Support Groups - Crazy Canuks Cluck Club - SPRING 2009

meowee
03-20-2009, 09:10 AM
Okay . . . it's finally here -- at least officially -- It is SPRING :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Here's our new chat thread for this glorious season, gang -- just a special little place in the big 3FC word where we can talk about Canadian 'stuff' like the products available in our stores and, of course, metric things -- such as the weather and the price of gasoline per litre -- without everyone scratching their heads. :lol:

meowee
03-20-2009, 09:14 AM
Looking a little overcast out my windows this morn ing, but it is supposed to get a bit sunnier later. Sadly though, snow is in the forecast for Monday/Tuesday; but a lot can change by then. :crossed:

I celebrated the arrival of the new season by removing the blanket I tack up over my sunroom door during the winter to help keep out the westerly wind drafts. From the feel of things, I may be rushing it a little, but I really don't care -- at least the room looks more "springlike".

What are you doing to celebrate today?????

fatmad
03-20-2009, 09:18 AM
Hurray, its the first day of spring. Thanks meowee for starting our new thread.
Its my daughter's birthday, or should I say it my birthing day, (I should be the one getting gifts for labouring and giving birth, I say) so I will have to watch the partying, a bunch of teenagers is coming to take over my house tonight, with all the junk food that implies!
It is sunny, and will go above freezing today, but was cold last night, perfect maple syrup weather! Another thing to watch out for.
Off to exercise on the wii, or maybe a walk outside after breakfast.

srmb60
03-20-2009, 09:26 AM
Happy Spring!

I don't mind a little frost on the windshield if we have lovely, balmy afternoons. I even got out some things to start seeds :D

Ruthxxx
03-20-2009, 09:49 AM
:encore: :encore: :encore: :encore: :encore: :encore: :encore: :encore: :encore:

I refuse to even think about snow. If it comes, I'll pretend it's goose poop! I may celebrate by digging our a flowered jacket.

Shhhh but it's pretty early for us around here. :crossed:

2b125by46
03-20-2009, 01:54 PM
I love that it is now spring.

I am still working on getting better. The coughing spells are killer. I find it so comical that I get sick during my time off and don't have to ask for any.

I had such plans for this March break. Spring cleaning, changing the furniture around in my bedroom, walking the dog b/c the weather although not always warmish has been sunny. Instead I have spent the entire holiday in bed. I go back to work on Monday. This is why you really shouldn't plan things, something comes along and screws up your plans.

meowee
03-21-2009, 09:47 AM
:wave:

Sunny and cold this morning . . . but no snow, so far. :lol:

Ruthxxx
03-21-2009, 10:03 AM
Same stuff here, Meowee, at -5 this morning. The dogs and I had a fire in the woodstove last night. I've been using the electric heater in that back room rather than using the stove. My Hydro bill is a bit higher than normal and I still have over two cords of wood to burn so...... It's still too cold to work outside but the sunshine is sure nice! :sunny:

2B, the cleaning will still be there in the fall so focus on getting better. I haven't done Spring cleaning for years and will never catch up if I start.

The lads are in sheer heaven around here with the sap running so well and syrup ready to sell. A couple of the pancake houses are already open and doing a trade on sunny days. Ah, Spring! :encore: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :encore:

2b125by46
03-22-2009, 02:38 AM
Today was the first day in 10 days that I did not have any coughing spells. I haven't as yet overheated myself to see if that will bring one on. I am going to wait until Monday before I try doing anything other than walking from the kitchen to the bedroom.

I am also starting to get my voice back. Its still a little deep but not a whisper. By Monday it should be back completely.

meowee
03-22-2009, 03:19 PM
Oh oh . . . the sun is disappearing . . . guess we are gearing up for the snow again. :s:

betternbetter
03-23-2009, 12:14 PM
Good morning. It is so nice to think that it's finally spring. The first day of spring it was so nice to look out the window and see 4 robins in my back yard. I think they were waiting for the magic first day too!

We are getting lots of rain here in the East Kootenays but I can take that over the snow any day!

betternbetter
03-25-2009, 12:30 PM
Well it's a snowy day here today...I am thinking that it's a typical March but I really am hoping that it will melt quickly ..
Our neighbor across the road has great sun exposure in his large yard and yesterday he was out raking.. I think it's his fault that the snow is happening!

greeneggsandtam
03-25-2009, 03:20 PM
Hello from Saskatchewan! It's Snowing STILL. Makes me crazy. I've been holding a personal protest against the weather for the past month-- teaching in a fleece, a pair of jeans and sorels. The weather hasn't budged on the issue so I may have to concede that it will do what it does on its own time.
Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the day!!
Tam

meowee
03-25-2009, 04:13 PM
We got 16" (that's right, sixteen inches) of snow yesterday. Not sure how they could measure it since it was blowing around so much, but that's the official word. It's still cold and very windy today. Gotta :love: SPRING in CANADA, eh.

meowee
03-26-2009, 09:10 AM
The sun is shining and the wind is relatively calm but no melting so far. Hopefully it will begin a little later. :yes:

betternbetter
03-26-2009, 04:20 PM
The temperature is slowly going up today ! We have gorgeous blue skies and sunshine I am going to go enjoy some of it before I have to work this evening! Hope everyone is enjoying their day where ever they are!

meowee
03-27-2009, 11:59 AM
No sun around here but the temperatures are on the rise -- as evidenced by the heavy fog first thing this morning. And, wonder of wonders, I finally saw my first robin. He stood out magnificently against the solid whiteness of my yard. :lol:

2b125by46
03-28-2009, 01:40 PM
I am going to talk weight loss. I have been having such a hard time staying focused. The 4th month of the years starts in 4 days and I am no less than I was on Jan. 1.

I woke up this morning determined to get my act together and lose this weight.

Has anyone else had a hard time staying focused and wants to change it around. Maybe we can do it together. Keeping us focused on the prize, our GOAL weight. Mine is 125 lbs by June 9 2010, that is 438 days from today. That gives me 62.5 weeks until my birthday. If I exercise 3 days a week and lose 3 lbs a week I will be very close to my goal.

Is there any other Canadian here who wants to talk weight loss and lose the weight now?

meowee
03-28-2009, 06:17 PM
I do know how you feel . . . I was stuck at the same place for 2 months after gaining 5 pounds since the end of October and it's been a fight for March too. I lose weight very, very slowly and retain water like a sponge if I'm not careful with the salty stuff. Part of it, for me, is because of having to be on insulin, of course . . . but, you do what you have to do.

My first goal is to get back to where I was at the beginning of October -- 210 -- and, barring all sorts of horrors in the next couple of days, I think I just may make it. :crossed: After that . . . hey, at the rate my scale-:devil: moves, I'll be happy to lose a pound or two a month. :halfempty In 2006, things went fairly well and I lost my first 45 pounds :carrot: For 2007 and 2008, things got down to a crawl and I managed 15 pounds in each of those two years. So far 2009 is going in the wrong direction. It gets harder as you get older and it gets harder to stay focused the longer you are trying. The good thing is, that even after I slip sideways a little, I now tend to get back into the better eating habits more easily. I don't actually have a final goal because I stink at meeting goals. After I finally get to "onderland", I'll decide on the next stop.

My best advice for you . . . keep your eye on the prize and keep putting one foot in front of the other on the downward road. All you can do is your best. Just don't let the total distance scare you. Above all, never give up. :hug:

Ruthxxx
03-29-2009, 10:13 AM
Yup, maybe we talk about the weather to avoid talking weightloss.

Like Meowee, I am very slow to lose - and quick to gain. After my knee operation last year I got down to 189 - for about 20 minutes! :( The summer and it's BBQs and wine drinking got me back up to 205 by NY's. It's certainly slow - having an antique metabolism plus diabetes doesn't help.

Today I was 200.6 - just on the cusp of ONEderland.

Let's set some goals for the end of April and meet them for a change. I intend to be 195 or lower. My March goal was to be under 200 and I just may make it. (It's so discouraging to be struggling with the same 10-15 pounds all over again but I'm tough!)

meowee
03-29-2009, 10:49 AM
Yay . . . I'm a smidge under the 210 this morning and the blood sugar level is pretty good, too. As my siggie says, "Onward and Downward".

However, the weather is important too and northeastern NS is working on another fine and sunny day. :yes:

2b125by46
03-29-2009, 08:44 PM
My goal for April is to work out 20 min. 4 days a week and to be in the 220's by April 30th. I also want to get 8 hrs of sleep each night.

What plan is everyone doing? I am doing the Atkins plan. I find it works best for me. I am also journaling my foods in a book and on a website. The website keeps track of my calories and carbs. I have also decided to use stars. Remember when you were a kid and when you did good you got a star. Well for every day I stay on plan and exercise 15 min. or more I put a star on the fridge Calendar.

I also found a website that can morph pictures of me 50 lbs lighter. I sent one the was 245 and they sent me one back of what I would look like at 195. I didn't see much differance until I saw the pics side by side. So I have something to aim for.

meowee
03-29-2009, 09:16 PM
I don't "do" a particular plan . . . guess it's sort of a cross between a low GI/GL regimen, and Volumetrics. I try to average 40% carb;30% fat; 30% protein and don't worry too much on a day by day basis or even a week by week basis; so I guess there are elements of calorie cycling in there too. My personal bottom line is that you honestly have to follow something you can live with forever.

betternbetter
03-30-2009, 04:41 PM
I was kind of wondering about this thread...I thought it was very strange that there is a lot of talk of weather and not much on weight loss....

I am very glad to talk of the real issues! ;)

I follow the Body for Life program and have been fairly successful so far. I just finished my 12 week challenge and will be starting another one next Monday. I got sick the last few days and didn't finish strong but it is what it is and I will keep at it. I am glad to have the few days to recuperate so I can go strong next week! I lost 12 inches and 12.8 pounds in my 12 weeks :carrot: Not too shabby!

I am turning 40 in June and I intend to be in the best shape of my life!

2b125by46
03-30-2009, 05:51 PM
I have heard of this plan can you to tell me more about it. You can either do it here or send me a "private message".

I heard that it is only 20 min of cardio a day and then strength training every other, is this right.

Thanks,

2b

betternbetter
03-30-2009, 06:10 PM
Hi 2b

BFL is one of those programs that you really like or hate. I truly love it. I have done other weight loss programs but this is the one that "fit" me. It is a great ballance of diet and nutrition and exercise.

You do cardio 3 times a week and weight training on 3 days plus there is 1 free day.

I highly recommend that you google BFL. I am not sure about posting links on here...

2b125by46
03-31-2009, 07:50 AM
Thank you Betternbetter for taking the time, I will do that.

2b

meowee
03-31-2009, 08:03 AM
Good Morning . . . :grouphug:

Unfortunately, I had a run-in with some (more than half a pound) not so very lean ground beef yesterday. Hey, if nothing else, all the fat definitely keeps my percentge of carbs for the day looking low. :lol: Too bad it doesn't do the same for the calories.

All in all though, March has been pretty good and it looks like I'll get to move my ticker a whole 5 pounds downward although I'll actually wait until tomorrow morning; just in case a miracle occurs overnight, you understand.

Nothing big in my plans for today because it is very wet, wild, and WHITE out there. seems that Ma Nature has decided to revise the old March adage for northeastern Nova Scotia to . . . "in like a lion; out like the entire pride" . . . :mad: . . . Seems like a good day for some more housework and maybe a little knitting.

Hope the rest of you have a great Spring day . . . :wave:

2b125by46
04-01-2009, 12:58 PM
Here are a few of the most popular best days as published in the Farmers' Almanac. Each activity is followed by the best day of the current month.

It's widely believed by many long-time Almanac followers that when the Moon occupies a particular place in the Zodiac each day at 7:00 a.m. EST, it can play an important role in achieving the best possible results for certain activities.

We share some of these best days each month. To know the Best Days each month you can pick up your own Famers' Almanac. I own 2.

Castrate Farm Animals 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
Dig Holes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
Dig Post Holes 19, 20
Harvest 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
Pick Apples and Pears 15, 16, 23
Prune Trees 12, 13, 14, 17, 18
Wean 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
Hunting 1, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
Quit Smoking 9, 15, 16, 19, 20, 23
Potty Train 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
Demolition 15, 16, 23
Wash Wooden Floors 15, 16, 19, 20, 23
Wax Floors 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 25, 26, 30
Wash Windows 15, 16
Paint 5, 6, 19, 20, 25, 26
Marriage 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 21, 22, 25, 26, 30
Start Diet to Lose Weight 9, 15, 16, 19, 20, 23
Start Diet to Gain Weight 2, 3, 4, 30
Kill Wild Onions and Weeds 9, 19, 20
Best Days to Hunt 1, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
Advertise To Sell 15, 16, 25, 26
Buy A Car 15, 16
Buy Clothes 25, 26
Buy A Home 25, 26, 30
Entertain Friends 5, 6, 10, 11
Host A Party 1, 5, 6, 10, 11, 19, 27, 28, 29
Travel For Pleasure 1, 6, 27, 28, 29
Write 1, 27, 28, 29
Bake 2, 3, 4
Can Fruits and Vegetables 12, 13, 14, 21, 22
Dry Fruits and Vegetables 15, 16
Cut Firewood 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
Cut Hair to Increase Growth 2, 3, 4, 25, 26, 30
Cut Hair to Slow Growth 10, 11, 15, 16, 19, 20, 23
Mow to Increase Growth 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
Mow to Slow Growth 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23

meowee
04-01-2009, 01:33 PM

I tend to consider ever first of the month as a new start. Managed to move my ticker five whole pounds for March. Amazing month for me. I'm sure at least some of it was water, though.

Hope we all do marvellous things in April. :yes:

meowee
04-04-2009, 08:47 AM

fatmad
04-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Hi everyone, I am back, and should be able to chime in every couple of days.
My Dad is still in the ICU, I have been bending everyone's ears (or eyes) about this and the stress, and my bad eating habits during this time, so I won't go into detail, but lets just say, it is time to get off my butt and move and eat right so I will feel better and deal with it better.
I am ready to lose it, so I really need a kick to get back on track. I have been doing a bit of light exercise again, and eating better (not on plan, but stopped bingeing on crap, and am eating "some" healthy food now)
Going to go back on my antidepressants too I think, if I don't start dealing a bit better. I don't want to take things out on the family.

And about that weather, I just go my snow tires taken off yesterday, and now there was snow again. Sure felt the difference, and the wind was crazy and my vehicle so boxy, (honda element) so made driving a bit of an adventure.

Hope we can all get going this april, I want to get below 170 before my high school reunion in May.

meowee
04-04-2009, 08:08 PM
I think I'll wait until June to get the snows off this year. :s:

fatmad
04-06-2009, 08:10 AM
LOL, definitely it was wrong of me to get the snow tires off on Friday, its a blizzard out there today. Stayed on plan through the weekend, so here's to a good week on plan.

Ruthxxx
04-06-2009, 08:24 AM
My snows come off tomorrow morning, exactly the same day as last year. It sure doesn't feel very springy out there with below zero morning temps but it always improves, right?

Weight has moved the wrong way since April 1 and my ticker is lying. This week I get back control! Today is a busy day but I have had a proper breakfast, have a tuna salad made for lunch and a chicken to roast tonight. There WILL be veggies and fruit. Orange jellybeans are NOT a fruit, right?

Happy Monday!

meowee
04-06-2009, 08:37 AM
Good Morning . . . :grouphug:

I'm pretty sure that orange jelly beans are NOT fruit and neither are the red ones or the yellow ones. :lol:

I got into the HFCS last night :o (although we don't call it that up here). Oh Cool Whip -- that and Peanut Butter are two things with which I do not practice portion control very well. Did keep the calories in line. Scale is still being kind and is inching down below the 209 mark; but wowee did the blood sugar ever go the wrong way. :yikes:

Please do NOT send me any snow -- although my car will definitely continue wearing it's ugly black wheels on which are mounted my lovely snow tires -- I'm content to just keep on 'enjoying' the rain.

Se you later . . . :wave:

2b125by46
04-06-2009, 12:51 PM
After a weekend of b-day cake I am very ready to back on plan. I have had a good breakfast and a good lunch and supper will be leftover turkey from last nights supper.

meowee
04-07-2009, 07:42 AM
Good Morning . . . :wave:

Weight blipped up this morning but at least the blood sugar blipped back down where it belongs and I washed the remains of that Frankenfood of all Frankenfoods (the CoolWhip) down the sink. Actually, if you can control your serving size (I can't), I don't think it really hurts too much once in a while. BUT, it's meant to be enjoyed by the tablespoonful not by the cupful. :o and I don't seem to be able to manage that.

Other than that . . . SSDD . . . it's raining.

fatmad
04-09-2009, 09:06 AM
meowee I have trouble with creamy stuff too, just love it, although I tend to go with ice cream or whipping cream myself, instead of cool whip.
I have been having the breyers 100 cal servings of either ice cream sandwiches or ice creams almost every day. I have managed to stick to one, (sometimes with these things i will eat the whole box of 100 cal snacks!) and thats great. Prices are variable tho, at one store they are $6.50 for a box of 5 and at another they are $7.99!
must shop carefully

meowee
04-09-2009, 10:15 AM

I honestly think real whipped cream is better for you than Cool Whip although it might be higher in calories. At least it is a real foodstuff rather than a total Frankenfood.

I like those Breyers 100 calorie (or even less for the fudgicles type) and I'm okay for the first couple, but then I usually finish the package about day 3. :o I have been doing well the past couple of days, but will be going out for lunch today and . . .

I am officially in a bad mood today -- just wrote an over $5,000.00 cheque to Canada Revenue for my taxes. Very bad this year because I turned 65 and part of my company pension that was taxed at source got replaced with the CPP/OAS combination that is not. :mad: They will be hitting me for big quarterly payments for the rest of this year. For sure, for sure.

Anyway the sun is shining nicely for today and tomorrow then the nasty rainy (and maybe a little snowy) stuff is coming in for the rest of the long weekend.

Cats are going totally bonkers today and I just checked the calendar and sure enough, it's a full moon tonight. :lol:

meowee
04-12-2009, 09:22 AM
Happy Easter Sunday Morning . . . :egg: . . . try to stay away from all the bunny droppings.

fatmad
04-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Happy Easter to all.
Meowee, I am self employed and have to be very disciplined about my taxes. I now have it set up at the bank that I can make monthly payments, (thats how I pay myself) so I just put a set amount into revenue canada every month.
I was once a single mum on welfare as I went through school though, and I "try" to think of my taxes going to someone like me, who will struggle to make a better life, and may get there with my help.

2b125by46
04-15-2009, 08:25 AM
came with a new coonhound puppy. Its my son's dog but I am the one who is home with it through the week.

On a happier note I have gotten up at 6:15 the last 2 mornings so that I can wake my son to look after his new pup and get ready for school and I have gotten on the gazelle and worked out for 30 min.

I saw the dietian yesterday and I was up in weight almost 8 lbs but since flow has now left me I believe it was water weight. How els can you explain one day being 251 and the very next being 241. It will be interesting to see what tomorrow brings.

meowee
04-15-2009, 10:52 AM

Afraid I'm not feeling too great today . . . hopefully tomorrow will be better.

2b125by46
04-18-2009, 02:11 PM
I hope that where ever you are in Canada you are having the kind of day we are in Southwestern Ontario. Its warm sunny and beautiful. I am truely hoping to get out for a walk with my dog. Its just hard to take one dog when you have 2 others that want to go, but I can't handle all 3 at once. I don't enjoy my walk. If I can't take just one I won't take any.

2b125by46
04-19-2009, 12:34 PM
I didn't get a chance to get outside yesterday when it was so beautiful so today I decided as soon as I woke up to go for a walk. I took my Dane on a 45 min walk. It was a little breeze and there were clouds all of which is forecasting rain. I think this afternoon I will take the new puppy for a walk.

I don't think I am strong enough to take all three. If they went after something they saw I would be done for.

Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday and getting in there exercise.

LMB

meowee
04-19-2009, 03:48 PM
Just to let you know that I will be missing for a couple of weeks . . . but i will be thinking of everybody . . . :grouphug:

fatmad
04-19-2009, 04:40 PM
Hey everyone, what a nice weekend. I spent too much time in the car, driving to see my dad, going to my parents place to see to it and do some stuff with mum, taking her to see dad, back to her place and back home. I spread it over two days, so I could do some real work at mums place, and got all the laundry and vaccumming done, as well as freezing some healthy meals for her, and cleaning the bathroom.....
I'm paying my daughter to do extra housework at my place, so my own home gets cleaned too.
Fortunately did get out in the sun a bit, and walked the dog too.
It will be colder for a few days, but the warm will return at the end of the week.
I had a little binge last night (mostly alcohol, but ate way off plan too) after the difficult 2 days, so just hope to break even at the end of theweek.
Enjoy the new puppy 2b, what fun.

fatmad
04-26-2009, 10:53 AM
Hey everyone, where did you all go? Is it because its spring and we have gotten busy going outside, cleaning etc?
I have been way off plan, and have to get back to good habits, including coming to 3fc, which I wasn't doing for a bit.
drop a line

JuliaDH
04-26-2009, 11:45 AM
Wow ladies its been a while since posting here! Anyone else in S.Ont enjoy that wild 100km wind & thunderstorm yesterday? Blow our plans for a bbq away. We live on the 9th floor and saw neighbours chairs fly off the balcony, picnic tables roll into cars in the parking lot. FUN! ha NOT!
DH left the windows in the van open UGH! Fatmad everyday is a new one and you can start fresh. I know you can! I have my on and off days too! Exercise has slowed down here with the kids having chicken pox. Cant get out to the gym :-(

Hope you are all well and succeeding on plan! Have a wonderful Sunday!

Ruthxxx
04-26-2009, 12:26 PM
Good morning from Eastern Ontario. We had lots of wind and rain last night but it wasn't as bad as they got in Ottawa where there are trees down and power outages, I think. It feels like tornado weather although today is fairly cool at 8º this morning and not raining. It was great to sleep with the windows wide open last night but made for a chilly morning.

The forsythia and daffodils are in out full and the tulips are well budded. You can practically hear things growing. :lol: It's definitely Spring although the predicted 30º for tomorrow looks more like July. I guess we should just kick back and enjoy it. That temp should take care of the last few patches of snow on the north side of the cliff in my woods! Hepaticas and bloodroot are in bloom as are the spring beauties. I adore this time of year except for the darned no-see-ums.

fatmad
04-29-2009, 08:43 AM
Hey everyone. That windstorm left a tree on my neighbour's roof, but our place fared fine.
I have been going back to atkins, 2 days, now, because I just couldn't control carb/sweet cravings at all, and this usually helps.
Im not sure how long I will do the induction phase, but if I can keep it up for a week or so, I should be back on track. This is not an easy way to eat, but does seem really good for me. I wasn't eating as many veggies as I should have, and now am having far more. Much more energy.
So I will go out and walk the dog and otherwise enjoy the sunny day.

fatmad
05-04-2009, 08:26 AM
:Hello all you Canadian Chicks:
are you getting ready for the first long weekend of the summer? you know, the one where we usually have cold wet weather and no sun?
I usually try to work that weekend and take another time off for just that reason, but this year, I have a high school reunion that weekend.
yesterday I was feeling a bit down, I haven't lost as much weight as I wanted to, and was embarrassed about my fatness.....
but then I went to see Dad and he is really getting so much better, finally out of ICU.
Then I took my daughter shopping for her spring and summer clothes, and we went to LULU Lemon, where the clothes are always so small, (they think fat people don't do yoga?) and I have only ever just barely squeezed into their largest sizes. Hayley thought I needed a new set of capris and a tank, and I have to get a size down! the clothes were too big.
So I had a nice boost.
have a great day, its sunny and fairly warm here!

Ruthxxx
05-04-2009, 08:49 AM
Good morning! lovely day today. I was in the car for three+ hours yesterday driving to and from Ottawa and really enjoyed the trip. The fields are all green or brown velvet and the trees have that gauzy look. Coming soon - Apple Blossoms!

Seems strange to have the "May 24" long weekend on the 16th to 18th. They should have thought that one out better. I think a lot of folks are going to be surprised. I know our local greenhouse was as they asked me to work the weekend of the 24th! (I said no.)

Enjoy today which is shaping up as a good one.

2b125by46
05-04-2009, 06:37 PM
On the long weekend is when I got married. It was a warm sunny weekend. I am hoping for the same this year b/c I am sending DH and son camping. Nothing says love like getting out of my hair for 3 days.

LMB

fatmad
05-04-2009, 11:51 PM
well 2b, you are getting down there! how nice. good for you.
I haven't lost for a while, and have been putting on some waterweight, feels like my period is coming. Even tho I know no matter how much I eat I cant put on 6 pounds in 3 days, (and I haven't been eating THAT bad) and I have a few other symptoms, so I expect its coming. Its tough when they get so irregular so its hard to tell when its coming, except thru the weight gain.
blah, what a drag.

2b125by46
05-05-2009, 07:54 AM
I realized I was suffering from Menopause systems a week ago. My periods seem to be coming closer together and they do show I was having a terrible blue moods. Sad, depressed and so on. I couldn't figure out why I was getting so blue until I was reading the syptoms of menopause. Mood swings and depression are a part of it not to mention weight gain. It means those of us over 40 need to work twice as hard.

LMB

fatmad
05-10-2009, 10:04 AM
2b, Sometimes when you are losing lots of fat, stored hormones may come into play and mess with periods too.
Might explain to close periods.
I have managed to get out walking most days, and doing other exercise when possible, but have been having riots of work, odd hours etc. (never know when the babies will come....) so I am a bit off with eating.
HOpe to get more normal again, had a little binge last night, so must go for a walk....
Happy mother's day everyone

meowee
05-15-2009, 05:28 PM
Basically, I'm still MIA . . .

The two weeks in Ontario where extremely hectic and stressful. I probably should not have gone -- but, we don't always get to make the 'best for us' choices when family matters intervene.

The trip certainly did nothing to ease my ongoing medical situation which was finally diagnosed as Pneumonia. Since returning, I've had two rounds of two different antibiotics and still no relief in sight. I'm getting weaker and more pain ridden as each day goes by. Afraid I don't spend much time sitting upright let alone on the computer.

Back to the doctor on Tuesday, the 19th and will see what he thinks he'll try next. Personally, I think this must be a viral rather than a bacterial pneumonia so there may not be much to do for it except wait it out and keep the :crossed:

Hope to check in again soon. :grouphug: Hope everyone has a great Victoria Day weekend.

JuliaDH
05-16-2009, 01:04 PM
Anyone up for a get Southern Ontario together? Some where central to those available. Looking at date option of Sat Jun 13. PM met if interested then we can pick a time and location.

2b125by46
05-21-2009, 11:32 AM
I am west of London so technically I am Southwestern Ontario.

June 13th is a good day for me, its the Saturday after my b-day.

JuliaDH
05-21-2009, 11:35 AM
I am in Kitchener. Close to 401 & 8
We could meet for brunch.

2b125by46
05-21-2009, 02:09 PM
I know the area or I did once. I had a college roommate that I would meet on Hwy 8 at a restaurant back in the 80's. That is when the 401 was still a 4 lane hwy. hahaha. But it sounds like a plan tentively. We will have to exchange emails to finalize.

2b125by46
05-22-2009, 07:42 PM
Have you figured out what you need to stay motivated. I have figured out that I need external motivation. I need people around me to be cheerleaders. I need to receive compliments. I need to receive "that a girl" or "good for you don't quit" I need someone to say "let's go for a walk".

I don't do well with setting goals and sticking with it, but if you set a goal for me I won't disappoint.

You tell me to do something and I will get it done. I have all the knowledge I need on how to lose weight I can motivate you to lose weight but I can't motivate myself. I get no satisfaction out of setting goals and reaching them. I don't care if I do. I am more concerned about disappointing someone else than myself. Its like knowing your good but only care if others know your good.

Does any of this make sense? I can compare my type of motivation style to working style. I would do it if I know the Payday is big. I work b/c I get money. The jobs I have I enjoy and make good money at it, in my opinion. I am not going to be rich but I can do what I want.

Is anyone else motivated this way. If so we should become buddies. We would motivate the heck out of each other to our goal weights.

LMB

2b125by46
05-23-2009, 06:11 PM
I had to do some bylaw work today and I have gained so much weight lately that I CANNOT get into my uniform pants. I am really disappointed in myself. I am going to go exercise.

Justwant2Bhealthy
07-01-2009, 07:31 PM
HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!

HELLOooo ... anybody out there???

Hey, what happened to this thread? It just suddenly fell off the face of the earth? There were so many Canadian posters on here and all of a sudden it just stops for no reason? Gee, someone should have told me that no-one was looking after it anymore and I would have gladly tried to keep it open as we have many Canadians on this site.

Anyhow, just wanted to wish all our Canadian friends a happy birthday. We live in one of the most beautiful countries in the world and I am so grateful to live here ...

If you want me to keep this thread going, just let me know and I will try to if some Canadians show up to post. I do know that MEOWEE has been sick for a few moinths. I will bump this thread up now and then to see if there is any renewed interest, but if no-one shows up; I will let it go ...

Hope you all are having a great Canada Day holiday.

:hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
07-02-2009, 08:50 PM
bump ... hmmm ... I see that not one other Canadian came by here on Canada Day to offer good wishes to each other ... Well, I'll give this a few days and see what happens.

We just went up town to pay some bills today and I picked up some bird feed bells for all the mommy birds who are trying to teach their babies how to eat from them in our big fur tree, while DH picked up a couple of small tools items.

We had pasta tonight for dinner, even though we normally have pasta on Wedneday, but we celebrated yesterday with something else. I had a healthy sub and DH had something naughty -- homemade fries and gravy (but he had been so busy lately that he lost a few lbs and dropped to 125 lbs, so I think he can use it).

I hope all of you are having a thoroughly enthralling Thursday! :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
07-03-2009, 09:34 PM
:wave: HELLO FELLOW CANADIANS ~ I know somebody is coming by to read this thread becuz the #'s say so, but I guess people are just too shy to post. I know one of my sisters comes by this site now & then, but she is a bit shy too and doesn't post either. Instead, she sends me an email to let me know how she is doing and then I pass that info on to people here that know her (she had posted in the past for a short while) ...

I remember when I first came here; I didn't post at first either -- I read for a while becuz I didn't even know how to post. I had just come on the net for the first time, and came across this site when googling weight-loss sites becuz I was looking for help and support. Then eventually, I got brave and started posting in a few areas that I thought were interesting to me. It wasn't long before I started to feel comfortable here.

You know, I was reading through this thread a bit, to get a feel of what may have gone wrong and noticed that "one" person made a negative comment about this thread (and thereby, the people on it) that she was wondering when they were ever gonna get down to the ''real issues" and talk about weightloss.

Honestly, I felt this comment was uncalled for and even sounded a bit rude (maybe it wasn't intended that way, but that is how it struck ME). Someone else expressed that they were tired of talking about the weather and wanted to talk about weightloss. My thought was ... then why haven't you been talking about weightloss?

I know that when I came here I did talk about my eating plan and stuff in some of my posts. Some of us struggle with plateaus and our weightloss is slower -- I only lost 7 lbs so far this year, so I am looking for ways to better that.

Most people I know don't obsess about their weight 24 hours a day (except maybe a few who struggle with a severe eating disorder). My life is full of other activities and conversations throughout the day. Many people here spend 6-8 hours a day sleeping; 8 or more hours working; 1-2 hours watching TV, chatting on the phone, or other entertainment; some time with their families; and some time in personal care; and some time doing housechores and making meals; and other miscellaneous activities. We are busy people ...

Yes, I came to this site to meet others who were trying to lose weight and get healthier, but I also came here to meet people who have common interests and issues to deal with. I thought who better than someone who knows and is experiencing a weight problem themselves: what better place to make friends that would be compassionate and understanding.

It didn't escape my notice, that not long after those negative comments were made, that this thread suddenly died: people stopped coming, and it just died. I know that some people have told me that they have left here (and returned) becuz they felt bad becuz they hit plateaus, or had weight gain; or had stress or problems in their life, and felt that maybe they shouldn't dump that on us. I think that is what this site is for -- sharing everything about our lives that may be contributing to our weight issues, simply becuz there are so many that do affect our health and weight.

The point being -- that we are supposed to be offering support here; not knocking each other down. My life is 'real'; and everthing I talk about here or on other threads is 'real'. That's why we have a general chatter forum to bring up special subjects too ... because as the founders of this site have stated, 'Life is more than weight loss'.

We need to keep a balance in life. If I became obsessed with television and only watched TV and talked about TV all day, that would be evidence that my life was 'out of balance'; well, to me, the same goes for weight issues ...

If that is all I think about or can talk about, then my life is not a 'real' life; it would be 'out of balance' and boy, would my DH be peeved. People would look at us strangely and even tell us that we needed to get back into 'reality' ... that is, enjoying and living a well-rounded life again.

Anyhow, I hope that all the ladies that used to come here, have found other threads and forums where they can make friends and get good, positive support for their weightloss journey and their lives ...

And, I hope you all have a great summer weekend ... Rosebud:hug: