100 lb. Club - MARCH NSV's

View Full Version : MARCH NSV's

Sandi
03-02-2009, 05:00 PM
Welcome to one of the most popular threads here at the 100lb club!

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the actual number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. So let's start filling it up!

WildThings
03-02-2009, 05:57 PM
I was able to drive with my winter coat zipped up (good thing because it was freezing today), which is something I have not been able to do in over a year. I could barely zip it while standing, but sitting down would make it so tight it would dig into my stomach. Not to mention that I wasn't sure if the zipper would hold. I was actually comfortable driving to and from work with it zipped the whole way!

cfmama
03-02-2009, 07:52 PM
I can sit tailor style in my armchair again :)
I can do the nasty in a few new, better, closer positions ;)
I can walk into most stores and buy any shirt in a 2X and it will fit me :)

JennyW
03-02-2009, 08:46 PM
I really, really, really wanted to snack this evening, but since I'd already had dinner and my planned night time snack, I logged onto 3FC instead. Typing is a better use of my time right now!

WildThings and cfmama - congrats on the NSVs!!!

jenny :)

time2lose
03-03-2009, 11:08 AM
I have to buy new pants! It seems like they got too big overnight. I declare that they were not this big last week! I had to try on 3 pairs this morning before finding a pair that was not about to fall off. It was a good thing that I had a range of sizes, but this is my smallest and they are really too big. This feels great!

Jennelle
03-03-2009, 10:42 PM
I had the mother of bad days. Seriously. I damn near had a panic attack and seriously considered driving myself to the looney bin. As I was driving home, I thought, "I want Wendy's. I want a big ol' cheeseburger and a gigantic order of fries and a big ol' chocolate frosty for dinner."

Then I realized I didn't want Wendy's. I wanted the momentary comfort that Wendy's had to offer me. I drove past, came home, and ate a decent dinner.

I'm still teetering on the edge of sanity, but at least I'm doing so without the aftereffects of way too much fast food.

Star2Be
03-03-2009, 11:16 PM
^ WTG!!! :yay: Temptation-resistance NSVs are always the most incredibly impressive to me, cuz I know that they're the hardest for me personally to achieve... So well done, you! :hat:

lottie63
03-03-2009, 11:20 PM
today at school a girl that knows I"m dieting came in and looked at me, gave me a thumbs up and said "Lookin' good!"

:D

time2lose
03-04-2009, 08:29 AM
Everything is too big!!! Hope this isn't TMI - I even had to buy new undies. I tried to guess the size I need now so I bought a package two sizes smaller(11) than my old ones(13) and a package three sizes smaller (10). The size 10s are baggy! I never thought that I would be happy to waste money! Size 9 here I come. :D

Gretchy
03-04-2009, 08:37 AM
I bought a pair of new size 18 pants yesterday. I can get them zipped up. They're definitely not super comfy yet, but a little more time and 18s will be fitting perfectly again. :D

WarMaiden
03-04-2009, 12:29 PM
I can do the nasty in a few new, better, closer positions ;)

QFT. And it just keeps getting better and better--you will NOT be disappointed that the changes continue into more and more awesomeness during sex! :) I ain't shy about admitting that the sex stuff is one of my favorite changes from losing weight.

Today I am wearing a new pair of size 18 jeans from Old Navy and I feel totally hot. Along with the jeans I also purchased a short pink skirt--the first short skirt my husband has EVER seen me wear! The skirt, a tight sweater, and a lacy camisole are going to be this weekend's date outfit--I tried it on last night, and it makes me look sexy as ****.

SO FUN.

Star2Be
03-04-2009, 12:31 PM
WOW, I just had a really cool NSV! So, one of my friends gave me a shirt for Christmas that I absolutely looooved--it's a rainbowy striped polo, SO cute, and suits my style/personality to a "T," hehe. :D But unfortunately, it didn't quite fit when I first tried it on... I could get myself into it, and I probably could have gotten away with wearing it in public, heh, but it was juuust tight enough that I didn't feel 100% comfortable in it. Well, after Christmas break I went back to school and folded this shirt away in my dresser with the rest of my clothes, figuring that I'd probably wear it at some point during this quarter. Fast-forward 9 weeks, and I STILL haven't gotten around to wearing it (um... suffice it to say that I have a LOT of clothing... :o), but the weather is starting to get ever-so-slightly warmer, so I thought that it might be nice to wear it today cuz it's short-sleeved, and the bright colors "go" with the sun and such. I figured that it would probably fit a bit better this time, since I've lost 15-20 lbs since the beginning of the quarter... Well, I must say, I was shocked to find that it fit perfectly! I even had a little extra room. And oh man, I don't know what caused it, but it made my waist look so tiny! Now I'm not sure if I want to wear it today, because I might want to save it for a "special" occasion, hehe. :lol:

Congrats to all of you on your NSVs! Gosh, do I ever love this thread. :^:

Nada
03-04-2009, 03:46 PM
Great NSV's. Meredith, wear the shirt quick and as often as possible because it will be too baggy soon. I have several things I wish I had gotten more wear out of--but I'm not going to regain the weight to wear them!!

Rosinante
03-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Because tonight I suddenly noticed that my bust had dropped.
No honestly, in a good way, I don't mean things started swinging round my knees but suddenly it's not in my eyeline every where I go.

H8cake
03-04-2009, 06:17 PM
I don't mind sitting in bar stools anymore. For years I avoided them when we went to restaurants because they were so uncomfortable. The other night we went into a Starbucks and had to wait for our coffee. Hubby automatically headed for the chairs knowing how I hate stools. I hopped up on one of the bar stools and it felt fine. It made me really happy!

Star2Be
03-04-2009, 10:06 PM
LOL Nada, you're probably right!! I'm planning to wear it tomorrow, actually, because it's supposed to be even warmer and sunnier, and I might be running into this guy that I have a bit of a crush on... Hope I look good in it! ;):dizzy:

time2lose
03-04-2009, 10:46 PM
I went shopping and bought size 18 pants! They run large and my true size is probably a 20 but I am happy with the size 18s!

Amber1011
03-04-2009, 10:52 PM
I went shopping and bought size 18 pants! They run large and my true size is probably a 20 but I am happy with the size 18s!

Awwesome!!! :hug:

AmberShimmer
03-05-2009, 12:38 PM
I don't have any NSVs yet since I finally started again for the umpteenth and hopefully last time but I just wanted to drop in and say that I love this thread and that it's my favorite. Watching you ladies find new surprises along your weight loss journeys and seeing how happy it makes you is a huge motivation. Can't wait until I can finally chime in!

UglyFatFriend
03-05-2009, 12:46 PM
Mine is a little strange, I broke down and ate MdDonalds the other nite, I am sick and didnt feel like cooking and feeling sorry for myself and somehow in my mind, that made me feel like i was allowed to eat that crappy food, anyway i took myself through the drive thu got home and ate the food, and, thought it was gross....that to me is a victory in itself, wether it was just a bad over salted bunch of fries or whatever it was, i no longer want it!

Also i have been eyeing my 6 pairs of 'skinny' that i have been steaily trying to shrink back into and decided its been a couple months i should try at least the biggest of the skinny jeans on....just to see how much farther i have to go..and they fit, not even to tightly, comfortably ALMOST too big, wearing them today!! lol so then i decided what the heck i will try on all the others which i was sure i wouldnt get past my hips, well i got them ALLLL on AND done up, they are a little too tight for me to feel totally comfortable wearing yet, but i got em up thats a big step lol. WHen i started in Dec i couldnt get them past my hips and if i could, i couldnt get them done up!!

Star2Be
03-06-2009, 12:08 AM
^ YEA!! It's always awesome when you realize you can fit into clothes that you previously couldn't! :D Though for me I'm usually like "Oh, it must have stretched out or something..." cuz I'm unwilling to believe that I might actually be smaller! Heh.

Just to contribute my own NSV, today I walked straight past a suspicious-looking box that was sitting out at work today... I'm pretty sure it had donuts or cookies or some other kind of deliciously evil food in it, and I was NOT interested in finding out exactly what it was!! LOL!

Rosinante
03-06-2009, 07:55 AM
The new trousers I bought 17lbs ago and which only fitted if I didn't breathe now fit fine, even when sitting down. In fact, because of the lesser girth, the hems trail on the ground! Fetch out the wundaweb.

wanna b thin
03-06-2009, 11:25 AM
I love reading all the great NSV's even if I haven't had many of my own in a long time. However, last night I signed up to do a 5K Run/Walk. I will not be running but I'm so excited, it's the first time I've ever tried something like this. (I'm 53 years old and have been overweight all my life). It's only 9 days away so I going to be out walking every chance I get, starting with my lunch time today.

foxxy511
03-06-2009, 11:27 AM
I went completely off-plan from Feb. 19th - Feb 28th due to being away from home, stress, grief, blah blah blah...in the end, on March 1st, I was up 15 (OMG) pounds to 193lbs and was feeling really down. In my head I knew it was mostly water weight and because TOM is near, but I was completely disappointed in myself for going so ridiculously off plan.

In the past, this would have made me throw in the towel completely with thoughts like "Well, I've already screwed up, so I might as well keep going." BUT, I got right back on plan on March 1st and I've stayed on plan! As of my weigh-in this morning, I'm at 180... only 2lbs above my lowest weight of 178.

It is just amazing to me how quickly that extra weight came off once I got focused again. And I am so proud of myself that I was able to even get back on plan again. Certainly the best NSV I've had.

Congrats to everyone else! I love reading these NSVs!

MugCanDoIt
03-06-2009, 11:44 AM
My clothes are feeling looser and my butt doesnt feel as "chunky". Ha ha....but I'll take it!! Dont want no chunky butt!

Also, it is a bit easier to go walking for exercise only after 4 days of it. Only 4 days so far and its reallye easier to do than the first day. Im so glad.

Numina
03-06-2009, 01:31 PM
I love reading all the great NSV's even if I haven't had many of my own in a long time. However, last night I signed up to do a 5K Run/Walk. I will not be running but I'm so excited, it's the first time I've ever tried something like this. (I'm 53 years old and have been overweight all my life). It's only 9 days away so I going to be out walking every chance I get, starting with my lunch time today.

WOW! Color me impressed! Make sure you let us know how the run/walk went --- I think you have already won just by competing in it. Very cool!

If this is typical of your attitude, I think you should change your name from WANNAbeThin to GONNAbeThin!

:running:

(And I agree that reading this thread is a wonderful lift. Congratulations, everyone!)

Lizzyg
03-06-2009, 02:01 PM
Yesterday during my work out, 30DS, I did not stop during the push up section. I was able to do the push ups for the entire time, and felt GREAT when I realized it was the first time I didn't have to stop!

thistoo
03-06-2009, 03:55 PM
This one is kind of weird, but also awesome. I have been exactly 5'0" my entire adult life -- in college my friends used to measure me for laughs -- but when I went to the doctor recently she measured me at 5'1". All from doing yoga and improving my posture as I lose. Crazy!

DCHound
03-06-2009, 05:13 PM
You gained an inch? Wow that's a GREAT NSV!!

time2lose
03-06-2009, 08:20 PM
A vertical inch! I am used to gaining horizonal inches but vertical!! Wow!! I think I will start yoga!

Jennelle
03-07-2009, 12:10 AM
I went to a sports event last night. The seats there are on the smallish side because it's an older arena. When I was there two years ago, I left with bruises on my hips from having to wedge myself in the seats. Last night, I slid in like buttah. I've been saying that I've "only" lost 19 lbs., but last night showed me that 19 lbs. is a LOT!

Star2Be
03-07-2009, 05:04 PM
^ Oooh, that's so cool! Ya gotta love it when you find that you "fit" into something better than you did before, whether it's clothes or a chair, hehe. :D I love that, too... I never used to understand how some people could sit in theater/stadium-style seating and NOT use the armrests... Now I know that that was because I was always so wide that my arms naturally spilled out over the side of the seat. :o How nice it is now to be able to slide into the seat ("like buttah," hehe, I like that!) and actually have room on either side! ;) And YES, 19 lbs is a lot--you go, girl!

My NSV of the day is that I had a little photo shoot with myself yesterday (I was bored, and thought I looked kind of cute, hehe) and I really like the way they turned out! I even got a new Facebook profile picture out of it, LOL. :dizzy: It's ridiculous how much of a camera-wh*re I've become... I always loved getting my picture taken, and taking my own picture, but now you pretty much have to pry the camera out of my hands!! Haha. :lol:

thistoo
03-07-2009, 05:08 PM
A vertical inch! I am used to gaining horizonal inches but vertical!! Wow!! I think I will start yoga!

I know! It was crazy! A friend of mine reports that yoga did the same for her, so it's worth a try for sure.

WildThings
03-07-2009, 05:21 PM
I went to a baby shower today and only ate raw veggies. There was veggie dip, cake, little sandwiches, cake, pecan tarts, punch with ice cream...did I mention cake? I wasn't even tempted to have any of it. I got a big plate of carrots, celery, cauliflower and broccoli, then drank water.

Gretchy
03-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Those size 18's fit me great now :D

Also, I was on the phone with my mom. I made a comment to her about "Just you wait, I'll be a skinny minny soon!" Her response? "Oh I don't doubt it. This is it for you." I asked her, "You didn't think that the other times I've tried?" and she said "No, this time's different. You're working out regularly and you're looking at food in a different way now. You're trying new healthy foods you wouldn't eat before. This is your time."

Yay for new healthy habits in addition to losing some weight :D

Star2Be
03-08-2009, 01:16 PM
Gretchy - It must feel great to have the support of your mother, and to know that she really believes in you! Wow, what a great NSV. :)

I have a NSV for yesterday--I slipped up and had a mini-binge on granola bars around 2-3 pm, BUT the good news is that I didn't take that as an excuse to throw the whole day away... You know what I mean? In the past I might have had an attitude like "Well, I already ruined today, so I might as well really ruin it!" and to be honest, I did juuust slightly have that temptation to go buy some junk and have a REAL binge. But nope, instead I just kept it light for the rest of the day, and today I was actually down 0.8 lbs! Here's to shocking your body, heh. :p

Newlywed
03-08-2009, 03:57 PM
My NSV was the realization that I have not been to my two favorite eating places ever, Red Robin and Taco Bell, in almost two months!!!!! Those places are ALWAYS the reason why I mess up my diets. I can't believe that I haven't been there in so long! I used to go to Taco Bell at least once a week, and Red Robin every other week.

wanna b thin
03-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Congratulations everyone, great NSV's.

I got up the last two days and went to the local Metro Park and walked over three miles in the rain. In the past I wold have stayed in because it was raining but since I singed up for a 5K Run/Walk I had to prove to myself that I could do it, even in the rain.

lstack
03-08-2009, 05:20 PM
This is my first post here, although I've been reading in this forum as well as the 300+ one for awhile. I was at a stable weight of around 300 for years and years and wore 3x during that period, then I went through some emotional stuff and gained up to 380 ... ugh, and that was like 5 years ago .... I've had to buy from alternative clothing stores, 3x wouldn't fit at all. All my pants were elastic waist. So .... I'm back very close to 300 again and I decided to try 3x as it is a lot cheaper than the specialty stores I was buying from, and all my pants were no longer fitting. AND TaDa ... 3x, zipper, fitted waistband pants fit perfectly, plenty of room ... I bought 3 pair for less than 1 pair of the more expensive type ..... Yay! And they feel sooooo good, so much better fitting!

thistoo
03-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Congratulations, lstack! That is great. And I'm glad you decided to delurk! :)

Star2Be
03-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Yay for delurking, lstack!!! Pleased to make your acquaintance. :cheers: And how cool is it that you get to use up your first post to tell us about your awesome NSV?! I'm so excited for you! Shopping is preeeetty much one of my most favorite hobbies now--if I can't emotionally eat anymore, sometimes I just have to replace that urge with a little "retail therapy"!! :lol: And YES, it's so irritating how clothes for bigger women are sooo much more expensive than the clothes I can buy now... I understand that bigger-sized clothes require more fabric n' such, but I find it hard to believe that an extra foot or so of fabric justifies them jacking the prices up to $40 for a shirt! :rolleyes: So first of all, congrats to you on fitting into a smaller size again!!, and I bet the fact that it's easier on your wallet just made it all the more sweeter. ;)

Iheartsushi418
03-08-2009, 10:08 PM
So I am totally new (this is my second day), and I actually have 3 NSV's.
1. I got in all the water I was "required" to drink today, and only used 2 crystal light packets. I really want to get accustomed to drinking plain water and cut out the artificial sweetners eventually.

2. I went on a nature walking trail with my husband and son and had a great time instead of making excuses.

3. I let my husband take pictures of me with my son on the nature trail, and instead of going "OMG I'm so fat and gross" and deleting the pictures when I got home, I decided to say "You know what? I'm working on that." and kept the pictures.

foxxy511
03-08-2009, 10:35 PM
That's great Iheartsushi! You can use those pics as your "befores"!!!

My NSV is that I bought size 8 khaki's and size 8 black pants today!! It's definitely some vanity sizing (cause I'm still wearing a 10 in jeans), but I have never ever ever fit into single digit clothing sizes in my adult life. I can't say I mind the vanity sizing at all, lol.

anmitche
03-09-2009, 09:03 PM
I wore a pair of shoes today that I had thrown in the back of my closet last fall. I threw them back there because they were too tight and made my feet numb if I wore them for too long. Today, I wore them and they didn't hurt my feet! They felt a little loose, actually. So I'm losing everywhere, I suppose!

BarbPA
03-09-2009, 10:08 PM
Wow! Everyone is rockin' their NSVs this month!

I had a super cool one for me yesterday....I was shopping at Old Navy for my kids. I have never ever been able to shop there for myself. I decided to try on some size 18 pants just for kicks. Once I found the dressing room I prepared myself to be disappointed...I WAS NOT! I am now the proud owner of a pair of size 18 black capri pants that FIT!!! :)

I shopped in a "Normal" store!!! OMG...ME...a normal store! :o

thistoo
03-09-2009, 10:25 PM
I got up at 5:30 this morning and went running. Well, it was a walk/run, but I probably ran about half my two mile course. There was a time when I wouldn't have gotten out of bed at 5:30 even if the house was on fire, so to get up voluntarily and run by myself is a pretty big victory.

Star2Be
03-10-2009, 01:15 AM
BarbPA - OMG I had a totally similar experience in Old Navy when I was home for Winter break! I've never been able to shop for myself at the "normal" stores either (:(), but I was out Christmas shopping for my sister/friends, and just for kicks I thought I'd try on some stuff... I ended up buying a really cute shirt and cardigan for myself, and nuthin' for anyone else! LOL. :lol: What a cool NSV.

My latest NSV is that I took in a pair of jeans with my sewing machine, so I now have at least one pair of pants that actually hugs my body instead of falling off of me, hehe. Though this was a reeeeally old pair that I'd taken in once already, and I don't think I'll be able to do it again--I've taken them in so far that the "new" side seam practically goes through the back pockets now!! :o Guess it's time to go jeans shopping again, muahaha... ;)

Nada
03-10-2009, 08:44 AM
Way to go everyone. This may sound a little silly but it excited me: I got a new bra that has only 3 hooks and a narrower band and...... nothing spills over on the sides or back. Before I was afraid to wear one like that.

thistoo
03-10-2009, 12:19 PM
I work in downtown Knoxville, where parking is at a premium, and usually I have to walk a ways to get to my job. For this reason I never wear skirts to work, because of the whole inner thigh chafing issue, you know. But today it's a gorgeous spring day, it's in the 70s, and I wanted to wear a skirt. So I pulled it on (size 14, out of the 'normal size' section at JC Penney, yay!), and you know what? My inner thighs did not rub together during my walk! They still touch, but the rubbing/chafing action is gone.

I think I'm probably more excited about that than any other change that's happened to my body in the past two years.

WarMaiden
03-10-2009, 01:34 PM
Despite being stalled out on the scale for 3 weeks, I have continued to keep track of my food and exercise, and I have not let things go. Now, it's beginning to show on the scale. I'm relieved, but I'm also happy that I was able to simply maintain my good habits in the face of non-losses.

Iheartsushi418
03-10-2009, 02:04 PM
Today my husband and I had to run an errand early in the morning and I ate a banana and cup of yogurt before we left. He stopped at the store and bought a soda and honeybun, I got a big bottle of water, and suprisingly it didn't bother me AT ALL to watch him eat the honeybun.

H8cake
03-10-2009, 02:55 PM
So I pulled it on (size 14, out of the 'normal size' section at JC Penney, yay!), and you know what? My inner thighs did not rub together during my walk! They still touch, but the rubbing/chafing action is gone.

I think I'm probably more excited about that than any other change that's happened to my body in the past two years.

That is fabulous! I can so relate to the chafing thighs. I love it when I walk in a skirt and there is no rubbing. I still marvel at it every time. I used to buy the huge bandages and tape them to my inner thighs when I had to wear dresses for more than a few hours at a time. My mom used to put handkerchiefs in her pantyhose to keep her thighs from getting chapped. It's just wonderful to not have to do those things.

My nsv is buying a size 10 dress yesterday. I haven't been able to wear anything in the single digits for almost 25 years. I might just make it back there.

thistoo
03-10-2009, 09:17 PM
I used to buy the huge bandages and tape them to my inner thighs when I had to wear dresses for more than a few hours at a time.

Yes! I used to do that too. It is so nice to leave those days behind. :)

Congratulations on the size 10! You'll be in single digits in no time.

Star2Be
03-11-2009, 12:28 AM
iheartsushi418 - Mmmmm, a honey bun sounds absolutely delectable right now... Props to you for exhibiting some SERIOUS willpower, woman! :cp:

I can kind of relate, too--one of my professors had us come early to class today because she showed a movie, and in exchange for us getting up early, she bribed us with coffee and Dunkin' Donuts. ARGH!! She's done this once before, and I emerged victoriously (hehe!) but it wasn't easy... I was pleased to note that it was just a BIT easier to resist them today. My eyes were still darting back and forth between the boxes of donuts and the movie screen every 10 seconds, and I'm pretty sure I noted it every single freakin' time someone else ate a donut, LOL, but the urge to have one didn't feel nearly as strong. I sat sipping my water bottle and munching on my usual morning snack of a Luna Bar instead. Yea! :angel:

Rosinante
03-11-2009, 07:10 AM
The location of my house means I sometimes get people calling to ask for food and cups of tea. Although, to be fair, today's was my first caller in this job, since I moved here mid-dec.

Anyhoo, I often don't have much in, tend to only cook from raw, don't have family to cater for etc. At first I thought I'd have to give him a cup of tea and a couple of pounds - not good practice, I know.

Then I remembered in the freezer I had some bread (only on Sundays in Lent), and in the fridge some grated cheese and some garlic mayo (only on Sundays in Lent). So I toasted the bread, spread the mayo, put on great handfuls of cheese. Boy, did it smell g-o-o-d! Then I wrapped in paper napkins for the guy at the door, shook the plate of cheesy crumby gorgeousness onto the floor for the dogs to scarf, gave the guy his food - and stayed On Plan! woohoo! NSV!

Today's going to be a high calorie day, that's the plan anyway, after a lowcal day yesterday, so I had plenty space calorie wise to eat the odd bit of cheese; but I've promised to stick to this no dairy/meat/sugar/yeast for the weekdays in Lent, so it was a big self-control victory.

ps guy's just been back and said thanks for the food, have you got any money? - but alas, the answer was no.....

foxxy511
03-11-2009, 10:12 AM
My NSV is that I started strength-training at the gym! Before, I've only stuck to cardio because I feel like I can get on the elliptical or treadmill and become invisible. I don't like the idea of the trainers/other weights people watching and judging me while I work the machines, lol. I know how to work the machines and I know proper form for free weights because my dad has shown me, but I was always afraid to use them when a whole lot of other people were there.

But, I know that in order to tone up, I have to start strength-training, so my new MWF routine is this: 10 min of cardio, 3 machines, 10 min of cardio, 3 machines, 10 min of cardio, 2 machines, 5 min cardio cooldown. (I read about it in Glamour! haha) And today, I think every trainer that works there was there just hanging out. Before, this would have made me nervous, but today I just went right on and did my work out!

time2lose
03-11-2009, 07:18 PM
Part 1

Every year I help with a conference we have in town. In 2007 and 2008, I went early to be able to park close to the convention center. Both years I was also exhausted by the end of the day. I helped with the convention today. I parked a couple of blocks away to let other people have the close parking. During a break I went for a walk to get more steps in. When it was over, I wasn't even tired. I went shopping! Big improvement from last year!

Part 2
They provided a box lunch for me. I gave away the bag of chips and macadamia nut cookie, ate the apple and half of the huge ham sanddwich. I also drank water instead of the Coke that was provided.

WarMaiden
03-11-2009, 11:13 PM
One of the things I do to raise my activity level is that I stand at my work desk for part of the day. I've been successful at habitually getting 3 to 4 hours a day of standing; but I'm working on raising it again, and today I did -5-. The most ever (yet)!

Ookpik
03-12-2009, 12:35 AM
Today I added something new to my resume..."Motivational Speaker"! I was asked to speak to a local weight loss group this evening and I had a few "props", like my old size-52 work cargo pants (and my new size-36 ones) and a couple of pics, to go along with the speech I had (actually, I "winged" it). They hung on my every word and said I was an inspiration, and that I did a good job, which was a relief because I wasn't sure how it would go over.

Star2Be
03-12-2009, 09:04 PM
^ YAY, OOKPIK! Congratulations on your successful stint as a motivational speaker! :cp: I remember you telling us that you had been asked, and I was wondering whether you had done the speech yet, and how it ended up going. Glad to hear that everything went well! It must feel awesome to know that you can be an inspiration to all of those people... And how cool that you got to bring along the "props," hehe! Nothing like a visual aid! ;)

Buttercup
03-12-2009, 11:36 PM
This may seem weird but my NSV is that I could move my seat up closer to the steering wheel in my truck and now I don't have to use my tippy toes to drive!:lol:

Amber1011
03-12-2009, 11:48 PM
I had such a good NSV today I felt like it deserved its own thread... and that's a NSV in itself lol

Ookpik
03-12-2009, 11:52 PM
Thanks Meredith! It was fun, and I heard a collective gasp when I held up my old pants in front of me. The props were a good indicator of how far I'd come, I was bigger than all the women at the meeting at one point in my life, and now I'm giving them advice on how to lose weight. It was definitely a cool experience!

ScarlettDrawl
03-13-2009, 09:00 AM
I have one! Today, I am comfortably wearing a beautiful bracelet that my husband bought for me more than a year ago. I couldn't even get the clasps to meet before! Granted, when he gave it to me, I was pregnant and swollen. This is still the first time I've been able to get it clasped without it being way too tight, even though I've tried to wear it a couple of times post-baby. It's a small NSV, but I am thrilled about it!

WildThings
03-14-2009, 03:36 PM
I told the little Girl Scouts at Kroger "no thank you" when they asked if I would like to purchase come Girl Scout cookies. My first thought was that I could buy a box, freeze them then unfreeze one or two at a time as a treat down the road, but I know me, I've lived with me for 27 years and that is not what would happen with them. First if I bought one box, then I wouldn't be able to decide what kind and end up buying one of each kind. I would freeze them, but in a week or so when I was having a week moment, I would unfreeze a few, then the whole box, then all the boxes and they would be gone with in a month and I would be back to the beginning. So, I just told them "no thanks" and moved on, not regretting my decision at all.

enchantedonyx
03-15-2009, 04:39 PM
The last time I bought bras, I refused to think I needed a band as big around as I needed. So the bras I bought last summer have a constant problem with the straps falling down. I rarely wear them, just wear the couple I have that do fit.

So this morning I put on one of the too-small ones because the others were in the laundry. I ended up grocery shopping and going for a 2 mile hike today. And have not had to push the straps back onto my shoulders once!

It's dumb but I thought it was cool.

Iheartsushi418
03-15-2009, 05:38 PM
I turned down the opportunity to go eat chinese food. I'm still speechless.

WarMaiden
03-15-2009, 08:05 PM
Last night my husband and I went to a costume party. We wore toga things I'd made...mine was mostly tight and black with flowers on it. I dressed myself up pretty nicely, I thought. I guess I must have, because I got checked out a LOT at the party! :)

wanna b thin
03-16-2009, 12:45 PM
Yesterday I completed my first 5K Walk. My time of 52 minutes, not great but I'm proud of myself for even signing up for it and finishing it. It was a georgous day, in the mid 50's, perfect for a walk/run.

Trazey34
03-16-2009, 01:56 PM
I wrote this somewhere else, but it's a fun one! I got out my spring/summer clothes and usually everything would be tight and unflattering and i'd be bummed out and have to buy new stuff -- but last summer i bought a LOT of new clothes and this year, they're all a bit loose! yay!

WarMaiden
03-17-2009, 02:04 PM
I recently started using Facebook and a couple weeks ago was able to take a picture of myself to use on there which actually makes me look pretty! I've had more than one comment on it from both RL and online friends that it's a good picture and that I'm pretty. I'm so pleased. I AM PRETTY AGAIN. And I feel no shame now at all about getting back in touch with old friends on there; I'm not wasting my life's energy carrying around a huge shell of fat anymore.

BarbPA
03-17-2009, 06:57 PM
I treated myself to a new ring today as a reward for my 100 pound milestone. It's a wide band and I'm having it sized to an 8.5. I used to wear a 10. :cool:

Ookpik
03-17-2009, 08:19 PM
Awesome NSVs all! And congrats, Warmaiden....I've been "documenting" my weight loss on Facebook over the past few years. Lots of friends have been totally supportive and I think I've inspired a few.

KCMom
03-18-2009, 05:22 PM
My NSV was a shopping trip in my storage boxes. My jeans still "fit", but I'm getting tired of hitching them up, and the baggy butt is none to attractive, either.

I had a few pairs of almost-new Land's End size 20 jeans stuck away from a couple years ago, and I pulled them out today, hoping to be able to zip them by our vacation in late May. To my surprise, they zip NOW. They are a bit snug yet, to be sure, but I'm thrilled the zipper went UP! Hooyah!

mj5
03-18-2009, 07:05 PM
I was running late and didn't eat breakfast. I was headed to a LONG meeting and knew I wouldn't make it w/out breakfast (that's a nsv in itself....I used to skip breakfast for the longest time...) anyway, I dashed to the store and although I was tempted by the yummy bakery aisle, I zoomed right on by and bought a fat-free yogurt and some fruit instead.

enchantedonyx
03-18-2009, 11:12 PM
I bought new exercise pants tonight! I realized today that I cannot keep wearing the pants/shorts I usually wear. They fit when I was at 275 and since I don't have a butt or hips, I can't keep them up now. Real cute to be walking on the treadmill at the gym and holding up your pants with your hand.

I bought an XL, down from XXL in nearly all of my other exercise clothes. I tried the large and it fit but they were clingy fabric and with this belly, I'm just not ready for that much cling. :)

Mj5, how come the produce is always next to the bakery in the grocery, too? I went in for spinach today and there are the cookies right next to it! I was good but I wish they'd help a girl out a bit! :)

activeadventurer
03-19-2009, 12:36 AM
Fit easily and comfortably into a restaurant booth today. Yipee!!! And this weekend at ate modestly and enjoyably at a buffet that I thought might be a problem. I told myself I can always come back another time.

Rosinante
03-19-2009, 12:21 PM
Bought some chocolate - still trying to get my cals up after a very low few days with food poisoning, today's the first day I've felt human.

Shop only had 140g bars.

I broke off 50g (all calorie counted) and (drumroll) put the rest right to the back of the freezer.

I do not know the last time I left a bar of chocolate unfinished.

ps. every calorie tasted great too!

steph324
03-19-2009, 12:32 PM
I have now become enough of a gym regular that after some very strenuous work outs this week where I leave feeling like my muscles (I almost have real muscles!) are made of cooked spaghetti, I only get twinges of soreness the next day instead of doing the pregnant woman squat to get to onto the toilet because my legs hurt so bad! I was complaining to my mom that I still don't see a difference and she told me I was crazy. And I took my measurements for the first time in 2 months and have lost 22inches! Apparently she is right since 8 of those inches are in my waist. Still have a lot of room to go there since I am definitely an apple shape, but seeing the progress feels so good.

Star2Be
03-19-2009, 07:01 PM
My best NSVs over the past couple days have been that I just came home for Spring break, and I am absolutely surrounded by all of the junk my family eats - literally, the house is bursting full with cookies, cake, chips, etc! - and I have not touched any of it. In fact, I just went grocery shopping with my dad today, and stocked up on all of my favorite yummy and *healthy* foods to eat during the next couple weeks! It's going to be hard to resist all this temptation, but I know I can do it! :s:

time2lose
03-20-2009, 12:42 AM
My grandsons are visiting this week and I have been able to get down on the floor and play with them!

Rosinante
03-21-2009, 03:40 AM
I have quite a small wardrobe, by which I mean the piece of furniture.
I have a tiny wardrobe, by which I mean clothes I can get into.
The hanging rail in the wardrobe is separated in 2 by a central fixing. Clothes on the left fit, clothes on the right don't but aren't miles away.
Last night I moved a lightweight jacket from the right side to the left. woohoo.

Jennelle
03-21-2009, 10:58 AM
WooT!!! :carrot: I just discovered that I am now just "obese" instead of "morbidly obese." That's my biggest NSV yet!

WildThings
03-21-2009, 12:28 PM
I actually have two today!

First, I've started working on the C25K. Usually in the time frame of the 20 minutes of walk/run, I can make 2 laps around my apartment complex. Today, not increasing the ratio of walking to running, I made it 2.5 laps around the complex so I have increased my distance.

Second, I was shaving my legs today, went to turn my leg and TA DA!!!! I could actually see definition in my thigh muscles.

thistoo
03-21-2009, 06:41 PM
The last time I took progress pictures I was wearing a cute new shirt that I'd gotten from Old Navy. It's here:

http://pics.livejournal.com/thistoo/pic/00009rdb

Though as you can see in the picture, it did not button over my (still ample) tummy, so I wore it anyway and pretended that was the style I was going for. I put it on this past Thursday and what do you know, it buttoned all the way down! And that's during TOM, which is practically a miracle.

Star2Be
03-21-2009, 07:09 PM
^ LOL thistoo, I have definitely rocked the "this shirt doesn't quite button, but that's the style I was going for" look before!! Many times! :lol: That used to be the only way I could ever wear one of my favorite shirts... And of course now I can't wear it anymore because it's way too big. :shrug: But anyways, you look HOT in that picture, so I can only imagine how awesome you must look (and feel!) now that the shirt fits better. :D WTG!

So, OMG, yesterday I had quite possibly the most amazing temptation-resistance NSV(s?) that I have ever had... First off, I went out to lunch with an old friend, which I was dreading because obviously most restaurant food sucks as far as healthy options are concerned, but that was the only way we could manage to see each other. Well it ended up that the restaurant we chose had a really amazing salad bar, so I gorged myself on tons of fresh-cut raw veggies and a few grapes! Yummy, and sooo low in calories!

I was feeling pretty good about managing to stay OP during that meal, but honestly that didn't require TOO much willpower because I had been planning for this lunch and hoping I could order a salad or whatever anyways, but THEN last night I made extremely last-minute plans to drive out to visit one of my friends at her college (cuz I'm on break, and she's not), and her way of making the trip "special" was to take me to... A CHINESE BUFFET. :yikes: Yes, I'm talking about one of those places where you pay $10 for instant access to an unlimited number of plates of fried rice, lo mein, egg rolls, fried potatoes, etc etc (plus of course all the meaty stuff, though I'm a vegetarian so thankfully at least THAT wasn't a problem for me, heh). Not to mention all of the amazing-looking desserts they had... Apple pie/turnover thingies, these rolls that were essentially fried dough dusted with granulated sugar (?!), at least 7 different flavors of ice cream, and a bunch of little assorted cakes/pies that I tried not to look at for too long, LOL! I'm not gonna lie, a part of me seriously wanted to take a nosedive into the buffet and demolish 5 platefuls of the junk, but I am SO PROUD to report that I did not even TOUCH it! :angel: In one part of the buffet, set aside from everything else, they had a teeny little section with raw fruit and veggies, so I just loaded up a plate of that! It was delicious, and I got to spend time with my friend without having to gorge myself on the yucky, greasy (delicious :p) Chinese food. Though of course it sucks that I had to pay $10 for it, but I'd rather waste the money than screw up all of my hard work.

After resisting that, I honestly feel like Wonder Woman! No food is going to come in between me and my goals, no matter how tempting it may be!! :club: LOL!

Jennelle
03-21-2009, 07:51 PM
I tried on a pair of size 18 pants today while out shopping. I didn't have high hopes, but they buttoned *and* zipped! They were still a tad too tight to wear in public, so I didn't get them, but I haven't been able to button/zip a size 18 for at least three years!

thistoo
03-21-2009, 10:13 PM
Meredith, you are the sweetest girl ever. Thanks! :)

And WTG on resisting the buffet. Imagine how terrible you'd feel if you'd eaten all that fat and MSG; instead you feel awesome. That's tremendous.

Jennelle, congrats on the 18s! I love love LOVE fitting into a new size.

Ookpik
03-21-2009, 11:35 PM
WTG, Meredith--I don't know if I'd be that strong! I love Chinese food!

My NSV is yesterday I brought my new size-12 jeans in to the tailor to be hemmed. I bought them a few months ago when they were on sale at my favorite store, and they were so cheap, around $9, that I decided to buy them as "goal jeans". Yesterday, I decided to try them on and they fit, so I brought them in to be fixed. :)

Star2Be
03-22-2009, 11:46 AM
^Ooooh, fitting into goal clothing, how fun!! I just recently bought a pair of "goal/mini-goal jeans" on eBay in... *gulp*... A size 8. I'm not exactly sure what size I am right now because I haven't bought new pants in a really long time (I've been saving on buying new clothes by sewing the old ones over and over again instead, heh), but my best guess is that I'm about a 10. So to buy a pair of size-8 jeans meant that I have to start getting a grip on idea that I could conceivably fit into an 8 someday! It's blowin' my mind, man! :lol: Normally I don't buy clothes for motivation, but they were only $10 (with free shipping!). Hehe. But anyways, congrats on the new jeans Ookpik!! That is so cool! :yay:

Ookpik
03-22-2009, 10:12 PM
Thanks Meredith! And sounds like you are gettin' close to those size-8s...awesome! :)

WarMaiden
03-23-2009, 12:42 PM
On a trip downtown yesterday evening with the kids and husband, I was shepherding the rambunctious youngsters into the bookstore via the Starbucks entrance, which entails negotiating two doorways. Well, as usual, they wouldn't go through quite, but were messing around...and this time there was a young (really cute) guy coming the other way. According to my husband's later recounting, the guy stopped because of my kids, then started to move past, then stopped again to fully check me out! At which point cute young guy and I exchanged a smile and flirtatious glance before he went on by. Sadly, I missed noticing the checking-out because I was focused on not letting the kids run over the guy. (No, my husband doesn't mind other men checking me out or flirting with me--he's confident.)

I love being checked out. I just wish I was better at noticing it.

H8cake
03-23-2009, 03:16 PM
I have a couple of nsv's. The first one is a young friend of mine who commented on my clothes, she said "you always dress so cute." That was such a sweet compliment, I have always loved cute clothes. I had gotten to the point where I really hated shopping though, feeling just sick when I would try on clothes in a store.
The other one was just feeling comfortable sitting on the floor to play a board game with friends. I could sit any way I wanted and get up and down so easily and gracefully. I keep thinking of all the fun times that were not as much fun as they should have been because I was so uncomfortable due to my weight. I ate okay while I was there too. I'm finally to the point where I don't cave and eat terrible because of peer pressure. I just tell people I have to be careful due to health issues, then they don't say anymore about it.

Star2Be
03-24-2009, 11:43 AM
AWESOME NSV yesterday!! So, you know how I was talking about the fact that I never get to try on new clothes while I'm at school, so I never really know what my exact size is? Well, I finally got to go jeans shopping yesterday, and while I was estimating/hoping that I would be a size 10, it turns out I am actually a size 8!! I already blabbed all about the whole thing in this (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167574) thread, so I'll spare you all the boring details, LOL, but I DO want to mention that the pair of jeans I was talking about in my other post, the ones that I got on eBay, arrived yesterday--and they actually fit me NOW! I can't believe it. :D

Nada
03-24-2009, 04:01 PM
I wore a blouse TUCKED IN. and felt OK about it.

DCHound
03-24-2009, 04:33 PM
Meredith I just read your whole long story on the other thread and I have tears in my eyes. GOOD FOR YOU!!!!! The last single-digit size I wore was probably a 6X so I feel you. YOU ENJOY THOSE JEANS, you earned them!!!!!

WarMaiden
03-24-2009, 06:21 PM
A man at work just told me he didn't recognize me when he saw me walking somewhere or other around the plant. Then asked how I was losing weight, and it was fun to tell him that I simply gave up sugar :D He said I'm "looking good"! Yay compliments :)

thistoo
03-24-2009, 07:45 PM
I walked into the office I share with seven other librarians today. The only person in there at the time was this super-skinny woman I work with who's very into fitness etc. She looked at me and said, "You're just getting skinnier and skinnier every day." That was kind of nice to hear, especially as I wait for my TOM water retention to finally go away already.

Couch
03-25-2009, 01:25 AM
Congrats Meredith, size 8 is brilliant. I've shrunk to, though not to such a teeny tiny number. I'm down a size:D All the pants I'm currently wearing are size 22, apart from a few 24's that I've taken in.

UglyFatFriend
03-25-2009, 09:33 AM
I had a bit of a NSV this morning, I got up at 520 am and hit the gym, just got my membership yesterday and I know that i will be more apt to going if its not after a long day at work, so....before work is my only other option, and there i was lol....only one day down but i actually feel REALLY good .. was tired at first but once i got out of bed it was all good!!

enchantedonyx
03-25-2009, 11:59 AM
The library where I work has a huuuuuge flight of fairly steep stairs going from the 1st to 2nd floors. I usually work on the 2nd floor (childrens department and computer lab and I'm a children's librarian and computer instructor) but I have to go down and back up an average of 5 or 6 times a day.

Yesterday, for the first time, I realized that when I got to the top of the stairs, I was not out of breath! It was so amazing to lead a skinny, 20 year old college student up to the top and see her huffing and puffing while I went on explaining what she needed.

After that, I found reasons to go downstairs, just so I could walk back up without getting out of breath. :)

Star2Be
03-25-2009, 01:04 PM
Thanks ladies! Congrats to you all on your NSVs, too!! :cheer2:

That was kind of nice to hear, especially as I wait for my TOM water retention to finally go away already.
Oooh, don't you just love that? Seriously, it seems like every time I'm having a "fat" day, where I just feel especially yucky and bloated, that's always the same day that some random person compliments me on my weight loss. It's always great to have a reminder of how far you've come. :D

Trazey34
03-25-2009, 01:35 PM
We had a big meeting at work today, and the food spread out before me was enormous LOL but I reached for the cut up pineapple and canteloupe and didn't even bat an eye at the ooooey gooooey HOT (!) cinnamon buns

Star2Be
03-26-2009, 10:30 AM
^ WOW, you definitely deserve a big pat on the back for that one!! Cinnamon buns, mmmm... :drool:

Trazey34
03-27-2009, 09:24 AM
was trying on some jeans at the store, as i'm quite desperate for jeans that fit, and thought i'd be brave and try a smaller size - i was quite disappointed. Even tho they're WAY smaller than I've ever tried, I felt like I felt trying on a size 24 a few years ago and having to squeeze into them and the feeling of panic knowing that was the BIGGEST size that store had!!! ANYWAY my NSV is that I was so blah after it, i said "I want a big huge greasy pizza" and I went to Tony's Pizza and just about ordered their special Large Pizza double meat (!!!!) but instead i ordered ONE SLICE and a diet coke and ate it there... basically, I didn't club a giant pizza over the head and drag it back to my lair... not a huge victory LOL but I felt better afterwards :)

Nada
03-27-2009, 10:01 AM
Trazey, beating a binge urge with a more sensible portion is a GREAT NSV.

DCHound
03-27-2009, 10:37 AM
My NSV is, today, for the first time in five years, I wore dress shoes during my commute. I walked from my car to metro, then from metro to my office, in dress shoes, not tennis shoes. My feet don't hurt. I'm fine. It may not sound like much but people this is huge!!

Oh ~ and another biggie ~ today I'm wearing pantyhose. It was a BREEZE to put them on. Do you know how hard it is to put pantyhose on when you weigh 360 lbs?? I won't even go there. This morning, it took me about 3 minutes to put these on. I didn't have to lie down or contort myself. And I wasn't sweating like a hog by the time I had them on. They are comfortable! They look nice!!! Today is gonna be a GREAT day!

Trazey34
03-27-2009, 11:09 AM
pantyhose, that's AWESOME!!!! whooooot!!! i DO know what it's like to struggle with them (control top no less good lord!!!). I can remember vividly struggling into a pair, it was SUMMER, and my air conditioning was out -- it was so futile I collapsed in tears LAUGHING for about 1/2 hour at my folly!

Devsmama
03-27-2009, 03:26 PM
My NSV is that my son made me run full court layup drills and I did them all!! I didn't puke or pass out, so I'm thrilled. (It does help when you have a 14 y/o yelling-suck it up crybaby! or pain is just weakness leaving your body..lol) So I'm proud of me!

cfmama
03-27-2009, 04:18 PM
I bought a size 24 jeans New years day when I weighed 320.4 lbs. It was the first time I had worn a size 24 in 10 years (when I started losing weight I was a 30!!!)

I put my jeans on today... fresh out of the dryer and 36 lbs lighter. They HANG on me. Just hang! I figured I'm at LEAST a 22 or maybe a 20!!!!!! I'm going shopping tonight?

Oh and I went shopping the other day and bought two tight t-shirts and three pairs of sexy sexy undies. All in a size 2x and GET THIS! The undies... ARE TOO BIG!!!!!

Oh I'm just full of the NSV's today ;)

fenderella5678
03-27-2009, 10:51 PM
Yay, I finally had a NSV since I started trying to lose weight again!

My aunt bought my mom a new shirt today, and I saw it laying on the bed and fell in love. Well my mom is a size 10/12 and I'm a size 24/26, and the shirt is a size L when I normally wear a 2XL-3XL, but it's really stretchy, so I asked my mom if I could have it. She said, "Well good luck fitting in to it." and I told her I think I can, so I went and tried it on, and I CAN WEAR IT.
So as a congratulatory gift, she gave it to me. And as a bonus, it looks gorgeous. :D
This is the first real sign I've been losing weight since I've been trying to again. Man, I've been needing this.

Oh, and another NSV happened the other day now that I think about it. I've been wanting to buy a few things from a online plus size clothing shop, and they size based on body type. Last year when I was about 340 lbs their size chart said I was a pear shape. Well a few days ago I re-measured myself just to see if it's changed any, and I'm officially an hourglass! :D I knew I had a waist in there somewhere, lol.

WarMaiden
03-29-2009, 12:50 PM
Today I'm wearing a sweater that my husband says was looking form-fitting just a few weeks ago, but now looks "tunic-like" or "smock-like." I've lost about 30 pounds since I initially purchased it, but it's not just the lost weight that's made the change...it's also the inches gone from the exercise I've been doing.

So this is awesome :) , but it also kind of sucks, since I'm not tired of this sweater yet :(

Lyn2007
03-29-2009, 12:52 PM
Last night I put on a pair of cute pajamas to see if they fit... and they do! Last time I tried them on about a month ago, I looked like a stuffed sausage and felt like the seams were going to bust. Now they are just right!

time2lose
03-29-2009, 02:46 PM
I just removed a bunch of clothes from my closet that are just too big to wear! I am just buying a bare minimum of clothing while losing weight so I am waiting for that closet to be almost empty!

Schmoodle
03-29-2009, 07:28 PM
I have been at a stall for a while, so I haven't had any NSVs. But I was in a training class last week and saw a guy I worked with a couple of years ago. Over the coffee pot during the break, I went over to say hello and got a blank stare in return. So I said, "do you remember me? Schmoodle, from the blah-de-blah project?" "Ohhh! I didn't recognize you. You look so... different now." He was polite enough not to say - "you dropped a ton of blubber, didn't you?" or "how much did you lose?" :D

WarMaiden
03-31-2009, 04:31 PM
My most supportive co-worker asked me as I was heading back from my lunchtime walk what I'm gonna do about exercise when the temperature hits the 100s this summer. (She is always so curious and enthusiastic about what I'm doing, it's wonderful.) I said to her, "Actually...I think I'm going to be training for a triathlon that happens in September, so on those days, I'll be swimming after work instead." !!! I just told someone I'm gonna train for a triathlon! I guess that means I actually have to DO it now. :eek:

Then she said that when I do the triathlon, she's going to come watch. Even though it will probably take me four hours to get through it, and it's in a city about 20 miles north! Wow. I'm actually quite touched and pleased.

activeadventurer
04-01-2009, 09:00 AM
WarMaiden A very sweet NSV. Thanks and GO GIRL!!!!