Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - Fabulous food finds at World Market

Glory87
03-13-2009, 12:23 AM
I stopped by World Market today and picked up some awesome stuff!

I got some awesome sweet potato/whole wheat gnocchi, lamb simmer sauce, a Moroccan dinner kit (add chicken) and...a dark chocolate sea salt bar. I ate a fourth of the bar tonight (about 100 calories) - my god, it is AMAZING.

BillBlueEyes
03-13-2009, 09:12 AM
That's some good looking stuff, Glory.

Unfortunately it appears that World Market hasn't made it to the North East yet.

grneyedmustang
03-13-2009, 09:14 AM
I love their crab cakes in the seafood section. MMMMMMMM....

Sorry, wrong store! I was thinking about Whole Foods. But I do like some of the wines at World Market. :)

Shannon in ATL
03-13-2009, 09:33 AM
I haven't gotten anything I don't love at World Market... Have to try that chocolate sea salt bar.

nelie
03-13-2009, 10:29 AM
Unfortunately, World Market is closing a lot of their stores. My closest World Market was one of the ones that was closed.

shrinkingviolet
03-13-2009, 11:15 AM
I love that you can get chocolate bars from England there. I studied there awhile and it brings back memories. Also, it is one of the only places around that offers Mead, which is far to caloric for me right now. World Market is fun. The sea salt chocolate sounds interesting. I'm going to look for that and only have a small portion.

JulieJ08
03-13-2009, 12:36 PM
Wow, the sweet potato / whole wheat gnocchi sound interesting. I may have to get me some :)

Glory87
03-13-2009, 12:49 PM
Yeah, I LOVE gnocchi. I tried to make some from scratch once - OHMYGOD, I completely thrashed the kitchen. Flour to my eyelids, flour on everything. Never again! I will let you know how this stuff is :)