30-Somethings - Another newbie! :)

View Full Version : Another newbie! :)

leenoodle
03-13-2009, 01:11 AM
Hello all!

My name is Liane (leeann), I am 34, married and I have 2 kids: Carli who is 11 and Alyssa who is 1.5. I have been dealing with PCOS for many many years and tried many many different diets. THis time I am sticking with the old traditional...low calorie (trying to stay under 1800) and exercise. So far I am just about 1 week in and have lost 2 lbs....Thank God. Nothing else had worked for me...manily low carb type diets...that is what about every Dr has told me to do anyway. I also added in Alli this time around. I, also, feel much more committed to it this time as well.

I am anxious to get to know you all.

Mollz
03-13-2009, 01:23 AM
Hello all!

My name is Liane (leeann), I am 34, married and I have 2 kids: Carli who is 11 and Alyssa who is 1.5. I have been dealing with PCOS for many many years and tried many many different diets. THis time I am sticking with the old traditional...low calorie (trying to stay under 1800) and exercise. So far I am just about 1 week in and have lost 2 lbs....Thank God. Nothing else had worked for me...manily low carb type diets...that is what about every Dr has told me to do anyway. I also added in Alli this time around. I, also, feel much more committed to it this time as well.

I am anxious to get to know you all.

Hi Liane.
Welcome to the group.
:welcome2:

We do have a PCOS/IR forum if you haven't already been there. I'm doing the old-fashioned "count the calories", but I'm going around 1500, rather than 1800 and found that I'm doing really well this time around. Low-carb isn't always a good thing, it's the right kind of carbs that you need. I have carbs for breakfast and lunch (multi-grain, high fibre bread) and none for dinner, just lots of veggies.

Good to meet you.

Cheers.
Mollz :boxing:

Lovlab
03-13-2009, 01:26 AM
leenoodle
Cute name!! I am new to this site as well. But, a few words from my experience...
I have had a hard time losing weight for a long long time. But, I have to say, this time around, like you, I am fully into it and I think that is the key. If you dont really want it for yourself, you wont be committed to stay focused. Also, I started Weight Watchers 3 and a half weeks ago and I have lost 13 pounds after 3 weeks. I weigh in again this Saturday. I really believe in it now! Good luck and congrats on the 2 lbs already! :)

LBH
03-13-2009, 10:59 AM
:welcome2: Liane!

squeak351
03-13-2009, 01:31 PM
:welcome3:

Welcome Liane!!!!

Beth

daydreamer
03-15-2009, 12:38 PM
Hi Liane! Welcome:D