Old 03-04-2009, 07:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/157/130-135

Height: 66"

Angry Back after a long absence, very upset with myself...

I can't figure out what has happened to my willpower... I've lost the weight before. Even trained to do a figure competition (dropped out when my son had health problems). I've lost the weight, and KEPT IT OFF for over a year. yet now I can't seem to stick to a healthy lifestyle.

I've used all the tools. Food Log, positive reminders, inspirational stories and sayings, putting that favorite outfit I can't fit into in a prominent location, healthy food substitution (60 cal pudding rather than the key lime pie), portion control. But I don't stick to it. I can't get past noon before I've decided against the pineapple/cottage cheese that I LOVE and instead gotten the banana cream pie from the cafeteria.

I'm really disgusted with myself. Came home tonight to chicken and cabbage that I had pre-made and ordered a fricken PIZZA. What the heck was I doing?

I joined a gym after a lengthy absence, and can't even get myself to go once a week.

I'm not depressed, not overly stressed. I'm wayyy busy, but what woman isn't? I have access to everything I need to be successful, I just don't do it!

Help!
aandd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Hey, hugs to you. You can do this if you really want it. It sounds like you know the "tricks of the trade" but what you need is a real commitment and pact with yourself that you are going to make better decisions for a healthier life. It is worth it and you already know that. You have "been there and done that" and it's time for you to make the trip again. This time, buy the 1 way ticket. We are always here for you.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/218/165

Height: 5'9"

YOU CAN DO IT!!!! You sound like me. It is so hard to stick with it. I just love food. If you need a "buddy" to call or email when you are about to eat something bad, let me know. I usually do well all day at work then when I get home I gorge on bad junk food. I lose my will power for some reason. Good luck... you can do it!!!
Ms Fluffernutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:30 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

I can totally relate. I know all the ropes but enforcing them on myself is the problem. Why is it so hard to walk away from the cream pie? As someone posted already you have got to recommit. Pretty soon all that cream pie will be back on your hips and you already know how hard it is to get that off. Get back on track and commit to eating healthy for yourself. I am sure you will feel better inside and out once you do. And remember we all struggle here with food or we wouldn't be here. It's ok to fall off the wagon but the most important thing is to climb back on.

Hugs!!! I know you can do it!!!

Beth
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:04 PM   #5  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Commit! That's what you HAVE to do, or else you will fail. That is the brutally honest truth. You have to do this...no one can do it for you. You must make up your mind that this is what you are GOING to do and no one is going to mess it up, distract you, deter you.

I've found that it helps me, since I'm pretty competitive, to compete with someone else who wants to be equally committed....and make the stakes (if you lose) high! If I don't lose the greatest amount of weight, I have to make the drive to see my friend, who lives 12 hours away. If she loses, she must make the drive to come visit me. I've already made the drive twice (with two children).....it's her turn! So, I've committed that she's going to NOT BE the biggest loser!

You gotta commit....and that's gotta come from you! We'll encourage you the best we can, but you gotta find the strength within yourself to committ....and surrounding yourself with a good support group wouldn't hurt, too (yes, that's what we are too, but we can only be that if you decide to come here.....you need support that is physically around you).

Hope to see you back around here...a lot!

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 03-05-2009 at 12:04 PM.
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi aandd,
I know exactly where you're at, cause I'm there too. I too have done the weight loss, weight training thing and won the battle before. But now I can't seem to get with it again. From Nov-Feb I was in job that was very stressfull, caused me to gain 15lbs and left no time for exercising at all. I was lucky I found time to do laundry! For the sake of my health though I left my job on 2/27 and am now in the process of seeking another. I'm doing my part by getting my name out there.

So now that I'm settling into unemployment I have no excuses. I'm starting tomorrow on getting myself on a routine of a clean diet and exercise.

Once I get started and get going I'll be fine though. So what if you try setting an appointment with yourself for the exercise. Set it in your cellphone, email calander or something. Shred the take out menu's and etc. If the temptation isn't there it's like jumpstarting your willpower, for me anyway. Once I'm away from it for awhile, the cravings and desire for it just seem to go away.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 172/148/143

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back and good luck. 3FC is a great site for support and peeps in the same boat. We'll get there.
risab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:53 PM   #8  

I'll tell you what works for me- public commitment. What I mean by that is blogging. Start a blog about your journey. It doesn't matter if anyone reads it. The point is that you say 'out loud' what you are going to do then you feel more pressure to keep the commitment when you might otherwise give up.

Now, this is not to say that I always publically commit. Right now I haven't and I know that's because I'm hedging against failure. I need to take some of my own advice as I'm stalling out right now too. I'm doing okay on food but only because I'm terrified to go back over 200 again and disappoint myself. It's the exercise that I've lost sight of- and I need to get back to that again!

Good luck to you and the rest of us. We're all here because even though we fall down, we want to get back up again.
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote