Old 03-22-2009, 07:39 PM   #1  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Default Apetite

Strange thing, apetite. Just yesterday or was it the day before, memory, I ran out of calories quite early on, so didn't have the evening meal of choice.
Today was to be a higher total day, and I did eat more than yesterday but when I stopped eating at 'nicely replete', I still had 200 calories to go. Still have them, can't see the point of eating them, I'll try and get them in tomorrow, my current fear is of repeatedly going too low when I've still got a l-o-ng way to go.

I know it's not strange really, I know I just need to start doing some comparisons to see which foods keep me feeling full and which not.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:43 PM   #2  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I find as well that depending on what time of the month it is (if you get my drift) influences my hunger. Like for the last two weeks have not even thought of food other than to prepare and eat it. non issue. Yesterday and today? It was in my thoughts a LOT. Now I'm eating the same foods but my appetite changed! My thoughts are usually hormonal issues do this to me.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 305/172.6/135

Height: 5foot 4 inches

I agree, one day I can feel like I want to eat everything in sight, and really need to fight the urges to stay within my calorie range. Other days I am below calories and feel totally satisfied (I like these days the best). It is hormonal I think, also depends on how busy I am. If Im busy, I dont focus as much on eating
HVEECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 03:50 AM   #4  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Well, Flo don't come to call no more - but for all I know (I've have shown myself on this site to be sadly ignorant of how the body works) there could still be hormones surging about.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:38 AM   #5  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Well, Flo don't come to call no more
Love it!

My Flo don't come to call no more either!

Anyway, hormones to influence your appetite but so does your diet. If I don't get enough protein, I get hungry. If I eat sugar or a large amount of carbs, I want to eat everything in sight!

It is great that you are
Quote:
some comparisons to see which foods keep me feeling full and which not.
I think that learning about ourselves can make us successful. Also look for patterns in your diet, such as being hungry on days that you have not had much meat. It can take some time to figure out what works for you.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:56 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 290/See Ticker/150

Height: 5ft 4 inches

Oh man do I understand!

A couple of days ago I had a carb FIT! There was no other way to describe it. If it was a carb, I had to eat it. I ate almost a whole loaf of fresh baked Italian bread, and a few hot cross buns. This after a solid two weeks of eating mostly proteins and being very food minded in general.

Then, last night, even though I know better, I had TWICE the amount of brownies I had planned on eating (once I had one, I was dieing for more) and then I even had some ice-cream.

Then I realized that I have been feeling hormonal... SIGH. I guess I know its about time for Flo to visit. That explains the cravings, but I still should have handled them better.

I need to start watching calories and not just fat. I have a hard time with calorie counting because I make so much stuff at home. Its a bit overwhelming sometimes. However, maybe I could save myself a lot of insanity and guilt if I did.

I swear, sometimes our own bodies want to sabotage us!
irishsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:21 AM   #7  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

[QUOTE=Ailidh;2665512]still had 200 calories to go. Still have them, can't see the point of eating them, I'll try and get them in tomorrow, my current fear is of repeatedly going too low when I've still got a l-o-ng way to go.

QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry about going too low. You'd have to be eating under 700 calories a day for many days in a row before it would really hurt you. I am a firm believer that if your body wants you to eat more, it'll tell you. If you don't feel hungry, you are probably just fine.

Congratulations on your progress!
freshmanweightorbust is offline   Reply With Quote