Old 03-09-2009, 04:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 48/45/20

Height: 5'2"

Smile Goals & Rewards

Good afternoon! I was just wondering what kind of goals and rewards some of you might have set for yourself in this journey to getting healthy? I fully admit I'm an extrinsically motivated person and don't enjoy exercising, etc. just for the love of it, I need to have something I'm working towards! Since I'm in the first phase of doing the South Beach Diet I'm trying to think of a nice little reward for myself at the end of this week and then at the end of the second week of the phase. Then I think I'll start looking at other goals like lbs lost and days exercised...but right now just making it through these two weeks is goal enough!

Wondered what you all might be doing to celebrate your hard work...

Blessings for today!
Jenny
jennygirl531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I give myself gift at each 10 pounds lost, No food, but somrething personal it could be a new pair of earrings a new perfume, candles, flowers anything but food.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

A pair of jeans that are a couple sizes smaller.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:27 PM   #4  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

So far, my rewards have been clothing, even if it's just something from the 2nd hand store, it just feels so great to get something in a size or two smaller every so often. When my fingers shrunk so much that my wedding ring was too big, I bought a nice ring in the next whole size down to wear to keep it from falling off. It's a nice reminder of my new lifestyle
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:23 PM   #5  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Like the other ladies here, I rewarded myself with new clothes: most were new, but a few were 'like new' from a local place that sells good quality seconds (ie like a lovely long burgundy velvet dress for Christmas). I got some lovely new glittery dresses (three of them) for special occasions at a clearance sale, and some everyday nightwear too. I really needed the new clothes; so I saved up and splurged on new undies and a bathrobe.

Why not make a list of some things that you really want and tick them off when you reach each goal. My rings also got too big, so I wear my band on my middle finger and the engagement ring on my second-to-last finger (next to the baby finger).

I think flowers, clothes, nighties, robes, jewelry, perfume, plants, or anything that you really like is a good idea; or maybe even a trip when you reach your final goal.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-10-2009 at 03:25 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 265/265/150

Height: 5'4

Well since I am learning how to save I will use shoes.I will find any reason tobuy them. I would use clothing but if I dont see a significant difference in size I will be discouraged.
sparrow82 is offline   Reply With Quote