Old 03-18-2009, 01:08 AM   #1  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Default "Party Like It's 2009" Red Team Chat 3/24 - 3/29

Gosh someone needs to IM me or something to remind me about these new chats I need a good swift kick in the rear end!!!
Old 03-18-2009, 01:33 AM   #2  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

everyone.

I have a huge decision to make concerning my job. With the economy in the crapper and people losing their jobs/homes/etc right and left, my mind is screaming to keep this job no matter how emotionally and mentally draining it is. It doesn't help at all that working for the VA is basically my security blanket. I'm trying to wait till I get my first project from the WAH position but this new boss.....I have several people I need to talk to tomorrow before I make my decision. I'm 22 and too young to be this stressed!
Old 03-18-2009, 01:35 AM   #3  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Cakses ~ Here ya go! BTW, is it true they are extending the end date for this season's BL? If so, is this challenge going to be extended too?
Old 03-18-2009, 02:45 AM   #4  

Hello Jasonslea.
Yeah! This is your huge dicision to your job. Good luck!
Old 03-18-2009, 08:50 AM   #5  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Hey Shari:

IMO, your mental well-being is more important. Is it possible to find SOME WAY to cope with your situation until you are in a better place to leave?

Red team: I'm sorry we lost this week. I think it is because of my gain
Old 03-18-2009, 09:06 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsLea View Post
Cakses ~ Here ya go! BTW, is it true they are extending the end date for this season's BL? If so, is this challenge going to be extended too?
I have seen this asked a few times but not answered, maybe PM this message to Cakses?
Old 03-18-2009, 09:43 AM   #7  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning Red Team.

It is sad that so many have dropped out of the challenge. I know for me that until I was ready nothing was going to work. This time around has been totally different for me. I stopped dieting and truly bought in to the lifestyle change.

Although I had a gain from our dinner/drinks Saturday night (the reason I took a freebie) I am now down a pound from my WI last Monday. It helps that TOM came and I had my woosh.

JasonsLea - Sorry to hear you are stressed at work; however, think of the stress you could be under if unemployed and unable to pay your bills. Personally there is no way I would quit a job in this economy. Most of what I stress about is stuff that is out of my control. Working for the VA I am sure is full of politics and beuracacy that leave the client under served. Not a good position to be if you are the one trying to help a veteran in need. I am going to go out on a limb here and could be WAY of base but you are young and I have to wonder if you are taking much of the ways of government too personally. The reason I say this is because I have been there; I am truly sorry if you are dealing with a totally different situation.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I posted this on the old chat thread, but I'll bring it over here just for the heck of it.

Quote:
I made it to my goal!!!! Okay, so what if it was a day late? I'm still there!!! Even though it isn't my "official" weigh-in day, I'm updating all my tickers.

Day 1 (Mon) - 157.0
Day 2 (Tues) - 156.4
Day 3 (Wed) - 154.4 (new low! )
Old 03-18-2009, 12:31 PM   #9  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

You Rock MC... WTG

Last edited by CruiseCAT; 03-18-2009 at 12:32 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:53 PM   #10  
Starting Over

Congrats MonteCristo!!!
Old 03-18-2009, 02:56 PM   #11  
Starting Over

I PM'd the Blue Team captain and also Chellez who is still moderator of this board, so I will let you know once they tell me what is going on.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:59 PM   #12  
Starting Over

Shari I have been in your shoes before, at the same age. Looking back on it I quit a handful of jobs that I could have dealt with a little longer while I was searching for a new job. Stress sucks, yes, but so does being homeless and unemployed. If I could go back I would have waited and stuck it out at the crap job and been actively searching for a new one, then given my 2 weeks. I have a spotty job history that follows me wherever I go because from age 19-22 or so that is exactly what I did. If I didn't like it, I left and figured something out. So that's my experience. You have to do what you have to do though.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:32 PM   #13  
Tanya

S/C/G: 262/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Hello to everyone from sunny Temecula, CA. Today I was on the trampoline with my niece and I just layed down and took a nap in the sun...right on the trampoline!! It is so nice to feel warm again!!!

Bummer about our weigh in this week...but we still have time...gotta keep plugging along!!

The trip here was bad food wise. I was up for a total of 36 hr and all I wanted to do was eat to try to stay awake. Most of the food was healthy/lo cal but I still went way over my calories and did not get any exercise in for 2 days. Happy to say that I am back on track and today got up with my sis at 530am to go to gym (not bad since this is normally the time I start thinking about going to bed!!). My three nieces keep me very busy and thanks to the weight loss I have NO problem keeping up with them now!!

Ashmomma omg, good luck with the new job, but that temptation would be too much for me. I LOVE Edible Arrangements. My sis sent me a huge arrangement last year when I had surgery and I lived off of it for a week. I had very little appetite at first so I just grazed on the fruit whenever I felt up to taking on the stairs. I would have never guessed chocolate covered apples could be SO GOOD!

MissVit please do post pics of safari...sounds very interesting!!

Have a great Wednesday everyone!
Old 03-18-2009, 08:50 PM   #14  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

I gotta say, I was a little confused when I saw the date for this thread said 3/24??? Did I miss something??? I said it on the old thread, but let me mention it again. I agree with Cruise. It is sad that so many people have dropped out, so the rest of us have got to stick together and stay strong. I may lose super slow, but I WILL NOT GIVE UP!!! I keep on truckin everyday.

We can win this next week. And we will be better people for it. I just did the weirdest workout. I bouth Jackie Warner's DVD, from the Bravo show "Workout". 20 min. of legs, 15 min. of WATP and then 10 min. on an old bike type thing, with the handles you move. Hope it did some good.

Shari- Just think carefully. Times are tough.

Monte- CONGRATS!!! You deserve it. You worked hard for it.

Tsap- Sun is always good. It has been nice here too. I hear it may get cold and rainy though.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:05 PM   #15  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

girls!

So I talked to both HR and the union today like I planned. Found out from HR that I won't be career till my 3 year mark which is in June. If I quit before I make career, I won't be able to come back to the VA in my current grade. I would have to start over, at the bottom. I actually laughed because I had already promised myself that if I didn't get another position in the hospital by my birthday (July 29th), I would quit and now I know I can. Went to the Union with some of my complaints and he's going to have a meeting with the new asst chief and the supervisors. If this continues, we're filing a EEO grievance. We'll see what happens.

Mama's birthday is tomorrow. Not sure what to get her....

MC ~ CONGRATULATIONS!

Cakses ~ Hopefully they'll let you know soon what's going down.

I've been working since I was 13, I've had sucky jobs before and I have never left one without having another one first. I'm WAY too paranoid and worrisome to just quit without a backup plan.