WW Clubs and Groups - #211 Bale of Turtles Hoping for Spring!

Itryharder
03-04-2009, 04:52 PM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
03-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Hi Turtles,
Just as I was going to start a new thread, Princess chimed in with a nice long message. Please check back on #210 to read what she had to say.

Keep on keepin' on!
Judy 234.6/215.8/214 onward and downward to onederland :bravo:

Princess1122
03-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Morning all and happy Thursday to everyone! Warmer here today and supposed to be in the 70's on Saturday, that is wonderful! Helps to pick up the spirits when it is warmer out I think.

My TOM had the nerve to arrive yesterday so I am not holding out huge hopes for my first W/I on Saturday but that is ok, I feel better now that I am back on track with my eating that is huge for me.

Judy: I know how you feel and I am sorry that you did not get the results at W/I that you had hoped... it will be better next week!

Bandit: How are you doing these days... tell me a bit about your boot camp.

Lauren: How are you doing?

Talk soon,
Princess

Itryharder
03-05-2009, 10:27 AM
:bravo: Princess, I am so glad you're on track and feeling better. Weigh to go. Hopefully TOM will subside a bit to let you see some progress on the scale. I bet it will.

Today I am working on including milk and healthy oil in my food plan and being consistent with all the other things I do well. Also==and this is big--I am getting through the day without weighing myself just in case I was allowing a weight loss during the week to "set myself up" for allowing more food or even small binges.

Take care and be well and keep on chiming in!
Judy
234.6/215.8/214 and thinner into onederland :cool:

bandit2
03-05-2009, 11:11 AM
Morning, turtles:

Judy - it is so hard to stay focussed all the time & I know how it feels when you expect to be down then show even a tiny gain. But, you are doing great with getting back on things. Have a nice loss this week!

Princess - glad to see you back with us & great you are back at WW. You have done fabulous in the past & for sure, can do it again. Good luck with things. As far as bootcamp - I really enjoyed it. His main tips were to focus on getting fit & weight loss would come. Find exercise you enjoy & try to better yourself gradually. Stay away from fast food. I watch the show all the time, so really was excited to meet him & got to give him a big hug before leaving.

As for myself, I am doing pretty good. I was down .75# this week & that makes a total of 22.5# down since mid September. I am wearing some clothes I haven't been able to for quite awhile & that feels wonderful.
Really, gives you a boost & incentive to stay on track.

But, as we know it is hard to follow any plan day in & day out. So, just doing the best I can but enjoying myself along the way.

Hope all of you have a great OP week!

LaurenH
03-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Welcome back, Princess -- so good to see you posting again! Good for you, stopping at 30 pounds instead of the 60 I regained. My goal is to get to the point where I stop gains before they reach 5 pounds. I know one woman who has lost about 100 pounds and has kept it off now for more than 10 years. She stops any gains of a pound or less! She's very vigilant. I'm trying to learn from her.

So glad you've got a new project, too. That certainly takes some of the financial pressure off, doesn't it?

Bandit, you're rockin'! Fitting into smaller clothes is such a boost; good for you!!

Judy, sounds like not weighing yourself during the week would be a good idea, if that's part of what's making you sabotage yourself. Is there anyone in your life that doesn't really want you to lose weight? Or are there some negative results you envision if you lost weight? I'm asking this because it does seem that you do sabotage yourself. Part of you really, really wants to lose, and part of you doesn't. That's a tough place to be. {{HUGS}} You're such a sweetie, I so want you to do well.

As for me, I think my re-gains haven't been so much due to a conflict within but rather just a gradual lapsing of good habits into old bad ones. It's so easy to return to food when stressed or down or bored; it's very, very old ingrained behavior for me, since I was a child. But I'm more like Princess; when I re-gain, I re-gain a lot. Not necessarily quickly -- it took me about 3 years to put back on 60 pounds -- but steadily. I think I just go into denial mode: It's just a few extra bites. It's just a slightly larger serving. It's just one extra snack. It's just one day. It's just one week. It's just one clothing size. It's just 5, 10, 20, 50 pounds ... I still haven't figured out how I manage to let this happen to the degree that I do, but I need to stop it.

On a bright note, I hit VIRGIN FAT TERRITORY today!!!! Finally lost the last of my re-gain and am now entering numbers I haven't seen for 20 years -- I'm so geeked! :D It took me just under a year to do it, and I'm a month ahead of schedule; I had hoped to hit this point in time for our anniversary next month. Hooray!!

Also, today in our back yard I saw a robin! In Michigan, that counts as the first sign of spring. Never mind that our weather won't cooperate for at least another month.

Parents are visiting and househunting. I hope they can find a good place; it will be good to finally have them nearby.

Have a great day, turtles.

Princess1122
03-06-2009, 03:50 PM
Hi all and Happy Friday! Still hanging in there with my eating, not expecting much at W/I this week but that is ok, I am back on track and feeling pretty good. DH and DS joined with me last Saturday so this time around I have company.

Lauren: Congrats! I am thrilled for you!

Bandit: Great job! Boy you have really turned this thing around for yourself, what a huge accomplishment!

Judy: You are doing great, just keep at it. I agree with Lauren though, we both need to figure out why we do what we do.

Have a great weekend all!

Princess1122
03-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Morning all and happy Saturday to everyone! I am heading out to go to W/I and a meeting then a day full of errands and chores but I wanted to pop in and see what is going on.

Had a really good week food wise but did not get in any real exercise, walked a whole lot more then I had been with starting the new job this week so that helped a bit. With my TOM I am not expecting much but that is ok, I am looking forward to going and attending the meeting and basically just being back on the program and that is enough for the first week even with out a huge loss.

It is very warm here! We actually have windows open at 8:00 AM! I had them open last evening also to air out the house, funny how the odors really build up over the winter with everything being closed up.

Talk soon!

Itryharder
03-07-2009, 05:40 PM
Hi Turtles,
Bandit, :goodscale: again! Wow!!! I am so happy for you and I want what you've got.. Weigh to go. :bravo: So glad you joined TOPS and the gym and you're making this work. Many congrats on fitting into smaller clothes. Isn't that the best? I remember that feeling and I want it back.

Princess, so glad you're back and posting. As far as why we allow ourselves to sabotage, well--if I knew the answer to that I could probably sell it for a million bucks. What I know about myself is that I am a Weight Watcher--on maintenance! LOL, but not funny. My weight has not returned to the high of 234.6#, but I haven't been losing the way I know I can. If I eat properly, track, and exercise, I can lose a steady pound a week. Now the tricky part is to do it. I sabotaged myself again on Friday with a dopey food item. I didn't have what I wanted for lunch (corned beef on rye==I would have watched the portion) but had an old CORE standby of split pea soup. Well, the dopey soup is 6 points and I wasn't aware of that. For the rest of the day I kept banging my head against the wall, well not really but you know what I mean.
And then-----I ate many more points than I had available.
This morning I planned out a low point day and it's 4:30 pm and I'm sticking to it. I'll do the same tomorrow. Also got on :tread:

Now my challenge as Lauren mentioned is to figure out why I keep on allowing the sabotage. I have gotten so much stronger, my dh is considerate and not a saboteur, and I think I just need to work this one day at a time. The time to stop a relapse is before it happens, and I'm very good at having fruit and veggies in the house for snacking and meals, etc. In other words, I'm doing a lot right but it's not enough to counter the bad slips I have.
I'm promising myself and you that I'll work on this to get the intended results.
I may need to catch a meeting on Monday if I'm still shaky. Interestingly enough a close friend at WW's mentioned that all day Tuesday she's crazy with food--we WI on Wed., and I thought I was the only one who did that. Okay, now I feel better. I'm having a great day and I send you all :goodvibes: and good luck.

Lauren :cp: :bravo: :cheer: :dance: :dancer: :carrot:
Weigh to go! It is wonderful that you've reached your goal of Virgin Fat Territory and that you're early!!! Who wudda thunk it? Weigh to go! I'm so glad you're chiming in here and helping us all. You make me think and that's a good thing. :cheers:
Judy
234.6/215.8/214 and into onederland by August!

Itryharder
03-08-2009, 01:52 PM
Hi Turtles,
A positive message from me: Yesterday was a wonderful day. Today I have my food planned out again including milk products (which I had ignored in the past). I plan on getting on the :tread: today again and I have a mini project that I'm going to start on to keep me busy and away from food. How's that? :bravo:

Let me hear about the good things you're doing!
Fondly, Judy
234.6/215.8/214/ and into onederland by July 4th. :cool:

bandit2
03-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Hi turtles:

Princess - hope your weigh in was good & great you are back on track with the programme.

Judy - Baby steps! Keep it going. Remember small changes = big results
in the longrun. We all know you can do this & so do you. Hope you have a great week!

Lauren - Virgin fat, WOW!!

I got in a 2 mile walk yesterday, my knee has been abit sore but still OK to walk & the hot-tub afterwards feels great. Did some cooking today for the upcoming week. Beef stew, bbq ribs, coleslaw and a jello for night-time snacks with frozen yogurt - really hits the spot with a cup of tea & keeps me away from the crunchy snacks I love. My friend came over yesterday & we ended up ordering a pizza for supper, and boy that was wonderful. We ordered the thin crust & it isn't really all that bad point-wise considering it was supper & not just a snack.

We are suppose to get freezing rain from midnight through until morning, so the drive in tomorrow will probably be quite bad, so I will go with another co-worker who doesn't mind driving in that crap.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

Princess1122
03-09-2009, 12:37 PM
Morning all and happy monday to everyone! I am sleepy today, would not think that an hour could make that much of a different but it seems to for me. How was everyones weekend?

W/I was not at all like I hoped it would be... I was up a pound... ugh!

I have to run, busy day today, will hop back on later.

Itryharder
03-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Hi Turtles,
Okay Princess, this is the "ultimate unfair" to be OP and TOM and have a gain. Ugh. All I can say is that your next WI will be good. :goodscale: :bravo: for getting back on program and doing the right thing for yourself.

Bandit, you go girl! Thanks for the encouragement and support. It helps! :goodvibes:

Lauren, okay--come on--please brag just a smidge more so we can enjoy the Virgin Fat Territory acclaim you've reached. :cp: :dance: :carrot:

After a really crummy FRiday that was ridiculous, I started talking to myself, wrote down the food I wanted to eat, and have done very very well. Today a trip to the dentist helped me stay on track more than I wanted to. LOL. I needed a filling replaced and the doc wanted me to not eat until dinnertime. Usually she says to wait about half an hour and then it's okay to chew. Well, I scarfed down a WW yogurt and chewed some Boars Head turkey on the "other " side of my mouth and now I'm about to eat dinner for real. I feel great and am noticing some behaviors that have been sabotaging myself. For instance, every time I enter the kitchen I look for something to eat---it doesn't matter that it's healthy, the kitchen itself is the prompt to eat. Not smart. But I'm proud of myself for recognizing what has been happening. Please wish me well. Tomorrow , Tuesday, has been a tough day for me in the past so I'm counting on eating well and having a good WI.

Okay===:goodvibes: and :cheer: to us all!
Judy
234.6/215.8/214/thinner into onederland :Cool:

Itryharder
03-10-2009, 09:20 AM
Hi Turtles,
Well, my infamous Tuesday is here. I am determined to eat well today and have a great WI tomorrow. I'll have to watch it because my grandson may be here for awhile and if so we often go out to eat or order in food since he's a picky eater. I need to gear up for that! Just checking in to say hello and see how everyone's doing.
We've got a nice sunny day here and I hope the sun is shining where you are too!
Judy
234.6/215.8/214/thinner into onederland :cool:

LaurenH
03-10-2009, 05:37 PM
Hang in there, Judy -- hope you're happy with the choices you make on Terrible Tuesday! You're certainly doing well with the exercise; I need to take a page out of your book on that. I'm always finding great reasons not to do it.

Princess, want us to come over and drive over your scales a few times for you? :P I'm finding that my good and bad behaviors don't show up right away on the scale; sometimes it can take even a couple of weeks. Very weird. It pays to persevere, but what a pain. Well, I'm pulling for you. I know how hard it is to get going again, especially when you don't see the results you were hoping for.

Bandit, good going on the walk; sorry about the freezing rain. Blech! I'd take snow over ice any time.

Up a pound, but I'm ignoring it. I'm getting excited about my next goal, since that will be my 100-pound mark from my highest point 10+ years ago now. And I'll also officially just be overweight instead of obese! This time I WILL get there.

Parents are visiting again; they made an offer on a condo, and the seller refused to even make a counter offer. My parents' offer was consistent with what the market is right now, but the sellers obviously haven't quite caught up with reality. It's too bad; the condo was perfect for my folks. So back to the drawing board. No idea how long they'll be staying, but of COURSE we just had another domestic problem -- this time it's the fridge that went blooey. The repair guy is due to arrive at any moment. This winter has been nothing short of amazing on the domestic disaster front, and ALL of the problems have occurred while we've had house guests!!

Well, have a great day, everyone. Spring is coming, and we can all be a bit healthier and thinner when it does!

ladynredd
03-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Hi, Turtles, I hope you will allow me to join y'all ... I just rejoined WW today after about 4 years away and, like several of you, gained back all the weight I had lost, PLUS. I have some medical issues now that I didn't have before that I'm taking medication for, which is good, but it has the side effect of stimulating my appetite, which is not so good. I just threw up my hands there for a while and thought oh, what's the use? But I'm tired of feeling bad about myself and having my back and knees hurt and if I do need surgery, the first thing any surgeon is going to say is LOSE WEIGHT!!

So right now I'm in that stage where I'm very excited about WW, trying to do everything "right" and re-learn the points values for the foods we commonly eat. DH is also a plus-size person, did WW in the past and lost 75 lbs (which he regained when he stopped going to meetings.) While he's not going to meetings with me, he will benefit from my new way of cooking and still remembers a lot of what he learned and is very supportive.

A bit about me: late 50's, about a year into my second marriage. I have two sons and have a good relationship with one and a troubled relationship with the other. Hoping that that will improve ... I work from home doing broadcast captioning for the deaf, so don't get much social interaction. My favorite hobbies are quilting, reading, and traveling with my husband. In the past, exercise has been my biggest challenge when it comes to living a healthy lifestyle.

Congratulations to everyone who is plugging along, whether the scale shows a loss this week or not.

I'll check in soon!
Donna

Itryharder
03-10-2009, 09:56 PM
:welcome3: Donna,
Glad to have you posting here. We're a really supportive group and we're all making some strides now. I'm in my mid-sixties, a retired elementary teacher and former home economist. I've been struggling for a long time and although I never went back to my highest weight, I am very close to getting 20# off. My yo yo tactics are enabling me to maintain but not lose. This week I employed some stricter guidelines for myself and I've started back on the :tread: so I'm hoping for a good WI tomorrow.
Welcome to you, thanks for letting us know something about yourself, keep on keepin' on, and good luck! I like your spirit.
Judy
234.6/215.8/214 and thinner into onederland :cool:

Itryharder
03-11-2009, 06:21 PM
Hi Turtles,
I got through my terrible Tuesday!! :bravo: It wasn't easy and I did eat a little more than I expected, but the results were fine. I am at my lowest weight in a very long time.
I lost three pounds this week after a month of small gains, etc. So I overshot my short term goal of 214# and went down to 212.8# Yay!

Okay, my new challenge is to keep this off and lose another pound this week. By the way, I'll be in upstate NY with my ds and his family for a couple of days and will be back for the weekend with them and I'll be very busy. Please send :goodvibes: to me because with the kids here and a party on Saturday and lots of chaos I'll need all the help I can get!

Lauren, oh my goodness! What's going on with your house? I think you and dh deserve a break in the "need repairs" department. And you're right, it's always with guests in the house. Ugh. Sorry your folks didn't get the condo they wanted. Perhaps something else good will come up soon. Best wishes to all of you.

Princess and Bandit, I'm really running but wanted to say hello and also to our newbie, Donna. Welcome and keep on keepin' on!
Judy
234.6/212.8/210 next short term goal! :cool:

ladynredd
03-11-2009, 08:46 PM
It's me again, just wanted to check in and say hello.

I continue to make progress in small ways. DH and I took his mom out to lunch today -- my first experience with eating out and it wasn't as big a challenge as I thought it would be. We went to IHOP, where breakfast, lunch and dinner are served 24/7, and I chose from the "lighter fare" menu and had a very nice spinach, mushroom and swiss cheese omelette made with egg substitute. It came with a bowl of fruit instead of french fries, and I added two slices of dry rye toast. Quite filling and DH paid me the compliment of noticing I was making healthier choices.

Today I ordered a replacement for my "Walk Off the Weight at Home" VHS tape -- still have the tape, but the VCR isn't set up! Instead I ordered a DVD by the same lady, Leslie Sansone, but this one allows you to go 5 miles instead of 4. It should arrive tomorrow and I'll start exercising -- every other day at first until I build some stamina and get over the sore muscles, then I will increase frequency and duration.

I also did something today that I've been delaying for months -- set up an appointment with a new GYN. Frankly, I would have continued to procrastinate but was informed today, after days of telephone tag, that a prescription I've taken for a long time to control bleeding would not be renewed and that I needed to find a CA doctor. (Original prescription was from Ohio.) The doctor who was recommended to me had moved from my community to Palm Springs, about 45 minutes away, but I persevered through several telephone calls and now have an appointment for Friday. I need to set up an appointment to have my teeth cleaned, too, but that will have to wait until next month or I won't have any $$ to pay the bill!

Have to go see if my chicken livers have defrosted, so I'll close. "talk" to you tomorrow!

Donna

Itryharder
03-11-2009, 11:56 PM
Donna, you're off to a great start!!! :cp: :woo: :bravo:
Judy
234.6/212.8/210 :cool: getting closer to onederland

bandit2
03-12-2009, 12:11 PM
Hi turtles:

Donna - welcome to our group, these are a great group of ladies with lots of knowledge & support.

Judy - congrats to you !! Awesome weight loss & keep it going for next week. Good for you!

Lauren - too bad about your house problems. Always something when you are a property owner, but the timing couldn't be worse when having guests.
Hang in there - it can only get better.

Princess - hope you are staying OP.

As for myself, I maintained this week at Tops & was lucky to have done that since I overdid it on the weekend. And this Sat I have another party & really have to behave. Got in 8 miles of walking this past week, so was pleased with that.

Keep it going!

Princess1122
03-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Hi all and happy Friday! It has been a really good week for me with food and with my new job I am much more active, got on the scale a couple of mornings this week to make sure that I was moving in the right direction and if not then I would review and see what I was doing wrong... the scale is moving downward so that makes me happy and I am looking forward to W/I tomorrow morning!

Judy: Congrats! I am thrilled for you!

bandit: Maintaining is ok! You have done so well since you have been back on track!

Donna: Welcome! We are thrilled to have you with us... chicken livers? Are those point friendly? Just curious as we are always looking for new foods here.

Lauren: How are you doing these days?

Ariana: Would love to hear from you!

Talk soon and have a super weekend!

ladynredd
03-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Morning, everyone! Hope everybody's weekend is off to a fabulous start. I've had a good low-point breakfast of an apple and 1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese and I'm sipping from a big glass of water, made more interesting with a teensy splash of cranberry juice.

Princess, chicken livers are 2 points for 1/2 cup. What you have to watch out for is how you cook them -- I went ahead and used a teaspoon olive oil to saute them with the onions. You could probably use a nonstick pan and some cooking spray but I hadn't had any oil that day so that's how I got it in.

Had a busy day yesterday, which started with an 8 a.m. appointment at a women's clinic for a Pap smear. It's run by a certified nurse midwife, nice lady, who renewed my prescription, set me up for a free mammogram next week, and gave me a number to call to see if I qualify for something called a Medically Indigent Services Program. I have a strong emotional reaction to that word "indigent" -- to me, that's people begging on the streets in India. Now THEY were indigent. But the simple fact is that I have no health insurance and there are things that most people consider routine, like having my teeth cleaned, that I've neglected doing for several years. So I need to swallow my pride (instead of food, ha ha) and make the call and see if I qualify.

Yesterday evening DH and I had dinner with my youngest son. His fiance-to-be wasn't feeling well so didn't come. He's bought the ring!! and plans to "pop the question" in June. Wedding won't be for a couple of years, until he graduates from college, but he warned me to get started on that wedding quilt. I'll need to look through my patterns, see which appeal most to me, and give him 3 or 4 to choose from.

I didn't do as well on my food choices as I hoped to, but didn't totally blow it ... I had a bowl of WW cabbage soup before son arrived, as he was running late and I was getting really hungry. Ate about twice as many tortilla chips as I had planned, but chose chicken fajitas as they had no cheese, and only used one corn tortilla. So I ended up going over my total points for the day by 3 or 4 but those come out of my weekly points, right? I still have 31 of those left for the rest of the week.

Don't have any big plans for the weekend so I should be able, please God, to get several hours of sewing (quilting) in. I have to produce 100 little mini 9-patches by Friday and I've barely started. Someone chain me to the sewing machine!

Princess1122
03-16-2009, 09:06 AM
Morning all and happy Monday to everyone! I had a fabulous W/I on Saturday morning! Down 7.2 lbs!!! I was thrilled and it really motivated me to keep it going. DS was down 4.2 and DH was down a whopping 11 lbs... and DH did not ever TRY to follow the plan... ugh! But I was thrilled with mine and that is all I am looking at right now. Got a mini walk in but that is about it as I had a ton of errands to run.

Donna: Thanks for the info! I would love to learn how to quilt!

Judy: How was your weekend?

Lauren: How are you doing these days... spring is on the way to the midwest and you have to love that!

Bandit: How are you doing with TOPS these days? Stilling enjoying it?

Have to run,
Princess

LaurenH
03-16-2009, 12:26 PM
WOW, Princess, what a great loss! You must be thoroughly geeked! Good for you. Glad to hear the new job is going well, too; that must be a relief.

Donna, welcome to the Turtles! It's lovely to meet you. I'm glad you're able to get some medical care in spite of the insurance situation.

Bandit, VERY impressed with your walking. Wow. As always, you're an inspiration.

Judy, WTG on getting through your terrible Tuesday successfully! How did the rest of your week go?

My folks left on Friday so we had the weekend to ourselves. Shopped on Saturday (I desperately needed undergarments) and did taxes on Sunday. It was good to just sleep in, etc.

I'm up a half pound but I'm NOT updating my sig! It's probably just my usual hormonal fluctuations, since I didn't do anything differently and I tend to lose poorly or not at all the week after TOM. Yes, I know I'm weird.

I bought a pair of size 16, non-stretch jeans on eBay (LL Bean), and they fit fine! That's my NSV for today. It's so good to be out of the plus sizes.

Have a great day, everyone.

bandit2
03-16-2009, 06:09 PM
Hi turtles:

Princess - WOW, what a loss!! Fabulous - off to a great start.

Judy - hope you are staying on track over the weekend.

Lauren - that little gain is probably as you said hormonal & you will be back down in no time.

Donna - glad to see you chiming in!

Busy weekend up here for me - gf came to visit Fri & stayed for dinner, mom came to visit Sat afternoon & I had a birthday party to go to Sat night, so yesterday did abit of housework, shopping and resting. Extra long weekend for me since I already had Fri off & took today as holiday, so nice break was great.

Did OK with my menu, but not great with the party etc but no use complaining, just have to get back at it & go from there.

Today was a nice sunny day which was welcome for a change.

Have a great week, everyone!

Itryharder
03-16-2009, 06:58 PM
Wowsie wowsie!!!! :bravo: :cp: :woo:
I had a great weekend and no time to write right now, but I had to chime in and bravo Princess for her wonderful weight loss. Yahoo-=--you're back on track. Weigh to go Princess.
Judy

Princess1122
03-17-2009, 06:14 PM
Hi all and happy St Pattys day to you all. I had the day off today, as some of you know my son got into trouble down at college a few months ago, today was his court date so I was down in southern Indiana for that. We actually left last night and stayed in a hotel since he had to be to the court house at 8:00 am this morning and it is a four hour drive from here. It turned out as well as can be expected, since this is his first time getting into trouble as an adult the judge gave him a one year period of withheld judgement, if he does not get into trouble for one whole year, no trouble AT ALL then everything goes away. If he does get into trouble then the deal is off. He has since moved home and applied to a couple of colleges closer to home and been accepted a two of them. The one that he wants to go to is still an hour away and would most likely require living on campus, I am not thrilled with that choice since this next year is hugely important but will just have to see.

Bandit: good luck at your w/i this week, I sure hope that you do great.

Judy: good luck at your w/i tomorrow!

Lauren: you sound busy! I agree with you and bandit, it is those nasty hormones!

Donna: how are you doing so far this week?

Have to run, super tired, that trip was very hard on my back and I am sore and ready to call it a day, have some pork on the grill for supper as it is super sunny and warm here today.

Princess

ladynredd
03-17-2009, 09:39 PM
Congratulations, Princess, on a great weight loss!! I know we're not supposed to focus exclusively on the scale but it sure feels good when it registers a big loss like that.

I'm glad things seem to be heading in the right direction with your son. I have a "problem child" too and while he hasn't gotten involved with the law he certainly makes lots of decisions that I don't approve of! Some have been so dreadful they started to affect how I felt about him ... I'm working on that ...

I have corned beef bubbling away in the crockpot and it smells delicious. Mid-afternoon found me wandering into the kitchen "just looking" and thinking longingly of a potato with lots of butter -- I know potatoes are fine but they're on the menu for dinner and I shouldn't have them twice a day. Danger, danger, Will Robinson!! :eek: Choices are limited here as I won't do grocery shopping until tomorrow. So I pulled out that old standby, a can of green beans, and ate the whole thing along with a tbsp. of lite Italian dressing. Will hold me until dinner and I feel pretty good about making a healthy choice.

Mother-in-law is joining us for dinner so I better go get the dining table cleaned off. It tends to be a dumping place for mail, etc., a bad habit DH and I both engage in, and if I don't clean off a place for her she might think she's not really welcome!

Itryharder
03-17-2009, 10:33 PM
Hi Turtles,
Oh Princess, I'm so glad the judge reached the decision he did. Your son deserves a second chance. God bless! And good for you for helping him get through this. :grouphug:

Donna, you are one busy lady! Here's :goodvibes: that the medical news comes your way and you can get the health care you want. I love to quilt too, so it will be fun comparing notes with you.

Bandit, you make me so happy with the exercise and all!
Weigh to go! And maintaining this week after all you've lost is perfectly acceptable. I know what you mean though, because you want to keep on losing. Keep it up for a :goodscale: next week.

Lauren, I know you've gone through this before with a small weight gain, etc. However, you sound like you know what it is this time and it's given you a sense of balance about what you're achieving. Weigh to go! You've done great and your numbers are outstanding. :cp: :bravo:

I;ve had a good week, but I'm not sure that I even maintained, much less lost weight. With the St. Patty's Day party and then being away for four days and relying on fast food places (even though I made great choices) I don't know what to expect. I'll chime in tomorrow to let you know how I did. I really want to reach onederland. Good luck to us all!
Judy
234.6/213.8/210 and then thinner into onederland :cool:

Princess1122
03-18-2009, 09:03 AM
Morning all and happy hump day! Very tired today even though I went to bed at a decent time, I guess I just don't travel as well as I used to. I did really well with eating while away from home. DS and I packed snacks and drinks for the trip and to have in the hotel, we ate at the hotel breakfast bar but had cereal, toast and milk and pointed them all out. On the way home in the afternoon we went out of our way to find an Applebee's for lunch, I was disappointed though as they did not have as many WW selections as they used to. So, the scale is still moving downward when I checked this morning but it is slow this week as I expect it to be after a big loss last week.

Donna: Love corned beef, I did one a couple of weeks ago in the crock pot and it was wonderful!

Judy: Good luck today, I am sure that you will do well!

Have a great day all!

Itryharder
03-18-2009, 02:35 PM
Hi Turtles,
Well, I'm back from my WW WI and I stayed the same! Since I had lost three pounds last week and I ate under my points on many days to do so, I am thrilled. I also had a crazy week with my ds and his family coming in on Friday night, party on Saturday, party on Sunday, and traveling with them putting me away from home for parts of 4 days. Egads. But I did it! I kept my weight loss off and now I plan to get another pound gone. Enough about me.

Princess, I know what you mean about Applebee's. For some reason on the menu locally they have interspersed the WW selections throughout the huge menu and it made it very difficult to find the foods I wanted. They also eliminated the cake with raspberry sauce and I don't know about anything else. You are doing so great and I'm so happy that you're making the effort to stay on track and do the right things for yourself. :cp: :bravo:

Lauren, isn't it great that you're ahead of yourself in losing weight. Is your :hb: coming up soon? Weigh to go!

Bandit, how's the food this week? Do you still exercise with buddies at the gym, or are you working out by yourself?

Donna, how was the corned beef? I had a deli here cook for my St. Patty's party on Saturday since I had been traveling with my ds and his children. It was okay, but honestly I'm a better cook. LOL. In a very good way it worked out perfectly since I gave away the leftovers and they weren't tempting! :chef:

All goes well here. I am planning my foods for today to make sure I keep on track and I plan to get on the :tread: even though it is sunny and brisk outside.

Take it easy, be well and happy, and chime in. We've got a great group going here! :grouphug:
Judy
234.6/212.8/210 and thinner into onederland :cool:

bandit2
03-19-2009, 10:11 AM
Morning, turtles:

Princess - good news for your son, one less thing for you to worry about now.
That was good planning for being away & will definately help at the scales.
Good for you!

Donna - that corned beef really sounds yummy. I have never done one in the crockpot - do you add anything else? How long do you cook, etc?
That would be really good with some cabbage & potatoes.

Judy - good job on the maintaining & good luck next week at the scale.

Last night I made fries from yam & cooked on my George Foreman after my chicken & they were very good. Also added broccoli slaw over my salad & that made it nice & crunchy.

I was down 1.25# last night & that makes my total 23.75# so was happy with that. Didn't get in as many walks this week since it is March break & the centre was packed with kids. But, will get my butt back in gear this week for sure.

Things are warming up so that is a nice change - actually in the 30's so feels like spring is in the air.

Anyway, everyone have a great day!

Itryharder
03-19-2009, 10:28 AM
Hi Turtles,
Bandit!!!!! Weigh to go! :bravo: :goodscale: :cp: You are doing so great. You are closing in on 25# down. I love that you are determined, figured out what to do, and put this in place instead of the yo-yoing you and I had been doing. I'm watching your lead and am doing the same thing! Begone to yo yos and hello to real weight loss! Weigh to go. Very exciting.

I've got a busy weekend ahead, but it should all be doable. I've planned meals for today and that's what helped these last couple of weeks. Take care, be well and happy and keep on keepin' on.
Judy

Princess1122
03-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Hi all! Doing good here with my eating, I still need to get walks in, just have not found the time lately... that is something that I really need to work on. Work is stressful right now with lots of dead lines and pressure but it all the good kind so far.

Bandit: Bravo! You go! and keep on going... lol.

Judy: Bravo to you too!

Donna: How are you doing with your eating this week? Do you follow the points plan on WW or do the old core plan?

ladynredd
03-19-2009, 05:13 PM
Hi, turtles! We're thundering right along -- congrats, Bandit, on your loss this weight and I deserve a yahoo or two for my four-pound weight loss! The leader at today's meeting was a "mere slip of a girl" perhaps 40 years old, very high energy, good sense of humor. I really liked her! I think this will be my home meeting from now on -- I have to work every other Tuesday and I want to weigh in on the same day each week.

Going to try ground lamb patties today for my new food (or recipe) of the week. I really tend to get in a rut with what I eat and I hope trying out one or two new things each week will keep boredom at bay.

Um ... corned beef in the crockpot ... easy peasy. I just plopped it in with water to cover, simmered it for a couple hours, then tasted the broth and realized it was very spicy and DH would not enjoy that. So I drained off all the broth, rinsed the beef well, and added new water. I guess it simmered for about 6 hours in all and was so tender it was falling apart as I tried to get it out of the pot.

Don't know if this will show up, but I saw a picture of a new eastern box turtle that hatched at the Virginia Zoo. Could be our mascot! To see it, go to http://www.zooborns.com/zooborns/turtle/ and go almost all the way to the bottom of the page. My, what big eyes you have!!

ladynredd
03-19-2009, 05:22 PM
Princess, I guess you and I were posting at the same time!

WW has combined the points and core plans into what they are now calling Momentum. They give you a certain number of points you're supposed to eat each day, but say your should stress what are called filling foods, which is what they're now calling the core foods. Basically, good healthy foods without a lot of processing.

I'm like you with regard to exercise -- haven't started incorporating it yet. I have good intentions, but ... my new walking DVD arrived but have I taken it out of the box yet? Nooooo!

Itryharder
03-19-2009, 06:18 PM
Hi Turtles, (Donna, I checked out the newborn turtle and love it--) :goodscale: :cp: :bravo: :cheer: for a wonderful WI!!!! Weigh to go. Hey folks, we're all on a roll and it feels great. Donna, let me know how the lamb patties worked out and tasted. I've never tried that type of food. :chef:

I am super proud of myself today because I wrote a list of foods that I would eat today--I give myself leeway as to when I'll eat them, but it helps me to plan out some foods. Then my dd needed me to pick up my grandson at pre-K and it was short notice, but I got on my :tread: for twenty minutes anyway! Go Me! Ordinarily I would have said I didn't have enough time to exercise, but honestly 20 minutes is better than no minutes and it gets me going with exercise again. Exercise is always the first good habit to go with me. From what I'm reading, I'm not the only one! Anyway==I love the spirit of your group. Can any computer savvy turtle figure out a way to get a picture of the new turtle incorporated into our club?

Okay, gotta run and fix dinner, but I wanted to check in and chat.
Judy
234.6/212.8/210 thinner into onederland :cool:

Princess1122
03-20-2009, 10:04 AM
Morning all and a very happy Friday and first day of Spring to you all! The scale is not budging for me right now but I kind of thought that might be the case after a big loss last week... no worries though, I am still going strong, just need to work on the exercise thing!

Judy: not computer savvy, sorry!

Donna: Congrats! That is an awesome drop! I am familiar with the new momentum plan and go to WW every Saturday for my W/I. I have been trying to do the new filling food ideas and it seems to help... I loved the corned beef in the crock pot when I did it, so much so that I bought another one last time I was at the market.

Bandit: Any plans for the weekend?

Have to run!

ladynredd
03-20-2009, 06:35 PM
Happy Friday and first day of Spring to all us cute little turtles. I really don't have much to report except I exercised today! I finally unwrapped my new Leslie Sansone walking tape and popped it in. Only did one mile, as DH decided to get up after only 4 hours of sleep and needed my attention, but one mile is a lot better than what I've been doing! This new tape definitely starts out at a brisk pace -- I was a huffin' and a puffin' during the knee lift segments!

Tomorrow: repeat!

Itryharder
03-21-2009, 09:29 AM
Donna, go girl! :tread: and :strong: Great that you started your exercise. Yay!
Judy

Princess1122
03-21-2009, 01:11 PM
Hi all and happy Saturday to everyone! Went to W/I this morning but did not stay for the meeting. I was down .2 but woke up to my TOM which did not make me happy at all... being down was good though considering...

Great job Donna! A mile is a fantastic start...

DH and I took the dogs to the park, I walked around a few times with one while DH thru the ball for the other, it was not much but like Donna it was a start.

Have a great day all!

Itryharder
03-22-2009, 10:46 AM
Hi Turtles,
My dh and I took our grandson to the circus yesterday. Our dd was going to come, but ended up with a miserable cold so we offered to take him by ourselves. He had a wonderful time and thought it was so exciting. Nothing like a little one to cheer you up!
Glad to hear that Princess and Donna are exercising and working it in. Yay! :tread:
Princess, being down at WI with TOM is fabulous. Keep with it. You're doing great. :cheer:
I have to tighten up a bit here since I flubbed a little on Saturday==good dinner, then very tired and instead of sleeping I ate some dumb stuff. I'll work it out, but today has to be a good day.

:cheers: to everyone for a beautiful day. It's sunny and bright here and that's a good thing.

Judy

Princess1122
03-23-2009, 10:37 AM
Morning all and happy Monday! It was a very nice weekend here also, hard to complain about sunny days!:D

Judy: Thanks for the encouragement! I always seem to have my TOM gain the following week for some reason... I think Lauren is the same way... it is frustrating but at least I know what to expect.

Have to run!

Itryharder
03-23-2009, 01:09 PM
Hi Turtles,
I got myself where I wanted to be with food yesterday. Yay. I pointed out the "extra" foods I hadn't planned on eating, tracked them and that led to a great Sunday. Today is great and I'm planning the rest of the food for today as I type. More good news about me: I just finished 30 minutes on the :tread: for 1 1/2 miles. Go Me!

Princess and Lauren, isn't it great to know what your body does so that the numbers on the scale, although important, can be analyzed and reckoned with logically. I think we're all at the point where we know what we need to do to get good results. Bandit sure proved that by shaking things up a bit and joining TOPS. Donna sure proved that by committing to WW's and the meetings. We've all got a good handle on this and I can see us all crossing the finish line waaaaaaay ahead of the hare. LOL and good luck to us all today. :grouphug: :goodvibes:
Judy 234.6/212.8/210 and thinner into onederland :cool:

Itryharder
03-23-2009, 02:09 PM
Hi Turtles,
We're getting a little long, so I'm going to start a new thread. See you at #212!
Judy

bandit2
03-23-2009, 02:13 PM
Happy Monday, turtles!

Weekend was good - gf came Fri & she made pasta w/scallops and a tomatoe sauce which was nice & we got in a big walk as well.

Didn't get in many walks last week, but have my bag all packed up for tonight & can head over to centre after feeding the cat. Have my dinner planned tonight - trout, green beans & baked potatoe. I find planning ahead really helps keep me on track.

Had a few extra's on weekend, but back on track today.

Sounds like everyone is having good results - so lets keep it going!

Have a great week, everyone!