Old 03-06-2009, 10:53 PM   #1  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

Default Need a "beginner's" work-out DVD rec, please.

Hi!

I am 45 years old, with bad knees and badly overweight (245lbs as of tonight).

In my 20's (yep, the 80's) I was a fitness instructor, gol dang it!

I loved low impact aerobics. I love dancing. Is there a workout for me in THIS day and age?

Oh--and I'd love to include my children, too! My son is 11 and my daughter 8 and they'd love to "dance" with me in the living room.

Any suggestions?
I have no idea what's out there--so lots of different options I can research on the web first would be great. I don't order on-line, so I'll have to scout out stores here in Canada to see what I can find, too. I would love, love to start something Monday!
TIA.
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:52 AM   #2  

I like the beginning "yoga booty ballet" DVD.

http://www.amazon.com/Yoga-Booty-Bal.../dp/B000H1RFVE

I got this really cheap used off half.com. "Painted Lady" here lost 30 pounds doing these YBB workouts (not sure these EXACT but this is a nice beginning set from the YBB ladies.)

The "easy" one, besides being gentle and relaxing, you really FEEL you have done something when it's done and the ladies are very positive & inspiring.
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:23 AM   #3  
ugggg.....

I totally agree with K8-EE about Yoga Booty Ballet.

I myself am 43 years old, 212 lbs at the moment and have bad knees from a motorcycle accident that left my right kneecap not sitting right on the bone it's suppossed to sit on.

I can do most of the things on the dvd's fairly easy--I got lost a few times at the fast pace of some of it but a aerobics instructor taught me previously, just keep moving and pick up again. I lost 1 pound and have seen a change in the way my jeans fit already.

I got the starter kit with the ball on ebay for less than $30. They are popular so just keep trying, I lost a few before I finally won one.
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:17 PM   #4  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

Thank you both! I found some site (a link from another thread here) which allows you to preview videos, so I'll check tht out!

Oh--and forget I said dance! Checking out "dance" videos last night I figured they're not for us!

I'm certainly not going to "shimmy" with my son in the room!

I liked the look of Leslie Sansone.
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote