Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2002, 10:24 PM   #1  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Default What do you do with laughing cow cheese?

I've heard around that "laughing cow" cheese is a great staple on ww. I purchased some today.. now what?

Do you just eat right out of the wrapper? spread it on a cracker? cook with it?

I am looking forward to this product.. I live in Wisconsin - I have to love cheese. Any ideas would be great.. thanks!

Dana
235/224/212 10% mini goal
Old 05-31-2002, 02:05 AM   #2  

I love the laughing cow light flavored wedges. My favorite way to use them is to take several slices of low-fat ham and spread them with my wedge of cheese, then roll up. Makes a great protein snack. Tastes an awful lot like an appetizer I used to make (with full fat cream cheese) before WW. It's yummy. I have also spread it on toasted light bread (instead of mayo or mustard) for a great sandwich (just add the lunch meat of your choice).
Old 05-31-2002, 09:03 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

This is one of my staples as well. I spread one wedge on 7 reduced fat triscuits for a 3 point snack. I know members who use it on bagels, baked potatoes, celery, etc. I've gotten the regular laughing cow and it's only 1 point per wedge, which is the same as the light. It's one of my favorites!
Old 05-31-2002, 05:51 PM   #4  

Default Cheese

They are good spread on some crackers,or my favorite cut up a red delicious apple and get two triangles of cheese,bite tip of cheese and bite apple,and chew it together and it tastes really good.
Old 05-31-2002, 06:39 PM   #5  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Angry

I like these too. I'll throw one in my lunch bag and have a 1 point snack all by itself. I've also put a wedge on the two halves of a lite English muffin for two points total. All the other ideas are great. It's a nice, smooth, tasty cheese--a little like other higher fat cheeses. Hope you like it.
Old 05-31-2002, 09:41 PM   #6  
Is is spring yet??

I love this cheese! Its so good!

I like to take a wedge (it goes a long way) and use it on reduced fat triscuits and then I put a dab of salsa on top of the cheese. ITS DEVINE!!!

I am going to have some right now!

Thanks for the reminder

Tara
Old 06-02-2002, 02:00 PM   #7  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

This cheese is soooo good! thanks for all the great ideas. What I like about it is how easy it is to spread straight from the fridge. I've been using it on natural ovens bread (2 pts) lightly toasted with 1 oz of chicken and onion. I spread the cheese on as if it were butter

Does anyone cook with it?

Dana
Old 06-02-2002, 08:04 PM   #8  
I WILL get to my goal!

Talking

I was wondering what the Laughing Cow cheese was myself. I am glad I read through this thread because now I am dying to go find some!

Thanks all!
Old 06-04-2002, 09:27 AM   #9  

Here's a yummy recipe:

Take some chicken breasts, pound them out. Place a slice of lean ham and a laughing cow wedge in the middle of each chicken breast. Roll it all up, use toothpicks to secure.
Place seam down on baking sheet, sprinkle with a bit of Shake N' Bake and bake for about 35 min at 350F.

Delicious and only 5 points each!!! Enjoy!
Old 06-06-2002, 09:54 AM   #10  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

Default a great 4 pt breakfast

This morning i made an amazing 4 pt breakfast

egg whites 1pt
red pepper and onions 0 pts - got to get those veggies in
2 T of LF cheese
~ what a wonderful and filling 2 pt omlete

2 slices of natural ovens toast 1pt
"buttered" with 1 laughing cow cheese 1 pt

I am almost always looking for ways to replace butter.. I am almost off butter completely!!! The laughing cow cheese adds so much more flavour then butter would have.. AND has less points!

Laughing cow is a bit pricey.. I paid $3.69 for it - is that about right?

Don't you just love finding new products

Dana
235/219/212 10% ww mini goal
Old 06-06-2002, 12:33 PM   #11  

Height: 6'0"

Hey, Slimdown

I bought some laughing cow cheese because of this thread, but I haven't tried it yet. I like the idea of putting it on toast--I'm going to try it.

BTW, congratulations on your weight loss. You go, girl.
Old 06-10-2002, 01:30 PM   #12  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

spread laughing cow on celery! what a great tasty way for me to get my veggies in!! (5 a day is a personal goal every day!)

Dana
Old 07-11-2002, 11:45 AM   #13  

I sometimes pop one right out of the fridge for a great little snack, but i like to spread one on five melba toast rounds at night for a great low point snack. Enjoy!!! Diane
Old 07-20-2002, 10:01 PM   #14  

Hi, I just found this recipe on the WW boards. I tried it last night, and it was so good. Cook 1 box of frozen chopped spinach according to directions. I used the microwave. Drain the spinach well. I usually wait until it cools to the touch, and I actually squeeze the spinach. Then add 4 wedges of the Laughing Cow Light cheese to the container, and microwave until hot. Stir about midway. I served them on artichoke bottoms that I drained, rinsed, and boiled for about 5 minutes, just to soften them up. I served the bottoms with the spinach and cheese spooned on top! What a great veggie dish! And it was only 2 points for half the spinach! You could leave a little of the spinach liquid in and serve as a dip with low fat chips or crackers, but I only had 2 extra points for a snack.
Hope you enjoy!

tcher1977
Old 07-22-2002, 11:50 AM   #15  

Default Here's another one!

Here's another recipe that was just posted on the WW site by VJSULL:

take two corn tortillas(1 point apiece), spread them with 1 wedge of Laughing Cow Cheese, and then top with sauteed veggies. I used peppers, onions, mushrooms and roasted red peppers. It is fantastic! This is a great way to use fresh summer produce, such as zucchini and tomatoes. Try it! Only 3 points for the whole thing!

Sound good to me. I may try this for lunch today.
Closed Thread