Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - Zapped by the grocery store shrink ray again!

Glory87
03-09-2009, 01:24 PM
I stopped by the grocery store last night and noticed blackberries (my all time fav berry) were 2.99 - practically reasonable. I bought 2 containers. I noticed they seemed smaller. I took a closer look and the packages have gone from 6 oz to 5.6 oz!!!

Hey manufacturers - I do notice and I do not appreciate it! I want 6 oz of blackberries, that's what I'm used to. You aren't foolin' me by charging me the same money for less product!!!

rockinrobin
03-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Oh yeah. They're downsizing everything. It's really crazy and very scary too if you ask me.

The tuna fish - all the major brands are down from 6 oz to 5 oz. There are other items, they're just not coming to me now.

I bought raspberries today for 1.99. 2.99 for blackberries is high to me. In the summer they're about 1.49 and I buy a pkg every day practically. We love them here too.

The broccoli and the cauliflower have been nice and inexpensive these past couple of weeks, at least for that.

saef
03-09-2009, 02:31 PM
So annoying, particularly if you are following a recipe that calls for the earlier versions of cans & packages when they held more.

When I use recipes from one of Jane Brody's cookbooks that came out in the late 1980s, I run into this problem over & over.