Support Groups - Saying BYE-BYE to 70lbs! Week ONE

View Full Version : Saying BYE-BYE to 70lbs! Week ONE

2Bthinagain
03-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Hi, I am starting a new group for those would like to say goodbye to 70 pounds. (give or take!)
I tried to do this in the past - with no luck.
I've been a member of 3FC for a while now, and think the people here are fabulous.
I have not lost the weight "yet" because I never had my "aha" moment.
Until today.
I'm 43, I'm obese and I'm tired of feeling like a slug. I was thin the first 35 years of my life. It is time to lose the baby weight.
I have a 4yo and a 6yo and need to be thin again for THEM. I don't want to be the fat mom, I want to be the healthy mom with a healthy heart. Plus, I want my DH to have a sexy wife again!!!! He is hot and gets those looks like, "what is HE doing with HER?"

I am the Queen of excuses, I am too busy doing for others and never for myself. It is time now to do it, just DO it. So one month from today I want to be 10 pounds thinner, 3 months from now -- 30 pounds thinner...you get the point.

I am re-arranging my schedule and making time to get physical.

PLEASE - drop me a line, tell me about yourself, tell me your story. Let's hold on and pick each other up when we're down! Let's put it all out there, post your diet plan, work out plan, let us know what you eat every day, etc etc.

For me, I am taking it slow for starters. My number one change: No more soda. None, I'm done. Bye Bye McDonalds coke - I'll always have fond memories of you.

Fat Pants
03-05-2009, 03:50 PM
Ohhh my. I thought I was the only one who hadn't lost the 70 lbs from "That 70s Show" :o It's me - 2Fat4myjeans! :hug:

How are you?? I'm so glad to see you around these parts! I read your other thread in Support and can sooo relate. I too feel like I am doing things permanently this time around - and the main thing is, exercise is a habit now, not something I HAVE to do. most days I look forward to it. I signed up with a personal trainer and that's made a world of difference!

Anyway, so glad you decided to start a group! I was missing the old "That 70s show" support we had going on! :)

Parsp
03-05-2009, 04:44 PM
I'll join in. I'm 55 and the mother of 3 grown children and 1 grandson (6 mos old.) My husband of 26 years died 2 1/2 years ago and I've gained 50 lbs since then on top of the 30 I'd gradually gained with marriage, children and wine! I've played with the same 5 lbs for a couple of years hoping to lose the weight without really changing the habits I knew I must. (Who stops with a 4 oz glass of wine anyway?) I've posted on the "chicks in control" thread about the games I've played with myself about alcohol... I've counted the points (I'm on weight watchers), I've traded activity points for alcohol, and just in the last two weeks I've finally decided wine is too much of a trigger food, and I know I won't cut out alcohol altogether, so I've switched to the lowest calorie alcohol I could find... 2 MGD64's each night. and have lost 5.8 lbs in two weeks to finally make it to my 10 lbs star! I feel like I'm on a roll now, my head is in the game, I'm walking on my treadmill daily, and I'm seeing a slight change in my clothes which is inspiring. I'm ready to start dating again and am comitted to taking the weight off for a new life and a new me! My sorority sisters are having a gathering at the beach in July so I have a new incentive to be 30 lbs lighter than when they saw me last September. I know special event deadlines aren't always the best way to lose and keep it off, but that bathing suit alarm is going off in my head big time:) Glad to have some new buddies for inspriation!

2Bthinagain
03-05-2009, 04:48 PM
2Fat4myjeans -- woo hoo!! I found an old friend!!! I've missed you guys!
I had a PM from Amanda a few weeks ago, her success story is so inspiring.
Right now I'm in fear of having a heart attack or some other fatal illness. I love food so much. I've been in denial city for SO darn long. I do eat more than I fess up too and I never exercise. I will take baby steps, but at the end of each month I hope to look back and say, "I lost 10 pounds this month".
So glad you're here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2Bthinagain
03-05-2009, 04:50 PM
Parsp- I'm sorry about your husband!! Thank you for joining our group. We can help each other with our vices, be it wine or chocolate! I want this more than anything ever. I have some deep dark secrets but am afraid to share them. However I will be sharing my ups and downs and hope everyone will. We can cheer each other on and offer a shoulder to lean on when we need to cry. But this is it. Once at for all!!!
Welcome!

shatteredfallendove
03-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Hey. Id like to join. Im 17 but I am obese. I have a bf for half a year and hes so tall ans skinny and good looking and all the girls look at him like why is he with me, cuz im not skinny.
But thats not why I want to lose weight. I want to lose weight because I have never weighed this much before. And I feel like because this should eb the time of my life, I want to enjoy it. I want to be motivated. I need friends so thats why Im here. I think we can all do it together. ITs alot better to do it with people, than by yourself.

munchievictim
03-05-2009, 05:23 PM
Hey ladies! I'm so excited to be joining an actual support group. Can't wait to get to know you all and get started helping each other through this incredible journey.
Quick bio for me, I'm almost 19 (yay fallendove we're close in age) and I've always been heavy. When I started off late last year I had finally reached the big 2-0-0 (201 to be exact) and knew something had to change. I aimed for losing 70 pounds and here I am 15 pounds lighter already. But time after time I have reached this weight or a little bit lower and then bounced back up, so I'm not getting cocky by any means! I'm ready to be thin, for the first time ever, and I know that's going to take long hours, days, weeks and months of sticking with it. That's why I need the support.
So, I'm excited about building up this support system.
:)

Krista
03-05-2009, 05:33 PM
I'm in! My husband also passed away I was 42 years he was 45. Food was my comfort and shield from other guys hitting on my when I wasn't ready. I have 3 DS's the youngest 15. I'm 51 now, work 40 hours a week, fairly good health except for the weight. I need to start having a life again for me.

Good luck everyone. We can do this if we support one another. Spring is just around the corner let's all add a new chapter to our life with a new beautiful outer body! (We already have the beautiful inner-body) :hug:

2Bthinagain
03-05-2009, 09:14 PM
ShatteredFallenDove, Munchie and Krista

:welcome:

Krista: My heart aches for you!!! I'm so so so so so so sorry that you lost your husband, esp. at such a young age.

Munchie: Tell us how you lost your first 15, what did you do, and how long did it take? We need details!

Shattered: Know what you mean, my husband could be one of PEOPLES sexiest men alive if they knew him, and we get looks all the time...we'll show them!

I'm so glad to hear from each of you! We might all have different stories but we each have the same goal.
This is the place to be HONEST, and to fess up, no excuses! If you need us to slap your hand, smack you upside the head, pat you on the back, give you a hug, ANYTHING you need....we will be here for each other!

I have struggled too hard for too long, and it's time. If I had done this when the original 70s club started, then I would have been long finished by now.

Good luck everyone!

:cheers:

Fat Pants
03-06-2009, 01:45 PM
I have struggled too hard for too long, and it's time. If I had done this when the original 70s club started, then I would have been long finished by now.

I think of that, too... OFTEN! :eek: You know, the "if I had only done this when I started a year and a half ago..." thinking. But we can't think that way and regret the past... we have to stay motivated for the future! It's the here and now we're concerned about! Like... how am I going to make it through this weekend? The weekend's are usually tough for me. There is at least one day of not caring what I put in my mouth, and then I have to work for a few days to get it off again!

2Bthinagain
03-07-2009, 09:01 AM
Fat Pants - good luck this weekend! I don't know if any day of the week is harder for me than another. I'm a stay at home mom, so I have access to drive-thrus pretty much anytime I want, or to stop at the grocery to pick up junk, etc. etc. It's so easy for to pick my son up from preschool then cruise through a drive thru.
however lately - I feel like such the slug, then I've been telling myself, "don't do it, you know you'll feel even worse".
When I got on the scale this week I was surprised (good way) at my number. It was high, but not like I thought it would be.
So I'm kicking off at 224.

Goal: April 5 - 214
Goal: May 5 - 204
Goal: June 5 - 194
Goal: July 5 - 184

I know this will be hard everyone -- but please keep trying, and post about your success AND your set backs! We will all have set backs!! But we CAN and we WILL do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a fabulous weekend everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dust:

Krista
03-07-2009, 06:50 PM
How's everyone doing? I'm feeling so much better today. Had a beautiful day here in PA almost hung clothes on the line but it was a 50% chance of rain but all that snow is almost gone.

Going to make some taco's for dinner tonight and watch some TV, nothing planned, kind of boring. I did accept an invitation to one of those home party's where people sell those plastic containers that begin with a T. A co-worker sent me the invite, i wasn't going to go but accepted after thinking I have to get out of this rut I'm in and start mingling again.

Treated myself to a MP3 player and even figured out how to work it, got on the gazelle this afternoon for the first time in awhile, tomorrow I'll get outside, go for a walk or rake up the yard. Trying to get some sort of activity in everyday for next week and get out and socialize again!

2Bthinagain
03-08-2009, 10:23 PM
Hi Krista, I don't know where everyone has been all weekend!! I hope they aren't ditching us before week one is up!!
It was unusually warm here this weekend so were outside quite a bit - hopefully that meant burning some extra calories!!
I will fess up to eating a grand total of THREE cadburry eggs this weekend. :(
Other than that, I've done pretty good.
No fast food in about 4-5 days.
Tomorrow the giselle goes down to the basement so I can use it while the kiddos are playing.

Where is everyone????????

beachbum13
03-08-2009, 11:00 PM
I feel like you have described me! (minus the kids and I was the one that used to get the "what is she doing with HIM look"). Alas, being married has changed my eating habits and I am looking to lose 70's. How about starting a biggest-loser- percentage-lost-per-week tracking system to help organize anyone that may want to join in this venture? I will volunteer to help out and keep track.

Fat Pants
03-09-2009, 09:47 AM
Hello everyone! Hope you all survived the weekend. I did ok - not great, but not too bad. I got out and ran for about 20 minutes yesterday...the weather was sooo nice. And running outside seems so much easier than on the treadmill... I guess it's because I'm not constantly watching the clock to see how much time I have left!

I was down to 198.6 on Friday (official weigh-in) but have sat at 199.0 for the past three days. Time to get this scale moving in the downward direction!!!

2Bthinagain
03-09-2009, 03:24 PM
I feel like you have described me! (minus the kids and I was the one that used to get the "what is she doing with HIM look"). Alas, being married has changed my eating habits and I am looking to lose 70's. How about starting a biggest-loser- percentage-lost-per-week tracking system to help organize anyone that may want to join in this venture? I will volunteer to help out and keep track.

Beachbum - awesome idea!!!! I vote for you to keep track!
Just post what info you want from us!!!

I'm 5'6, 224 pounds :eek:

2Bthinagain
03-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Fat Pants: You rock!!! You are in wonderland!!!

Woo hooo, .....and you RAN!!!

I can't even walk fast.

Parsp
03-09-2009, 04:57 PM
I'm back after a fun weekend with my DD, SIL and 6 mos grandson visiting. Took a walk with the stroller Sat and then a serious walk for myself after everyone left yesterday afternoon. Stayed on track with pre-planning meals for the weekend and heavy use of the crockpot... my favorite kitchen appliance after coffee pot and microwave. Glad to see eveyone still posting and can't wait to hear results of this weeks weigh-ins. Mine is Wed.

spunker
03-09-2009, 06:37 PM
It's been a bit since the thread started-I have over 70 to lose, but 70 still be a great accomplishment. Would be alright for me to join in?

2Bthinagain
03-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Parsp: Please share some crock pot recipes!!

Spunker: Of course you can join!!!! :welcome:
We are not quite one week old, so you joined at a perfect time.
70 is my goal, but should really be 85.
I'll be happy just to see ONEderland again :)

Fat Pants
03-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Fat Pants: You rock!!! You are in wonderland!!!

Woo hooo, .....and you RAN!!!

I can't even walk fast.

Well my knees certainly don't appreciate all of this physical activity.. lol! It was hard getting to 199... now I just need to stick with it and not give up! This is usually when I throw in the hat! :p

2Bthinagain
03-10-2009, 12:10 PM
FatPants - no throwing in the hat allowed!! We are going to do it!
So tell us, how did you drop the first 13?

News from me:
I did a sleep study last night - they think I have mild sleep apneia but won't know for sure until an expert reviews my stuff....I have to wait until next week, they think I'll need to come back and be fitted for the cpap machine and sleep with one. YUCK. However, if it means no more snoring, and feeling more restful, then I'm all for it. They said chances are when the weight comes off the snoring will subside. Yet even in my skinny days I would snore if I were exhausted.

I'm surprised I don't see more people post about snoring or sleep apnia. I've talked to lots of over weight people and nobody will fess up to snoring.

Anyway - it's yet another item on my list of reasons to do this.

Question to everyone: Name suggestions for our group? Should we go back to "That 70s Show" or does anyone else have another name suggestion?

Fat Pants
03-10-2009, 09:01 PM
Helloooo everyone and happy Tuesday. Tomorrow is halfway through the week already...yippee! Times are stressful at my work - we're trying to meet this HUGE deadline by the end of March, which will wipe our main competitor off the map (or at least do some serious damage), so we are really burning the midnight oil. At least it doesn't leave much time for me to daydream about food. :p

Monday was not so great eating-wise. I was tired from the time change, and it's the week of TOM so I feel like I could eat an elephant and still not be full. I am back on track today, though! :carrot:

FatPants - no throwing in the hat allowed!! We are going to do it!
So tell us, how did you drop the first 13?

Well it's kind of a long story. I got up to 213 last year because DH and I bought our first home and of course with any move, that entails a lot of eating out. Plus we had ordered a new fridge and that didn't get in for a week, so all that plus the stress, I just packed on the pounds. It is the highest I have ever been. What did I do to lose... well... I started training to walk the Race for the Cure 5k last September. So that involved basically walking 3 miles almost every evening around our neighborhood. Oh, we also went to Moab, UT for DH's birthday and did a 6 mile hike, so I just kept training for that. So honestly it was just good old fashion exercise. I started and stopped "dieting" at least 3 times last year. Oh, hahaha, lastly, I spent a lot of time stressing out about passing my comprehensive exams to graduate with my Masters in December, so that got me to around 200 lbs.

This year I decided to RUN :yikes: the Race for the Cure 5k so I signed up with a personal trainer in January. I slimmed down a LOT while working with him (lost 7 inches total), but just recently started losing weight again... I hovered around 200-204 for about six weeks before finally dropping to 198. Now I just track meticulously my calories, and am doing the C25k on my own. I actually like exercising now, and running is pretty cool. I never thought I would enjoy it but once I really started seeing the benefits of it (with the lost inches and fitting into three pairs of pants I couldn't fit into before!), I really got into it. Before I was just exercising like twice a week for about half an hour each...now I try to do it 5 times a week.

Sorry, that was really long! How is everyone's Tuesday going? I am exhausted from work, plus hubby is sick so he was up coughing all night. Sick husband = no sleep for the wife! he's still bad today so I may be sleeping in the guest bedroom tonight! :tired:

spunker
03-10-2009, 11:33 PM
2Bthinagain, thanks :)

Good luck with the sleep apnea stuff. Is snoring a main sign of it? I mean, I know snoring could be from a deviated septum, but otherwise, could/would that be mainly from sleep apnea?

Fat Pants, I've been there myself with the 199-Though last time I learned that the farther it goes down, it gets a little bit easier-kind of, but it seems to give you a little nudge. I don't know, probably doesn't make sense lol

Congrats on your loss so far! What you wrote about your exercise, I found, was really encouraging. When you did the walking 3 miles each evening, did you map it out? Did you do different routes to try and change it up a bit?

---------

As for me, since I didn't say really anything in my initial post except asking to join, I guess I'll say a little something.

I'm 24. Back in 2007 I lost 87 pounds between January 1 and approx July 15 (regained 10 though as I think it was dehydration/water weight). I ended up getting sick because of it in the beginning of June-it was the most unhealthiest.

I met my boyfriend, maintained my weight at 162-165 for a few months (stopped the unhealthy behaviours-for the most part after being with him). The two of us went on a frosting binge, that lasted way too long, and well, I put frosting just about on everything. My weight went up to 180 by then. Then I found out I was pregnant, then miscarried at 10 1/2 weeks.

My depression started back up after the miscarriage, but in the spring signed up for WW and entered a Weight loss challenge-started at 186, got discouraged and dropped out of both at 172 (the was probably the end of May or early June? 2008). My depression progessively got worse, and by mid July I was up to 195. By fall, I was going between 210-215. and then finally got down to 200. I was on short term disability for my depression for the month of October, which I said to help get myself going in a better direction, I wanted to lose weight and start exercising again.

I spent the entire month binging and purging (however not as effectively as in 2007)-started the month at 200, ended the month at 210. That, I believe, was the last time I had weighed myself for awhile.

I then decided I needed to start losing weight, but since it was the holidays, I knew it'd be tough-my goal was to start January 1st. That never happened.

Just recently I decided it was time. Seriously time. Well, I wasn't too serious at first, but then it was violently shoved into serious lol

My new work pants were digging into my sides, and it was really embarrassing practically grunting trying to button them up in the stalls-so, I took a deep breath, prepared for the worst, and weighed myself: 224 (Only 15 pounds less from where I started 2 years ago).

Instead of paying a company to tell me I'm fat and need to lose weight and how to do it, I decided to take my past knowledge and apply it now, without paying them. So, I'm trying WW on my own.

It may sound bad, but I'm not entirely concerned about getting my full points in. I feel that I have other areas to work on that are more important-listening to my hunger signals and just plain making better food choices (now I just have to start regularly exercising).

This is Week 2, day 2 for me. My first weigh-in was 8 pounds (which puts me at 106 to lose, but 70 would still be great). I'm not feeling as hungry as I have in the past. Within my first week, I accomplished eating at least 3 times a day, I'm eating when I'm hungry (and not just because it's time for whichever meal). Also, for the first time, I'm actually get fruits and veggies in, which has been pretty foreign to me in the past.

In time, I feel that things will even themselves out as far as food-the right amounts anyway. But to me, what I mentioned above, seemed to me to be a more pressing matter.

Now that I've rambled on enough... :o

munchievictim
03-10-2009, 11:37 PM
Oh gosh guys I need the support now more than ever.
I had a crazy weekend, good news and bad news.
Good news--I weighed 188 at the doctor today, which is two pounds more than the low I hit last week at home, but with the way I've been eating I'm shocked to even see the 180s still around, and 188 is lower than I've ever weighed in at the dr office! Exciting news.
However, stresses abound. (possible overshare) I have my first UTI, which sucks since I'm only 18, and that's why I was at the doctor. I've felt sickly and lazy all day, and have eaten more than I should have (even had Krystals last night, yikes). In fact, I've had several days of erratic eating.
Because (at least in part)--My very serious boyfriend that I've known since I was 12, that I've been serious with for a year and a half, is signing up for the Army in the next couple of weeks. He'll be gone by July, for three years active duty and one tour of duty overseas. I feel miserable about it.
Sunday I went to see him and we went downtown and walked for hours, all along the river front and then up over the pedestrian bridge and through two consecutive parks, then back over the river on the auto bridge and through the city back to my car. So, excersize in, also very little eating that day and the day before (probably responsible for still being in the 180s).
I don't want to be an emotional eater but I'm afraid that I am and all I want to do right now is binge. It's spring break from college and I'm stuck at home sick instead of with BF soaking up every second.
Still, I'm looking forward to a brand new day tomorrow, on plan and going strong. Hopefully I'll fel better tomorrow, since I'm on antibiotics, and can try out my new Biggest Loser DVD (first one, anyone have it? tips or opinions?) or go for a walk. Today was a gorgeous day weather-wise, and other than a long drive with the windows down I just didn't get out and enjoy it.
Anyway, sorry such a long post. I needed to get some things off my chest. Hope everyone's having a great week eating right and getting active.
:)

munchievictim
03-10-2009, 11:43 PM
spunker--Thanks for your story. I think it would be great if everybody did a bio, since we're all working together as a team and need to really know our team mates.
I've never done weight watchers but I'm calorie-counting now and its helped me to lose 12-15 pounds in a couple of months. From what I gather its a lot like keeping points, just in different terms, and its flexible.
Good luck to you.

2Bthinagain
03-11-2009, 08:50 AM
Spunker: hang in there. Many of us have had ups and downs with our weight, remember...we are here for you. We are all going through this battle together, and feel free to post when you need any type of support! It will be hard for all of us, but we'll get there!!!

Munchie: I'm sorry about your BF enlisting. I know that is scary. My hats off to him for serving our country, but I know it's scary for his loved ones. You said you don't want to be an emotional eater, least you are realizing that it's could happen, just keep healthy snacks around.

As for a mini-bio:
Age 43
Weight 223 (highest was 23?)
Height 5'6
Married/ 2 kids
High school graduation I was 99 lbs dripping wet, 104 at the end of the day with clothes on.
Gained the freshmen 15 in college
Gradually got up to 133
Stayed at 133 for a very long time.
Never had been over weight until I had my kids.
The last was a Csection.
I am also hypo-thyroid
I also went into menopause in my THIRTIES!!
Basically since I was thin most of my life - having this extra weight on me is very hard and very depressing, and I can see how others treat me differently. I have many thin and pretty friends, but others I can tell don't reach out to me and I'm certain it's my weight...they judge me.
I hate being judged, but it's good to know who the fake people are.
ANYWAY, this is year 7 for me being a fat chick.
And hopefully the year that I will drop the most of my weight. What a waste the last 7 years have been - not being able to be as physical as I would like , etc. but ....it's a new year....it's OUR YEAR TO GET SKINNY :)

Fat Pants
03-11-2009, 09:40 AM
Howdy everyone... it's Wednesday! The week is half over! :carrot:

Spunker, when we trained for the 5k, we did switch it up. I live in a pretty hilly neighborhood so often we mapped out our routes on mapmyrun.com to see what would get us ~ 3 miles. The race is at Garden of the Gods (don't know if you know what I'm talking about, lol) and the first 3/4 of a mile is all uphill. I am DREADING running it this year. When I can run for more than 5 minutes, I plan on going to the park and running the race route.

I think what is different for me this time around is yeah I want to lose weight... most definitely. But when January 1 rolled around I thought "I want to run a 5k. And I want to hike a 14'er." So that's what I focused on. The loss of inches and weight is a really great side effect! But even if I'm at 195 lbs and actually run for an entire 3.2 miles, I'll feel proud of myself.

munchie, I'm sorry your bf is going to be leaving for quite awhile. It will be so easy to slip into stressful eating patterns, but you should use it as motivation and time to slim down to one hot girlfriend when he returns on his first leave!!

2bthin, what do you think is making it different for you this time around? You're right, this is our year!!!

Well I am off to start my day! :coffee: I have this video: http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/results-10-days-to-a-better-body-5591 arriving today... I am sooo excited. Not that I think I am going to get a significantly better body in 10 days, but I have been looking for something that will give me the same cardio/strength intervals that I did when I was working with my trainer. I watched some clips on Youtube and was like, holy cow, I need to get this! It should be on my doorstep when I get home from the gym today. Yippee!

2Bthinagain
03-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Fat Pants - I think what is different this time around is that my kids are growing so fast and I want to run with them, really really run without huffing and puffing. When we go to amusement parks I don't want to stand aside 'cause the seat is too tight for me. My youngest is not shy about letting me know how fat I am.
I have visions of piles and globs of fat around my heart. I worry about diabetes, and now the sleep apnea. Plus in the "to much info" department - the sex life is not so good. I'm not comfortable is this body.
I miss my old clothes! I miss it when guys would do a double take, or whistle at me. I once had a guy cross the street just to say, "excuse, I see you walk by every day and just had to let you know you are the most gorgeous woman I've ever seen."....I was engaged at the time, but I thanked him.
I just MISS all of it. The mental and physical.

ALSO -- how cool that you went to MOAB! I went there when I was about 30, and I loved loved loved it! I hiked all day every day, and the funny thing, I never trained for it! I didn't realize how much walking there would be, but I was about 129 at the time. I have a picture at the Golden Arch all by myself with not a soul in sight. I think I went over Thanksgiving or something. It's simply breath taking in Moab!

Fat Pants
03-11-2009, 04:07 PM
2Bthin :hug: I know exactly what you mean about the mental and the physical. I am 70 lbs bigger now than when my husband and I first met. Bless his heart, he has always told me I'm beautiful, but I'm tired of people thinking we're brother and sister (because what would a handsome guy do with a fatso like me?) rather than husband and wife. he is soooo kind and tells me every day that I am gorgeous and sexy, but *I* want to believe that I am gorgeous and sexy...you know? I have a feeling you do!

I know I have not always been the most confident person in the world, but being fat has made me reatreat into this timid, unconfident person... I miss that about myself!

Moab was WAY COOL! We went last April and it was amazing. I think the best way to describe it is that it's like a big playground for grown ups, lol! I have never been an avid hiker, but hiking at sunrise in Arches was an experience I'll never forget. :D I can't wait to go back!

2Bthinagain
03-11-2009, 07:29 PM
Parsp / BeachBum and Krista -- come out come out where ever you are !!!!!

Fat Pants: I'm already looking forward to posting goal pics ;)

iwannalose
03-12-2009, 09:18 AM
I've officially lost 25 pounds as of today! : )
I started on January 12. 2009 and my goal is to lose 100 pounds by Christmas. I'm 1/4 of the way there!!!
I'm 52, married to Michael for almost 21 years. I have 2 kiddos. Janeen is 19 and Jonathan will be 9 next month.
I've tried to lose weight before, but never had the mindset I have now. I'm doing very good using The Daily Plate and tracking calories, and I count everything.

I've had several successes in situations I would ususally just fail. I've made it through my hubby's birthday and Vday and eating out several times (including an all you can eat buffet!) AND a ladies retreat in Gatlinburg, where Chocolate did abound. And I've managed to plan ahead and stay within my calories for the day. It really makes me feel like a warrior that has been victorious in the battle!

Had a little set back yesterday in choir practice....I could see the "reflection" of the entire choir in the window and I'm still so large compared to everyone else. I don't know that I'll ever be thin. I just don't want to be obese anymore.

So I'm on board here! 10 lbs a month, give or take a few, and I'll be at my -100 (and that is 75 from now)

New favorite things that keep me on program have to be Skinny Cows (found them at Sams...20 for $10. Can't beat it!) and Lauging Cow Cheese (Also at Sams...3 wheels for $7)

Great job everyone! Remember...one day at a time!

Fat Pants
03-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Woohooo it's almost Friday! :carrot:

iwannalose - WAY TO GO on the 25 lbs lost!!!! You're doing a fantastic job! Every success - even if it's a non-scale success - is a step in the right direction!

As for me, this has been an incredibly LONG and busy week for me... I am functioning on barely any sleep and today I am really feeling it. So I am definitely ready for the weekend!!!

I am down to 198.4 today... hoping to make it to 197 before the end of the week. I MUST get exercise in today. I did about 20 minutes of lower body strength exercises yesterday... today it's a run on the dreadmill, and then upper body strength training.

Off to try and make it through another day... :yawn:

2Bthinagain
03-12-2009, 12:30 PM
The "dreadmill", love it, LOL.
I did a lot of house cleaning today, does that count as a workout? I was so hot and sweaty I had to take a break. Ran the vacuum in all our bedrooms and cleaned 3 bathrooms. Still have the first floor to do as well as laundry :(

Speaking of counting calories - I should do that too.

Nobody posted a new name idea for the thread -- or our club.
Shall we start a WEEK TWO thread on Sunday, or today? I think today our thread is officially one week old.
Anyone please feel welcome to start the new thread when the new week starts!!

I just didn't know if "saying goodbye to 70 pounds" was a good name or not, I'm leaving toward that 70s show! FatPants - what do you think?

Fat Pants
03-13-2009, 09:25 AM
Hey I count anything other than sitting in front of the tv or computer as GOOD activity... I think cleaning is great! It incorporates strength training by pushing around that vaccuum...haha.

I was thinking, should we do monthly threads instead of weekly threads? Until we get more members maybe it would be easier to follow if we had a monthly thread. Just a thought!

I do enjoy "That 70s Show" - it's catchy and maybe some of our old buddies would recognize it again!

Well I am down to 198.0 today - down .6 from last week which is remarkable considering I didn't exercise really until yesterday. I forced myself to do my upper body strength training last night. Felt sooo much better after I did it.. it's funny, when you get into a slump and don't exercise, how much of a difference emotionally/mentally exercise makes you feel once you do it.

Now I just need to survive 1) TOM and 2) the weekend. Ack!

Hope everyone's Friday is off to a great start! It's snowing here... :brr:

beachbum13
03-13-2009, 04:52 PM
I am HERE. Sorry, still trying to navigate the forums. Info I need to start tracking....

Initial weight (as of 3/9)
Current weight (as of 3/16)

I will do the math and calculate percentages.
Any questions, let me know. I'll start putting it together and it should be up and ready by Monday (in time for weigh-ins)
Pm me your info so I will make sure not to miss anyone who wants to join.

beachbum13
03-13-2009, 05:20 PM
Hello Everyone,

Here are the initial weight-ins so far. I'm starting from 3/9, since that was the date we voted for this (sorry for putting it together so late). If you would like to join provide a weight-in on Monday 3/16 and we can start with that.

Participants________ Start Weight______ Lbs lost/week______%lost/week_____%Overall
Initial weight in----------3/9

1. 2Bthinagain----------- 224
2. Fat_Pants ------------199
3. Beachbum13----- -----200
4. Spunker-------------- 224
5. MunchieVictim---------188
6. Iwannalose -----------285
7. dutchgirl--------------217
8. paperSkin-------------198.6
9. Krista-----------------238

If I have any of your information wrong, please let me know and I can update it right away. Thanks!
Next weight-in will be Monday 3/16 as week 1

dutchgirl
03-13-2009, 05:59 PM
hi all,
I wouldn't mind joining you as I am in frequent need of encouragement, if not a swift kick in the caboose.
I am 50, live in Amsterdam and am a calorie counter. I am doing ok on the food and have recently started an exercise routine (WII Fit, great fun) but right now the scale isn't budging, which is very frustrating.

2B, if you look on Fitday.com they have a fairly comprehensive activities log, and yes, housework is in there in some detail. It counts!
Hope to meet you all here on a regular basis.

paperSkin
03-13-2009, 06:04 PM
I'd love to join you guys. I'm 31 years old, living in Ontario, Canada. I am married with two kids (two girls ages 1 and almost 4). I'm currently on extended maternity leave which has contributed to a 25 pound weight gain in the last 6 months. My weight on March 9th was 198.6 (and is probably very close to that right now too.) I started losing weight a month ago, and I have had a good go of it, but I'm starting to lose some of my steam, so it would be great to part of this.

2Bthinagain
03-14-2009, 11:12 AM
Fat Pants - okay monthly thread it is then!
Welcome paperskin and dutchgirl!!!!

I am going to a bday party today - It's so hard to smile and say, "no thank you" when they offer the yummy cake!!!

On another subject- does anyone ever take a nap?? I am hypothyroid and haven't been regulated in a while, working on that with my docs, but last night around 7:15, I just fell asleep -- woke up at 8:15 and couldn't believe I'd dozed off.

beachbum13
03-14-2009, 02:08 PM
Welcome dutchgirl and paperSkin, I have added you to the weight-in grid.

2Bthinagain - I used to nap like crazy, at least once a day in my early 20's. Now I rarely ever nap unless it has been a really long day and then I doze off by accident.

Krista
03-14-2009, 08:34 PM
2Bthinagain - Here I am! 2lbs heavier but I'm here! Went for a long walk yesterday and went on the wii fit for the first time today, I put 15 min in I'll let ya know if anything hurts tomorrow, but boy, I was gasping for air...I am so out of shape. Beachbum13 I weighed in at 238 lbs today. I'll post my weight again on Monday for your grid.

iwannalose - I am thrilled for you! :carrot: That's alot of weight. I hope that I could post that ..... someday.

Fat Pants
03-14-2009, 10:53 PM
beachbum, thanks for tracking all of the stats! Mine looks good so I'll provide an official weigh in on Monday.

2bthin - around 1:00 every afternoon I get terribly sleepy... I solve this by taking a B-complex vitamin. Have you seen those commercial for the "5-hour energy shot" products? It's just a bunch of B-vitamins and amino acids. You get the same effect (without the price and weird side effects) just by taking a B-complex vitamin. It wakes me up (without feeling jittery) and gets me going through the rest of the day. B vitamins are water soluble so you can't take too many of them... it just turns your pee neon yellow from filtering out all of the extra stuff once your body absorbs all it needs. Also, B vitamins have been shown to work on stuff like depression and it's supposed to help your metabolism. Anyway, I used to come home from work and sleep for 1-2 hours before dinner time..now I've all but eliminated the napping except for my once weekly sunday afternoon nap. :)

:welcome: Paperskin and dutchgirl! So glad to have more join in on the fun!

So how is everyone's weekend going so far? Weekend eating usually derails me, but I'm doing ok so far. I dropped to 197.6 this morning (even on TOM..that's astonishing!) so I'm trying not to sabotage things!

Krista
03-15-2009, 11:18 AM
Fat Pants - I definitely have to try the vit b-complex, thanks for the tip. I'm always exhausted and blame everything on my weight.

Trying to stay OP with the exercises on WiiFit, my DS agreed to be my work out buddy. This should be fun because 15 year olds don't want to do too much except when mom starts beating their scores!

2Bthinagain
03-15-2009, 02:22 PM
Kritsa - what exercises do you do on WiiFit?
I haven't used mine in a while.

Years ago I used to get B12 shots -- back when I was around 131 pounds and wanted to lose 5 pounds. I went to a place called Physicians Weight Loss and I remember it gave me tons of energy.

Now my latest problem DRY EYES!! Sounds strange but sometimes they water for no reason, looks like I'm crying. I hate it when I'm out in public and people think I'm crying, SO many people ask me, "are you okay?" The eye drops aren't helping either.

Other news from me: DH made rice crispy treats this morning :(

dutchgirl
03-15-2009, 04:59 PM
I weigh in (officially) on Sundays, so here are my result: 213 lbs:dance:

I "sneak peeks" at the scales sometimes, and frankly, they haven't changed for the last 2 weeks.
So I was extatic this morning when I had suddenly dropped 4 lbs.

2B, The WII Fit helps a lot, I usually do 30-60 minutes, half of time on aerobics and the rest divided between yoga and muscle.

good luck to all you "70 lbs-ers", I will see your results tomorrow.

keep it up!:carrot:

2Bthinagain
03-15-2009, 10:15 PM
I'm sick - blah!
I have been sneezing like a crazy person and my eyes won't stop itching. I've never had allergies in m life....so I'm very annoyed not knowing why the eyes are itching.
My head is throbbing, my nose is stuffed, I'm sore and achy. Yuck!
Tomorrow I have to babysit a friends child ALL day (her father recently passed away, I couldn't say no)....and on Tuesday my parents are coming to visit for 3 days.
Not that I don't want my parents coming...but I don't want to budge....!!!!!!

Fat Pants
03-16-2009, 09:45 AM
It's Monday! :sp:

How was everyone's weekend? We were busy (as usual), but I did go shopping and was ecstatic to find out I'm a size smaller in tops! :carrot: Now if I can officially move on from these size 16 jeans, I'll really have reason to celebrate.

dutchgirl, way to go on the 4 lb loss! Sometimes our bodies are just so weird... it's interesting to see how weight loss is not a linear process, isn't it? I track my weight every day in a spreadsheet and it's been fun (and sometimes frustrating) to see the fluctuations...but it also helps keep in mind that sometimes a higher weight doesn't mean anything except I've had too much salt!

Well my official weigh in on Friday was 198.0 lbs so a loss of 1 lb for me for Week 1.

beachbum13
03-16-2009, 02:47 PM
Participants________ Start Weight______ Weight in______%lost/week_____%Overall
Week # 1 weight in

1. 2Bthinagain----------- 224
2. Fat_Pants ------------199--------------198-----------0.50%----------0.50%
3. Beachbum13----- -----200--------------199-----------0.50%----------0.50%
4. Spunker-------------- 224
5. MunchieVictim---------188
7. dutchgirl--------------217--------------213-----------1.84%----------1.84%
8. paperSkin-------------198.6
9. Krista-----------------238--------------237-----------0.50%----------0.50%

beachbum13
03-16-2009, 02:50 PM
dutchgirl - way to go!! How did you do it? What kind of diet are you on?

Fat pants - it looks like you and I are on the same track. I unofficially checked my weight Friday and it was a 2lb loss but I went to dinner with my hubby last night and indulged a little too much...hoping to do better next week.

dutchgirl
03-16-2009, 03:19 PM
thanks Beachbum. Just counting calories - 1600 or less - and putting in some time on the WII Fit. I have to say though - I hadn't lost a gram in 2 weeks before that. The human body is a mistery.

2B, aaawww girl, I'm sorry you are feeling poorly, hope you :getwell:!

Fat pants, way to go you on the tops!

Krista
03-16-2009, 09:24 PM
Hi Guys,

Had a busy weekend, raked leaves with DS1, picked up almost 27 bags, felt nice to get outside the temp was near 60 degrees. I also seen a robin today, what was a wonderful sign that the weather is finally changing.

Weighed in today at 237, I just started on the Wii Fit I'm going slow just doing the yoga and arobics and adding one new activity/pose each time. DS3 also has me going on the games like the ski jump and the tightrope walk.

Have a good week everyone and Happy St Paddy's Day tomorrow. I won't be checking in have a 12 hour workday on Tuesdays.

Fat Pants
03-18-2009, 09:00 AM
Good morning everyone, hope you all had a nice St Patty's day and didn't drink too much beer! :drinkup:

This week was off to a great start... I exercised for over an hour on Monday, but yesterday - not so much. DH and I had a heated "discussion" over something and then he left to go to class for the evening, so I was left to my own devices when it came to snacking.. AND, I didn't exercise. I actually didn't go over my calories, but I was snacking at like 9:30 last night so I was up a bit this morning. Bummer. I was hoping to see 197.0 by my official weigh in on Friday, but I will have to work extra hard to see that now. Oh well. Time to pick myself back up and dust myself off. We all have those days, don't we?? :p

paperSkin
03-18-2009, 11:47 AM
Sorry ladies.. I forgot to weigh in on Monday. Monday's weight was 196.8. Not as good as I would of liked, but something is better than nothing.

Fat Pants
03-19-2009, 09:29 AM
Hi everyone! Hope we are all just busy and haven't had time to check in!

WellI got my act together and exercised yesterday and watched my eating, so the scale was very kind to me this morning! Will officially weigh in tomorrow.

paperSkin - way to go on the loss! :carrot:

What are everyone's plans for the weekend? DH and I are going camping tomorrow night so I am wondering how to get my exercise in (and stay on track with eating...camp food is yummy!)

paperSkin
03-19-2009, 05:47 PM
Fat Pants, looks like we started the same place and are in the same position now.. kind of a weird coincidence, no?

2Bthinagain
03-19-2009, 07:35 PM
Greetings everyone!!
Sorry I've been MIA this week. My parents left this morning and I'm finally started to feel a little better.
Sadly, nothing to report for a weight loss.
And even sadder - I did not stick to a diet plan this week.
I'm ducking my head and prepared for the lashing I'll get - and that's okay, I deserve it. You are the ones "allowed" to yell at me for not sticking to the course.
Spring is here and it's so sad to walk around with the muffin top.
I thought for sure by now I'd be a size smaller at least.
Oh well...Wii Fit here I come.

ETA: My DH called me earlier from work - to talk about misc. things...but the subject came up about breast reduction and LIPO!
He really really really wants me to have both. Easy way out, huh???
He said, that I've been talking about losing the weight since our 7 yo was born and I haven't.....and he's right.
THEN a friend emailed me a link about LipoDissolve.....???? She is my BEST friend.....and I know she had the best intentions.
I'd still rather do it the real way....by diet and exercise...however the breast reduction is tempting...'cause I know insurance would pay for it...plus maybe I'd feel better when I exercise 'cause the boobs aren't so huge????
The thought of surgery just scares me.

Fat Pants
03-21-2009, 10:28 PM
2B I totally get the breast reduction desire. I want to get that eventually, as well. Even at my lowest weight of 130ish lbs, I still had huge boobs and it made me look bigger than I really was, PLUS I looked disproportionate with such large boobs and small waist. I know lots of women want that, but since I am short and have a short torso, it just made me look pregnant. I think once we are done having kids and if I am still large-chested, I'll probably have the surgery.

IMO in terms of lipo, I'd probably just do it the old fashioned way because it really becomes a habit/lifestyle then!

Fat Pants
03-21-2009, 10:34 PM
Fat Pants, looks like we started the same place and are in the same position now.. kind of a weird coincidence, no?

yeah! funny, huh? What kind of plan are you doing to lose weight? I guess I'm counting calories and exercising tons, though the past week or two have been a struggle.

Well yesterday sucked! I totally binged while we were camping. Kind of my fault because I'm the one that brought chips, cookies, marshmallows, candy, etc. in the first place! Then, I never really sleep when we're camping (I'm afraid of animals attacking us...hahaha :lol: ) so I slept most of today away. I did do 50 minutes of strength/cardio DVD and then hubby and I went on a 30-minute walk this evening. Hopefully that, with drinking lots of water will get me back on track!!

2Bthinagain
03-23-2009, 11:44 AM
Well I'm on about day 10 if my cold, I think it's finally going away, either that or the Claritan I started taking 2 days ago is doing something. I didn't know I had allergies, but who knows.
Anyway - rode my bike yesterday with the kids for awhile -- that was the most physical I'd been in a long time. Feels good to actually get out and about.
I'm looking forward to more warm days!!

On another topic all together -- I am a stay at home mom - you guys knew that already...but I also do something called ChaCha - don't know if anyone has ever heard about it or not - it's something I do from home, set my own hours- any time of the day, any day of the week. Usually just 10-15 minutes here or there, or I use my laptop when I'm watching a movie at night to ChaCha.
You can read more about it at www.chacha.com --
if anyone is interested in becoming a ChaCha guide - they have openings right now, you can apply, then take a little multiple choice test then you take another test of a sample of questions....if anyone is interested in signing up, please let me know - you can sign up and be on my team -- I don't make any money from YOU,...but I would get credit if you signed up under me.
PM me if you want more details :)

beachbum13
03-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Participants________ Start Weight______ Weight in______%lost/week_____%Overall
Week # 2 weight in_____3/23

1. dutchgirl--------------213--------------213--------------0.00%-------------1.84%
2. paperSkin-------------198.6------------196.2------------1.21---------------1.21%
3. Beachbum13----- -----199--------------198--------------0.50%-------------1.00%
4. Fat_Pants ------------197--------------197.2-----------+ 0.10--------------0.40%
5. Krista-----------------237--------------237--------------0.00%-------------0.50%
7. 2Bthinagain----------- 224
8. Spunker-------------- 224
9. MunchieVictim---------188

beachbum13
03-23-2009, 02:10 PM
Hello everyone!

Sorry for being MIA for most of the week. I have a lot going on with work and school planning ( I have decided to go back to school). I will be here every Monday to post the results for the weeks to come. I will try to check in twice per week but will make sure to be here Mondays.

2B- I know you have been sick and I hope you feel better. Ten days of being sick must be dreadful! You are still trying to get in some exercise which is more than I could do if I was feeling under the weather.

Spunker/MunchieVictim/Iwannalose - I have not heard from any of you for almost 2 weeks now. Please remember to check in so we can all support one another and reach our weight loss goals.

Dutchgirl is leading the pack @ 1.84% of body weight loss. I seem to only be losing one lb per week. I'll have to step it up this week. Yesterday I went out to eat again, it seems I always decide to do this on Sundays which may be a reason for slow results but at least it is something.

Starting this week, for those of you that are signed up. I am going to "up the ante" and provide an incentive to help reach our goals.

Game Rules & Info:
1. For current participants, only (those on the "Biggest Loser Style" Results list as of Wk 1)
2. Check in weekly, every Monday, with your weigh-in for the week
3. Game will run for 6 weeks, starting today, Mar 23 through April 27th.
4. The Goal is to have the highest % of weight loss by April 27.

The person with the highest % of weight loss by 4/27 will win a Prize.:D

Fat Pants
03-23-2009, 04:23 PM
Howdy everyone!!! I have some real motivation now... DH and I just booked a vacation during the first week of July at a resort in Playa del Carmen, Mexico! :beach:

I'm so excited, but do NOT want to be a 200 lb whale on the beach while I'm there. It's 14 weeks away so I really need to step things up. No more cheating on the weekends! :nono: No more snacking at night! :nono: Consistent exercise that counts! :drill: I'm bound and determined to look halfway decent in a bathing suit...lol!

I keep thinking "surely I can do this for 14 weeks," but if I could eat well and exercise for long periods of time, I wouldn't be in this predicament in the first place, now would I? :p

I'm starting out at 197.2... I want to be in the 170s by the time I hit the beach!

2Bthinagain
03-23-2009, 09:21 PM
Fat Pants - woo hoo!! Vacation!! Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

paperSkin
03-23-2009, 11:05 PM
Well.. my weigh in is at 196.2..

Not so great.. I was 196.8 last week Monday, so total loss of 0.6lbs for the week.. I was shocked actually because on Saturday I was 195.2lbs. I was pretty good this weekend, so it must be some weird water retention.

As for my program, I am doing the Fat Smash diet and trying to exercise 5 days a week. I've been doing the 30 Day Shred, and I'm on Level 3 now.

Fat Pants, I think having a vacation goal will help your efforts.. knowing that you're going to be living in a bathing suit for a week will inspire you to want to look even better than you already do :)

dutchgirl
03-24-2009, 04:05 PM
hi all,
sorry I have been AWOL this week. I seem to have lost all motivation, so though I have been on the forum, I have really only been lurking.

I don't know what my problem is. I can't seem to get myself together to do any exercise at all and, though I haven't given in to it, I want to eat the world. A local snackbar put a flier in my mailbox yesterday and it was all I could do not to grab the phone and order about half the menu.

I am exhausted, can't concentrate and want to snap peoples heads off.
Needless to say I haven't lost an ounce this week, and am lucky to have avoided a gain. Do I just need a vacation or could it be (OMG:eek:) menopause sneaking up on me?

I feel like I am letting you all down.

Right, that's enough of a moan for one day.

I shall suck it up for the rest of the week and get my ample behind in gear again.

Fat Pants
03-25-2009, 01:02 PM
Mid week check in! :drill:

how is everyone doing this week? I am ok - exercising a ton and it's paying off. Some days I just feel like this is all too impossible, though. It just seems like it's a lot of hard work and feels like I will never get there. Anyone with me on that?

I have some motivation meeting me this afternoon for coffee. I am a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding in December. We already ordered bm dresses and I had to get a size 18. :o We got to pick our own style so I got one that could be easily altered. I don't want to be a fat bridesmaid!!!!

2Bthinagain
03-25-2009, 02:44 PM
Mid week check in - feeling like an overstuffed sausage.
Not getting on the scale.
Just curious about something - other than weight - does anyone here have health problems?
I am hypo-thyroid - and have no idea what my cholesterol (sp?) is like.
Last time it was checked they said it was "borderline".
No exercises since the bike ride.
I am one who can easily keep myself busy to avoid doing something...
I also have many things to motivate me to do this - seeing my husbands college friends and the inlaws at some point this summer (puke).
Oh well - happy day everyone!

Fat Pants
03-27-2009, 10:28 AM
happy Friday! We had a blizzard yesterday so I'm working from home today. :brr: hopefully the last snow of the season!'

Just a quick check in before work. last week I was 197.4, today I weighed in at 194.2. I'm shocked and don't believe it. I'm going to have to see this consistently in order to think it's not a fluke! But I'll take it either way. :yes:

paperSkin
03-27-2009, 01:03 PM
Hi guys! I reached my mini goal of 193 yesterday! That's 20 lbs lost.. wohoo.. I am so pumped.. lets see if it stays that way until Monday.

As for health problems, I have psoriasis, a skin disorder (hence the name paperSkin) which has actually gotten A LOT better since I started my diet.. other than that I'm pretty healthy.

Fat Pants, looks like that vacation has really motivated you. Congradulations on the loss!

2Bthinagain
03-28-2009, 06:36 PM
Fat Pants and Paper Thin - :carrot:
Woo Hoo for each of you and your weight loss!
I haven't stepped on a scale since my illness - and then having company, and this weekend is a family birthday (2 day celebration).
I'll get back on track on Monday - I will.
I am mostly lacking in the exercise dept. and still drinking coke.

Again - congrats to Fat Pants and Paper Thin - where is everyone else?
We were on page TWO! that's not good -- let's stay on the first page here :)

Saramommy
03-28-2009, 08:25 PM
Hi all, I have about 50 more pounds to lose. I started at 200lbs and am now at 171. My goal weight is 125 (which seems impossible). I try do a 30 minute exercise 3-4 times a week. I'm not sure if that is enough...should I do more? I want to lose all my baby weight by December!! I hope to stay motivated with this website and support group. Thanks! :)

paperSkin
03-30-2009, 12:31 PM
Thanks guys for the encouragement.. unfortunately the I got excited and spoke too soon. Today my weight is 194.4lbs. I'm kinda on the fence about it.. it is still a loss of 1.8lbs. so I can't complain too loudly, but the 193 number was so much prettier.

I guess I should of expected it considering the run in I had with some samosas yesterday!

Fat Pants
03-30-2009, 02:41 PM
Thanks guys for the encouragement.. unfortunately the I got excited and spoke too soon. Today my weight is 194.4lbs. I'm kinda on the fence about it.. it is still a loss of 1.8lbs. so I can't complain too loudly, but the 193 number was so much prettier.

I guess I should of expected it considering the run in I had with some samosas yesterday!

haha I think we must have had the same run in with good food. I was down to 140.0 yesterday (soooo close to 193!) and up a little (194.2 again) today. The funny thing is, I didn't eat over my calories, but I didn't move much yesterday either...lazy Sunday.

I did get to buy a dress for vacation in a size (L) instead of (XL) .... previously I couldn't even fit into the large, let alone an extra-large! :carrot:

saramommy - :welcome: Happy to have you join in this journey with us! I think exercising 3-4 times a week is a great start. That's where I am at now... one day I want to work up to 5-6 times a week but right now that just isn't happening. How did you lose the first 30 lbs?

dutchgirl
03-30-2009, 03:40 PM
no weightloss again.
I hang my head in shame:o.
However, as of today I am back on plan and I bought a pair of running shoes to start my C25K on Friday.
And my pants feel more loose, so there is progress in a non-scale sort of way.
But I do want that weight to start dropping again, AND SOON!

Saramommy
03-30-2009, 03:57 PM
saramommy - :welcome: Happy to have you join in this journey with us! I think exercising 3-4 times a week is a great start. That's where I am at now... one day I want to work up to 5-6 times a week but right now that just isn't happening. How did you lose the first 30 lbs?

Thanks Fat Pants! I lost the first 30 by eating less and starting to exercise. It was slow going...it takes a lot of motivation for me to exercise. 3FC has helped me get VERY motivated though!!

I started a 21 day challenge (only 3 days into it) but I think it's going good. My goal is to workout everyday. YIKES!! We'll see how it goes. :crossed:

2Bthinagain
03-30-2009, 05:46 PM
Welcome Sara!

well here I said I'd get back on track today. What is it with every day going totally UNPLANNED. Our youngest has asthma and was up all night coughing and throwing up...this morning he had a doc. appt...then sent to another place for a whooping cough test -- the has consumed most of my time.
My DH just walked in the door from work and I will leave in about 5 minutes to take another child to "sunday" school (yes, on Monday).
The day was not what I had planned - and unless our youngest is significantly better tomorrow - it will be another day of cuddling and catering to him.
Maybe he can sit on the sofa and watch me do my Wii Fit?

2Bthinagain
04-01-2009, 02:38 PM
Happy Wednesday

dutchgirl
04-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Hi 2B,
I hope your kiddie is feeling better.
Happy Wednesday to you too.

Fat Pants
04-01-2009, 04:21 PM
Hey everyone, I started a new april thread: http://3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2680459#post2680459