Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-24-2009, 12:35 PM   #1  

Question Need help from those who understand!

Hey guys

So I've been trying to lose about 10 pounds for the past several years, and have always bounced between 130 and 140, while I would like to be about 125. It's not a lot of weight to lose, and I always feel like I don't deserve to complain because so many of you have overcome such tremendous hurdles and have lost 30, 50, 100 or even 200 pounds or more! But my issue is that I am an actress, and I really need to be in great bikini shape, yet I can never seem to lose that 10 pounds to get there. I know that the last ten pounds is that hardest, and I know that otherwise I'm totally healthy. It's just that the acting industry has different standards. While I'm by no means striving to be a size zero, I do recognize that being very fit will give me an edge. It's tough to stick to a diet for long because any time I talk to people about it they just say "oh you aren't fat you don't have to worry about it" and eventually I start to believe it and think that I can have that cake or the extra serving, and soon everything goes out the window. I really just need a support group of people who understand, and won't try to derail me because they think I'm obsessive or something. For the record, right now I'm 140 pounds and I'm 5'8". If I could lose 10-15 pounds I think I would be in a shape that would be movie-worthy! Does this make any sense? Or am I really just obsessive?
keepitsimple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:54 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

OMG!!! seems like I wrote it. I am in the same boat than you, except I am not an actress and I just want to be in shape.
I am struggling with this 10 pounds for over an year and it is very hard to lose it, but very easy to gain some more as I am in a constant diet.
I am focused all week long, but when weekend come there is always something to do that include food and there it goes all my efforts.
I am trying to write down all the good motivation’s sentences I know and keep it with me on weekends... Let’s see if that will work...
I also need help!!!
belezura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:35 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey gals! Have you found the Featherweights forum? It's for folks who don't have a lot of pounds to lose and/or are close to their goal!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=197

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Or the weight lifting thread. Those gals are small, tight, fit ....

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=80
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/196/135

Height: 5'7"

Ooooh, a fellow actress. Hello there!

I don't think you're obsessive at all. Acting is super competitive so I understand exactly why you want to lose those 10 pounds. What kind of "diets" do you go on? If they're too extreme, maybe that's the issue? I would suggest just making small changes until you're eating healthy and staying in a certain calorie range, unless you have a time limit. I have more to lose than you, but as soon as I started eating fruits, veggies, and whole grains instead of empty carbs and more empty carbs, the weight was dropping off pretty quickly.

As for people trying to derail you, I get that too. You just have to learn to ignore them and remember why you want to lose weight in the first place. Easier said than done, I know, but eventually, you learn to do it.
cammieb is offline   Reply With Quote