Old 03-11-2009, 03:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Today - is a good day

I recently broke down my feelings to look like this:

60% - regular, no big deal routine
30% - happy, euphoric with my weight loss and new self
10% - whiny, I just want to eat scones like a normal person

It seems like I usually post in this forum to whinge about how hard maintenance is. Today, I'm actually in the 30% - I feel slim and pretty and happy. I am actually wearing my suit pants (that I was worried about fitting in to for Vegas) and they fit GREAT. I didn't gain any weight during the Open House event (also known as Seven Days of Buffet Food Including Cute Desserts at Every Meal) this year - I gained about 5 lbs last year I have struggled to get off ever since.

Just wanted to share a positive for once! It's about to be the time of year for wonderful fresh produce (maintaining is always easier in the summer). It's also going to be time for cute summer skirts, sandals, pedicures...Yay!

Last edited by Glory87; 03-11-2009 at 09:47 PM. Reason: to does not equal too
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:11 PM   #2  

Good for you! I can't wait to feel that euphoria. Honestly, even though I have a long way to go, I am feeling good. I know that I may not look fab yet to others but I'm trying to get used to feeling good about my body before I even hit goal.

Thanks for breaking down the percentages. Of course individual mileage will vary but it's good to have some idea what to expect.
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:50 PM   #3  
Workin' It

Woo hoo Glory!

I'm in that 30% euphoric place today myself!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:22 PM   #4  
Working My Way Back Down

I was there yesterday, today back in the 70%. But I have new shoes and that always makes me feel good.

So happy to hear you made it through the event without gaining, Glory! It CAN be done.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:02 PM   #5  
No description available.

I was in that euphoric place this weekend. Bought a dress, silky and close fitting, sleeveless, size 6!!! Eeep! Fits like a glove and my arms rock.

Early morning runs? Lifting weights even on days I'd rather not? Clean eating most of the time? WORTH IT!!!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:39 PM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Yay for good days!!! It's a wonderful feeling. Walking around all delighted with yourself and the world. And yay for not gaining during that hard 7 day stretch.

I think this would be a great place to post our maintenance positives, for lack of a better word. I like it!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:57 AM   #7  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

I think your ratio looks pretty darn healthy!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I think my percentages are a bit different. I don't see myself as euphoric much at all (at least right now).

10% whiny for sure, especially this morning when I swore at my scale. But I do put it in perspective and don't let it ruin my whole day (but did make sure I weighed and measured everything for breakfast and lunch!)
90% regular. I try not to let stress bother me. I get my work done at work and at home and everything is good.

I'll have to work on incorporating some euphoria. Perhaps if the scale would move down rather than up I'd see some of that!!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:42 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Today was an exceptionally good day. I have this gorgeous brown wool plaid pencil skirt, short above the knee. It hasn't fit ALL winter - I've looked like a sausage casing. Today, I tried it on - fit GREAT. I'm not wearing it though, I figured I would be freezing all day. It's enough to know that it FITS AGAIN!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:06 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Default Interesting brain exercise

I tend to live very much in the moment (probably 'cause I hang out with dogs all day ) so I never thought about dividing my emotional life into percentages. It's an interesting intellectual exercise though. I don't give my brain enough of that.

I tend to be up and down every day, depending on what's happening from one hour to the next. I'm in a cycle of great change this year (as is DH) so it's a bit of a rollercoaster week to week too.

My numbers now would probably be 60% regular, 10% euphoric, and 30% whiny .

My goal is 60% regular, 30% euphoric, and 10% whiny .

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:54 AM   #11  
clarabr

S/C/G: 170/144/136-138

Height: 5'4"

Since I regained part of the weight I lost, mine has been 45% whiny (why did I let that happen??) 45% whiny too (I'll never lose again), 10% regular (at least I only regained 1/3 of the weight). But I'm working on it!

Congratulations on fitting into that skirt again!
clarabr is offline   Reply With Quote