Old 03-12-2009, 07:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 325/238/190

Height: 5'7

Default 3 days of overeating...what's wrong?

Hi all!

I've been doing weight watchers for 5 weeks now (I'm doing it online) and I've lost 10.8 pounds so far. Everything was going great until tuesday evening when I went out for dinner with a friend. I ate so much that evening that I felt so bad afterwards. I ate a bunch of fried chicken, chocolate sundae, fries and much more. I told myself I would get back on track on wednesday, but then I went out to eat again with my mom and ate like a pig there also. I also ate a bunch of chocolates and chips during the evening. Like I needed that too!

Then, I told myself I would get back at it today, the day started great, but it is now ending in a binge. Chocolate bars, chocolate cookies, bread with lots of butter.

What is going on? I'm feeling really out of control and I don't know what to do anymore. I love the program, it's working really great. I had so much motivation before tuesday and then I started cheating and I just can't stop.

As anybody been trough this also? I really need some advice!

Thanks all! Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Last edited by ShyChick; 03-12-2009 at 07:56 PM.
ShyChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:28 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

This is such a common problem with losing weight, I've been through it more that once! But since you've already proven that the program works, you must know the right way to plan your food, manage points, etc., so I'm thinking you just went temporarily out of control. If had the magic formula for getting back on the wagon, I would be a wealthy woman! And a slim one, too.

The best thing I know to tell you is, take it one meal at a time, and promise yourself you will follow your plan for that one meal. Then do it again, and again, and again until you are in control. You have lost so much weight already so you KNOW you can do this! When you feel like you might fail, pull out some of your old photos and ask yourself if you're ready to go back to that size, because that's exactly where you are headed if you don't take control now.

Please keep me up to date with how you're doing. I care.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

awww..I have been through that..obviously look at my weight...and I have done the same thing at exactly the same amt of weight loss..

I think it's a combo of feeling deprived because everyone else is not dieting and thinking..wow i lost that 10 lbs...what's one day of eating what I want???Also there's the "I already blew it, might as well as REALLY blow it" mentality.

when I think like that...my bf of 5 years...never goes through overeating binges..when he eats alot, its because he genuinely is hungry. I have never seen him eat to just eat...he weighs less than me..

When I get upset because we go out to eat..I eat wayyyy more than him...and I want to keep eating..and he sits there full off 1 plate...I want to eat more..isn't that silly?

I think the second round of overeating was you beating yourself up for the 1st round.

sounds like you might battle binge eating too--don't feel bad...come and post in "chicks in control" where we talk about what makes us do these things and challenge ourselves to not do it.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:41 PM   #4  

Thank you for your support. It means a lot to know that I'm not the only one struggling with overeating and binge eating. After those famous 3 days, I sat down and had a talk with my boyfriend who encouraged me not to give up because I've gone so far. He told me he was proud of me and that I should stop beating myself up for those 3 days.

Needless to say, the talk did me good and I am now back on track. My weigh in is tomorrow, I just hope it doesn't show too much on the scale.

Thanks for listening...well reading in that case!
Old 03-16-2009, 08:09 PM   #5  
GmaTo8

Your bf sounds like a keeper! Let us know how your WI goes, but even if you are up, or maintain, the important thing to remember is that it's over and done with, and you've moved on - in the right direction! Whoo hoo!!
Old 03-17-2009, 12:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 187/171/125

Height: 5'4''

I second what Jane said (about your bf being a keeper, and about taking it one meal at a time!)

ShyGirl, you're definitely not alone! Keep at it- You are doing great so far- you've lost over 10 lbs!! Amazing!! Every day is a new opportunity to do well on your program, so don't beat yourself up- everyone has slip-ups.

Definitely let us know how your WI goes- we're rooting for you!
primaballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:01 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 169/141/123

Height: 5'6"

Default this is the worst

I hate that. I do it at least once a week and I gain all the weight that I just lost back. I had to start thinking that all the hard work I put into weight loss was going towards nothing because I just ate the weight back with binges. this is so hard but we can do it no matter what
jooanie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 06:25 PM   #8  

Default Good news

I lost weight. I was very surprised, but I am soooooo happy. I lost 3.2 pounds this week!!!

Total : 14 pounds so far

I'm back on track now, and everything is going great! Again, thank you all for your support!
Old 03-17-2009, 07:46 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

omg! yay! maybe the binge was your body's way of saying you needed more..make sure you are getting enough food to lose weight..
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:36 AM   #10  
GmaTo8

Old 03-19-2009, 07:07 PM   #11  

Just want to add that I have this problem from time to time. I lose control and then I feel badly. I have no explanations as I have all the best intentions.
I'm glad you lost weight just the same. That doesn't always happen when I lose control. Lots of times I am able to bounce right back and get in the groove again, but sometimes a binge begins and I lose it.
Happened to me yesteray. Today, I've been trying hard again almost like it never happened. But, I am still mad at myself.
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:42 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 6

maybe you would benefit from attending a few meetings... they are very motivating!
MandiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:10 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

I can think of countless times where I just could not find the food to satisfy my hunger. If I let myself over eat I feel sick but it does not stop the next episode. Each day is a new day, each , moment is new moment to make a choice. Some choices will be good some not so..
I have been working on my trigger foods. I know that white bread, rice and pasta trigger me to want to keep eating. So I seriously avoid them. the problems is that then if I do have them it is like an alcoholic with booze. Zip and I am off the wagon.
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:15 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 152/108/100

Height: 4ft 11

hiya

one thing no ones mentioned here but could it have been TOM or PMT as you know what thats like all you want is comfort food, i think i have had a simlar problem this wee and although have not lost i have not gained either so its all good

much love

mystic
mysticshaz is offline   Reply With Quote