically still is a good day actually. right now we are watching some tv shows, Tommy is napping, and we are waiting for our neighbor to come over! she is going to watch the kids so that we can go out and grab some stuff for the kids for tomorrow......nothing like waiting until the last minute!

I did end up rewashing the clothes. and they are all dry and folded waiting for me to put them back.

Kathy~ Yup, we are going to get Marissa and Logan tested. The speech therapist that works with Brandon has offered to test Logan, so that will work out well. I have to call a different number for Marissa because she is not school aged. Brandon's last day of school is June 9th.

off to wake Tommy and figure out what we are going to feed the kids for dinner!

luckycharm
04-11-2009, 11:47 PM
Just popping in for a quick minute to let you all know about a video I stumbled across on you tube.

I actually have never been on You tube before, so I don't know how to post a link or anything but maybe some of you know how to find it..

It is posted as Britains Got Talent, Connie Talbot, age 6 WOWs Simon Cowell !

Then it has more videos of her, but you have to see this one first. Brought tears to my eyes. I didn't realize that you tube had some really good videos on it.

Anyway I'm off to put someone to bed so that the Easter Bunny can come to our house. Mindee I hope that you and Tommy have some nice together time while you are out shopping.

tommysgirl18
04-12-2009, 11:58 PM
HAPPY EASTER!!!!

We had a great day........and it was nice and relaxing even!

we had a nice night out last night as well......we went to Logan's and then to Walmart to grab some things. we made the kids Easter baskets..........

we put in some gum, some fruit snacks, a bag of funyons (each), a bag of cheese puffs (each)......then the boys got a package of pencils, a note pad each (Brandon's has the letters in it to trace....and Logan got a plain notebook).....Marissa got a pink bunny. Then my MIL brought over some Easter bags for the kids. they each got a book, the boys got trucks, Marissa got a baby doll, an outfit for her doll, and a bunny.

all in all, it was a good day!

FrouFrou
04-13-2009, 07:12 PM
Hello ladies...

Mindee...sounds like you guys had a nice Easter! Bet the kids enjoyed all the goodies.

Jules...some hugs for you mom, sorry she is feeling bad. :hug: WTG on your NSV! :yay:

Kathy...no more B-ball, or any games. Hope you guys had a nice Easter.

Nothing going on...meant to spend more time here but time got away from me. Just glad that I was busy today though...trying to find things to do. Got some exercise done, finally.

Have a good one! :)

luckycharm
04-13-2009, 07:53 PM
Cristina I was looking through the magazines at the store, and I came across one called Pack of Fun. Has some really cute craft ideas in there for little ones. We didn't do anything for Easter. Cole had a great time finding his chocolate. Did you have a good Easter?

Mindee glad that you guys had a nice day. Does your MIL live near you?

Jules are you feeling better? I think that I am getting a cold. How is your mom feeling? :hug: I hope that she is doing better.

:wave: to everyone else

Well, I guess I had better go and figure out what I am going to make for supper!

tommysgirl18
04-13-2009, 11:28 PM
just thought I would pop back in before I go off to clean the bathtub/shower a little bit.

I cleaned the stove, counters, and behind the stove. I am trying to clean a little bit each day so it won't seem like so much at the end of the week!

we got some soft scrub with bleach in it for our neighbor because she offered to clean our shower/bathtub for us......but I figured that I might as well do it.......there really isn't that much to clean up right now.

I got on the Wii Fit for about 15 minutes today. I wanted, well meant, to get up at 8:45 this morning when Tommy called me....but I got up at 8:20 am, went to the bathroom, then climbed back into bed and got up at 9:15! so I got on the Wii Fit really quickly, then got the kids up.

Now I am checking my email and such, then I am going to clean the bathtub/shower, and then maybe find some more songs for my mp3 player.....then off to bed early again!

Sassy_Chick
04-14-2009, 12:40 AM
Katy -- Thanks. I hope to get :preg: soon too. So far, AF has not shown her ugly head yet so we are waiting for that to start to call the dr..........

