Old 03-17-2009, 01:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 243/243/120

Height: 5'5

Default Mrc Center Closed With No Warning!

I called my center located in San Angelo Tx. and I got a recording that the phone number had been disconnected! I decided to drive over there and the center was completely shut down with a sign on the door. What is going on? There was a phone number to call if the center owed you money. Has anyone else experienced this. I am so dissappointed. I have tons of products and now I just want to quit and get rid of my stuff.
Texasgirl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

That is terrible! Maybe they just moved to a new location. I hope that is all. That happened to a friend of mine with LA Weight Loss. She said they just closed one day and never re-opened. She had tons of products and no where to go. I really hope for your sake they just moved to another location. Is there another MRC in the area, maybe they know what happened. hang in there
Islandhopper04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:21 PM   #3  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

I just went to the MRC website and the ones that are listed for TX are:

Midland, TX 5109 W. Wadley Suite 105, Midland, TX 79707
Odessa, TX 6030 East Ridge Rd., Bldg B, Odessa, TX 79762
Longview, TX 103 W. Loop 281 Suite 418, Longview, TX 75605
Lubbock, TX 5705 S. Slide Road #B, Lubbock, TX 79414
Amarillo, TX 2600 Paramount #B-3, Amarillo, TX 79109
Abilene, TX 4618 South 14th, Abilene, TX 79605
Waco, TX 2044 North Valley Mills Dr., Waco, TX 76710-2561
Tyler, TX 2301 S. Broadway #A1, Tyler, TX 75701
McKinney, TX 7668 Eldorado Pkwy. Suite 300, McKinney, TX 75070
Wichita Falls, TX 2708 Southwest Parkway, #146, Wichita Falls, TX 76308
Finz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 207/189/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasgirl123 View Post
I called my center located in San Angelo Tx. and I got a recording that the phone number had been disconnected! I decided to drive over there and the center was completely shut down with a sign on the door. What is going on? There was a phone number to call if the center owed you money. Has anyone else experienced this. I am so dissappointed. I have tons of products and now I just want to quit and get rid of my stuff.
I haven't heard of that happening with MRC just LA Weight Loss like PP said. But if you have the products, the menus and the knowledge you can still do it. I know the counseling is important, but you can use us as your pseudo counselors if you want. Plus, you could probably contact another MRC and do a phone program if you want. There are options. I'm sorry that happened to you but you don't HAVE to quit! YOU CAN DO IT!
alexasmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 05:24 PM   #5  
Tired & disgusted...

S/C/G: 280/279/180-160

I'm in Lubbock and I think I'm going to ask them about the San Angelo center closing - see what they know. I think Abilene's closer to you but if you want I'll check with mine and see if they do the phone program for people who have been abandoned like that. seriously, that sucks! I'd be PISSED cuz you know they had to have known, someone there had to have known even if they didn't tell the rest of the employees. I wonder what they did with their inventory if they ddidn't have like a blowout going out of biz sale....

WEIRD.
ford4life69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:38 AM   #6  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

WOW! That stinks! I hope you find another center to work with.
Rocki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:22 PM   #7  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasgirl123 View Post
Well, quitting obviously isn't the answer (unless you were unhappy with the program to begin with). Lots of people do it by phone. Unfortunately it may happen more with the media constantly scaring us from spending any money.

At any rate, I'd contact the center closest to where you are, or maybe even check with some of the "famously supportive" centers - I think CO & Nebraska both have really good ones, see if they'll work with you. Or just keep on going on your own, see how you do. If you've got your food sheets & plenty of product, you can keep on going for awhile at least. But you've paid for support, you might as well see if you can get it elsewhere. Problem may arise if centers are individually owned & operated (not sure but I think they might be) so membership may or may not "transferable".
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:58 PM   #8  

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Well, quitting obviously isn't the answer (unless you were unhappy with the program to begin with). Lots of people do it by phone. Unfortunately it may happen more with the media constantly scaring us from spending any money.

At any rate, I'd contact the center closest to where you are, or maybe even check with some of the "famously supportive" centers - I think CO & Nebraska both have really good ones, see if they'll work with you. Or just keep on going on your own, see how you do. If you've got your food sheets & plenty of product, you can keep on going for awhile at least. But you've paid for support, you might as well see if you can get it elsewhere. Problem may arise if centers are individually owned & operated (not sure but I think they might be) so membership may or may not "transferable".
Good points and ones I'd also make. Just one quick comment on the Nebraska centers - speaking from personal experience, the center in Bellevue, NE is EXCELLENT with fantastic counselors and a manager who is quite committed to you and your success. The Omaha branch has a lot to be desired according to a few friends from work who attend there. I don't have any personal experince with the Omaha branch, but am more than happy to send a phone number where you can reach someone from the Bellevue branch and at least ask some questions and see weather or not your membership is transferable.
kismet78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:54 PM   #9  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

I'm 99.9% sure our Bellevue, Nebraska center would take you as a phone in client without any additional fees. They offered this to people in the past who were having trouble with their phone in center - which is really good considering they wouldn't get your initial program fee. Our manager is Suzi and our phone number is 402-682-9000. How that would work, is you would call in and get placed on the list (as if you were sitting in the lobby), when your name is up next, they grab your file and call you back for your consultation. It would be easier if you could find a center in your local calling area, but this is an option. Good luck!
ShineOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:55 AM   #10  
Tired & disgusted...

S/C/G: 280/279/180-160

i talked to a mgr at my ctr last night. she gave me her card and said her boss was down there for a few days making phone calls to everyone letting them know what's up and getting them set up. she said to give her a call and they'll get you squared away. 806 785 8100 and her name is Sara.
ford4life69 is offline   Reply With Quote