Support Groups - Back in Kindergarten #74

View Full Version : Back in Kindergarten #74

RosieKate
03-11-2009, 09:08 AM
Hello & Welcome to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey!
So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke etc. and pull up a chair and join us!

:hug::hug::hug:

RosieKate
03-11-2009, 09:11 AM
Hey I got to start the new one!

I'm skipping out on water aerobics this morning. The forecast is for a sunny day, so I am going to get a walk in later.

I just got a new knitting job, but it's a rush..have to get it done by this weekend...so today will be a knitting day :)

Happy Wednesday to Everyone!

tommysgirl18
03-11-2009, 01:37 PM
just popping in for my daily pop in......

I have already cleaned the bathroom mirrors, and the bathroom sink. I am running the dishwasher right now, and I am washing the kids laundry as well.

Mom2Gaby
03-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Hey All,

It was my day off and I spent it (so far) doing as little as possible. Been reading and napping w/ the cat. Now I have to rush and get Gaby from school. She will have 2 days off now w/ teacher meetings going on Th/F. Worried about her last night because she was running a temp but this AM it was 99 , so sent her to school.

Yada, yada.......oh, made a salad w/ peaches in it, kept the onions out....it was good.

Katy - Thanks for the new thread! You knit for others?

Kathy - I was going to say that Gaby still sleeps w/ me at times.....ok, most of the time. I figure I will out gro wit some day - haha....I like having her there but think she will want sleep overs next year so that won't be too cool having a 45 having a slumber party w/ 7 year olds :dizzy:

awww, better get! My teacher meeting is tonight , so a lot of trips across the bridge today!

chat more later.

Shopaholic1204
03-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Just stopping by to say Hi!!

suetalks
03-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Hello...I am home, alive and well. Tired and poor! Fat and still sassy! Any other terms I can come up with? LOL... Just being silly as I am worn out. I will try to come back after Jeopardy and yak...but if not I will surely drop by tomorrow.

luckycharm
03-11-2009, 07:31 PM
Hi everyone. :wave:

Popping in really quickly.

Francie, you are very welcome.

Spent the day at the dentist (well half the day.) Got my teeth cleaned this morning, then all three kids got theirs done after my appointment. So got our of there at 3:00. Then I had to run and pick up DD new tires for her truck, then picked up DH from work, now I am home to make a quick supper, then head back into town as it is dart night.

Susan, I knew you would appreciate my MIL comment as much as I did. I think that because we know how fast they grow up, we just appreciate the cuddles alot. They will one day sleep in their own rooms. I just wish that he didn't move around so much so that I didn't wake up a few times a night.

Mindee - sounds like you are having a busy day. It will be nice when you get a moment to sit down and put your feet up.

Katy - Enjoy your walk and your nice weather. I hope that all your snow melts. What are you knitting? And how long will it take you to get it finished?

Hi to everyone else. I must get going and get supper done. I'll check back later.

luckycharm
03-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Sue - I am happy that you are back. Are you poor because you found a house? If so you will need to post some pictures. You now need to relax from your vacation.

jules1216
03-12-2009, 08:58 AM
quickee for me---Mom is having some minor problems with the treatment, Ry & Teri are going to have me nuts by the end of the month and they have to move.....

Dominic keeps me sane...and YBB at night helps me to sleep!!!

FrouFrou
03-12-2009, 10:56 AM
JULES...hugs to you and your mom :hug: :hug:

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Nothing going on, nothing to say...same old stuff, different day.

Have a good day all!

suetalks
03-12-2009, 11:47 AM
Good morning. I am a little more rested, but it usually takes me three days to feel tip-top after a trip. We just stay up too late and don't rest much, or eat right, when we go to Vegas.

We are still in the process of buying a condo. The one we wanted had sold the day we looked at it...of course. So, we are "thinking" about our next step. Personally, since the weather is soon to be nice here, I am over Vegas for now. haha

I didn't do too badly this trip. I always take a certain amount to use to gamble. If it is gone I am done. Well, I gambled every day and brought back the same as I took. And I had even bought two nice meals at TGIFriday's out of that cash. DH did almost the same, so we have money to go back and do it again. :)

I am going to try and get caught up with answering you ladies. Whew, a week is a lot of posts.

Jules- Hugs to your mom, I hope she is doing better. Don't let the grown kids make you crazy...but been there, done that. I almost had a breakdown when one DD was younger...so much drama. But we all survived and I guess it made her stronger because she is a very strong independent woman. (it gave me gray hair and kept me skinny!) I would rather be heavier and happier, thank you very much. LOL..

Cristina- Still busy with the youngster I see. I hope your next open house gives you results. Is the "wallpaper house" still the one you are buying when yours sells?

Sassy- YAY! You are moved and semi-settled. I know you will enjoy the house. Hope you get the washer fixed. Is your kitty doing okay? Maybe the move just traumatized him.

Mindee- So sorry to read about your grandma. Hugs to you and your family. ON the good news side..yay for Tommy's job. Sounds like a good one.

Francie- Glad you are enjoying alone time with DH again. That's cool.

Katy- I am going to have to start counting carbs. or something different. Calories aren't doing it for me right now. Of course, I need to give it a week to get re-covered from this trip.

Kathy- Oh boy, I do not envy you the snow. Sounds like way too much for me.

Susan- Ms. Gaby is growing so tall....hope she didn't show her undies. lol. You are doing great. I wish I was in the 140's.

Robin- Welcome. Hope to chat with you more later.

Today mom goes to the Dr. She got sick one night while we were gone. Otherwise she said she felt wonderful. Her kidney just causes her trouble once in awhile and I guess she will have to live with that.
I have to get groceries and take her to the Dr. and hopefully get back to the ironing board. I told DH yesterday it isn't fair..I wash, iron and pack before the trip. Then I un-pack, wash and iron after. He felt bad and helped me fold and put away things. (he has never done that before..lol)

I had a wonderful salad while gone, it made me think of Susan. It was field greens, strawberries, parmesan and pecans, topped with a chicken breast. The salad was dressed with a balsamic vinegarette. I never thought the vinegar would be good on fruit...but had this last time and couldn't wait to get it again. I doubt if it was "diet friendly" due to the large portion, but I am planning to make a smaller version at home. I am also planning an oriental salad with oranges and almonds. I have to get some new dressings first.....

I am not weighing in until April Fools Day. Really..I am boycotting the scales until then. And I plan to be an exercising fool...well at least the fool part. haha

See I am back and gabby as ever. Have a good day chickies and a good week-end ahead.

suetalks
03-12-2009, 11:51 AM
Sassy and Francie- Good luck with the up-coming Drs. visits. I am thinking pink and blue for you both. Prayers for you!

I have to add: We had crocus and tulips popping up when we got home...and robins everywhere. Then it got cold again, but we know Spring is on the way!

luckycharm
03-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Hello to all

Not much going on here at all....

Sue I am so jealous...tulips,,,,I love tulips....and robins the first sign of spring...only 6 more weeks until we have that here. But I will add, I got 2 feet away from the darn huge porcupine that our dogs keep thinking they should keep out of our yard. I tried to chase it away, but it ignored me. You would think it was one of my kids.

tommysgirl18
03-12-2009, 01:42 PM
I am doing my daily pop in..........

things are on the quiet side around here......Logan is playing in his room, Marissa is sleeping, I am doing our laundry today, and still not sure if I am going to make cookies or not.

Tommy came home for lunch today and brought Burger King with him. I was able to eat maybe a quarter of my lunch because the kids wanted some of mine, so I shared with them. He asked me if I wanted to go to a tattoo party on Saturday. A friend of his is having one, and so we might go to that. I am going to do some research on finding what I wanted my new tattoo to look like. I am going to see if I can get a couple sheets of copy paper from the office manager so if I find something that I like on the computer, then I can trace it and put it all together and take it with me.

tommysgirl18
03-12-2009, 01:44 PM
oh yeah....when I was in the office getting change yesterday to do the kids laundry, the office manager was moving some things around on her desk. she goes "nope that one isn't yours, yup that one is yours." she got me and our neighbor (and good friend) a sympathy card and was having the other tenants (that know us) sign it with their condolences. I really appreciate it, so I am excited and looking forward to receiving it.

Mom2Gaby
03-12-2009, 01:45 PM
Good Morning -

Hate smoke smell on people who sit next to me, it is a major YUK! Just because you are smoking outside doesn't mean you don't carry the residue on you. Neener, neener,,,,,,

Now I am already pissed. lol

Jules- :hug::hug: to you, stay sane and keeping your mother in my prayers.

:welcome: back Sue! Glad you had fun with the gambling and you came out even. My mom and step dad like to do that, my mom breaks even too. Your salad sounds yummy! I was out of mushrooms today and kindey beans so think I will have to buy a little bowl of some extra's at the salad bar at work to make up for it. Too lazy to make a trip to the store this morning.

Kathy - wow, you had a busy day w/ the dentist yesterday! I need to do that too but kind of scared to hear how bad my teeth are.....lol. My fave flowers are sunflowers w/ tulips as a second choice, they are beautiful. Gab likes to sleep w/ me , she likes to snuggle and even though it is a king size bed I am always on the edge because she tries to get as close to me as possible.

Francie - I am at the point in Switch where a certain someone gets their head shot off.......good stuff! lol I will try and finish it tonight if I am not too tired from work today.

Cristina - What you doing today? What are you reading? I think I asked before but I forget.

:wave: to everyone else. I have to dash to work (again). Gab was sick last night w/ a 101 temp, it was down to 99 this morning. She seemed fto be feeling better (minus a cough) so I decided to take her to adventure club at 10am and I will go to work. Cross fingers, I hope she stays well. A lot of other kids are coughing too. It was PJ day but I told her no to that because Hannah Montana (her pj's) isn't very warm garb in the drafty gym or to be out on the playground.
I didn't even go to the teacher meeting , though her father did.....he didn't tell me what was said yet but I asked him to sign me up for the zoo field trip in June. yay, I wanna go to the zoo! haha

I guess that is it. Rach is trying to lose weight , she is back up to 220 and called me the other night in tears. She wanted to start back into kickboxing , which would cost $109 for 4 visits a week. I told her she has membership to the community center with a nice gym, the pool and all - plus the park to walk in.....I also told her I can't lose the weight for her, that has to come from within herself. Because she was crying "why don't you help me???" Will, she knows the answers to HOW to lose weight, she just needs to do it or wait to hit bottom (like I had to do) and get tired of being out of shape.
Blah - blah......anyway, I guess my point is I was trying to figure how to pay for kickboxing....., I wish she would get a job. She only has 1 more test for her GED, so she should be done w/ that in the spring term and ready to take some classes next Fall.

k- rambled enough! Time for work. Did I say that the motel that I worked at is advertising for help? I was thinking of seeing if they would let me only work Monday/Wednesdays, my days off from the hospital.

k- now really rambled enough!! lol
toodles........:carrot:

suetalks
03-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Susan- I am reading Envy by Sandra Brown. So far it is holding my interest. I have read lots by her and have enjoyed them all.

Okay, I am back from running and didn't even get groceries yet.... and I am not ironing until tomorrow. I am just pooped, so going on strike! LOL

Food was good yesterday and so far today. I have myself convinced that I am never hungry...so I am eating at mealtime and not grazing. And no food after 7ish in the evening. I say "ish" because sometimes we eat almost that late.

Hi to all....

Shopaholic1204
03-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Grrrrrr...I've had one horrible day!! First my computer totally crashes, then I cannot sleep!!! Fonzo had to put me to sleep by rubbing my back and hair when he came home for lunch, lol. And he finally fixed my comp. Ugh...I have to re download everything!!! Its sooooooooooo annoying!! PLUS..we get paid tonight..but in the meantime, we've been starving since last friday!!! We've been eating our emergancy foods..which arent very good. My body is sooooooo stiff and sore because I'm so freakin tired. But I'm not gonna go back to sleep until tonight. Because I need to sleep at night!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ughhh..I suck today..LOL

Sassy_Chick
03-12-2009, 11:48 PM
Hola. :wave:

Just a quickie as I am BEAT! Been workin' on the house all day + I babysat my BF's little girl and babysitting her again in the morning.
We met my inlaws for dinner then they came back and seen the house they like it.

THANK YOU Kathy and Cole for the card, picture and drawing!!! Very sweet! :D

OH I have uploaded a picture my BF took of me @ work Tuesday night so those of you who have me on myspace can see my new "do"!

Later Taters!

:hug:

FrouFrou
03-13-2009, 09:49 AM
HAPPY FRIDAY the 13th!

SASSY...I will check out the photo!

FRANCIE...hugs to you! :hug: :hug:

SUE...glad to see ya back and glad you guys had a good time in Vegas! Hope your mother is well.

JULES...hope your mother is doing well also. :hug: :hug:

A big HI to everyone else :wave:

Have a wonderful weekend!

tommysgirl18
03-13-2009, 01:05 PM
doing my daily pop in........how did we get so lucky to have two months in a row with Friday the 13th? I wonder if this one will go better than last months?

nothing really major going on here.....just need to do some cleaning up with the mp3's on the computer to make some room......then send out the evite for the kids' birthday party next month! then looking for some more songs and some more tattoo ideas. we are going tomorrow to a tattoo party, and I want to go in there with what I want to get done......then I will only have to figure out where I want to get it done!

I asked my mom in an email for some more ideas of what my grandparents liked. I know my grandpa liked hunting and volleyball, but that is about it. And my grandma was really into genealogy and liked pansies, but that is about it. so I am hoping to get some more light shed on that one so I can get a clearer idea in my head.

other than that, nothing really going on.....just dealing with some crap but I will leave it at that. I am almost done with Angels & Demons! I am on chapter 133 out of 137!!!!

suetalks
03-13-2009, 05:07 PM
Fly-by here to say hello. Beautiful sunny day here today, but still very cool. I am excited...walking around the yard I saw my irises are coming up and some other plants are showing green shoots. I have such a black thumb that I was afraid none of my plants from last year would come back. I am sure I will find more to plant this year, but at least some are coming back. When I planted the bulbs last year we saw the squirrels digging them up..so I didn't know what to expect. Now if it would just get WARM.

I got everything finished today that I wanted and now need to get Mom and I some food. DH is gone for the day..so just us girls. I am on my way to the grocery to get some oranges...just have been wanting one.

Take care ladies and have a good week-end.....

jules1216
03-13-2009, 08:17 PM
Quickee before I go to be---it's only8:15 but I am soooo ready....

Good news--Mom had a rough day on Wednesday but was doing alot better today. She's just really tired. If she's up to it, we may go to a flower and garden show at the community college on Sunday.

more good news--went for dominic's 1 year checkup with the cardiologist...both holes in his heart are shut!!! He's a whopping 28 pounds and 33 !/2 inches tall.

Good nite!!!

tommysgirl18
03-13-2009, 09:06 PM
just thought I would pop back in quickly.......my mom sent me some more suggestions to go through to see if I can figure something out that I would want to get to honor my grandparents...now I just need to figure out what I want to get and where.

I am hoping that some of the seeds that I planted last year will sprout this year. I am not sure how well they went into the ground, so here is to hoping that I get something from them!

Sue~ Great job on getting every thing done on your list!

Jules~ Yay on the great check up!!!

suetalks
03-13-2009, 10:27 PM
Jules- That's wonderful about Dominic's heart. My son had a hole in his heart which they said would close by 2 or 3 years of age. It finally did close and they released him from the heart Drs. when he was 16. Truly! It was a VSD and never gave him a bit of trouble. He just had to take antibiotics if he had any dental work done. No other affects. So glad to hear that you won't have to keep worrying about Dominic. He is a robust little booger too...growing fast. Glad to hear that your mom is doing better and hope she continues to improve.

Mindee- I hope you can decide on a tat to honor your grandparents. Loved your family pics.

I am off to bed here...just feel worn out.

jules1216
03-14-2009, 08:35 AM
Mindee--good luck on the tattoos and the seeds. We went and got bird food at a local tractor supply pace that sells big bags of it and I picked up a little cayenne pepper starter kit. They are really taking off, I may go back and see if some of the herb ones are still there. I'd like to do cilantro for salsa and basil.

Sue- I remember you saying that about your son. The doctor told us that the muscle is not as thick as the rest of the wall but he feels that it will be fine. He said that we don't have to worry about him having to take the antibiotics before any surgery any more too. Mom is joking about still eating real food before she goes on her special mushy diet. SHe has lost a little weight already but I think it's just the stress. I wish stress made me lose weight--I'd be a skinny little thing by now...

Hi to everyone else--off to make the boys breakfast...
a

suetalks
03-14-2009, 03:46 PM
Good Sat. afternoon ladies. I imagine everyone is busy with and exciting life...except me that is. LOL.

I did finally do the grocery store trip (3 stores) and am home being lazy. Getting ready to break out the sewing machine and get busy on some projects. I am tired of being a slug....haha.

Jules- Hope your mom is up to the flower show tomorrow. Glad she can still eat real food.....(why will she be on a mushy diet?)

My mom got a good report from her urologist Thurs. but they can't figure out what made her so sick over the week-end. Her vascular Dr. was well pleased with her progress on Monday when my DD took her also. He thinks her circulation might be good enough for her to be put under for the kidney surgery. Now if the heart Dr. concurs she might be able to get the kidney fixed.
Today she is feeling great and even went with me for groceries. She walked around the whole time. :)

DH went out card playing yesterday and got home way late...so he is not doing much today. Thank goodness basketball is on t.v. Keeps him out of my hair. LOL..

Okay, I am off to the sewing room to see what I can get into there.

FrouFrou
03-14-2009, 03:51 PM
Hello ladies...

JULES...that is such wonderful news, on both Dominic and your mom! Glad she is feeling better. I wish stress made me lose weight too! Enjoy the garden show!

SUE...forgot to say, yes, we are still in contract with the wallpaper house, hoping we don't lose it. The contract is actually supposed to end sometime this month and we are hoping that she still wants to sell. The lady wasn't in a hurry to sell so :crossed:

SUSAN...I am reading Swapping Lives by Jane Green. After the last book, Three Dollars I NEEDED something silly to read. Almost done with this one and not sure what I will read next...maybe something by James Patterson...thinking I need a Patterson fix. Hoping you aren't working too hard and you are able to have some me time.

MINDEE...did you figure something out yet, tattoo that is? I'm sure whatever you get, it will be GREAT!

Hi KATHY, TAMMY, MICHELLE, ASIA, FRANCIE, SASSY, KATY, ROBIN and anyone I missed as well as anyone reading this.

I am being absolutely lazy today, lol....nothing whatsoever going on. Spent quite a bit of time on myspace messing around with pictures and other crap. Thinking I got everything how I want it :dunno: In between waiting I did get some reading done and plan on finishing this book today! Also, plan to work on a couple of scrapbook pages and put some pictures in albums...they have been sitting around forever. I am not sure what happened or when it happened but I used to be so organized. When I had pictures developed I immediately put them in the album when I got them...I have months of pictures sitting here in a box waiting to be put away. But that is on my list of things to do this upcoming week. I won't have the rugrat all week (her grandma is taking both kids for 3 days and her mom for 2) so I plan to get back on track with my exercising and my eating...I am definitely out of control with both! Plus work on the scrapbook and my pictures. But today just a load or two of laundry and that is about it.

Hoping everyone is having a wonderful weekend! Lots of hugs :hug: :hug:

FrouFrou
03-14-2009, 03:57 PM
Hiya Sue...I am feeling like a slug too! Glad to hear the news about your mom, and glad she is feeling good!

Mom2Gaby
03-14-2009, 04:32 PM
Happy Saturday, how is everyone?

Rach came over on the bus last night, so I will be busy w/ her this weekend. It is nice to have her FINALLY visit :carrot:

Cristina - Swpping Lives? I might have read that one before, kind of read all the authors books if I like the writing, I will go see. I need a silly book after The Switch, kind of disturbed me. I don't really like reading about children being taken advantage of like Mary or Oleta, whatever her name was.....just ....bleh.

We might go see a movie or we were thinking of renting Rachel getting married.....not sure.

I am doing ok, ate too much last night.....but back on track today.

*sigh.........anyway, not too talkive. Hope you all are having a good Saturday!

Going to find me a book to read.

oh, some news........Gaby's 2 front teeth fell out! One was Thursday night and the other one came out Friday morning. She is hauling in the $$$,ha.

k- better get back to the girls.

:wave:

suetalks
03-15-2009, 11:12 AM
Cristina- I think Rachael Getting Married is a movie..not sure, but ??

Good morning to all. Hope you are enjoying your Sunday. I have been lazy so far. Reading the paper, drinking coffee. I did have my Cheerios and banana for brunch. I try to combine 2 meals on Sun. but it doesn't always work. I have been doing fairly well with no snacking. Bought some lo-cal snacks, and try to have one early in the evening if we have an early dinner. Still not weighing in though.
Today I am getting back on the trampoline and going to walk outdoors too. My head has been so stopped up that I didn't feel like jumping around...lol.

Have a great day everyone.

suetalks
03-15-2009, 03:40 PM
I walked and rode the bike. My legs are screaming and it was only 1 mile of each. Boy, am I out of shape. Of course, although it was sunny and 59* I had to fight the wind every bit of the way.

jules1216
03-15-2009, 08:57 PM
It was cloudy but I took a really long walk outside today. Mom wasn't up to going to the flower show so I didn't go either. Too much on my mind.. starting to feel a little overwhelmed.

Sue--the lumps are located right beside and back and under her right ear (the saliva gland)and goes about two inches or so down the jawline and then downher neck maybe two inches or so. The radiation is concentrated in that area so they said around week three she will probably have to take something to help her to swallow and she will feel like she has a extremely bad sore throat. That's when the mushy food diet will begin. The good news is that we are already seeing the knot where the saliva gland is shrinking.

Cristina--Mom is just really tired but no really bad pain at this point besides the one bad day last Wednesday. I think Anne Hathway is in Rachel Getting Married. I had to read the post twice myself--I read it the same way the first time. I'd like to see Brides Wars when it comes to DVD with Anne Hathaway and Kate Hudson.

SuzyQ--I think kids are so cute when they lose theri two front teeth..but then it seems like they grow up too fast after that.

Well Dominic has had his bath and I am going to try to get him to wind down and go to bed.

tommysgirl18
03-15-2009, 11:11 PM
we went out last night just the two of us, and our neighbor watched the kids for us! we got home at about 4:30 this morning, and then got up and went to our niece's birthday party at a roller rink!

we all had a blast at the party and the kids even skated! Brandon didn't want to take his skates off before we left!

we got home this morning and went straight to bed....when we got up we noticed that Brandon had some more stickers on his potty chart. And we noticed there was a note written on his chart.....it said "last night Brandon went poop on the potty." I showed it to Tommy this morning when we got up and we asked Brandon about it and he goes "yeah! right there" and pointed to the potty that he used!

he is well on his way to his new Batman bike for his birthday next month!

I did decide on a tat, and it turned out awesome! I gave the guy free rain on whatever colors he wanted to use, all I asked was that one heart was to be blue and one red. it turned out awesome! and I am already looking for ideas of what I want to get next!!!

jules1216
03-16-2009, 03:08 PM
Hi Mindee!!! Yay to Brandon!! Are you going to post pics of your tattoo??

Break time at work...busy here...gotta go!!

tommysgirl18
03-16-2009, 11:33 PM
Jules~ I will go and change my avatar right now......there are clearer shots of it on myspace and facebook.

Shopaholic1204
03-17-2009, 08:02 AM
Sorry I've been M.I.A again, lol. Whenever I try to get on, my entire comp freezes!!! I dunno why I just didnt used FireFox to get on, lol. Which is what I had to do today. Anyhoo..lol

Nothing much is new with me really. OH NO!! I lie..lol. Something is new. I dyed my hair black again. Except, I bought the wrong kind. I thought I was getting jet black..but instead I got blue black. And you know what? I actually like this one better. It's sooooooooo pretty!!!! It matches my nail polish too..LOL!!! But I had to change it to hot pink, cuz I dont wanna see all gothy or emoish, lol.

Sorry..I walked away from the comp to sing into my vacuum cleaner. I was singing..."Run to You" by Whitney Houston!! LMAO!! The vacuum cleaner handle was my mic..lol!!

Something else that is new with me. I've become an insominac again!! I freaking hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ugh!!! Last night, I did manage to go to bed at 11..but I woke up at 2am and I've been up ever since. But I have like all this energy!! It's nuts. I've been cleaning and dancing around since like 6. (Hence the singing, lol) I sorta know whats going on with me. But I refuse to admit to it right now, because I'm having a lot of fun dancing. I forgot how much I love to just dance around and be silly. I used to dance around like this when I was younger. Only instead of an iPod, I used my cd walman..lol!! Does anyone remember those?? Hahaha!!! It's totally old school.

OHHHHHH, Fonzo & I have decided to go to Az in Aug!!! I'm soooooooooooo excited!!!! I'm planning a girls night with all my friends there!!! I cannot wait!!!! We're gonna have dinner, drink and sing karaoke. I havent had a girls night in FoReVeR!!! It's gonna be a mini high school reunion with my girlies, lol. Plus, I invited my (nice) SIL, just so I dont seem like a total biatch to Fonzo's fam. The only thing..I dunno if I wanna tell my family that I'm gonna be there. I dont really wanna see them and get all caught up with the drama again. I really dont need that. I was just thinking of just stopping by my grandparents house and have visit with them. Or take them out to dinner or something. I know my grandma is gonna be mad that I got another tattoo..lol. She totally didnt like the ones on my wrists, lol.

Anyways...I'm like totally rambling. But I really don't wanna go back and finish the effin dishes. I know I have to, but ugh..I dont wanna!!! :tantrum:

On a side note: My appt at the fertility clinic is tomorrow. I'm sooooo nervous (you can read about it on my myspace blog).

OKay...gonna go back to doing the dishes..

Shopaholic1204
03-17-2009, 08:02 AM
Oh ya..Mindee..the tattoo looks awesome!!! Where is it at??

suetalks
03-17-2009, 12:38 PM
Hi. Still not feeling too well this morning. I am hoping to get in a walk and/or bike ride, but my head is throbbing. Spring cold or allergies, I am not sure. Some of our neighbors are burning old leaves, twigs and tree stumps, so the smoke might be the culprit.

Francie- I will go read more on your myspace...but good luck with the Dr. appt. Maybe that stress is making you not sleep.

Mindee- Neat tattoo. I wondered if you would do it. :)

Jules- Hope things are well over your way.

Hi to everyone and I will be back in a bit...life always interrupts my computering. haha

tommysgirl18
03-17-2009, 01:03 PM
HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!!

Thanks for the nice comments on my new tattoo. I got it on my right leg, almost at my knee. It is above my Pooh bear tattoo. Tommy got an Old English D on his right forearm.

Francie~ What is your new tattoo of? I am so ready for another one.....and we are even talking about having a tattoo party here at our place! Good luck at your appointment!

Sue~ thanks for the nice words. this was my fourth one, and I was so relaxed that I fell asleep while I was getting it done.

FrouFrou
03-18-2009, 10:08 AM
Just dropping by to say HI :wave:

suetalks
03-18-2009, 10:45 AM
Another day...another headache. Thought I would pop in just to say "hi." Looks like most everyone is busy.

I washed windows yesterday and did some random housework. Those things you don't do every day...like clean the dining room chairs and barstools. With just 3 adults here they don't get bad, but need a good wipe down sometimes. I also cleaned all the tiles floors. You would think that would make me sleep like a baby, but noooo, I tossed and turned until 5:30 a.m. then did sleep until 8 or so. Short night.

That being said...I don't plan to do much today. DH wanted to go out to eat and I even said I didn't feel like doing that. So, my plans are to hit the recliner with my "blankie" here in a minute and take a nap. :)

I promise I will talk to you all later...if you come to play.

RosieKate
03-18-2009, 11:20 AM
Sorry to be MIA, but not much happening. Still exercising every day, still keeping the carbs within reason, still not losing weight - harrumph. I'll just keep plugging away. I'm getting ready to go for a walk, but I'm going to have a cup of tea and watch RuPaul's Drag Race first. What a life :)

suetalks
03-18-2009, 01:02 PM
Scratch the nap..I spent 30 minutes in the yard picking up sticks, and cutting out old "stuff." I think that counts as exercise. haha.. I am hoping to feel like taking a walk later. Allergy meds. are working for now!

tommysgirl18
03-18-2009, 01:19 PM
doing my daily pop in......

I posted some new pics from yesterday when I had the kids outside....they are on facebook and myspace....so feel free to check them out!

I have to run and switch the loads of laundry into the dryer, and then come back and get myself something to eat for lunch!

Shopaholic1204
03-18-2009, 01:30 PM
I just got back from my appt w/the fertility doc. Lets just say that I have to have a lot of tests done!!! LoL!!! Like..getting a blood test done on the 3rd day of my period. Then doing the HSG test in the 21st day of my cycle. Then I have to be tested for..HIV, Hepatitis B & C, Syphilis, and Cystic Fibrosis. And if I do have PCOS, they can put me on Clomid to jump start my ovulation, and it will help with getting pregnant. And if that doesnt work...then I can take metfiorm & clomid together. But if its a spermie problem..then we'll have to do IVF. Which can get expensive. But he said that since I'm so young, I have a better chance of getting pregnant with IVF. For my age group its like a 50% chance. I think he said the same w/clomid. Which btw..some of my friends have taken it..and they've all had babies. Ohh..and I have to do all those tests right? Well..Fonzo just has to do one test. And you can pretty much just guess what that test is. Lucky jerk..LOL!!!

Anyways..I'm expecting to start next week. However..they have to submit paperwork to our insurance..and this is the first time they're dealing with Tricare..and we're like the first couple w/tricare..so its a learning experience for us all..lol. But ya..the paperwork should be back in like 2 weeks. So I dont have to do my testing until April.

OHH..and get this..the financial lady's name is Darlene (like my mom...she also likes cats) and my nurses name is Janice. Which was the name of my mom's best friend..who gave my mom & I 2 cats, lol. Pretty weird huh?? Fonzo says its a good sign.

OKay...I'm gonna go take a nap now. I feel that a lot of the stress has left my body and I can finally relax, lol.

tommysgirl18
03-18-2009, 01:55 PM
stopping back in.....

Francie~ That is great news to hear!!!!! Good luck and this will be your year!!

jules1216
03-18-2009, 07:58 PM
Quickee for me--off to shake my booty....

tommysgirl18
03-18-2009, 11:32 PM
I forgot to add earlier that I stepped on the scale this morning and I am down 2.6 pounds from last week!!!!

I guess those daily walks with the kids have been working! I noticed that I had lost some weight when I put on my jeans, and they are getting looser on me already! and then I put on my pajamas, that I just got, and they are already feeling loose on me. (mind you there is a ribbon to tie on the pants, and I felt like they were going to fall down on me!)

Sassy_Chick
03-19-2009, 12:07 AM
Hola.

I'm still here. Barely. :yawn: lol. TG its MY Friday! :woohoo: Its been bea-utiful :sunny: here, only when I am at work or sleeping. Then when I am off it gets colder. GRRRR. Guess that is how it goes though, right?

