Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-22-2009, 06:48 PM   #1  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Default My Pudgy Wrinkle-Free Face Has Gone South

I've been staying on program and eating well, exercising and losing weight... I've been losing at a healthy rate and I'm proud of myself, but boy my face is changing fast... When I was heavier my face was pudgy and the wrinkles were less obvious, WOW.. I'm noticing every line and wrinkle... and they are very deep ... worst is the 'gobble-gobble' at my chin... It's awful...
The first place I lose weight is my face... but this time around its so obvious ... It won't stop me from staying OP, because the positives certainly out weigh the vanity 'for now'... but I may need a chin-lift...
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 201.8/155.2/158

Height: 5 7

I'm right there with you, I have been wearing turtlenecks all winter to avoid showing my neck, now the summer is coming and I have no idea what to do
cdawnfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

My facial imperfections are definately becoming more pronounced lately, too.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:23 PM   #4  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

WHAT?!!!

You go MIA and you come back here all concerned about your face?...

OMGoodness! SWEET-C....the season is about to start!

WINK!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:49 PM   #5  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Oh, I know EZ... I'll get used to my brand new face.. and its flaws...
I've been computer-less and finally got back on line last week...
I've been behaving though... down about 15 pounds..
Can't wait for season to start !
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/see tracker/180

Height: 5 ft 7 in

My sister said to me today "I can tell you are losing weight, your wrinkles are showint". Gee, thanks, I think
jademarlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:19 PM   #7  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

LOL - it is a RUDE result of losing this weight. My face looks 10 years older - to me. No one else seems to notice!

Nevertheless - I am so much healthier, and happier - it is WORTH a few extra wrinkles!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:34 AM   #8  
Grasshopper

S/C/G: 197/117/100

Height: 4'10"

I'm with you, wrinkles, gobbler....sigh. Double chins gone, but that loose skin is a nightmare. Now if only I can go through life looking waaaay up at the ceiling......it disappears!

Last edited by RedKat; 03-23-2009 at 07:34 AM.
RedKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:34 AM   #9  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Caroline,

I am right there with you. I knew that when I started losing weight this would happen but now I see it in the mirror. Why couldn't I have lost that weight in my upper arms instead of in my face??? Under my chin I can actually see lines that I think are faded stretch marks!

Anyway, I have decided that if a lined and wrinkled face is the price that I have to pay to feel so much better. It is worth the price.

People used to be surprised that I have a 30 year old daughter. They would say that I did not look old enough. I often replied, "Fat fills out wrinkles!"
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:16 PM   #10  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

oh god- here i've been worrying that my boobs are going to look like two plastic grocery sacks with an orange in each one - and now i have to worry about my face too?!?!?!
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:22 PM   #11  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

My face looks much better than before I began losing weight. Some of this is the high quality of my nutrition now, but some of it is because I am using skin products specifically for wrinkles and loose skin, and also dark circles under my eyes. Currently I'm very pleased with Neutrogena's "Healthy Skin" cleanser (has alpha-hydroxy acid for wrinkles and salicylic acid for the acne I'm still prone to) and moisturizer (has retinol for wrinkles, and a sunscreen). Been using those for a few months on my face, neck, and hands, and my skin looks fabulous. I'm just beginning to try out using a Neutrogena night cream as well to see if that furthers the benefits.

IMO, with the improved nutrition and right skin care, I look younger than I am.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:32 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Give it sometime, you face may "readjust" again after you are done losing weight. It seems to have done that for me (or maybe I just got used to it.) I do see more wrinkles than before, but I certainly think my face looks better now than it did mid-process. So give your skin some time to "bounce back". Skin takes time to recover.

I've noticed this with other areas of my body too. It took about 6-12 months for certain places to firm up (skin wise) and not be saggy. There is hope!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:39 PM   #13  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I started a savings plan for my eventual "after market" work...the complete body lift, putting "The Girls" back in their rightful place and excess chin elimination. Started shopping for a doctor as well, and been reading all sorts of stuff on getting skin to shrink.

The prevailing non-surgical wisdom is that it takes a couple of years after achieving a low enough percentage of body-fat for the skin to shrink into place. And depending on age and genetics, it may not snap-to entirely. Our body-fat has an undercarriage of support that loses structure as our energy storage system melts away. It takes time for it to shrink up, and that is best achieved through weight training (with heavier weights) and activities like Pilates.

To get the skin back into place, you can try some dry brushing before showering, to clear out dead skin cells. Deep tissue massage is supposed to help, as well as good nutrition and lots of water to drink.

I read that getting body-fat down below 20% and staying on a calorie-deficit get your body to go after the excess skin for nutrition.

So, I don't have personal experience of all of this. I'm still Amoeba Woman! I'm just sharing.

Georgia
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:58 PM   #14  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Well... you could look at it this way:

Be fat, and as you get older have a plump face (for awhile), along with a high probability of high blood pressure, diabetes, and heart disease,

or

Lose weight and maintain your loss, and have some sagging and wrinkling, and a high probability of good blood pressure, good blood sugar, possible freedom from heart disease, and an active, enjoyable life.

So...

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:33 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 225/178.5/135

Height: 5'3

I fear that as well, but the way I look at it is that chemical peels, Botox and high-end wrinkle creams are options for me in the future -- and worth it if it means I am healthier and smaller.
Bumbleberry is offline   Reply With Quote