Kathy -- I kinda had a long weekend. lol. :p I was sick :barf: yesterday so I called in sick. No we didn't do anything special for Easter. DH's parents wanted to have us over for Easter, but we both had to work and mil HAD to have it on Easter, yeah doesn't make sense to me either, but whatever. I'll PM you my new address. I thought about that after I had asked you yours. that nobody on here at least has my new address. lol.

It has been raining :rain: and raining and raining here. Luckily though its supposed to clear up on the weekend!

Take care.

FrouFrou
04-14-2009, 01:09 PM
'Morning all...

Kathy...thanks for the tip, not watching the little one though, for now I guess...who knows. We didn't do anything on Easter but had our Easter dinner Sat since it was the hubby's BD. Was supposed to have an Easter egg hunt for the kids but they didn't show so...was just the hubby's sis, bil and his dad...we had a nice visit/dinner. How are you doing?

Sue...thank you for the tips/link on the blankets...I love those! Definitely going to have to get to JoAnn's sometime this week. Did you hear from the doc?

Even though I don't have to get up early anymore I still wake up at the same time, but then roll over and go back to sleep. Going to have to find me a job, volunteer or something...the little one kept me busy and now I don't know what to do with myself. Anyway...

Got in a hour of exercise yesterday and will probably do the same today, maybe a little more since I will be doing the sculpt and burn. Need to get my lazy arse in gear and get back on track. I've gained some and I refuse to gain all the weight back, I refuse! So getting back to work...no more stress eating, or holiday junk. I'll weigh Friday morning before leaving and see where I am at and then be careful with the eating this weekend. Funny that I usually do pretty good when away from home...maybe I should stay away more often, lol. Anyway...going to lurk a little and get some directions and then do the sculpt and burn and some walking either on the treadmill or outside a little later...supposed to be 70 today so great weather to get outdoors.

Have a great day! :hug:

RosieKate
04-14-2009, 04:28 PM
HI everyone!

Hope you all had a nice weekend. We managed to have fun ...and not too much chocolate. The ILs stopped having an Easter egg hunt and that helped considerably. No one missed it either, isn't that funny?

Kathy..I didn't see the youtube video you mentioned, but I saw two doozies yesterday. Here are the links for them. I was in tears with both---happy tears! I can't explain why they struck such a chord with me...maybe my hormones are running amok! Hope you had some good news on the job hunt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EYAUazLI9k

Cristina - your weather sounds great! It has stopped raining and I am trying to get motivated to go for a walk around the park - but it so cold - brr

Mindee - how's the party planning going?

Sassy - Are you feeling better? Hope so.

Sue - How are you doing...any news from the docs? I'm a little behind here so if you already posted it, sorry for being redundant

Jules - hope your cold cleared up ..is your mom feeling any better?

Susan- did you and G have a nice Easter?

HI to Francie, Asia, Tammy and anyone else reading this! Well, guess I had better get moving if I am going to get any exercise today. I just want to be a slug.

FrouFrou
04-14-2009, 04:50 PM
Pretty quiet around here today...

Hiya Katy...thank you for the videos...WOW!!! That Susan can sing can't she? Brought tears to my eyes! She was just amazing and wowed everyone-good for her! Some people are so talented. I am wanting to be a slug as well...but forced myself to get off my arse. Always feel better for doing so but man, just want to be lazy sometimes-wah! Glad you guys had a nice Easter weekend!

Well, just thought I would check in to see if anyone posted. Take care all and hope everyone is having a great day.

tommysgirl18
04-14-2009, 10:05 PM
well, I am sitting down watching some American Idol, eating some rice-a-roni, and catching up online!

I went and cleaned the shower/bathtub after I posted on here. It took me about an hour, and I didn't get it sparkling clean.....but I got it clean enough for me at that point in time. the funniest part was this morning......the boys wanted to take a bath, so I figured that I would kill three birds with one stone and give them all a bath at the same time. we got into the bathroom and Logan was about to get into the bathtub and he goes "mama, a NEW bathtub!" I said "it isn't new, it is just clean!"

I got on the Wii Fit this afternoon and did my complete workout while the kids were in their rooms! I am going to try and do that every day while Brandon is on vacation......let them go into their rooms and play. Although Marissa actually does take a nap, the boys would just play in their room.

our dishwasher is fixed........our friend came over this morning and fixed it! It is a good thing because I was going to call and complain had they not come and fixed it today!

It has been raining all day here......so I couldn't take the kids outside to tire them out that way.

Katy~ The party planning is basically done.....now we just sit and wait for the party to come around! Logan seems to think that it is his birthday too. We have to keep reminding him that his birthday is around Halloween!

That Susan lady was just amazing! I love Les Miserables and she was just amazing!!! And that dance group was great! I remember seeing something about it on Yahoo the other day but I never got a chance to watch the video of it.

those other girls are truly amazing as well!!!!

luckycharm
04-15-2009, 12:07 PM
Well from hanging the clothes out on the line to 15 cm of snow. Gotta just love it....Poor Cody, he took the insurance off his truck and put it on his car, and he was so excited then he got up yesterday morning and looked out the window. :rofl: I wish I had a picture of the look on his face. Then to add salt to his wound, he had to drive our truck. Then because of the storm, we had no internet until last night. A person doesn't realize how often a household uses the computer, until you can't use it.

Cristina - Happy Birthday to your Darling Hubby. (a little late) I am glad that you had a nice dinner. Are you going away? I think I might have missed something. We didn't do anything at all, as my Mom and her sisters went to an all weekend Bingo in another city. They have done it for 6 years now. There is 4 of them, and they all get together from 4 different places and enjoy the long weekend together. I wish I had a sister. Yes I did ask my parents for one for Christmas this year. I think I about gave my dad a heart attack.

Mindee you have a nice neighbor. This is the same neighbor that watches the kids for you? You will not need to get on your wii today, as you must have got a work out cleaning the tub. I know that when I do ours, I can break a good sweat scrubbing it down.

Sassy the one good thing about working the holiday is that you get paid more. I do hope that it was a quiet day though and a little more relaxing. I do hope that you are feeling better. I managed to get some sort of cold/flu that knocked me on my butt Sunday. Still tring to kick it.

Jules that is great that you are toning up. YBB is doing what it says that it will do. I just have to ask..Is it helping with your flexability? I used to be able to touch my toes at one point when I was younger. It would be nice to be able to touch them again.

Sue - How are you feeling? What did you find out from the Dr? :hug: to you. We miss you.

SusieQ - Where are you? What are you doing? Are you out on an extended date with the swimming instructor? Or are you writing your book about him.

Katy sounds like you guys had a nice weekend also. Have you found that now you have made exercise your lent challenge, that it has become a habit for you and you find it a little easier to make room in your day for it?

Hello to everyone else.

Cole is home sick today, what a mean mom I am to pass it on to him...Now I get to enjoy the day by watching the original season 1 and 2 of "The Dukes of Hazard". He loves that show, and we have been watching it for a week now. I do have to say that John Schnieder was sure a hottie. I will be back a little later.

suetalks
04-15-2009, 01:10 PM
Hello...It is gray and chilly here. I am so ready for sunshine. We needed the rain, but enough already!

I finally talked to my Dr. office yesterday. I am going to see another Dr. in May and hope to get answers. The ultrasound showed nothing major. I guess I am going to have to continue to live with the pain.........

I am back on the eating right wagon, but haven't caught the exercise wagon yet. I am trying. My weight is out of control and I have been having too much of a pity party lately. You know, the woe is me thing. I am over that as of today and getting ready to use the trampoline.

Otherwise, all is well. Mom is doing fine and DH is happily whistling and building chairs in the shop. I have still not started on the baby blankets, but plan to this week. I cleaned bathrooms today and will just pick up and dust the rest of the house. Reading another Fern Michael's book, my third in 2 weeks. Then I got 3 more of the Sue Grafton series I needed, so anxious to start those. Have 2 more coming from sis-in-law. I will be busy. :)

Take care ladies and thanks for the good wishes. I will be back for individuals later.

RosieKate
04-15-2009, 03:06 PM
Hey there!

Kathy- it is tempting to take a day off, but doing it everyday for 40 days did make it a habit, so I am trying not to slack off. My back and hip pain is much improved so I just keep reminding myslef of that.

Sue - Sorry you have to keep waiting for answers. Eating right and exercising will help you feel better about everything, right? I was thinking of bringing our little mini - tramp inside and using it with the Wii Fit. Running in place makes my knees hurt, but not on the trampoline.

Cristina and Mindee - you can see why I was in tears...I've seen the Susan Boyle clip all over the internet in the last few days.

Now that I have made myself find a workable daily routine comes the news that my awesome water aerobics instructor will be gone for 6 weeks because she has to have knee surgery. Drat! Hardly any of the subs available at 6 am are as good as she is. Also, track meets are starting up on Saturdays which will mess with my routine on that day. I guess the only thing constant in this life is change, right? I am thinking of doing an Iron Weasel and since I have to change things up anyway, now may be a good time to do it. An Iron Weasel is doing an Iron Man in one month as opposed to one day. I found a spreadsheet that helps keep track of the miles, etc, now I just have to get the gumption to actually do it. In one month I would need to run/walk 26.2 miles, bike 112 miles, swim 2.5 miles. We'll see. if I do it, next week would be a good week to start.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

suetalks
04-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Katy- I have actually learned to do the 15 minute (1 mile) walk on the mini tramp.
Walk in place...2 minutes
side-step.........3 minutes
march..............1 minute
knee lifts..........3minutes
march/walk.......1 minute
kick...................3 minutes
walk or march.....2 minutes

This is basically a walk program which I was doing on the tramp. and am trying to get back to. Counts as 1 mile. I also do it during commercials....lol. Anything to get moving.

FrouFrou
04-15-2009, 05:11 PM
Geez KATY, has it already been 40 days? The time sure flies when you are having fun doesn't it? ;) That's great though, keep up the good work! :carrot: Yikes...lots of luck with your Iron Weasel...lots of working out for sure but I know you can & will do it! You are doing great with the exercise and weight loss!

SUE...that is quite the workout you are doing too! Always good mixing it up...I try to run and walk on the treadmill, doesn't always happen but I do...also, up the speed too, supposed to be a better workout I guess. Sorry you can't find any answers as to what is wrong...don't give up though. Daughter had her pains for a few years and went thru lots of testing and they kept saying it was nothing. They actually could barely tell that she had gallstones...had lots of little bitty ones.

KATHY...I am going away this weekend. I NEED a break from the stress and drama so I kind of invited myself with the son#1. He is going to Missouri to tour a college and I thought it was for the weekend so suggested after the college tour a little jaunt down to AR to visit family. So will tour the College Friday and then head down to AR for the weekend and come back Monday sometime. He has appts/class/tutoring that he has to get back for otherwise we would stay a little longer. Thank you for the links to youtube...some people are so talented I swear! I liked Bianca better than Connie but both are good. That Bianca though...WOW! What a voice! I guess I missed that you were sick, sorry about that...my head has been elsewhere. Hope you and Cole feel better soon...lots of hugs! :hug: :hug:

MINDEE...nothing like having a clean tub eh? Just so we can dirty them up again, lol. At least I don't clean mine...such the pain and Kathy is right, you do/did get a good workout cleaning it. Bet the kids are looking forward to the birthday party this weekend! So did you guys decide on a theme?

SUSAN...where you be missy? I know you are working today so try not to work so hard. Hope you had a great Easter weekend!

JULES...hope you and your mom are feeling better :hug:

FRANCIE...step away from the Twilight stuff and check in missy! ;)

Hello to everyone else wherever you are :wave:

Nothing much going on...went to the post office this morning and mailed some cards, other than that I haven't gotten much done at all. Oh, I did cut my hair...wanted it a little shorter. I get so tired of just pulling it back but with this wind here it's best...so I am sure I will regret it, lol. There's still enough to pull it back but short enough to be a pain on a windy day...in the face. They say that when it gets to the point where all you do is pull your hair back it is time for a cut so. Doing laundry and I did manage to get in a dvd and a walk on the treadmill so I guess I didn't not do anything. Always something to do eh?

Take care ladies, and I hope everyone is having a wonderful day! :hug:

tommysgirl18
04-15-2009, 05:25 PM
just thought I would stop by quickly......

my cold and cough have come back, so I have been taking my cough and cold medicine every four hours........I am hoping to knock it all out of me by this weekend! the kids still have their runny noses, and I have heard the boys coughing.......so if they still sound like that tomorrow, then I will be calling the doctor's office. but they all took their medicine for me at lunch time, so it will be time for another dose here soon!

I actually did break a sweat while I was cleaning the bathtub and didn't even realize it until I stood up! my hair was all over the place because I somewhat pulled it back so it was out of my eyes and face.

right now, I have Marissa and Logan trying to eat me out of house and crackers! Brandon is with our neighbors daughter at her friend Nick's house. I will get them here in a little bit. I didn't get on the Wii Fit today......I have just been so sleepy, so I fell asleep on the couch until our neighbor's daughter came and asked if she could take Brandon outside.

Cristina~ We really don't have a theme for the party.......my sister is making Brandon a Lightning McQueen cake, and she is making Marissa a Sally cake......that is about as far as the theme went!

Mom2Gaby
04-15-2009, 06:11 PM
Hey -

Thank you for the yarn and needles Katy! Sorry I have been so late in saying that I got them. :)

I had a nice Easter, thank you all for asking! :) Sorry I have to make this a quickie, have to go get Gaby from school.

I usually have Mon/Wed off but today I have been looking for a place to live.

I saw the Susan tape just today, what a beautiful singer!

Saw the Swim Instructor today, dressed and dry! I stopped by the pool to use the pay phone and I was walking right behind, didn't even notice it was him til he held the door open for me ....and I said "thank you" and he said "no problem" *sigh.....

lol , funny but he looks different w/ clothes on. I get to see him tonight!

anyway, better get. I will try and write more tomorrow, just wanted to check in. :wave:

Sassy_Chick
04-16-2009, 12:29 AM
Hello All!!

Kathy -- We don't get paid extra for Easter though. Only "Federal Holidays", basically the days that the post office and banks are closed for, we get paid for. Easter, no, we don't get paid any extra for that, wish we did though!! lol. Hope your feeling better!!!!!!!

Well my Dr. put me on a cycle of Provera, which started my AF (Aunt Flo a.k.a Period), then I go in the morning to get a shot, so we'll see how it goes! Please please please send us some +++++++++ thoughts!!! :bb: :preg:

Take Care!!!!

tommysgirl18
04-16-2009, 01:07 AM
stopping in quickly since I see that we are over the 100 post mark.....

I will try and get on here early tomorrow to start a new thread! I didn't realize that we were over that mark yet!

luckycharm
04-16-2009, 01:15 AM
Sassy - :angel::goodvibes:goodluck: Good luck. All my thoughts and prayers are with you. :hug:

FrouFrou
04-16-2009, 05:33 PM
Just dropping by to say HI...had a busy morning/day and I am pooped. Will try to get back later to chat before leaving in the morning. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

tommysgirl18
04-16-2009, 06:07 PM
STOP! DO NOT POST HERE.....SEE YOU IN BIK #76[/SIZE]