Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-26-2009, 04:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/232/135

Default I can't stop eating!!!

Help Guys,

I am eating and eating and eating, oh and did I mention I am eating?

I'm not even hungry as much as I am bored or frustrated and stressed but I have been on a two week eat 5 of everything binge. I don't know why I tell myself tomorrow will be different when I wake up and tell myself "tomorrow" everyday.

I say I am going to jog or eat better or right things down but the willpower to actually do those things just vanishes the second I open my eyes. I use work, school, hubby, kids, cleaning, and just being tired as excuses but they really aren't. I have plenty of time to exercise and they sell healthy food at the grocery store just like they do the junk food but that isn't what ends up in my cart.

Why do I continue to do this to myself and how do I stop? Food is my drug....I am addicted...I want to let it go...I need to let it go....why am I so weak?
txnikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:57 PM   #2  
rainy

How about if you were trying to sort too many things at the same time?

You might try to put *more* healthy foods in the cart at the store next time you go. Don't try to have *only* healthy ones, just *more* than usual.
As well, you might try to exercize just a little more then you do (or don't do). How about once per week? Just 30 mins? Don't try everyday, ask yourself just a minimum committment.
And as for the binging, try to commit to postpone it, of just 5 mins everyday on this week. Of course after 5 mins you can do it, just you have to wait 5 mins, no excuses.
Next week you'll postpone of 10 mins, the next week again it'll be 15 mins...and so on, till you won't need it anymore.

Just my thoughts...hope they help in any way.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:03 PM   #3  
ida

I have been in your situation (and seem to be returning to it once in a while...). My first advice would be - don't panic. Don't beat yourself up for not being able to stop eating, because that will only trigger the desire to eat even more, or atleast that's the way for me. And don't try to change all the bad eating habits at once - start with making your portions a bit smaller. Then maybe eat a fruit instead of a piece of toast. Then make your portions a bit smaller again. Because the thing is, when you eat a lot your stomach gets bigger and you get hungry faster. So trying to return your diet the very first day after a couple of days of non stop eating is really hard, and you probably won't stick to it.

Good luck! x
ida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:42 PM   #4  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

You know how fast that 50 pounds you lost can come back on? VERY QUICKLY. HAve you just given up on your Disney Trip goal? You really want to try and squeeze into the tiny seats on the rides? Come on, you need to stop eating the crap NOW. Not *maybe*, not *try*, I'm saying get your butt into high gear and get back in control of your health.

If this has been going on for 2 weeks, you are spiraling out of control. Have you gained? Have you adjusted your ticker?
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:56 PM   #5  

Its hard to just stop.Food addictions are as real as any other.You can do this,many of us have and are.But its still a struggle>Good luck.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote