Does it Work? - wii fit

View Full Version : wii fit

shatteredfallendove
03-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Anyone else have it? Any one tried it? Its ok. I only have the one game that it comes with, and im bored of it. Any one else have that problem?

Kae
03-05-2009, 02:34 PM
We haven't had ours very long but I like it... we only have the one game so far as well.

Amarantha2
03-05-2009, 05:06 PM
I tried it at a friend's house, had some different activities, games, honestly can't remember. It was fun, not practical for me, though.

CountingDown
03-05-2009, 07:28 PM
I have it, and I have "My Fitness Coach". I alternate between the two - which works well.

Wii Fit - I like doing aroung 45 minutes:
10 minutes rhythm boxing
5 minutes advanced step
10 minutes super hula hoop
5 minutes island lap run
5 minutes yoga
5 minutes training
5 minutes ski jumping or slalom skiing.

I vary the order, and occasionally throw in some of the other exercises.

shatteredfallendove
03-06-2009, 07:03 AM
Thanks so much for the comments. Ya i dont think its to practically cuz it says it monitors minuites but its not like real minuites. I cant really explain

But thanks so much Counting Down. thats a really good scheule you have for yourself. I might just take it :-)

How is my fitness coach. I have seen before in Game Stop and really wanted it. Is it worth the money?

wendyland
03-06-2009, 11:36 AM
We just got our wii fit. We're having fun with it. I'm glad that you can open new exercises. I would definitely get bored fast otherwise.

I also have fitness coach. I really like it. It's like using a customized fitness dvd. It's also a pretty tough workout.

Tabby
03-06-2009, 12:15 PM
I have Wii fit I like it but I can't seem to keep myself motivated to keep using it . I only have the game that came with it at the moment I want to get "My Fitness Coach" and I know they have that Jillian Michaels work out but I haven't heard much good about that one.

wendyland
03-06-2009, 01:23 PM
I wanted to mention that my fitness coach doesn't use the balance board. I did see on amazon that there's a new game coming for the balance board. It's a Gold's gym workout game. I'm interested to see the reviews of that one.

shatteredfallendove
03-06-2009, 02:47 PM
O wow. Thanks Wendy I didnt know that there was going to be a Gold gym workout for the wii thats great. Its hard when you only have one game I know Tabby. I only have the one game that came with it and Im bored to tears. Theres only so many times you can play the same games before getting bored, you know

celigirl88
03-14-2009, 11:48 AM
My cousins have the Wii and while they don't have the fit, they have some of the little sports games that come with it. The boxing is outrageous, I did it once with my little cousin and he basically whooped my butt. I could not keep up with him.

And for the fit, they have massive amounts of games coming out for it. I know for a fact they already have a Jillian Michaels game for it. Its a great workout game from what the guys at the store told me.

nelie
03-14-2009, 12:04 PM
And for the fit, they have massive amounts of games coming out for it. I know for a fact they already have a Jillian Michaels game for it. Its a great workout game from what the guys at the store told me.

You mean the guys that are trying to sell it? :lol:

I would check the amazon reviews before you even think of buying it. It has horrible reviews.

celigirl88
03-14-2009, 12:15 PM
You mean the guys that are trying to sell it? :lol:

I would check the amazon reviews before you even think of buying it. It has horrible reviews.

Really? Damn those guys. I don't have a Wii so I don't read reviews yet on any of the games but I guess that would be good before buying the game.

dutchgirl
03-14-2009, 03:11 PM
I like my WII Fit, it is a lot of fun, and especially the yoga, balance and muscle exercises are good for me.
The aerobics, though, I think I will outgrow very soon, so I am considering taking up jogging.

wendyland
03-14-2009, 11:43 PM
Really? Damn those guys. I don't have a Wii so I don't read reviews yet on any of the games but I guess that would be good before buying the game.

I have heard a couple people say that they like the game even though it got bad reviews. I'd probably rent it before I bought it.

Tabby
03-14-2009, 11:56 PM
I am thinking about pre ordering the golds gym game through amazon. I am also going to keep my eyes open for a cheap used copy of the Jillian Michaels game just so I have other games to use maybe that will help.

melwolfe
03-27-2009, 10:33 AM
I have the fit and love it, but I only do it approx every 3rd day, I add my treadmill and home gym one day and My Fitness Coach in between the two. I haven't tried the Jillian Michaels game because of the bad reviews but I have pre-ordered the Gold's gym and will let you know my thoughts after it arrives and I've tried it out.

My Fitness Coach is excellent, it really works you and in many different areas and the "routine" is different each time.....I really really like this one.

I still like my Wii Fit but find myself doing the boxing and stepping more than anything else. I use the balance games for approx "10 mins" and then do 30 mins of boxing and stepping.

The Wii Sports Boxing is an excellent workout if you do that for 30 - 40 mins. it is a really good workout and it's fun, pretend it's your boss or whoever has ticked you off that day while you workout

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar070/sliderbug/lb/217/140/199/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

wendyland
03-27-2009, 10:59 AM
We got a wii ski game. It's really fun with the balance board. It's not the best workout, but I like that it doesn't start and stop so much. That gets on my nerves with wii fit.

Sweetums
03-27-2009, 12:33 PM
Does it actually help with weightloss/inches or is it more of a get you moving kind of thing? Just curious, I just bought my son a wii and I was looking into buying the wii fit brd but I'm still undecided

melwolfe
03-27-2009, 01:18 PM
Both IMO. I mean the first month I was working out I used the Wii Fit exclusively to get started. The stepping, jogging, boxing and hula hoop are great. I don't do the yoga and strength so much now because I use my actual weight machine/home gym for strength training and just not into the Yoga.

If you have trouble finding the Wii Fit look into My Fitness Coach for Wii it's sort of an interactive workout DVD for Wii. You can start out at just 15 mins. per workout but it really gets you moving.

There are several more games coming out for Wii Fit soon also, Golds Gym in a few days and sometime in May is EA Active Sports both of these look really good so far.

You can also do the boxing in the Wii Sports that comes with the console and that's a pretty good workout all by itself.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar070/sliderbug/lb/217/140/199/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

debbies
03-27-2009, 01:29 PM
I bought the wii for the fitness games. Right now I only have the wii fit - and I love it. The balance games are fun - keeps the kids entertained. I have been using the strength training and yoga portion - very cool. My arms and abs are really feeling it. I like how it doesn't unlock everything all at once - you have to earn games and levels. I also like the suggested workout for each option you choose. I try to follow its suggestions.

As for the aerobics - running in place pretty much sucks. Try a mini trampoline, or do as I do - strap the remote to your ankle and ride a stationary bike - I also have a little floor stepper - I think changing things up makes it easier to stay motivated.

I have put a fitness wish list email out to all my family - they do say they never know what to get me.

I am hoping for the dance dance revolution and Golds Gym games next (finger crossed: )

cbmare
03-27-2009, 01:52 PM
You can also do the boxing in the Wii Sports that comes with the console and that's a pretty good workout all by itself.

Boy I'll say! I started beating the living daylights out of one of those guys. Then a bell rang and someone yelled "FIGHT"! My knuckles were dragging the ground before round 1 began! LOL!

I didn't tell boobalah that it did that. He came in huffin and puffin. We both sat down and had a good laugh over that.

Have you done the rhythmic boxing?

debbies
03-27-2009, 01:56 PM
^^ I feel so uncoordinated with the boxing. When I play with the training section - I can't seem to hit the trainers gloves - all I ever do it hit him in the face and then I lose. What gives? Do you have any hints?

melwolfe
03-27-2009, 02:08 PM
Oh, I suck at the training boxing thingy. I beat the snot out of the trainer instead of hitting the gloves.:o

I really like the rhythmic boxing and I had my hubby build me a riser for the board so that when I'm doing the stepping or the rhythmic boxing it's a little more of a workout. The riser makes it the same height as a regular step. They sell something that does the same thing but it's like $50 and this was the cost of a 2 x 4 and 30 mins of my hubby's time.

I did the yoga and strength a lot in the beginning but as my endurance built up I started using my weight machine more for that.

I do like the balance games but can't seem to get past the advanced stage of the bubble game those stupid bees get me right before the finish!!!:mad:

debbies
03-27-2009, 02:18 PM
Freakin bees - lol - I know what you mean. I can't get past the last one. I make it right to the edge - and buzzzzzz - pop!

Me and my son have had a battle going on in the balance games. He keeps me motivated to stay in first. We were obsessed with the ski jump - I was first for the longest time with a score of 362m - now he has 391m and I can't even come close. At least I am still first in the skiing.

A riser for the board is a great idea. I was gonna do that too - for the stepping game.

melwolfe
03-27-2009, 02:39 PM
I'll try to find the link to the site with the directions and post it tomorrow. It was pretty easy. The only thing is you also want to buy two cheap handles or knobs for the ends. I have broken 3 nails trying to pick the thing up when I'm through playing. My honey is going to add handles once we get around to Home Depot or Lowes to buy them...........Even with the handles it's much cheaper than the riser they sell online.

The riser really does make it a little more challenging.

julier70
04-08-2009, 09:00 PM
I have Jillian Michael's game and am not real impressed...I can't wait for the Gold's gym...I might even try Fitness coach. Wii Fit is really fun and even though my husband makes fun of me calling it a workout, it's better than sitting around watching tv...

melwolfe
04-09-2009, 06:23 AM
I got the Gold's Gym game, it's pretty much all boxing, but I think it's pretty good. I think the more you advance the tougher it'll be.

I like it pretty well so far. I definitely feel it in my thighs and arms the next day. Toys R Us has/had it on sale for 19.99, not sure when that price ends, but it's cheapest I've found it so far.

MrsM
04-09-2009, 10:27 AM
I love my wii fit! Its a visual representation of the progress I make and it keeps me motivated!

nelie
04-09-2009, 11:18 AM
I got the Gold's Gym game, it's pretty much all boxing, but I think it's pretty good. I think the more you advance the tougher it'll be.

I like it pretty well so far. I definitely feel it in my thighs and arms the next day. Toys R Us has/had it on sale for 19.99, not sure when that price ends, but it's cheapest I've found it so far.

I love boxing!! I'm going to have to read the reviews on amazon.

shatteredfallendove
04-09-2009, 10:47 PM
The golds gym is ok if you want to box. The only real great thing about it is it says on average u can lose up to like 200 calories in 6 min (depenging on the workout) but otherwise Personal trainer is the way to go. Its fantastic

BUT!!! If you want to try both I suggest going to best buy and picking them up. There is a sale this week only. You can get both games (Gold Gym and PErsonal Trainer) for 40 dollars without tax. Thats howcome I purchased them. Its worth it. Trust me.

Take care

wendyland
04-10-2009, 02:01 PM
I think the EA Sports Active looks better, but much pricier. I hope it comes down on price after awhile. It's coming out next month.

nelie
04-10-2009, 02:08 PM
I think the advertisement for the EA active sports looks good but I'm a bit skeptical. Definitely going to wait and see what the reviews say.

melwolfe
04-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Yeah, I will probably buy that one also. It looks like it'll be really good, but we'll see I guess.

nelie
04-14-2009, 12:58 PM
I got the Gold's gym game and I do like it a lot. I love boxing though. I think you have to put your head into though to really get the most out of it. True with any exercise.

melwolfe
04-14-2009, 02:51 PM
I really do like the Gold's Gym. The more I play it the more I like it. I will post about the EA Active after it's out and I buy it!

hcl777
04-19-2009, 06:54 PM
Gold's Gym is not bad, but as with all these games, you get what you put into it. You could easily "win" the game by sitting on the couch and just flicking your wrists :) On the other hand, if you bob and weave (as they instruct you to) as you're throwing the punches, you actually do get a moderate aerobic workout. Still not the same as a real workout, but better than nothing.

There are some good exercises like crunches and squats which use the Balance Board (basically as a "spotter" to count the number you do). This gives you a decent workout.

I don't find the Wii Fit particularly useful for exercise, except maybe the Hula Hoop game and the boxing game. Still, I think it's only time before game developers come up with a lot of uses for the Balance Board...

debbies
04-19-2009, 10:23 PM
I really like the wii fit - I like to do the yoga portion - I start with the first one and move one by one through each - I do the suggested strength training along with the yoga. I feel a real sense of accomplishment everytime I get all the check marks for each workout.

Edit: WooHoo - my diet ticker finally showed up : )

delafax
04-29-2009, 08:37 PM
Does anyone know if there is a walking exercise game for wii?

debbies
04-29-2009, 09:37 PM
Does anyone know if there is a walking exercise game for wii?

The Fit has a walking portion. I actually like to strap the controller to my leg and ride my stationary bike instead of the walking in place. I have a friend that likes to walk on a mini trampoline.

Vivify
05-03-2009, 12:20 PM
I LOVE my wii fit!! It is the greatest gift I received this year!! I was wondering how the my fitness coach was you all seem to really like it! So is it worth buying??

skinnygurlinside
05-03-2009, 09:05 PM
I went and bought the My Fitness Coach Fri, and I haven't actually done a workout on it yet, I did go through and set up my profile and stuff. It looks like it would be effective. It's intuitive, in that it asks you how you're feeling that day and tailors your workout to your mood. It also asks how you're keeping up during the workouts and tailors it based on that. Being relatively new to exercise, since I haven't done any in about 10 yrs, I figure this would be a great deal for me. This way it doesn't push me so hard that I get frustrated and quit before I'm well established. I think it's great!!

CountingDown
05-03-2009, 09:57 PM
I like My Fitness Coach. It became a bit too repetitive to do 3 times a week (which I was doing), so I switched off to the Gold's Gym Cardio Workout for a while. I will go back to it.

I like that you pick your workout focus each day - it helps to mix it up a bit.

It is much better if you have a step and a fitness ball and hand weights, otherwise you are quite limited with the exercises that it chooses (in comparison).

melwolfe
05-03-2009, 11:07 PM
I really like the fitness coach game as well. I finally made it up to a 45 minute workout! It was really hard, I had to just make myself finish the last 10 minutes.

You do get a better workout if you have the weights, ball and step as someone else said. The ball is cheap at Wal Mart and they even have a step for $30.00 approx, weights aren't expensive either. If you don't already have that stuff, check Craigslist, yard sales or Wal Mart has them all pretty cheap.

Vivify
05-04-2009, 02:34 AM
Cool! I was contimplating going out and getting it before but now I am gonna go get it in the morning! I think it is a good option for me as I don't have the cash for a gym right now and I am just starting out! Thanks for everyones input!:carrot:

p.s. I am excited to start!!

Vivify
05-04-2009, 01:13 PM
K I am off to get my fitness coach! My boyfriend is coming with me!! woot woot he is gonna do it too!

Vivify
05-06-2009, 11:11 AM
Guys thanks for letting me know abut my fitness coach I am really enjoying it so far, I do see what you mean that after a while I will need to switch it up but for now just starting out it's perfect! Thank you again!

melwolfe
05-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Wow, I was up early this morning and went online, they now have much better video of Active Sports, it looks awesome! I can't wait to try it! Maybe I'll start using my balance board a little more again. I just don't get as much out of the Wii Fit at this point. I still do it at least once a week, but it's much too easy for the most part now.

Has anyone else checked it out? You can tailor your workout by selecting which exercises you want to do as well as the intensity of each exercise!

labellaleah
05-08-2009, 03:26 PM
i can't wait for ea sports active to come out. i've been counting down the days quite literally. :lol:

i've been hittin the wii fit every day for the last two weeks. it was gathering dust until last month. i didn't like my fitness coach too much. i still haven't sent it back to gamefly, though. i keep hoping it'll grow on me.

WantingToChange
05-09-2009, 12:05 AM
I love my wii fit! I get on it just before dinner, after dinner, or while I'm cooking and any other time I want or there's nothing on tv. I LOVE the balance games, particularly the soccer, I finally got a perfect score and now I keep repeating it in the beginner and got a perfect score on the advance twice. It has really helped out with back fat. I did it one night for about 45 min and the next 3 days my sides were killing me, but I look so much better. I lost 3 in my waist & 4 in from my belly in a month. The boxing is also great, I have lost over 2 inches in my arms in a month from the boxing and just doing regular walking, no weights. I have tried most of the games, do some yoga and I consistently do 20-30 jacknives with it's counter-activities.
I will get on and spend an hour and not even realize that much time had gone by, I absolutely love it.
I must say though, you won't like it if you aren't motivated! I got it right after Christmas and used it for the first couple of weeks, then didn't touch it. When I started my actual weight loss program, I fell in love with it again and use it all the time. You have to search for what is right for YOU. =)
Please keep my updated on the new things available. I only have what came with it and have been extremely satisfied but I am open to anything else that would make me work even harder. Thanks!

thesimonsens
05-09-2009, 09:21 PM
I love Wii and my WiiFit. I also have the Jillian Michaels game, she likes to make me feel like crap though with her attitude :) I really want My Fitness Coach and Wii Exercise that is going to be coming out

Vivify
05-11-2009, 11:33 PM
:carrot: i just got the golds gym! wow that it fun to! i have to be able to rotate games and have battles with the boyfriend to keep me in to being active! i also can`t wait for the eb active to come out!! woot woot may 19th is soon!!

tenshi
05-12-2009, 04:49 AM
This is a great thread. I love the Wii Fit, it's my main form of exercise when it's too hot to get out of the house with the kids.

Since the Wii isn't region free, I can't use most North American software. We have Family Trainer which just isn't as good as Fitness Trainer I don't think. I have been pretty disappointed in the offerings. But from the recommendations on this thread I looked up the new ones. Gold's Gym won't be offered in Japan but EA Sports Active will! I just preordered mine. :carrot: Woohoo!

nelie
05-12-2009, 08:07 AM
Hi tenshi and welcome.

Being in Japan, I'd expect that you'd have more options! EA Sports will be released here shortly and I'm excited to see the reviews of it.

Misora
05-13-2009, 07:21 PM
I would think that the number of Japanese fitness games would depend on how the Japanese view weightloss. I know diets are big but I'm not sure about excercise once you get out of school. Got to visit a friend of mine in Nagasaki last year and one of the things that struck me was I didn't see any gyms or any joggers even. People looked at us funny for strapping on the tennies and heading out. Course I'm a large caucasian redhead so we got looked at funny plenty anyway ;)

Lissus
05-14-2009, 12:15 AM
Just getting started on my weight loss journey, and have been having a really hard time getting the motivation to exercise. I've been a pretty hard core PC video gamer for years, so picked up the WiiFit today hoping if I meld my beloved games into a workout as well that this might just be the way to get off my butt in front of the computer and up and moving.

I do LOVE the Wii boxing, so after reading all these posts I think I'm going to have to pick up the Golds Gym and My Fitness coach. I've been eyeballing the new EA Sports Active and that's what finally got me into the store for the WiiFit.

I'm excited. I love getting new games (especially with the added bonus of sneaking exercise in) and I needed something to offset my Guitar Hero time :P

sassybangs
05-14-2009, 09:01 AM
kinda late in the game, but...i got the wii fit over a year ago. i hardly ever use it, except to weigh myself, but i barely do that. the fitness game that comes with it is fun for about a week or two, but it gets pretty boring, and there is noooo continuity. you have to stop what youre doing and navigate through the menus everytime you want to do a different routine, or yoga move.

dont waste your money on the jillian michaels game. biggest waste of time. i think i did it twice. i dont need to pay 40 bucks to watch a 3d chick run in place.

but i do like my fitness coach. i only use it for the yoga, havent tried the strength training, or aerobics. but if i do dust off the wiifit, thats the game i always put in.

sidenote** if you dont have a wii, but a different console, i work up quite a sweat on dance dance revolution. they even have calorie burn mode that 'counts' youre calories burned.

just my 2 cents!

melwolfe
05-14-2009, 09:27 AM
That's what I like about the EA active Sports. It shows online that you can customize your workout by picking which activities you want to do and then it just runs through that program.

I don't use the Fit much anymore. I do the cardio boxing and the fitness trainer. I really can't wait until the other one comes out Tuesday, I've been dying to try it for a while now! There are a lot of videos on the trials online and it looks really really good! I also like that you can have 2 people doing it at the same time.

SheilaG
05-14-2009, 10:06 AM
I ordered Golds Gym Cardio Boxing and it arrives today. All of the reviews on it have been really good so I'm looking forward to adding it to my exercise routine.

cutebear09
05-14-2009, 02:59 PM
My cousin just bought it yesterday..I will let ya know if its worth it..I've heard good things about it so far..

Vivify
05-18-2009, 10:40 AM
I am so excited that EA active comes out tomorrow I did not pre order it but I am sure they will have one in when I go to get it! I didn't know that 2 people could do it at the same time! WOW that is kinda cool my boyfriend and I Play the wii fit all the time and have competitions to make it more interesting! I am to stoked that we can play the new EA active together! that is an awsome feature!

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::c arrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

melwolfe
05-18-2009, 10:43 AM
Yeah, my hubby won't work out with me but my daughter will. I already bought the little kit at Gamestop that has a resistance band and leg holster thingy for the nunchuck like what comes with the game.

If I didn't have to work tomorrow I'd be at Walmart at midnight to get the game! I am so excited!

Vivify
05-18-2009, 11:08 AM
Only a few more hours!! You all will have to let me know how you like it as well!! I can't wait to start on it I love getting new games especially ones that motovate me in to excersise since I hate excersise!!! lol:carrot:

Plexi
05-18-2009, 01:46 PM
If you like games that are good for you at the same time try Dance Dance Revolution. I really love it and its similar to step aerobics :3
I have 5 versions of it for the ps2 :D

Lissus
05-18-2009, 10:27 PM
Hit up Game Crazy yesterday, traded in some old games and put EA Sports Active on reserve. Cant wait to pick it up tomorrow. :carrot:

labellaleah
05-19-2009, 02:31 PM
Hit up Game Crazy yesterday, traded in some old games and put EA Sports Active on reserve. Cant wait to pick it up tomorrow. :carrot:

how many games did you have to trade in? i might look into this. i want this game badly but won't have the funds til friday...

melwolfe
05-19-2009, 02:57 PM
Don't know about game crazy but Game Stop has the same program if you go to their website they have a list of acceptable games. You trade in 3 of the games on the list and you get EA Active instead.

Lissus
05-19-2009, 05:40 PM
how many games did you have to trade in? i might look into this. i want this game badly but won't have the funds til friday...

Hard to tell, because we traded a bunch in to put the new Tiger Woods on reserve to. I went the other day because Game Crazy was doing an additional 30% trade in values for MVP members. I ended up getting $32 for Animal Crossing and $23 for Mario/Sonic Olympics along. Toss in some little games like Endless Ocean and Bowling Pinbusters and that covered the Sports Active. (we also put the Tiger woods '10 on reserve)

Well I just went and picked it up. Going to go check it out now. :)

vertigoskyy
05-19-2009, 07:04 PM
I thought I'd mention that if you don't have the money to spend on My Fitness Coach [or you don't have a Wii] & you have a Playstation or Xbox, you can also get Yourself!Fitness. It's pretty much the exact same game, with minor differences. Most reviews I've read have even said Yourself!Fitness is for the most part better than My Fitness Coach. It has more features, the one thing My Fitness Coach has over it is the ability to "earn more gold" & "buy more items". You can get it on Amazon for $12-$20. I've seen them it on ebay for $5 as well. Just thought I'd mention that!

Lissus
05-19-2009, 07:56 PM
Well, I just finished my first workout on the EA Active.

Here's my first review

First.. the "extra" equipment that comes with it.
The band feels pretty flimsy, but the handles are removable, so I may use my own exercise bands with it.
The strap that holds the nunchuk seems like a pretty ingenious idea, but with all the moving around (especially the running) I had the stupid thing fall down my leg probably 5-6 times during the work out, finally ended up ripping the thing off and holding the 'chuck in my hand to finish my laps.
When I tightened it enough to keep it in place I almost felt like I was cutting off circulation a bit. Just not very comfortable. I'll have to play around with it a bit and see if maybe I just didn't have it in the right spot.

Now, onto the good stuff.

I did like the workout. It's definitely not as much fun as the WiiFit. There's no cutesy little voice "ohhhh"ing at you, or fun little games that I've found. This is pretty cut and dried try to repilcatate a personal trainer in your house approach.

I like the menu's. Lot's of options for setting your own goals, programming your own personal workouts (for solo or with a partner), changing music styles, and adding additional exercise (including housework).

A few of the exercises didn't seem to mimic my movements as well as others, but as it was my first time trying it I'm not going to blame it entirely on the software until I've given it a few go's.

My favorite again... the boxing. I'm debating between My Fitnesss Coach and the Gold's Gym for my next purchase. I may have to rent them both first though. I'd like more boxing, but also more yoga since I didn't see anything of that variety in the menus for EA sports active.

Oh well, that's a decision for a different day. I'm off to the showers :D

nelie
05-19-2009, 08:06 PM
I read some online reviews of EA sports and I'm going to wait until winter for it. I've been doing a lot of outdoor exercise lately and I enjoy that a lot. I also have my weight lifting program to follow.

Vivify
05-19-2009, 09:28 PM
Lissus,

Thanks for the mini review! I am picking up the game on friday cause I don't get paid until then! I can not wait to give er a go!! I am totally excited! I will so let you know how I make out with it! Have you tried the 2 player mode yet?

melwolfe
05-19-2009, 10:35 PM
So, I just finished my first workout with EA Active! I really liked it, it's the first one in a while that really made me sweat!

I had to play around with the band a bit to get it comfortable but once I got it in the right place it was good!

I thought it was a great workout and can't wait to "play" some more tomorrow. Got a late start today so didn't really have time for anything except the programmed workout.

Off to bed, have a good one everybody!

Lissus
05-20-2009, 03:19 AM
Lissus,

Thanks for the mini review! I am picking up the game on friday cause I don't get paid until then! I can not wait to give er a go!! I am totally excited! I will so let you know how I make out with it! Have you tried the 2 player mode yet?

I haven't tried two player yet. We just got the WiiFit about a week or so ago and I've been mainly the one "playing" on it, but my other two roommates are starting to get interested too.

labellaleah
05-20-2009, 03:09 PM
thanks for the info about trading in games. i might wait it out til friday and get it. i think my son would hurt me if i traded some of our games in. :lol:

thanks for the reviews, too. i can't wait to try it out.

Lissus
05-22-2009, 06:35 PM
Quick update to my review.

Had no problem with the leg band yesterday.. call it user error. I guess I didn't have it high enough on my thigh during the first workout.

WantingToChange
05-22-2009, 08:52 PM
I am excited to hear more about the EA Active, I am just too cheap to pay that much for a game. I found My Fitness Coach & Golds Gym at Game Stop for $19.99/ea. I'm pretty happy with My Fitness Coach, Golds Gym I think I still need to play around with, not too happy with it at the moment and I LOVE boxing...

wendyland
05-26-2009, 10:20 AM
I just ordered EA Sports Active last night. I can't wait until it gets here. I was waiting to check the reviews. Most people like it. I'll come back and tell everyone how I like it.

I've been playing a lot of guitar hero lately. It's so much fun.

melwolfe
05-26-2009, 10:45 AM
WANTINGTOCHANGE The golds gym starts a little slow. Make sure to take the boxing exams as well as the practice sessions. The intermediate and advanced workouts get harder. Have you started on the ducking yet? The ducking kills me!

dorkabrain
05-27-2009, 02:19 AM
melwolfe: Thanks for the tip about the Gamestop trade-in plan. I wouldn't of been able to afford EA Sports Active without it.

Tried it for the first time tonight. I started the 30 Day challenge on Medium Level and seemed to do pretty well.
Th only issue I have with it right now is that if you include the balance board in your workout, they seem to expect you to take your sneakers on and off depending on what activity you're doing. I thought that would break the workout up too much so I just kept them on.

jenne1017
05-28-2009, 02:14 PM
I love my Wii Fit. I get tired of exercising period so it's not surprising that I do with Wii too. But I can usually get a 30 minute SWEAT filled workout with it.

At first I did it everyday so I'd unlock things. Now that everything is unlocked, I am kinda blase about it. But I still do it! And still love it!

Lissus
05-28-2009, 04:39 PM
Jenne

I haven't even had my WiiFit that long, but I agree, it tends to get a little boring. That's why I mix it up with the EA Sports Active, and will hopefully be picking up My Fitness Coach too.

BTW.. just in case people have missed the thread. There's a Video Game Challenge going on. Hope you can join us.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172469

Plexi
05-28-2009, 09:31 PM
I really think the EA Active game is so totally worth the money you spend on it, so interactive and works well for a person like me who doesnt have time to go to a gym or out for a run. :3

wendyland
05-30-2009, 11:53 AM
I got my Ea sports yesterday. I really like it so far. I did the easiest level since I haven't been very active lately. It pushed me, but not so hard I couldn't handle it. I definitely worked up a sweat. The inline skating was pretty hard. You squat to build up speed downhill & then jump up to jump ramps. My thighs were burning.

There was only like one activity so far that uses the balance board & you can change the settings to not use it if you don't have one.

If you buy this game, I wouldn't recommend also getting my personal trainer. This one would really just replace it, unless you don't like using the controller.

WantingToChange
05-31-2009, 12:58 PM
WANTINGTOCHANGE The golds gym starts a little slow. Make sure to take the boxing exams as well as the practice sessions. The intermediate and advanced workouts get harder. Have you started on the ducking yet? The ducking kills me!

I did the first portion of the punching and "defense" I didn't like the defense AT ALL, I would move the remote as much as possible and it wouldn't connect with the sensor so ti made me really mad. That's the part I don't like. I like the punching though, very helpful to show you the right way to punch too =) Other than that I think I just need to play with it more.
Thank you for the input, I appreciate it!