Unpacking is going well, slow. But I guess it will get done eventually.......DH's Aunt is in the hospital in intesive care and is not doing well. So we are just praying that she pulls through. Her vains keep collasping and they can't get a needle in so they are putting in a SWAN.........:(

Francie -- That is great and I wish you luck! My appt with my RE was supposed to be next Thursday, but they called and cancelled, so I have to reschedule. I hope it doesn't take long to get in. I have had all those tests done and the HSG totally sucks!! But its one that you have to have. I have taken the Clomid and the Met and it did not work for me. So I am beyond that. Yeah it totally stinks that our guys only have to do one test and we have several to go through. I wish you luck and I hope that the Clomid works for you!!! I think it is a good sign that the financial lady's name is your mom's name and the nurses was her best friends. Definitely a good sign! So I will keep thinking lots of +++++++++ for you!!!! Me and you will have our babies :bb: real soon, I can feel it!!! :D If you ever wanna chat or just someone to listen, IM or email me!;) BIG :hug:

Sue -- We have an ant problem at our house so its a constant battle :drill: to keep things tidy. We have bought some ant traps and sprayed inside and outside the house. I hope it works. :crossed: Our Unpacking seems to be non-ending. I want to try to get as much done this weekend as I can. I hope you can get some Zzzz's soon!!!

Mindee -- I love the Tatoo GF! Very nice!

Hey Jules! Shake it baby, shake it!!!! :belly: :lol:

Hi to everybody else out there!!! I hope your all well!!! :wave:

tommysgirl18
03-19-2009, 01:31 AM
hola sassy! thanks for the nice comments on my new tattoo! I hope that your DH's aunt gets better soon.

Shopaholic1204
03-19-2009, 06:37 AM
Sassy~Sorry to hear about your DH's aunt. I hope she gets better too. What is SWAN?? That sucks that they cancelled and you have to reschedule!! I've had to reschedule my appt a couple of times. It was finally a relief to just go in and sit with the doc. With the HSG, they told me to take some motrin before having it done. I was all thinking, "motrin doesnt do crap for me" LoL!! I wish they would just put me under. I had feeling pain. That sucks that Clomid & Met didnt work for you. Theres always IVF. Clomid alone didnt work for my friend..but when she took them together, she finally got pregnant. She miscarried though..and then went off them for awhile. And then got pregnant on her own, lol. YES!! We will have babies soon!!!!!!!!!!! I can feel it too!!!!!!

luckycharm
03-19-2009, 11:10 AM
Happy Thursday Everyone

Have been having computer issues...so I hope that this works.

Not much going on here. Trying to get everything done before we go on vacation next weekend.

Francie good luck with all your tests.

Sassy - Hugs to your DH aunt. Hope all goes well.

Sue - Could you come to my house and crack the whip for me to get this all done please?

Jules - Haven't done Jillians workout yet, but DD did it and she says its intense. Her legs were sore for 2 days. She liked it.

Mindee-I like the tattoo. What is a tattoo party? Congrats on the loss.

Katy- WTG on the exercise and the carbs. When the scale finally moves for you, and it will, you will see a good loss.

Cristina and Susan how is everything going in your little corners?

Tammy, Robin, Asia, Michelle hello to you all. Hope life is good for you.

It is report card day today. Can't wait to see what Cole's says. He was sent to the principles office on Friday....First real nice day that we have had for months....snow was perfect for making snowmen, and of course throwing snowballs....yes throwing snowballs is a big no no and you do get sent to see the principle and get into trouble for throwing snowballs.

Chat with you all later.

tommysgirl18
03-19-2009, 01:31 PM
hello ladies!!!

nothing really new here......just doing our laundry, towels, some blankets, and the boys clothes from yesterday (typical boys just HAD to find all the puddles and proceed to jump in them!). I got those all in the washers now, and I got a shower in before I got all that started.

now I am just checking my email and then I will be uploading some songs onto my MP3 player! I love mine, and it comes in real handy when I have to do laundry.....I take it over there with me to pass the time while I am folding it all!

Kathy~ A tattoo party is basically the same as a tupperware party, but you get tattoos instead of burping tupperware.

Shopaholic1204
03-19-2009, 07:29 PM
Mindee~is a tattoo party safe?

suetalks
03-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Happy Spring ladies. Yes, it is finally here.

Don't know about you, but it turned colder here again today. It is supposed to warm up and start the Spring rains on Sunday.

Hope everyone is enjoying the day. I have much to do, so will be back later.

Where are you all??

jules1216
03-20-2009, 11:38 AM
Mindee--Teri wants another tattoo--she's obsessed..

Kathy--thanks for the sweet card--our families really are twins--scary huh...l didn't do any of the ybb dvd's last night--on Wed. I gave blood yesterday so I didn't do anything last night.

Francie--I am really hoping this works fast for you and by next year at this time you have your own sweet little baby to love...The trip out to AZ sounds fun. Hubby would like to go. His cousins live out there. One is a firefighter out of I believe Flagstaff.

Sassy--I have been shaking it and everything is still jiggly, but I love the workouts and the instructors so I am keeping it up. Yuck about the ants--put some dishsoap on your finger and run it along the window and door sills especially in the kitchen. Sorry to hear about your aunt.

Sue-Yard work counts as exercise to me--Dominic loves it outside which makes it easier to do yard work. He "helps" pick up sticks.

Katy--my coworker and her husband have been going to the gym faithfully 4-5 days a week-an hour to two each time and sweating alot, but neither have lost pounds though I can see a difference in the way they both look.

Cristina & SuzyQ--miss you both...

Mom is starting to get a really dry mouth and a sore--the doctor--who we love as been so great. He met her when she was doing radiation this morning and talked to her and gave her a perscription to help with the dry mouth.
I gave blood at a blood drive at work yesterday and hubby gave blood too, but not at the drive--he cut himself on a machine and had to go get 10 stitches.

Well off to the post office, bank, library, get my eyebrows waxed and the grocery store..pretty much in that order....

jules1216
03-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Happy spring to you too SUe...it's barely 40 degrees, but at least the sun is shining!!

FrouFrou
03-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Hello...

JULES...lots of hugs to your momma. :hug: :hug: And sorry to hear about Jerry, hope he's doing okay today. You reminded me that I need to give blood...me and the hubby keep meaning to but just haven't done it yet, sad.

KATHY...sounds like you have been busy, busy, busy! Don't say that four letter word! We don't want no stinkin' snow around here. Weather is weird enough to say the least...70's and 80 a couple of days and then drops to the 50's & 60's...with the wind it makes it chilly, very chilly.

FRANCIE...sending lots of good vibes and baby wishes for you and Fonzo! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes And yeah, it sux we have to do all the testing and they only have one thing to do, lol...been there, done that. And clomid din't work for me either...but I am as old as dirt so...you've got your age on your side. Hope you had fun at the Twilght thingy.

Well, nothing going on with me as usual...same old stuff. It's been nice getting to walk outdoors. The hubby has been home for two days and we are readying for another open house...with the yard anyway. There's a couple of things we will do inside, when we get to it. Will probably end up staying here longer than we want-oh well, that's life...we don't always get what we want do we? Of course deep down I would be just fine with not moving, lol...just not ready to but I know we need to so. Anyway...hello to everyone else :wave: Have a great weekend!

tommysgirl18
03-20-2009, 02:50 PM
well, I am slowly getting myself together.....although I am still in my pajamas. sucks that I was up half the night in the bathroom.....and then Brandon threw up twice. I got him taken care of and I was about to take another dose of Pepto Bismal before going back to bed, and it was then my turn to throw up. Brandon is doing better, but I kept him home from school since God only knows what time he was up until! I went back to bed at about 3:30 this morning, and I think him and Logan were asleep. Tommy got up for work and Princess Marissa was up bright and early for daddy.

Tommy had wanted to go out to eat tonight just the two of us, but with me not feeling well I asked him if I could get a rain check on it. He was disappointed, but he understood. I asked him to bring me home some gatorade when he leaves work. He has to work tomorrow, so I am hoping that I am feeling better tomorrow! When I first got up at 11 this morning, (good thing I called in for Brandon!) putting my socks on were a chore in itself. I am moving a little quicker, BUT I am still not 100% yet.

Francie~ I have been to two tattoo parties, and both of the ones that I have been to have been safe. There are some sketchy tattoo artists out there.....but both of the ones that have done my work at the tattoo parties were very clean and washed down every surface even if it hadn't been touched! He pulled out all the supplies right in front of you and so that you could see that he wasn't reusing them.

Sue~ It is a little bit colder around here.....but it isn't winter freeze cold, so that is good!

Jules~ Tattoos are very addictive!! I have four and I am already thinking of what I want to get done next!!! lots of :hug: to your mom! I have only given blood once, and that was my senior year in high school. I have been wanting to give blood ever since then, but they won't let you give blood if you have given birth or gotten a tattoo in the previous year. So, I have been out of the running for the past almost 6 years.

Cristina~ We are the same way! we so need to move, but for one we don't have the money and two, I don't want to move Brandon during the school year. And now, it is looking more and more like he will be going to kindergarten next year. (we will know for sure at his IEP on April 3rd)

RosieKate
03-20-2009, 03:14 PM
Hi all!
Home again with a sickie..this time she has Fifth's disease, which isn't too bad for her, but is contagious. It can cause problems with unborn babies, so I've kept her at home for two days to avoid infecting anyone who may go home and cause problems for their pregnant mommy. I told her that Spring Break is starting early :)

Jules - :hug:to your mom. I've been exercising everyday and even though the scale isn't budging I am getting smaller and more toned. Also, my back pain is much reduced. I wish it didn't take everyday to help the back pain, but that seems to be what it takes. I may be continuing this practice beyond Lent.

Mindee - hope you feel better soon..what a rotten night. are you getting some rest today?

Francie - GL with all your tests. i remember the HSG, and not fondly. But I just had a endometrial biopsy that was worse..guess I'm just a glutton for punishment. I wish the best for you both!

Cristina - GL with your open house. Now that the weather is getting better, maybe you will see more visitors. It's still pretty wet and gray here this week. My daffodils are all bloomed and I would love to get out in the yard, but it's still too wet and cold.

Sue - hope you got everything done...and that you are having a nice day.

Kathy - thanks, I hope that the scales move at some point, too. I'll just keep plugging away. Today is report card day for DD, but I don't think there will be too many surprises. I talk to her teacher pretty frequently. Hope Cole gets a good one :)

Sassy - we are dealing with ants, too. I keep telling everyone to clean up after themselves in the kitchen, but I'm the only one who appears to be doing it. Haven't resorted to sprays yet...don't want to breathe in the chemicals. We may get some traps.

Hi to everyone else! I made it to step aerobics this morning - yay!. I finished my scholarship app, and played a few games with the kiddo. I hope to settle in for some knitting this afternoon - I'm almost done with a sweater.

Have a great day, chickies!

suetalks
03-20-2009, 03:32 PM
Quickie...I hear ants won't cross a chalk line. So if you know where they are entering you can use some chalk to stop them.

jules1216
03-21-2009, 10:52 AM
Sue--I heard the dish soap thing works on ants too...might have to apply it more than once.

Katy--I have noticed my knee is doing beter since I started exercising more. I guess we will have to just keep at it...

Mindee--the Red Cross comes to where I work four times a year and I try to give every time but sometimes I get turned away for low iron--in December it was because I was sick.

Cristina--hubby is acting like he doesn't have stitches....

Hi to everyone else!!

Lazy day with Dominic today....

RosieKate
03-21-2009, 01:27 PM
just got back from the gym and fixed myself some brunch....a nice way of saying a BIG breakfast, lol!

Thanks for the tips about the ants....did not know that about chalk. We have been soaping things down, as DH read that it destroys the scent that attracts them. I need to do this more thoroughly, I think.

DD has had Fifth's disease since Thursday - what a drag. She's acting fine, no fever, but I kept her out of school because there are some preggo mums and if they are exposed to the virus it could cause problems with the babies. So, now it's officially the first day of Spring Break and we are already stir crazy - ha. I did get my scholarship application done and submitted and finished a sweater I was working on.

For the rest of the day our big plans are to go to the library and then play the rest by ear...hope everybody is having a great Saturday :)

tommysgirl18
03-21-2009, 03:12 PM
just a quick one from me....we are looking online for a new bike for Brandon. he wants a batman one, so we are going to go out and about and look for one for him.

I stepped on the scale this morning, and I was 221.8 so that is what sickness will do to you!

our neighbor told Tommy that if she knew that I was sick, she would have come over and watched the kids and would have let me sleep all day. then she would have made us dinner......oh well!

suetalks
03-21-2009, 04:20 PM
Hope the ant problems are gone by now. I also heard vinegar detracts them, but can you live with the smell? :)

Mindee, glad you are feeling better. Not a fun way to lose, but it works. lol.

I am supposed to be getting ready to go away in the a.m. for an overnight trip. Have to remember where I put my small bag. Took mom for a haircut this morning and then we went to the grocery store(s). I have gone on record that there will be no grocery shopping next week unless we need milk or eggs. PERIOD. I have brought more food into this house in the last two weeks than we can eat in a looong time. There have just been so many good sales and we do have an extra freezer. Might as well fill it up. Not to mention the extra fridge..with a top freezer, so technically 2 extra freezers. But, unless there is a great meat sale I plan to eat out of the larder for several weeks. haha...

Have any of you tried the Kymaro body shapers..or know anyone who has? A friend asked me about them, but I didn't know what they were until I looked online. They also have body shaper jeans?? Just curious.

Hope you are all ebjoying the week-end. I probably won't be back on until Mon. night or Tues. morning. Going down South.

Sassy_Chick
03-21-2009, 09:37 PM
Hola.

Francie -- I remember taking Advil and it helped, but it still hurt. But its something we have to go through. I just hope that I don't have to go through it all again because its been so long since I've had it. Last time I was at my RE he was getting ready to the Fertility Shots and then my husband lost his insurance at that time. So hopefully that is where I'll begin......We'll see! Yes I know we'll be pregnant and our babies will be oh so loved.

Katy -- We used spray inside and out and you can't smell it. I think its working as I'm not seeing as many ants. WE also are using traps which seem to be working.

Thanks all for the wishes for my DH's Aunt. Just recieved a call from my MIL. Guess his Aunt his not doing well and most likely is going to die. She doesn't want them to do anything to help her. :( Which is her choice, but sad. FIL is on his way down now to help tell DH's Uncle about it. They have been keeping it from him because he has heart problems and they are worried about telling him so they are waiting until FIL gets there.

Well that is about all from my end.

tommysgirl18
03-22-2009, 04:43 PM
nothing really new on this end.......

we have been hanging around the house today. last night we went and got the boys new bikes. Brandon got his for his reward for going potty on the potty, and Logan got one for his behavior. Marissa got a couple of things as well.....we were trying the boys on their bikes, and she reached over and grabbed herself a hot wheel. then she got a monster truck and then she also got a Easter tube with a couple of little people in them.

today we hung around the house.....Tommy worked on our neighbors car....then he just left to go take a lady the table that we are getting rid of. we also have our neighbors dad's clothes for Tommy to go through. she said that whatever Tommy doesn't want to either get rid of them through selling them, giving them away, or something, she just doesn't want them in her house anymore. there is a lady that is coming to pick up the kids' old bike, so that will be another thing gone. then, tomorrow I am going to clean the porch off.

Shopaholic1204
03-23-2009, 06:45 AM
Sassy~I really dont wanna go through this. I mean..everything else I can deal with..cuz its all bloodwork (except the one during my TOM. I mean, I'm already weak and tired as it is. Why not take out more blood to make me even more tired and weak, thanks!! LoL). Plus..its supposed to be painful. Ugh..I dont do pain. Give me an epidural!!!!!! I dont wanna feel nothing!!! LOL!!! At least if I go through IVF, they'll put me under to take my eggs out, ya know?? This baby better be worth it. Cuz if it comes out like Rosemary's baby, I'm going to be very upset. LMAO!!! J/k!!

FrouFrou
03-23-2009, 10:29 AM
Hello all...

Started my day off early with a workout and feeling good about that. Plan on doing lots of 12 minute walks on the treadmill thru-out the day. Just in a modd where I don't want to spend a significant amount of time on that thing. And it's easier getting in a bunch of smaller walks anyway so...aiming for 4 or 5 but we'll see...other than that not much going on. Supposed to get some bad storms later today.

