Old 03-13-2009, 03:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Default College Weight Loss Buddies?

My current workout buddy fell through because she had too much on her plate, which is completely understandable, college is tough on everyone. But ever since we stopped keeping up with each other, I've completely fallen through on eating right and working out. I'm looking for someone in college just because there are unique challenges to getting good grades, being involved on campus, and the added stress of trying to get healthy through all of it. Anyone out there in the same boat?
Gypsy Severina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 266.3/232/150

Height: 5'7"

ME! I'm constantly trying to stay healthy on campus. The good thing about my school is that we are a commuter college so we do not have any McD's on our campus. We have one cafe that serves mostly healthy stuff (like my yummy grilled chicken salad) which is nice.
However, because of the program I'm in (education), I'm constantly running. It sucks because on the way from my college to my teaching school, there are 3 McD's. I'm hounded by temptation.
As far as exercising, I try to keep in mind that I perform at my best after exercising. So, I mostly hit those.
Losing weight sometimes takes a backseat to my school work, but I'm working on my time management so that neither has to suffer.
CeCeLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:14 PM   #3  

I am completely with you on time management, I have a working out/eating/studying schedule, but following it is the hardest part, lol. I also have a serious problem not eating out, lots of Pollo Tropical mac-n-cheese -ugh-
Old 03-13-2009, 05:31 PM   #4  
())crayon))

S/C/G: 240/see tracker/140

Height: 5'6

I'm at uni at the moment in the 4th year of my music degree, it usually means I am in college from 9am until 10pm straight trying to get rooms to practice in (I do 6 hours a day!) but there is a cafe that sells junk food in the building that I have to learn to say no to!

I've started swimming a lot, but like you my first swimming partner just stopped no matter how much I encouraged her! Here's to dieting whilst doing long college hours!
iamacrayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

I'm about to graduate and start library school in the fall. At this point I'm having difficulty finding motivation to do much of anything (my dishes are unwashed, my laundry unfolded, and the Calvin cycle decidedly un-memorized), with healthy habits waaay down on the list. Campus food is (a) a diet mine field and (b) expensive to the point of extortion for the poor freshman with mandatory meal plans, so by the time I get home to my apartment I don't really care what goes in my mouth. I feel your pain.
tkm256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:10 PM   #6  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Man I could relate! I already have my master's degree and am just taking one course for my job and that's killer! I gained so much weight in college since all I did was study, go to class, go to work, and study. It was terrible!

Pft I never memorized the calvin cycle and STILL have never needed it. Professors seriously need to stop that nonsense- I'd NEVER make a class memorize it if I were a professor!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:12 PM   #7  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

hey all, im a freshman majoring in accounting. my problem isnt so much the food at school (only because i cant afford it lol) but when i get home and stressed i eat all my daughters snacks or the stuff i buy for my lunches, i eat it all in one day....omg im pathetic lol
Haley8203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:36 PM   #8  
goddess of determination!

S/C/G: 187/183/140

This thread is exactly what I needed to stumble across right now. I too am in college, currently in my final semester of an English degree and I am so stressed out with impending finals and applying for M.A's that my healthy eating has gone completely out the window!

At the end of a long day in college, cooking is the last thing I feel like doing. It's so hard to balance a healthy lifestyle with college living. I know it can be done, but sometimes I just find it so hard.

Maybe this should become a support thread? lol check in when you get home from college so someone can post at you to put the instant noodles down!!!

Last edited by Freyja; 03-13-2009 at 06:36 PM.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:23 PM   #9  
work hard.

S/C/G: 197/170/155

Height: 5'9

I'm in the final semester of my English degree as well, and it's definitely hard to find the energy to eat well and the time to exercise.

The hardest thing for me is that I tend to stay up late studying, but I eat dinner early (dining hall hours), so by 1 or 2 am I'm starving and tend to make poor food choices...
icandoallthings6613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:25 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/181/160

Height: 6'0

I'm in college (although I'm 27) and it is so hard to just eat right and find the time to work out. Its really hard to find a balance, i haven't' been able to do so yet. I feel like I'm either slacking on my h.w or slacking on my eating. It gets so frustrating. I have so much on my plate and even though i KNOW working out and eating right helps me have the energy i need to get through the day, it means nothing when i'm hungry and have 5 minutes to scarf something before i have to accomplish the next thing on my to-do list. It is a vicious cycle.
wantingtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:31 PM   #11  

YES!!! I agree that this should be a support thread, month-by-month. Anyone feel like putting up a goal? Mine is to make it to the gym at least 3 times a week and lose 10 lbs in the next 4 weeks.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:27 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/181/160

Height: 6'0

My goal has been to workout with my new dvd's at least 3x /week and do yoga a few nights too, but i've been doing like 2 nights during a good week, which i suppose is why i've not lost any weight in awhile. I also do not want to eat out anymore. Max 1x /week.
wantingtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:38 PM   #13  

wantingtolose- OT, but where did you get that avatar?! I've been looking everywhere since I see it a lot here and cannot find it!
Old 03-13-2009, 08:48 PM   #14  
work hard.

S/C/G: 197/170/155

Height: 5'9

My goals are to work out three times a week, prepare for and run a 5k in April, and weigh below 160 by May.
icandoallthings6613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:46 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 234.3 / 232.6 / 130

Height: 5'3"

Good luck guys. Sorry I can't say I'm in that boat anymore (just finished my masters and I will graduate in May!) but I know how hard it is. My heart is with you all.
brooksrm is offline   Reply With Quote