Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2002, 10:46 AM   #1  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

Default June Featherweights--come on summer!

Welcome to June--I thought the warm weather would NEVER arrive!

Oh, my poor kitty is mad at me--last night I stepped square on her back when I got up to pee...she was sleeping in the middle of the doorway and did a great job of blending in in the dark.
She is fine, though I now have a large gouge spanning the top half of my foot. She's mad at me though--refused to sleep with me or to cuddle, and pointedly ignores me when I call her--poor thing. I hope she forgives me soon!
Old 05-31-2002, 08:06 AM   #2  

Wink Come on England!!!!!

Morning everyone. Well the World Cup has kicked off and I have to confess I have come on here to escape. Soccer is not my cup of tea. However, I do hope England win

Hope all of you are doing well and feeling fine. I am okay. I lost 2 pounds this week so I am pleased. Only 25 weeks til I go to visit my family in Australia. I hope to lose alot more before I go. I keep thinking of the aeroplane seats and the meal trays. I want to be able to sit comfy for 24 hours and be able to pull the tray down on my lap without my belly hindering it

Any way must dash! Its our Queens Jubilee this weekend so its party party party

Cheerio for now
Old 06-01-2002, 02:05 PM   #3  
GmaTo8

Wow - June already. 15 y/o DD is out of school and is an official Sophmore now. DH is done teaching until the 2nd session summer school, so we have a very easy schedule around here for awhile.

Thanks for all the prayers for Mary and the twins. So far, so good. The doc said anytime after the 34th week he will not try to stop labor. She will be 33 weeks on Monday. The latest ultrasound looked real good.

Welcome Joblob, your trip Down Under sounds so great! And congrats on your loss so far!

Have a good weekend Featherweights!
Jana
Old 06-03-2002, 11:15 PM   #4  

Hello girls,

It's hard to believe that it is June. Where does the time go? My 3 weeks of rest and relaxation are over, classes for the summer began today.

We did get in a nice vacation to the Gulf Coast of Mississippi last week. It was nice to get away and the beach was wonderful.

KAT, are you taking any summer courses?

JANA, glad to hear that everything is okay with Mary and the twins.

JOBLOB, congrats on the 2 lbs. I've been doing a lot of nervous eating lately. So, I know how exciting it is to lose 2 lbs, I'd be happy if I could drop 1 lb. But, I guess that won't happen until I get a handle on the eating.

Well, I better get to bed, will check in later.

Ruth
Old 06-06-2002, 05:46 PM   #5  
Fit and Feisty

Hi Gang,

Lost 1.2 at my WI this week. Just trudging along. Trying hard not to think about how far I have to go.

Hope everyone is doing okay.
Old 06-08-2002, 04:46 PM   #6  
GmaTo8

Default HI FEATHERWEIGHTS!!

Carree - way to go on the loss!! Just don't think about what's left to lose, but on what you have lost already. You're doing great.

Ruth - your vacation sounds heavenly! Good luck with the classes.

Hi to Kat and Joblob.

I've had my hands full with summer company, but have been enjoying it. It seems I have so much more energy now that I've been taking a multi-vitamin for awhile. I am toying with the idea of having all of my family (about 30 people, plus the 7 of us - 9 if the twins get here) over for the 4th of July, as I did last year, but am not real sure I want all that work. Everyone chips in on the food, but there is still a lot of prep work in a party like that. I'll probably do it though, because I just love a good party. Wanna join us??

Mary is getting highly....uh.....testy. She doesn't rest well at night, and her ankles are swollen, and her hubbie has to help her get off the couch. When he's not around, she says she kind of rolls off. She will be 34 weeks on Monday, and boy does she walk funny. (Don't tell her I said that! )

Have a good weekend.
Jana
Old 06-10-2002, 12:18 PM   #7  
The Rockinghorse Gal

Congrats Carree! Keep up the great work.

Poor Mary...she's getting there though. each day brings her a little closer to healthy babies, and at least its not the blistering heat yet.

Joblob...can you still get pounds, or are only euros circulating these days? If you can get pound notes, I would love to trade for them.

As an aside--do any of you quilt? I got a quilt tree in the mail today (rather like a chainletter, but you send two squares of fabric out and eventually end up with enough squares from all over the place to make a quilt.) and I need to find one more person to send it on to. It looks like a lot of fun, and its a neat way to get to know other people. If anyone is interested, I would love to pass this one on.

As for classes, I have two--the most boring horrid psych class you can imagine (psych of management) and (wheeeeee!) an independent study in advanced oil painting. At the moment I've got to dash--the eldest child is taking her permit exam today and I need to go pick her up for it.
Old 06-12-2002, 06:14 PM   #8  
The Rockinghorse Gal

Just bringing the thread up to the top...

Where is everyone?
Old 06-12-2002, 11:02 PM   #9  
GmaTo8

Hi Featherweights,

Can't stay long, but I wanted to check in....

Summers are always so busy for me. The cherries are ripe, so I have been freezing them. Blackberries will be ready in time for the 4th. Today I spent almost the whole morning cleaning off our huge enclosed back porch, and heat just about got to me. The humidity heat index was close to 100.

M-I-L keeps bringing out her suitcase and says she's ready to go home. We live in HER house, where she was born 91 years ago. It makes me so sad that she is slipping further away.

Hope all of you are doing well. Talk to you later!
Jana
Old 06-16-2002, 03:54 PM   #10  

JANA, WOW, the heat index has reached 100 in Indiana already. Our days have really been mild this year. I'm waiting on the 90 something degree days with their heat indexes surpassed 100; of course, I'm not anxiously waiting on they, more like dreading them.

So sorry about your mother-in-law!! I know it must be hard watching her go through this.

CARREE, congrats on the 1.2 lbs lost. I've been slowly regaining, unfortunately I don't know how much I've regained. My dang "cheap" digital scale varies in weight from one moment to the next. I either way 165 or 175. I'd much prefer the 165!! LOL

KAT, good luck with the classes. Mine haven't been bad so far. I was expecting it to be a lot harder with forcing the classes to finish so quickly.

Well, I better run, I still have homework to do before tomorrow.

Ruth
Old 06-18-2002, 10:38 PM   #11  
GmaTo8

Default THE BABIES ARE HERE!!!

The babies were born Father's Day... Mary had them naturally, and they are fine. One was 4lbs 14oz, and the other was 5lb 1oz. DD had preeclampsia (SP?) and her B/P has been somewhat high, but is otherwise fine, too. I have fed them and sung to them and basked in their sweetness. What a joy!!! Gotta run, but I wanted to share this with you fellow Featherweights.

Hope you are all doing well.
Jana
Old 06-20-2002, 11:28 PM   #12  
The Rockinghorse Gal

Congrats to new grandma and mommy! Those are some good birthweights--she did a great job holding on to them as long as she did.

I just got my own great bit of news...I won a $7500/yr renewable scholarship that means I'll be able to afford the tuition to finish my nursing license. Without it I had no idea HOW I was going to afford the next two years.
*doing a mad happy dance*
Old 06-22-2002, 06:21 AM   #13  
Fit and Feisty

Angry What great news!!!!

Congratulations Jana! What a joy! So glad everything went so well.

Kat, so happy to hear about your good news! You must be so excited! Dreams do come true.
Old 06-25-2002, 12:38 AM   #14  

JANA, congrats on the wonderful news. I'm so glad that the babies have made it here safely. Give the little dolls a kiss for me,okay. Oh, what are their names?!! I'm sure you may have said earlier, but my poor old brain has forgotten.

KAT, congrats on the sholarship!! I know how much that money means to you. I feel blessed that my previous employer is currently footing the bill on mine. They gave me $7500 for the first two years. Since our jobs went to Mexico, the Federal government will pay the remaining 2 years of my schooling. I also won a small scholarship, but mine was only $1000. I didn't apply for it, but I was still thankful. That allows the original $7500 I received to last longer.

Hey CARREE, hope you're doing alright.

Ruth
Old 06-25-2002, 07:22 AM   #15  
Fit and Feisty

Smile Check this out.....

Saw this on another board....it's terrific!

1/2 cup oatmeal cooked
Stir in 1T peanut butter
Add 1T chocolate syrup

Tastes like Reese's Pieces and very filling!

Total of 5.6 very well spent points.
Closed Thread