Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 01:28 AM   #1  
Bryndi Lynn

S/C/G: 394/387/165

Height: 5'8

Default HCG Does it work?

A friend of my sisters is on the HCG diet and has lost 21 pounds already. I was wondering if anyone has tried this. Is it a safe way to lose weight?

I understand that the person on the program has to drop their calorie intake to 500, but instead of the body consuming muscle and water, HCG actually makes the body consume the stored fat.

Also, because I struggle with IR and PCOS I was wondering if that would complicate this kind of treatment. I have an appointment to see my DR. next month, I am planning on asking her about it, but also wanted other opinions.

I'm so frustrated and tired of dieting with little to no results, it would be nice if this really works.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:44 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Here is something you can read about hcg/500 calories day diet
http://www.3fatchicks.com/the-weight...rudeau%20/

A valid doctor won't subscribe HCG, its not approved as a drug for weight loss although some scrupulous doctors will prescribe it.

Just a note, I know how frustrating it is to be well over 300 lbs but really you can eat calories that nourish your body and lose weight. I have PCOS as well so I know the struggle. If you are having trouble losing, sometimes it helps to have others troubleshoot your diet. Weight Loss Support is a great forum for that.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I have never heard of this diet but just read the article.

In my opinion, if you have the discipline to drop your calories that drastically, you certainly need no injections to kick your weight to the curb. I would also like to read about what longer term effects this method has on metabolism.

I know we each must find our own path and what works for us. I very much agree with Nelie however. You really can eat nourishing foods that satiate your body, never feel hungry and lose weight at the same time. We are all here for you.

Bryndi--NEVER DIET AGAIN. Make your choice to live your healthiest life from this time forward. I enjoy my foods now more than ever before. I feel freedom like I haven't in years.

Again, there is lots of support and answers here too.

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 03-22-2009 at 12:12 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:37 PM   #4  
rainy

Before I ever engaged into a diet/eating style or call-it-the-way-you-like I used to think my body fat was 'old', because really it's there since I was just a kid. I used to think it was just like dirt, once it gets dry it's harder to remove it. It was wrong though, as I started working on it I have found I can drop it easily with just a little committment, if I am being able to do it, you can do it too.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:01 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 244/244/140

Height: 5'5"

Hi. Last April I went to a weight loss doctor for 3 months. I took the HCG shots weekly, at $20 per shot. The way the MD explained to me was that the HCG in itself would not really be effective for LOSS of weight, but rather assisted to "re-distribute" the fat, which would show in loss of inches. To be honest, the first few days, I did notice that my clothes fit better, looser. This was too soon for the Phentermine and B12 injections to have done that. Afterwards, I lost weight gradually for the 3 months I went to the clinic. I lost 25lbs before having to stop because it was too expensive and my insurance didn't pay anything because he was not in my network. And unfortunately once I stopped the Phentermine I gradually started going over my "800 calorie" per day diet, and the weight crept back on. I gained it back plus 10! UGH!

Anyway, Weight Watchers (which is basically a low calorie diet) and regular exercise (Curves) has been the only other way I succeeded with any kind of long term weight loss. Back in 2001, I lost 42lbs in 4 months doing this. It stayed off for over 5 years, then I met my boyfriend, fell in love, and fell off the wagon at the same time LOL Since then, I've put the weight back on. I know it's my fault because I eat poorly and have stopped exercising. I want to start back eating better and exercising, it's just SO hard to get it going again! Anyway, I won't keep rambling---I wish you the best of luck.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:11 AM   #6  
katiejames

S/C/G: 265/186/165

Height: 5'6

Default Hgc

all i want to know is if anyone has tried this diet..if it works..i already know a 500cal a day diet is no good..so please no lecturing. if you have not tried it or dont know anyone who did then please don't respond. all i want are facts and personal experiences on this diet.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:52 AM   #7  
weight watchers

S/C/G: 211/211/150

Would it help you if I said that one of the guys hocking this crap is Kevin Trudeau, a convicted felon and known seller of "snake oil" type medical advice? There was warnings for the stuff in the American Medical Journal? (I am NOT a fan of the american medical establishment, btw..) That it has been known to cause serious reproductive issues in women? That it is used by men on steriods to keep there testicles from shrinking while on steriods?

I am serious, look it up for yourself...the stuff is dangerous...
Closed Thread