Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-11-2009, 06:56 PM   #1  

Height: 5'3"

Default I ate 12 cookies. :-(

I have had a box of Caramel DeLites on my desk for weeks. I keep ignoring them. Well, today, a guy had an *open* box of them on his desk. I told myself it was OK to have two. Just two.

Well, I got back to my desk and opened my own box. And ate 10. Ten! The janitor came by to empty my trash and I gave him my cookies. At least I didn't eat the last 5...

So, 840 wasted calories and a stomachache. Ugh. I am skipping dinner.
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:02 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Girl scout cookies...this time of year, they are so hard to avoid!

I'd be careful with skipping dinner...maybe have something light? The reason is that those cookies are going to blow your blood sugar sky high, after which it will shoot back down...not eating -something- will most likely result in tomorrow being a very hungry day. Having something small with some fiber and protein will blunt the effect of the sugar, which should make it a lot easier to stay on plan tomorrow.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Ouch! DH just let me know that the Girl Scout Cookies that we ordered in January are in. This was before I started Weight Watchers...
We ordered 4 boxes. 2 peppermint ones and 2 peanut butter... He already opened a box and has eaten half of it! They're 160/cookie!!! Not even 2 per serving!!! I am not looking forward to him coming home!! LOL..

Just keep plugging along! It's good that you gave the rest of the cookies away.. You're SUPER close to your goal!! Keep it up!!

Last edited by tdiprincess; 03-11-2009 at 07:07 PM.
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW 176/SW 163/CW ticker/GW 120

Height: 5'4"

oh man. i totally know that feeling. it always starts with just one or two for me and quickly spirals out of control. at least you were able to stop eventually. ahhh the life of the binge eater...
sws19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:55 PM   #5  
No description available.

Ah yes. I understand. (wiping the coconut from my mouth)
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:04 PM   #6  
starving artist

S/C/G: 161/157.2/135

Height: 5'7"

oh god, i totally know that feeling as well. its depressing. for some reason i try and justify it as im doing it. i tell myself i deserve to be bingeing. but then i always feel crazy guilty afterwards. it sucks.
stellart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:07 PM   #7  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 185/150

Height: 5'5

i don't buy girl scout cookies anymore. i was one. many many boxes have been obliterated by me.
corazonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:08 PM   #8  
starving artist

S/C/G: 161/157.2/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazonas View Post
many many boxes have been obliterated by me.
hah well said. thin mints are the devil's work
stellart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Been there, done that. Actually, I haven't quite done that because in my case those last five cookies would not have gone to the janitor -- so good for you for putting the brakes on that quickly! Really, you should feel proud about that.

I hope you can build on that success. But like Mandalinn said, skipping dinner probably isn't the best way to move forward. I think it's best to behave as much as possible like it didn't happen. A smaller dinner makes sense, because you won't be as hungry, but skipping it entirely might set you up for a huge challenge tomorrow.

These bumps in the road are inevitable. It's how you move forward from them that matters. Good luck!
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:19 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellart View Post
thin mints are the devil's work

Oh yeah they are!!
The peanut butter ones too! Ugh.. DH is coming home soon.. I've left room in my points for them, because I know that I'm going to have some... I just hope I'll be able to stop.
They really should be called "crack-cookies" SOO addicting!!
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:35 PM   #11  

Thanks for the support, guys!

Well, I ran my calories for the day and even with the cookies, I'm only at about 1600 if I skip dinner (which was going to be ground turkey and spaghetti squash). Whew.

english muffin
1tbsp country crock
1/2 c strawberries
4 light rye wasa breads
4oz turkey
1 c low-fat cottage cheese
brussel sprouts
baby carrots
12 f&%$ing cookies

Oh well. On to tomorrow...
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:12 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

Rachinma--

I don't mean to be a downer, but why did you have the box of cookies on your desk (and for over a week) in the first place?

If you don't have the temptation in front of you at your desk at work, the less chance there is to splurge on unwanted calories!

~ tea

Last edited by teawithsunshine; 03-11-2009 at 10:13 PM.
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:22 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 345/282/200

Height: 5'8"

A cute little girl scout tried to sell me cookies on my way out of the grocery store the other day. I politely told her that I am trying to lose weight and can't eat cookies right now.

She didn't flinch and she looked up at me with big brown eyes and a smile and said "Don't you want to buy them for someone else, it's for a good cause?"

In a flash in my minds eye I saw me smacking the freaking cookies out of her hand and roaring into her face inches away "LOOK AT ME THE LAST THING I NEED IS A BOX OF F'ING COOKIES" sending the youngster running off in tears screaming for her mother .....

.....only to flash back instantly to the present and say... "No thank you I'm sorry, maybe next year."

oh yeah and MY favorite are the Samoa's MMMMMMMMMMMMM
flatiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:37 PM   #14  
is in it to win it

S/C/G: 236/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default your so close

rach your so close to your gooooal! you must have been doing something right so far! dont beat yourself up about it.... thats the worst thing you can do- but im sure youve heard that before.

tell yourself your beautiful, and your human, and tomorrows another day to make it!

Sherindarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:44 PM   #15  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 302.2/302.2/160

I am ADDICTED to GS cookies, I was a girl scout and I volunteer as a lifeguard at a GS summer camp every summer. And as soon as cookie season hit, I stopped going to the store after school hours until late at night and I wont go on the weekends not either. Because when it comes to those poor little girls trying to get me to buy cookies, I can NEVER say no. I know what its like standing in the freezing cold selling those stupid things...... AND, now they tempt me from the T.V. I mean seriously! Since when did they have commercials?
Newlywed is offline   Reply With Quote