100 lb. Club - Flexibility?

View Full Version : Flexibility?

Gretchy
03-12-2009, 09:34 AM
So I started doing Yoga Booty Ballet yesterday... and I just felt so incredibly unflexible during it all.
I know that it was only my first time and as I do it more and more I'll be more flexible than I was last night, but...

Is there anything you all do specifically to improve on your flexibility?

BarbPA
03-12-2009, 10:22 AM
My flexibility has improved greatly with my weight loss and daily stretching after I exercise. :)

TJFitnessDiva
03-12-2009, 10:25 AM
yes flexibility comes :) I do pilates & when I first started I could barely flex where they wanted me to so just keep doing it and as your body gets used to it then you can push it to more

ChocLabLover
03-12-2009, 10:39 AM
The flexibility will come, you have to give it some time. I have been doing Yoga about 3 times a week since September and I have noticed a great improvement since then. Before I could not even try the "plow" pose, but now I can get into it with out a problem at all.

lonegirl
03-12-2009, 11:10 AM
Stretch, stretch and more streching! :) When I was doing Martial Arts (pre baby) we did mega stretching at each class...Make sure you are well warmed up because you never want to stretch cold muscles as you will hurt yourself. Stretch until you feel it and hold that position for a count of 3...then switch sides and repeat. Do not bounce on the stretch, hold the pose instead.

corazonas
03-12-2009, 11:17 AM
I'm still not the most flexible person in the world but it definitely comes with time and practice... keep at it!

Gretchy
03-12-2009, 01:47 PM
Thanks everyone. I'll just keep stretching and working at it!

cfmama
03-12-2009, 09:15 PM
Yep... daily stretching is my key. My girls are dancers (ballet and jazz) so every day we get on the floor and stretch together. At 290+ lbs I can do the splits now!!! It will come :)

TraceyElaine
03-12-2009, 09:21 PM
I hear ya. I started the Biggest Loser Yoga today. lemme tell you, I watched most of it from the floor on my belly. I am sooooo unflexable right now! I used to be kinda flexable so it is agravating but I'm hoping it will come to.

Buttercup
03-13-2009, 12:22 AM
Yep... daily stretching is my key. My girls are dancers (ballet and jazz) so every day we get on the floor and stretch together. At 290+ lbs I can do the splits now!!! It will come :)

Love it!!:carrot:

JulieJ08
03-13-2009, 01:03 PM
So I started doing Yoga Booty Ballet yesterday... and I just felt so incredibly unflexible during it all.
I know that it was only my first time and as I do it more and more I'll be more flexible than I was last night, but...

Is there anything you all do specifically to improve on your flexibility?

How about Yoga booty Ballet, specifically? :) I haven't seen it, but I'm assuming it actually includes yoga.

I think the key is daily stretching more than anything. I do yoga, and sometimes I go through a period where it feels like nothing is happening, and then ... progress. It's not always even.