Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2002, 05:20 PM   #1  

Default Ice Cream and Hot Fudge

Today has been a sucky day.
Yesterday i was so proud of myself for running/walking in the neighborhood instead of just giving up. The treadmill at the gym was broken.. but instead of giving up.. I did the next best thing. I may not have gone as far or run as hard.. but I did. It felt good.

Today though.. has completly flipped. My boyfriend and I got into a fight.. and of course he claims its my fault. often times it is.. but this time I know it isnt (its a bit too personal to post..). So, now all I can think about is crying over a hot fuge sundae. I know it wont make me feel 100% better.. but sometimes it helps.

Is that so bad? Or have we been taught that using food as a way to make us feel better is bad? Is it bad to do it now and then? Its not like I am buying a carton of ice cream? So why do I feel do I feel a bit guilty though?

*sigh*

-Tanya
Old 05-30-2002, 05:28 PM   #2  

Tonya,
why not walk to the nearest place to get that hot fudge sunday, if it's not to far. The walk will help you to clear your mind, burn off a few calories & give you time to decide if you truily want it. I must admire you though, i would go strait for the carton.
Good Luck,
MrsM
Old 05-30-2002, 05:39 PM   #3  

Default Walk it off

Yeah.. I'll have to walk a good 8 blocks to get there anyways.. so theres no getting around that
I dont mind.. I'm going to work out tonight anyways.

But still.. I guess I dont understand why its so engraved in my mind that eating something that I enjoy to make myself feel better is so bad.. So not only do we have the torture of feeling crappy about ourselves.. we get subjected to more crap when we do something to make ourselves feeel better. (of course.. this is as long as its not a habit.. which it isnt)

-Tanya
Old 05-31-2002, 10:34 AM   #4  

Don't kid yourself...even the skinniest and fittest of women are comforted by comfort food...it isn't just us.....and if you want it, have it, but don't beat yourself up about the food...focus on the issue at hand...maybe only have a small sundae and then think through the problem...I think it is only negative eating if it is used to "medicate, or forget"...like drugs alcohol or binge eating.....that is my take on it....I try to remember that nothng will taste as good as being fit will feel and the best revenge to those in our lives who are non-supportive...an I have alot of those types around...is to get fit and lovely..and someday it just might happen Have a great day! Liz
Old 05-31-2002, 11:01 AM   #5  

Default You are right

Thanks Liz. I agree totally that being fit is the best way to feel better. Just somedays are harder than others.

Thanks!

-Tanya
Closed Thread