Old 03-15-2009, 05:34 PM   #1  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 280/272/160

Height: 5'8"

Default 14 pounds gone!

I'm waiting patiently for my ticker! Ok, maybe not so patiently.

Sunday is my "official" weigh day and as of this morning I am down 14 pounds! I was so tempted to snack last night but when I was walking into the kitchen I thought "Am I really about to undo all the hard work I've put into it..." so I reached for a container of yogurt instead of cookies. Very proud of myself. I've gone on diets a lot over the past 3 years and I'd lose a couple of pounds here and there, but I'd give up very early on. This time feels differently though. My husband stopped by a fast food resturant the other day while I was in the car and ordered a burger and I didn't even want one. I actually had to give him permission to get it because he was hungry. In my mind I thought, well surely when I smell the thing I'm gonna want one and I'll just have to be strong, but shockingly it didn't take all that much effort. I REALLY didn't want it. I think this time I'm going the distance.
Iheartsushi418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:49 PM   #2  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations, IHeartSushi --- you really are on your way!

The 14 pounds is a great weight loss, but being able to turn your back on fast food is AWESOME! (Can you tell that fast food is one of my problems? ) Every time we make one of those better, stronger choices, we are saying YES! I am worth good health and YES! I deserve to be able to run and dance and wear a bikini and YES! I am way tougher than any pound of fat or piece of food. You did GREAT!

What a terrific start you have already made! I think you are going to be kicking serious pounds-of-fat behind right from the get-go!

Numina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:00 PM   #3  
Starting Again

Thank you Numina! You are always so positive and encouraging in all your posts, you are already one of my favorites on here! Plus the kitty assassins don't hurt either!
Old 03-15-2009, 06:09 PM   #4  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations! on the loss and on the willpower.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 235/204/145

Good for you!!!!!!!! Keep it Up! Yay!!!!!!!!!!
yup005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:38 PM   #6  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I am SUPER SUPER proud of you for making good choices for you and your body. That is an awesome accomplishment and one that will serve you well! I am always telling myself what you just did... do I really want to undo all the good work I've done? It's VERY motivating isn't it!!!!!

You go girl Your post makes my heart happy
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iheartsushi418 View Post
I'm waiting patiently for my ticker! Ok, maybe not so patiently.
I know how you feel lol- it was an excruciating wait for me too lol. I actually stayed up till midnight on the 20th day so I could do it then. I know- I'm a loser lol.

But congrats on resisting temptation and on your loss! It feels so good when you stick to plan and see the scale move; a lot better than a burger I bet!
Amber1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:48 PM   #8  
Starting Again

Yes, resisting the burger was so .... liberating I guess. I actually was excited to wake up this morning and get on the scale instead of dreading it. I knew even if it was only a pound lost it would make me feel better about myself than worse if I was heavier. Now I'm just concentrating on putting my mind straight because the weight loss is going to slow down a bit...maybe not this week but eventually, but that is ok. It is not all about the number on the scale. I feel better mentally and physically now that I'm eating better. It's also liberating to know WHAT I'm going to eat next. Before it was like a 24 hour a day hunt for the next thing to put in my mouth. And you know, I didn't even enjoy it, that's the most amazing thing. I'm actually enjoying what I eat now because I'm not stuffing my face mindlessly, I'm taking the time to enjoy it.

And I need to talk about the water for a minute. If there are any other newbies out there, or someone thinking about being healthier and they are worrying about all the water...let me tell you something. You will feel soooooo much better getting your water in. The first 3 days I thought I was going to be waterlogged, but today I didn't get to drink any water until around 3pm and I felt it. I actually felt a little hazy and sluggish.

You guys are the best! Thank you so much for the encouragement.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:39 AM   #9  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Congratulations! You are well on your way to great health.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:43 AM   #10  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

That is wonderful. You should be very proud of yourself. It is great when you can tell that this time is different from all the other attempts at losing weight. Such a wonderful feeling. Way to go!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote