Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-24-2009, 11:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 193/190-ish/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Frustration!

It's that delightful time of the month that I'm sure many of you are familiar with...and one of the many kinds of misery it brings me is cravings for sugar - specifically the bad kind of sugar. I've been eating way too many sweets - mostly "diet" ones (Skinny Cow, Weight Watchers) but still too much of them!

But today was really exasperating. I've eaten something like 1500 calories today (It's not even noon!) and I haven't even had anything good! A can of Chunky Soup (500 cals give or take), two big bowls of Cheerios (I'm not kidding when I say big, something like a third to a half of the box! So nearly 500 cals there) and about 500 cals' worth of cranberry juice!

Man, I can't even binge right any more!

Sigh. No more snacking for the day, I suppose, and I'll do better tomorrow. (I've got to stop falling asleep before dinner so I'm not this hungry in the morning!)

Last edited by Violet; 03-24-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:47 PM   #2  
Meow

I was in the same boat as you last week! It is frustrating. All I did was exercise a bit more for the extra food that I ate and tried not to go above the "maintenance" level of calories so I didn't go into the weight gain section.. so ya.. if you feel like you are going to binge, head for the carrots instead of something else lol
kalikat003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/248/160

Height: 5'11"

It's that time of the month for me too. I'm craving everything! Chocolate is a big one but in my food/candy obsessed mind it's one thing after another. Sometimes things I don't even particularly like make star appearances. I managed to do well until yesterday evening.

A friend wanted to go to a gourmet pizza parlor and I was dragged along with her. Baaaad! I had a small and told myself I'd only eat two slices. I ended up eating it all and started eyeballing the bread sticks. I finally had the waitress take them away. On the walk home I passed an icecream parlor. I just about had to drag myself away kicking and screaming .

Today, I swear the cravings are worse.

MN.
ManyNamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:55 PM   #4  

TOM cravings are killer...I don't have much advice, I'm still lookin for answers myself. I feel like exercise helps with cravings around TOM though
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/225/145

Height: 5'6

How do you know id you have binge ED? I believe I show the symptoms lord knows I have the background, What do I do about it?
Hippiechic20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:00 AM   #6  
vegetarian always :)

S/C/G: 168/150.5/135

Height: 5'6"

Well, I'm not sure I have the credentials to tell you whether or not you do, but this is what the National Institute of Health says BED is:

■Eat much more quickly than usual during binge episodes.
■Eat until they are uncomfortably full.
■Eat large amounts of food even when they are not really hungry.
■Eat alone because they are embarrassed about the amount of food they eat.
■Feel disgusted, depressed, or guilty after overeating.

If you feel like your eating is out of your control, no matter how hard you try to diet or restrict yourself, you might have it. My suggestion is to get professional help, if you can. Therapy seems to be the most successful way to change the behavior, because it is an eating disorder and it's hard to coach yourself out of it. That is just my opinion though, I have struggled with it for years and I still don't understand it. These forums do help though! It is great to hear insight and ideas from other people.

I hope you find what you are looking for! Best of luck
dragonfly21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 282/282/145

Height: 5' 5''

http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/

I was surfing around for something that may help you and found this link to the National Eating Disorders Associate website. It's somewhere to start anyway. Click the "Get Help" button & there is a helpline number 800-931-2237 where you can apparently get referrals to local help. Phone lines are open M-F 8:30-4:30 Pacific time.

If you do find that you have and ED, you're not alone. Most of us here probably do. So, keep coming back for information and encouragement. Hang in there!
ThinkinThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 230/225/145

Height: 5'6

SO it the most horrible time of the month and I just recently stepped on a scale.I;vegained back every pound I've lost. I am now back at 230. Nothing ever works and I really do feel like I will be fat forever. I know its only 5 pounds but it feels like a ton. My emotions are so far gone right now my boyfriend thinks he's ****ed up somehow.

I just want it all to go away i am SO TIRED of being fat.

In reflection, I'm sure I'm just PMSING and this too shall pass, I just feel so "Dam* Unpretty."
Hippiechic20 is offline   Reply With Quote