South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-04-2009, 07:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 339.2/327.6/175

Height: 5'10"

Default Kashi Frozen Entrees

Does anyone know if these would be considered on program? From what I can tell they have whole grains as their main carb. I didn't see any enriched flour or potatoes in them.

Has anyone used them successfully OP?
MomPOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Most of the Kashi frozen meals are SBD friendly, and I have used them occasionally. I love, love, love their thin crust pizzas! Just be sure to check the ingredients.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:22 PM   #3  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I frequently eat the thin crust Roasted Vegetable pizza. I love it!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:29 PM   #4  

I know the pizzas are SBD friendly but I wasn't sure about their entree meals. There is NO high fructose corn syrup in them but a couple of them have evaporated cane juice/crystals but those are in the pizzas too.

I love that they use all natural ingredients and I can actually tell what is in it. I'm really happy to know that I have something quick and simple for a lunch or dinner. Add a salad and I'm good to go.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:15 AM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

I've eaten the meals on several occasions. There are some that are more sugary than others (like the Black Bean Mango, which has evaporated cane juice, apple juice concentrate, and mango juice concentrate, with a total 11g of sugar) and so I've avoided those (sadly, many are the veggie options!), but overall they are SBD-safe and really delicious. My favorite so far is the Lemongrass Coconut Chicken.

I especially love having the Kashi Pilaf available in a frozen form...I wish they offered it on it's own. I think I might have seen the pilaf in pouch form (like the rice pouches that you can microwave in 90 secs.), though. It's really delicious, but when you make it at home, it takes a really long time.

As an aside, if you go to http://www.kashi.com/picturehunt you can get a coupon for a free entree.

Last edited by beachgal; 03-05-2009 at 10:21 AM.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:29 AM   #6  

Thanks for the link for the coupon Laurie. I had noticed that some had more juices than others. I'll be sure to avoid those. I have seen the pilaf in pouches but I don't see them everywhere. They may be hard to find. I know on their site they have a function to search for stores that carry it. Hopefully there is something near you.

WOW! I just looked at your stats. That's amazing. Did you lose it all with SBD? I can't imagine losing over 100#s. Congrats to you!
Old 03-05-2009, 11:18 AM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Thanks for confirming the pouch siting, MP! I hope I can find them again in my area. I'll check the website.

for the lovely encouragement. Yes, I lost all of it (and more, originally) on SBD. I lost around 130 lbs in 2004-2005, then maintained for about a year before I gained 40 of it back. I've lost about 20 of that now and am working my way back downward with a lot of new insight.

You can definitely lose 100 lbs and more. We have lots of chicks in the maintainers forum who've lost much more than I have, and others who lost as much and have maintained it for years and years. They are my idols and such an inspiration to me!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:28 AM   #8  

Well, now you're *MY* idol and inspiration!!! I'd love to see some pics of your progress so I can see what I can look forward to.