Old 03-12-2009, 01:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 191/see ticker/155

Height: 5'9"

Question New here... embarrassing question!!!

I have been on a diet for about 3-4 weeks now... And I have been watching calorie intake, working out, making sure I am eating the right foods and the correct amount...However I was a regular 'daily' person...now it's only 2-3 times per week...if you catch my drift!! I'm not uncomfortable at all....anyone else have or did experience this??
Looking4Change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:46 PM   #2  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

How much water are you getting? Sometimes if you increase your protein and fiber intake but don't increase your water enough, then it will cause things to... slow down a little bit. When I started eating healthier, I had that same problem. But then I upped my water intake and I am back to my usual 5-6 times a week.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:47 PM   #3  
I can...and I will...

S/C/G: 202/196/160

Height: 5'6"

I will take that embarrassing question and share...
I have noticed that I don't go as often nor am I uncomfortable. I view it this way...my body is making the most of what I am putting in so makes sense that less is coming out. Here is something that I learned years ago that stuck with me. When you do "go" the goal is for it to (this is gross, but) float. It was a nutritionist that told me and I can't remember exactly why but always remembered it.
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

I have also noticed that I am less frequent/regular now that I am restricting calories. I am eating plenty of fiber and drinking lots. I think it's just because there is less stuff in the pipeline. It's frustrating, because being less regular makes daily scale readings fluctuate more.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:29 PM   #5  
Meow

I think it depends on your body.. because I go everyday in the morning and I count calories...
kalikat003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

For me, it took a few weeks of... not much. I think my body was adjusting. After a while, it did even out, and now I am more regular then ever before! I say give your body time to get used to its new fuel.

Also, it is good advice to make sure you are getting enough water/fibre. And its the fibre that makes it float!
lovesjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 280/268.6/200

Height: 5'4

For me it was the opposite... the better I ate the more i needed to go and fast. Eventually it got regular again. I believe it takes a while for the body to get balanced.
anny1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:54 PM   #8  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

What are you eating? Are you eating plenty of fresh fruits and veggies? It is healthy for your body to eliminate regularly. When I ate unhealthy, I was a 2-3/week person but now I'm 2-3/day.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 191/see ticker/155

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for the information!! I think I just need to give it some time... If I eat anymore veggies I'll turn into one! The fiber isn't an issue and I have not had pop in about 10 years so I drink about 8 or more glasses of water a day. But maybe going from eating junk and carbs all the time and during any hour to a very healthy diet did it....I'll give it a few more weeks! Thanks everyone! Glad it isn't just me!!
Looking4Change is offline   Reply With Quote