Old 03-11-2009, 02:14 PM   #1  

Question Calories at this restaurant??

We are going to Rafferty's tonight for my hubby's b-day, and I was trying to see what would be your recommendation for me to eat

I could get a salad, or grilled fish with steamed veggies.
Here is some things from their menu,,,,

HOMEMADE DRESSINGS~ Garlic Ranch, Bleu Cheese, 1000 Island, Mustard-Honey/Hot Bacon, Sweet Orange, Mustard-Honey, Vinaigrette, Hot Bacon

Frisco Salad
Enjoy this bowl of crisp mixed greens topped with chopped egg, potato sticks, Monterey Jack cheese, artichoke hearts, tomatoes and grilled seasoned chicken. Topped with Rafferty's homemade vinaigrette dressing.
If I got this, I would leave off the potato sticks

Grilled Salmon Caesar Salad
The freshest hickory grilled salmon swimming in a sea of crisp hearts of romaine and seasoned croutons, sprinkled in parmesan cheese and coated in our Caesar dressing. (Grilled or Blackened)
If I got this I would change the salad dressing to a lower cal/fat choice, and I wouldn't get the croutons.

Ranch Chicken Wrap
A taste explosion stuffed to the brim and packed tight in a spinach tortilla. This wrap is stuffed with hot grilled chicken, romaine lettuce, parmesan cheese and our famous ranch dressing. Served with salsa.
If I get this then I would get the ranch on the side, or maybe bring my own lf version

Catch of the Day Grilled or Blackened
Our fresh fish-of-the-day grilled over live hickory coals, brushed with olive oil or seasoned and basted Cajun style, then blackened.
If I get this should I tell them grilled, but light on the olive oil?

Here are all the sides I can choose from
Side ItemsHomemade French Fries • Creamy Coleslaw • Baked Potato • Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes •Spike’s Mean Beans • Steamed Vegetables • Cottage Cheese or a House Salad with
Cold mixed greens, topped with chopped eggs, diced tomatoes, crisp potato sticks, and hot chopped bacon. Topped with your choice of dressing.
I wouldn't get the potato sticks

SO what would you get that would be the lowest in calories? I am on a 1200 calorie plan, and so far today I have had 416.
I made him a German Chocolate cake, but I don't think I will have any.
I am having a really hard time with the amount of calories that my body likes, and I'm getting very frustrated. I will save that for another post

Thanks so much!! And if you help me pick something can you help me guess what the calorie total would be for that meal?

Thanks
Cathy
cathyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:46 PM   #2  
BELIEVE!

Hi Cathy -

Good for you researching your meal before going out. I do it all the time! I personally avoid the fancy schmancy salads at restaurants because you have no control over the portion size of ingredients. The Frisco salad for example...even though you'd get it w/o the potato sticks you have no way of know how much egg or cheese they will add.

I'm thinking the catch of the day would be the best option. Yes - light oil. With steamed veggies - no butter. I don't eat fish so my typical restaurant meal is grilled chicken with veggies.

I know you'll make healthy choices...especially since you are planning carefully.

Have fun.
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

I agree with Barb. The catch of the day sounds like the best choice. Bravo on all your research!! Good luck!
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote