Old 03-09-2009, 11:00 PM   #1  

Default tips for my diet?

Hello!

Well, I'm 15 year old male, 5'8", and about 145 lbs. No, i'm not overweight, but summer is coming up, and you know what that means. Since December, I have been lifting weights 5-6 days a week, and since then, i have gained about 7 pounds. I know that some is muscle weight, but still, i know most is not. I always gain weight in the winter for obvious reasons. Also, I haven't been seeing much results in muscle gain so far. Anyways, I am trying to lose 10 pounds in 15 weeks. I am trying to go slow and steady, and don't enjoy running very much, so i'm looking to cut down on calories mostly. (but im playing baseball in spring)

this is my new and improved day plan for eating. the problem is, i don't want my parents to know about this.

any tips on how to do this. i will only be drinking crystal lite and water, will not eat anything but a sandwich for lunch, eat only 100 cal packs as snacks, and cutting down on portions. have SUGAR FREE syrup with my breakfast.

as opposed to

having plenty of snacks after scchool and lunch, eating lots of food during dinner, and using way to much syrup :P

how does that look? any tips, aprox. cal count, facts, etc. are GREATLY appreciated. any info needed, ask me any question.

also, how many cals would a sandwhich with salami, american, and balsamic be about?

btw, i hope guys are allowed in this forum :P
Ineedyohelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 154/148.6/119

Height: 5'6"

That puts you at about 600 calories a day, by my estimations, dude.

Six hundred calories a day MAY get you the six-pack you want, but the rest of you is gonna look like crap. And forget about lifting anything. No juice to move the iron, know what I mean?

Your parents will notice, I'm afraid.

If you want to lose ten pounds in fifteen weeks, eat, and bag the liquid calories. You're talking maybe 3/4 pound a week. That's cake and you won't have a problem. Stick with the Crystal Light and water, bag the sodas and whatever else you drink that has sugar in it, but for the love of God, eat!

If it's chicks you seek, keep pumping that iron. Girls like buff arms, tight buns, and ripped abs.

Get a tan to show it all off.

Trust me... you want to look like a sweet chocolate bar. Not old Halloween candy.

PS - Guys are most definitely allowed.
AnAbsoluteDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:14 PM   #3  

Thanks for the response!

I'm not looking for a 6-pack, more so definition in my arms!

And i don't care if they notice, i just don't want to come out and tell them i am doing this.

and tomorrow morning i will weight myself again. hopefully it won't be as bad as i think. i was shocked when i saw 145. either way, i know to weigh myself after i pee and before i eat, but is there anything else to do/not do before a weigh in?

thanks
Old 03-09-2009, 11:22 PM   #4  

Be a teenager.You are much to young to be doing this.I would certainly encourage you if you had a weight problem, which you dont.Eat healthy and exercise.Very simple.Dont restrict your calories to that extent.It could lead to a life of disordered eating.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:31 PM   #5  

I read your other post about weight gain/weight lifting. A woman can put on five to six pounds a year in muscle mass (I lift so I know) and a man can certainly double that or more.

I don't know that a teenager can do that simply because your testosterone levels aren't levelled off yet (yes.... you're going to stabilize in THAT department).

As for the weigh-in, you don't seem to really care if it's water weight or not. Sounds like you're interested in building muscle mass and burning whatever layer of fat you have covering the muscle underneath. Right? Then it doesn't matter if you pee or not. It's only water. But I know what you mean. Bottom line is that there are no "tricks" to make the scale tell you what you want to hear. Unless you stand on the scale with one foot on the floor.

You gotta do cardio, buddy. Eat clean. (No white food and that means watch the pasta, the rice, the potatoes, and the sugar.) Eat more protein (that means lean meats such as turkey, pork, chicken breast). You're going to have to take in some carbs so that you have the glycogen stores in the muscle (that's what makes them look plump) and so that you have what you need to get through that cardio.

Running may not float your boat, so try biking or jumping rope. Heck.... strap your Ipod and dance. Shoot hoops. Mow the lawn. Rake leaves. Get your heart rate up to the aerobic zone and hold it there for 20 minutes.

Do this every day, and you will be sportin' those guns you're after.

But more than anything, don't let yourself get all wrapped up in how you look. We women have been cursed with that dilemma way too long... hate to see it happen to you.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:34 PM   #6  

By carbs, I mean whole grain. Whole wheat bread, beans, sweet potatoes, vegetables. Protein shakes are good, too. Stick with the whey formula and watch the sugar. Some are higher in carbs than they need to be. Throw in a couple of egg whites, a tablespoon of peanut butter, a banana, and a few strawberries, and voila! Instant breakfast with enough protein to get you over the edge on that last rep.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:45 PM   #7  

Thanks for the tips!

And it's a little bit of both, muscle and weight. I'm called fat a lot, just about daily. It's really getting to me. It really effects my self esteem.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:47 PM   #8  

Oh and I weighed my self at just under 144 lbs this morning with pajama pants and a t shirt on.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:05 PM   #9  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

I am shocked that at 5' 8" and 144 lbs that you think that you are fat! You are certainly NOT fat! Now, if you just want to tone; eat healthy balanced meals & 2-3 small snacks a day and you will be fine. Like Diva says, you just need to do some exercise of some kind along with your weights, which I was told by my trainer (when I went to a gym years ago) should only be done EVERY OTHER DAY, not everyday.

Mix that up with some speed-walking or boxing or soccer or basketball and that should help a lot (baseball's good too); but do eat healthy. Nothing wrong with a good solid breakfast like eggs + whole grain toast OR a whole grain bagel + peanut butter OR a bowl of cereal with milk; then for lunch, have a whole grain deli meat sandwich + apple; and one plate of served dinner. Snacks can be any fruit OR your 100 calorie packs & a glass of 1% or 2% milk, which are fine.

This is the basic plan my doctor put me on when I was in my teens. He said just cut out the UNhealthy snacks & fast foods; eat balanced healthy meals & snacks ... I lost 25 lbs doing this. Although I don't think that you need to lose any weight; this will help you become more svelt ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:48 PM   #10  

Thanks for the tips!

And i don't think I'm fat...its other people.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:08 PM   #11  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Well, simple, don't listen to the idiots. I have a 16 year old son who is 5'9" (&1/2) and weighs 175. People always comment on how slim he is. He has a 32 inch waist and doesn't do any out of the ordinary excercise except he does move a lot. (mowing, yard work, farm stuff). He rarely sits around being a sloth. If people are calling you fat at 5'8" & 145 pounds, they might be mocking you. Making fun of you for being too thin...Kind of like when they call the big guy "Tiny".
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:54 PM   #12  

Trust me, I am not to thin! But thanks for thinking so! :P