Hope everyone enjoyed the weekend and has a good Monday.

luckycharm
03-23-2009, 10:43 AM
Goodmorning Everyone

Babysitting a sick punkin this morning. Good thing she loves to be cuddled and read to. DD had to go and get her braces tightened. I was suppose to drive her, but we of course had a nice ice storm and I won't drive in that. Did I ever mention how much I love the month of March? Well, I better go and wash down a crib, and I will try and be back a little later.

tommysgirl18
03-23-2009, 12:58 PM
nothing new on this end.......

Brandon is at school, I am eating some left overs from last night, and catching up on here.....then I will be off to the living room to play around on my Wii Fit! I am dreading it a little bit because it told Tommy that he was obese when he tried it out a couple weeks ago!

I will have to come back later on sometime.......

I talked to the office manager and she said that the maintenance guy said that he can't take a bifold door out of a one bedroom and put it into a two bedroom.....so we will be waiting longer for the closet door for the boys room. she told me that she wishes he would have told her that last Friday! I am so close to just going over to the office and telling her that I will put the dang thing in myself for all the hoops we keep having to go through.....

Shopaholic1204
03-23-2009, 01:08 PM
Mindee~Is the Wii Fit worth it?? I'm torn on if I want it or not..

luckycharm
03-23-2009, 01:44 PM
Francie - The wii fit is definately worth it IMHO. You and Fonzo will have a great time playing it together, and you get the added benifit of getting fit. My mom is 60 and she has one also and loves it. The kids have fun playing on it with her.

Shopaholic1204
03-23-2009, 03:33 PM
See...I'm just wondering if its more of a game, then actually working out..

luckycharm
03-23-2009, 04:13 PM
Francie - It is both. I am going to get my DD (who has hogged it the most to let you know what kind of games are on it....

Most of it is exercise. First you can find some strength training exercises. They display your trainer (girl or guy) and you follow what they are doing. Some include lunges, jack knife, push ups, torso twist, and side planks. Then you can find yoga where your trainer will demonstrate how to do each move there are various poses including, dog, tree, dancer and salute to the sun. Then you can find aerobics. There is the hoola hoop where you move as though you were using a hoop. Then there is steping, you step on and off the balance board while keeping to a rhythm. It almost seems like a game but really you are exercising. Then there is rhythm boxing and you follow the trainers commands and footwork while you punch the air as hard as you can. (You can feel it in your arms for a few days if you hit hard enough!) Then there is free jog. You jog on the spot for 2 mins and can move up the time as you move on. There are a few balance games designed to show you how proper posture and practise can control your body the way you would like it to. These are more like games if you ask me, but the rest can make a great work out! It also keeps track of your progress from each day you use it, including your weight and "WII fit Age". It also will show you how much time you spent each day and you can choose a goal to work towards and there is a daily body test for you to try to see if you have improved.

Above is from DD....I like the ski jump game, I guess that is balance? I really like the hula game it is funny. Don't know if this helps you.

Katy...what can you add to this?

tommysgirl18
03-23-2009, 06:06 PM
well, I braved it and got onto the Wii Fit!

my goodness was that a work out in itself! it is a lot of fun, and you don't honestly realize that you are exercising because you are having that much fun! I tried it out for starters and it told me that I was 43, then I tried it again and it told me that I was 37. It of course told me that I was obese, which I figured it would. Within the time span of a little bit it said that I lost 0.7 ounces of a pound. I did it for a total of an hour, and it went by so quickly that I hadn't even realized how long it had been!

it was well worth it if you ask me!

RosieKate
03-23-2009, 07:02 PM
howdy, gals! gotta make this quick as the boy wants the computer back - oh the joy of Spring Break!

Kathy, your Wii fit description is really good, so I don't have a whole lot to add. I thought the aerobic part was ok, the not as vigorous as I need it to be. it's great if someone is starting out, IMO. The yoga and strength don't seem like much at first, but our thighs were screaming at us after a few days of doing it. Also, they add on reps and new exercises after awhile, so you have to take it up a notch, whether you want to or not, lol! I work out at the gym most of the time, but if I can't get out of the house, the Wii fit is great!

Francie, there are games as well, so I think you could look at it as a game if you wanted to , but the potential is there to make it a real workout. Just depends on what you choose to do.

Well, we are going to a Blazer game tonight! hope everyone is having a great day ---see you tomorrow!

jules1216
03-23-2009, 07:42 PM
real quickee for me....planted flowers seeds tonight...impatients and lupines, bought some pansies that were already started and put them in my hanging pots that I saved from last years. I started veggies earlier..I have cayenne peppers, cherry tomato, sandwich tomato, sugar snap peas, cilantro and basil started already.

going to do YBB after hubby finishes with the news....

Sassy_Chick
03-23-2009, 09:01 PM
Sassy~I really dont wanna go through this. I mean..everything else I can deal with..cuz its all bloodwork (except the one during my TOM. I mean, I'm already weak and tired as it is. Why not take out more blood to make me even more tired and weak, thanks!! LoL). Plus..its supposed to be painful. Ugh..I dont do pain. Give me an epidural!!!!!! I dont wanna feel nothing!!! LOL!!! At least if I go through IVF, they'll put me under to take my eggs out, ya know?? This baby better be worth it. Cuz if it comes out like Rosemary's baby, I'm going to be very upset. LMAO!!! J/k!!

Francie -- I know what you mean. Definitely a lot of pain to go through, but in the end, when we are holding our precious bundles of joy, it will all worth it.

tommysgirl18
03-23-2009, 11:31 PM
I was telling Tommy, actually I neighbor was telling Tommy, about me doing the hula hoop game on the Wii fit when our friend that works here drove past. He then said "where did you find that? I looked all over the place and couldn't find it!" So, I showed him where I found it and then gave him a preview of how it is supposed to look and all. Needless to say, I was trying not to laugh while doing it because I had Marissa and Brandon at my feet........but I did end up opening up the Super Hula Hoop game! which I am not sure if I should be scared or excited about!

Shopaholic1204
03-24-2009, 10:45 AM
Has anyone lost any weight w/the Wii Fit yet??? I will get it if its worth it. Fonzo's been bugging me to get it..but I've been so unsure. I think he just wants it just cuz he needs every game thing out there. Like the guitar hero. He just HAD to have it..and he doesnt even play it anymore, lol.

jules1216
03-24-2009, 11:16 AM
Hubby's hand was hurting and my allergies are killing me, so we are playing hooky today...doing some things we can't do when Dominic is here...

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

tommysgirl18
03-24-2009, 01:01 PM
just getting something to eat here, do a couple things online and then I am going to hop on the Wii Fit!

Francie~ It told me that I lost 0.7 ounces yesterday, so I guess that is a start! They say that the more you do it, the more you will likely lose. It helps you to set up a goal when you get on it. I have a goal of losing 22 pounds (the most it will let you lose) in 6 months.....which equals out to 1.7 pounds a week. then it will let you change it every two weeks if you are progressing faster or slower than you thought.

Jules~ I hope you guys feel better soon!

suetalks
03-24-2009, 04:47 PM
Hello...we had a nice time on our overnight get-away. We just went down by Louisville to a casino/hotel. Mom had a nice time and didn't seem to get too tired out.

Today I am doing my usual Monday chores and will feel a day behind all week I am sure. ha..Nothing exciting or crazy going on at all.

I did get out in the yard again and clip off the old growth on some plants. I now have all of my day lilies above ground. If we would ever get the rain they have been forecasting all day it would be helpful.

Hope everyone is doing okay...seems like some ladies are MIA. Come on out and play!

Back later to do some indies.

tommysgirl18
03-24-2009, 10:01 PM
well, if this year wasn't flying by fast enough yet.......I got a note in Brandon's back pack the other day about their end of the school picnic AND their field trip to the zoo! I can't believe that the end of the school year is almost over!

the kids are as fiesty as ever.......Marissa now has the nickname Logan Jr because she shadows him and does every thing, and I mean EVERY THING he does! which is why I am really hoping that he gets into a preschool program this fall!

One of the kids' god mothers sent me an email earlier today wishing Brandon and Marissa a happy birthday. I sent her an email back and told her that she could tell them herself NEXT month on their birthdays. she then sent me another email back and asked me if I was serious....I said "I think I know when their birthdays are, and let me remind you that they are next month."

luckycharm
03-25-2009, 10:34 AM
:carrot::bday2you::bday2::celebrate::hb::woo::gift ::balloons::belly:

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear SusieQ....Happy Birthdayto you.

I hope that you have a great day. :hug:

Be back after I get the kids out the door.

suetalks
03-25-2009, 12:08 PM
Checking in to wish our own Ms. Susan a very happy birthday. Hope it is great!!

On a fast track...back later

FrouFrou
03-25-2009, 12:12 PM
Just dropping by to say HI and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Susan. :hb: :balloons:

tommysgirl18
03-25-2009, 12:50 PM
laundry day here.....so I am off to take care of that.......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUZIE Q!!!!

Mom2Gaby
03-25-2009, 04:04 PM
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk276/CenturyChilde/PamperedPussyfoot2.jpg

Thank you ladies for the birthday wishes, I appreciate it!

My daughters are not sold on the fact that it is MY day and I get to do what I want. Gaby is after a toy and Rach is after a shopping trip to the mall.
I wanted to get my contacts at Lenscrafters but they don't take my insurance , so back to plan B. I guess I will find a place where I live on the coast.
Heading back home tonight and leaving Gabster behind for the rest of the week to spend it w/ her sisters because I don't have child care for her @ home.
I took yesterday off and I had today off already.....so, blah,blah.

Just chilling on the whole weight thing, feeling burnt out on the discussion. I feel too obsessed living by the scale so trying to balance my life out.I am hoovering between 144 and 146.........not that I weigh.... lol.....

anyway - thanks again for the wishes!! :D

jules1216
03-25-2009, 06:17 PM
Happy bday SuzyQ!!

RosieKate
03-25-2009, 09:22 PM
Happy Birthday, Susan!

Hope everybody had a great day! I'm off to knit night!

tommysgirl18
03-26-2009, 12:20 AM
got the kids laundry done, folded and put away.....next task will be doing our laundry on Thursday (well, today now)

I got on the Wii Fit, but not until about 10:30 so that screwed every thing up.......it says that you should do it at the same time every day, so I will have to get into the habit of doing that every day......

luckycharm
03-26-2009, 03:57 PM
Hi everyone.

Little quiet around here. Just popping in to give everyone a :grouphug:

Chat with you all later

Oh I just have to add that I think I mentioned that Cole has been bullied by a certain child at school...while yesterday Cole reached the end of his rope and when this certain child punched him in the nose, Cole retailated and punched him back. Now we will see if something is finally done about the situation. (I did call the school board and they did say they are working on the problem that they know exists.)

Anyway now I really must run

FrouFrou
03-26-2009, 05:53 PM
Hello ladies...

I am back!

KATHY...sorry about the bully, that is terrible. I don't know why people won't listen, but good for COLE!!! There's only so much a person will take and watch out when they've had enough!

MINDEE...wanna come do my laundry? I have some waiting to be folded and then need to get some washed...will have to wait though...busy day today and now I am pooped so...the wii sounds like loads of fun.

SUSAN...I do hope this doesn't mean that you will be leaving us missy. Miss you when you are not here, and I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

SUE...hope you enjoyed your little trip.

KATY...kids around here had spring break last week. For some reason I always think everyone's is the same, lol. :dizzy:

SASSY...are you guys all settled in you new home? And did you get rid of those pesky little ants?

FRANCIE...how are you doing missy? You girls are gonna have loads of fun! When is your trip, can't remember?

JULES...how is your momma doing? Lots of hugs to you both :hug: :hug:

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Okay, ladies...hoping everyone is enjoying their day, what's left of it. I am going to go play a couple of games on GSN before getting dinner started. Chat tomorrow :wave:

tommysgirl18
03-26-2009, 06:54 PM
just popping on here quickly to see how every one is doing.....dinner is about done and then it will be bedtime for the kiddos!

I jumped on the Wii Fit again today, and actually made it on there for 30 minutes.....31 to be exact........but I got through my yoga and strength training which I am now feeling the burn that I always was told about. I am walking kind of funny, but I will get by somehow!

oh yeah, I also did some aerobics on there as well.......

our laundry is done and folded, now I just have to put it away.....which I will do when we put the kids to bed.

jules1216
03-27-2009, 08:36 AM
Quickee for me again...sorry :(

Moving day--the plan has changed 5 million times and the kids are driving me crazy. Teri was suppossed to get a storage unit and just move everything there but she got her hopes up on a place they "might" be able to move into this weekend. I told her people will be there today and it's not raining like it's suppossed to all Saturday & Sunday. she's driving me CRAZY!!

Mom is starting to get the sore throat and nausea but is still not experiencing alot of pain.

FrouFrou
03-27-2009, 10:11 AM
Good morning all...

JULES...sorry the kids are driving you crazy...been there, done that. Hopefully Teri knows something about the place, would be great if they could move into it this weekend, eh? Sorry to hear about your momma too...lots of hugs to her. :hug:

MINDEE...sounds like you are having loads of fun with the Wii!

Nothing really planned today...just keeping an eye on thie weird weather. Supposed to have blizzard like conditions today, sometime. Supposed to get 6-9 inches of snow and then to top it off the wind is supposed to be horrible, and is right now so...looks like Cambrie's game will be called off and a soup, cozing up by the fireplace kind of weekend for me. Which is fine...I plan to get loads of reading done.

Not exercising today...taking it easy for a few more days to see what happens...gotta call the doc this morning and get in there too so...can't say the eating is going good because I've not had breakfast yet...going to have a bowl of oatmeal and 1/2 banana and call it good...not sure what I weigh but this morning the scale said 191 :yikes: I don't think that is accurate as two days ago I was at 186.2 so...still 186 is bad for me. Anyway, I WI tomorrow morning and will go from there. Guess I just needed a binge :nono: But this is the price I paid and honestly, it's stupid. But I am not going to get down on myself...today is a new day and I am moving forward!

Hoping everyone has a great Friday!

Sassy_Chick
03-27-2009, 10:18 AM
Hey all.

I am in SO much pain! But we have made lots of progress on the house! YAY! :cp:

I have also lost another .6 pounds!!! :woohoo:

Wanted to stop in and wish Suzy Q a Belated Bday, I hope it was a good one, hon!

Big Big :hug:

Mom2Gaby
03-27-2009, 01:49 PM
Good Morning -

Kathy - That makes me sick about Cole, I hope the school district does something now!

Katy - I was going to get Knitting for Dummies and actually do something about wanting to learn to knit. I keep talking about it.

Jules- :hug: to your mother. Hope the moving day goes well.......it'll be over soon! Don't go crazy! :)

Sassy - Thank you! My kitty was sneezong the other day and I thought of you and Francie. Was going to ask what would make him sneeze but he seems to have gotton over it now. Thank goodness, I would crumble if anything happened to him. I told that to my mom and she said "Susan, you need to get a hobby........you will not crumble."

WhatEVAH! ----> she is a friggin cat lady that gives birthdays to cats. In the next breath she is going on and on about her 7 cats. haha

Cristina - Be careful in the crazy weather we are having! You're not goint to be anywhere the flooding I am seeing on the news?? I had oatmeal and a banana this morning and have my usual salad made up for lunch.

oops, I better get to work, only have 10 minutes and I am 5 blocks from the hospital!! Yikes. I am reading Flirting with Forty , I like it so far.

k- better dash!

tommysgirl18
03-27-2009, 02:11 PM
just thought I would stop in and see how every one is doing......

nothing really new here......our closet door is fixed and I actually just had to have him come back because one side wasn't tight enough like it should have been. so I had Logan sitting on the couch watching Fireman Sam for right now.....he will be going to bed here in a minute, then I will be hopping on the Wii Fit and then off to the shower before Brandon gets home!

he got his spring pictures taken yesterday, so now we have to wait two weeks until we can view them online and order them!

FrouFrou
03-27-2009, 04:15 PM
Okay ladies...you know the drill...

DO NOT POST here...head on over to BIK #75

See ya there :wave: