South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-20-2009, 10:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 48/45/20

Height: 5'2"

Default Gave in today, what would you do?

Today was Day 14 of P1 for me and I've been really good the past 2 weeks, haven't had any sugar or anything. Then this afternoon I totally gave in and ate 5 cookies (they were small, but still) and had about 3 handfulls of Cheezits So, now I'm wondering about going into tomorrow...do I just continue on w/ P2, or should I maybe keep to P1 a couple more days to get what I just ate out of my system...what do you think? I really struggle w/ having an all or nothing mentality about things, and when I did SBD before, I pretty much did the same thing, and then felt like I'd totally messed up the 2 weeks I had just come through. Please help! How should I deal with this?

Thanks!
Jenny
jennygirl531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:42 PM   #2  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

If it were me, I would definitely do a few more days on P1 to detox from your detour today. It will straighten things out before moving into P2. I'm an all or none mentality too. But once I start losing, it seems like that is such motivation for me, I really get excited about sticking with the plan. Get right back OP & good luck!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:02 PM   #3  

i would probably do a couple more days of ph1 while you see if you are having any cravings, then move on!
liemypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 238/Tick/185

Height: 5' 8"

If it was me, I think I would get back OP and do a few more days of P1 or you are just going to crave and crave and crave...But let the pros give their advice!
movielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:41 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Sounds like you got good advice Jenny. I'd go with the 2-3 days more of P1 and check cravings. If you don't have any then start a slow, careful transition to P2. I'd ask why you had those things too. Was it cravings, boredom, peer pressure, stress.... I like to know what my triggers are so I can adjust and face them better in the future.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:03 AM   #6  
Maintenance May 2011

S/C/G: 312/149/150

Height: 5'6"

OK, so I'm going to be the different one here...I'd ease into PH2 with the addition of 1 grain and 1 fruit. It made all the difference in the world for me. When I couldn't have any starches on PH1, I became obsessed with them. That one starch serving calmed that beast!

p.s. Stay away from the cookies & cheezits!!
mizski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:17 PM   #7  

Thanks everyone! I was leaning towards staying w/ P1 a couple days to detox what I ate yesterday and that seems to be the general consensus here. As to why I ate those things...can I lay it at the feet of PMS? I'd been doing really well these past couple weeks, then all of the sudden the past 3 days became really hard, with very strong cravings. I came home yesterday and the kids had made the cookies, so they were just staring me in the face. I finally gave in and had one, but then felt like since I had that one I may as well have another...it went downhill from there. But, low and behold, woke up this morning and my monthly "friend" has arrived...and I'm feeling much better. Also, I had hardly eaten anything yesterday and was really hungry...not a good thing to do!

Anyway, thanks everyone! Hope you all have a great weekend! ~Jenny
Old 03-21-2009, 05:47 PM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Jenny - A lot of Chicks struggle with TOM related cravings but I bet that you would have made it through if you had eaten regular meals. I know that for me letting myself get too hungry is always a danger. One other thought - there's someone on 3FC (can't remember who) who says that just because you tripped on one stair doesn't mean you need to throw yourself down the whole flight. If you give in to one cookie you can walk away and leave it at one I know so many people, myself included in the past, who think that just because they went off plan a little the whole day is ruined. I figure one cookie is less time on the treadmill than 6

How is today going? Any problem with cravings?
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 01:29 PM   #9  

Cindy,

That's totally how I always feel! (had 1, ruined the whole day!) which is generally why I end up eating more and more! I'm feeling ok today, though it looks like I'm going to go forward w/ P2, rather than P1 for a few more days. I started yesterday eating P1, and I just didn't have it in me mentally to stick with the strictness of it. So today I had oatmeal for breakfast...it was so nice!!! I figure if I can keep on track with P2 here and then feel I need to go back to P1 for a couple days, maybe I'll attempt that. And now I know I need to be very aware of eating enough so I don't trip on that step b/c I'm too hungry! (going to keep that little anology in my head!) Thanks for the encouragement! ~Jenny